PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like the app "IMO"?

KingFu
05-30-2010, 10:17 AM
I tried it, for those of you who don't know what it is, it's a 3-D MMORPG for the "I" products, it is more japanese and cute kinda thing. I don't personally like it, it's weird and childish (in my opinion, I am usually open minded about apps, but this one I can't stand!)

So what do you guys think? Obviously not better then Pocket Legends, but do you like it?

Royce
05-30-2010, 10:19 AM
No.

it's weird and childish
Exactly.

Sayishere
05-30-2010, 10:28 AM
i played it for 3 mins then deleted it
not my thing at all

KingFu
05-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Same thing, I had it for like 5 minutes. 4 of which were used saying pocket legends is better and that they are all losers, I think I got banned from it. LOL! Why would I care!?!

Dizko
05-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Its not 3d.

Royce
05-30-2010, 10:53 AM
It's not even 1-D. It's got no D!

KingFu
05-30-2010, 10:55 AM
LOL, I played it for 2 minutes guys. LOL Royce, it has a C!

Pleasure_Pirate
05-30-2010, 11:41 AM
I agree it looked a tad childish, but I was going to try it anyway. That is, until it didn't get past the loading screen after numerous reinstalls and restarts. Any app released in that state does not give me hope for it's future, I deleted it.

Dizko
05-30-2010, 12:06 PM
I have to say though, I would love it, play it and spend money on it all the time - if PL wasn't around.

But PL is around..

flaimdude
05-30-2010, 02:23 PM
It's 2.5D, and I haven't played it cause I found PL before I found IMO. :)

Sayishere
05-31-2010, 04:45 AM
i played IMO first actually, i just didnt like it! it has good features and is very polished game but oh my, i dunno....

Someone told me to play it again so i did and i still have the same feelings, it just feels weird for me :P

Probably because i play PL to much :D

KingFu
05-31-2010, 05:27 AM
i played IMO first actually, i just didnt like it! it has good features and is very polished game but oh my, i dunno....

Someone told me to play it again so i did and i still have the same feelings, it just feels weird for me :P

Probably because i play PL to much :D

LOL! Exactly! I feel either way, I wouldn't play it very much, if at all.

ratava
05-31-2010, 06:10 AM
Have been searching around to see what PL is competing with. Verdict: None. I saw a few clips of things on you tube eg outer empires, various other sword-sorcery types. Some are good graphics others are like cut-out cards that you place on a paper table and tap the ground hard to make them move around ie creative but not very technical! Eg the above compared to the graphics of PL looks like a spectrum computer game...

You can tell if an app is serious: It has a polished look, the comments are not all complaining of niggling crashes, bugs etc and it's got to be addictive/value for money. Ngmoco seem to make good apps that are still a bit experimental, but promising.

PL is technically miles ahead: Connectivity, full of expected mmo features, details eg ping, battery display, dealing with backgound processes and still running smoothly. It's crazily good.
Secondly the support is the best I have seen for any app so far I've used, without hesitation. It's a product that always feels like more potential to tap from it.

The only thing that puts some ppl off, is the dungeon-crawl Diablo-style Gameplay is not their idea of fun or that pushing the attack button does not feel very nuanced combat. Personally find ripping through a dungeon is a blast and working out best skills to use and when/what order does involve a bit of thought and improvement. Lastly, the different dungeons and awesome style of mobs such as the skellies make advancing interesting to see the new graphics and skill effects etc.

It's just like the old game Gauntlet but with some of Bomberman's crazy effects and rpg progession of mmo's.

I know I'd like a versus dungeon where maybe 3/5 in group RED are trying to kill more and earn more treasure than 3/5 in group BLUE starting at opposite ends and maybe allowed to attach each other, to earn the highest score by end of the dungeon! Lag might be tricky but that would be seriously fun teamwork.

KingFu
05-31-2010, 06:42 AM
Summary please? Too long. LOL, sorry!

King Richie
05-31-2010, 09:48 AM
It's XD ...

ratava
05-31-2010, 09:51 AM

Hehe, laid-back Californians, eh?

Have been searching around to see what PL is competing with. Verdict: None.

Even on the PC there are not too many mmo's that look any good ; )

flaimdude
05-31-2010, 04:18 PM

tl;dr: PL wins. Short enough for ya?

KingFu
05-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Still pretty long, LOL. So PL wins against who? I have short and long and medium length memory loss lol!

Ogediah
05-31-2010, 11:44 PM
Its not 3d.

Lol this is exactly what i was thinking.

Splurd
06-01-2010, 12:52 AM
I play IMO. Its a 2D sprite based korean MMORPG. There are loads of such games around before (pc) and now one of them has made it to the iPhone. If you cant handle the graphics, ok thats fine, but I'd like to highlight that a game is more then simply just graphics.

It is more in line with what I expected a MMORPG to be, as compared to PL with its instanced action based gameplay. It does have more features. Quests Guilds, friends, pvp (its a pvp based mmorpg) trade, vending, enchanting, boss monsters, open maps instead of instanced rooms, etc

The exp grind is a little steep, after around 15lvls it slows down alot, and when you reach 20, it will take a few days of casual playing to just get one level.

and is possible to play for free, tho there are some things to buy.

PvP
06-01-2010, 12:59 AM
I play IMO. Its a 2D sprite based korean MMORPG. There are loads of such games around before (pc) and now one of them has made it to the iPhone. If you cant handle the graphics, ok thats fine, but I'd like to highlight that a game is more then simply just graphics.

It is more in line with what I expected a MMORPG to be, as compared to PL with its instanced action based gameplay. It does have more features. Quests Guilds, friends, pvp (its a pvp based mmorpg) trade, vending, enchanting, boss monsters, open maps instead of instanced rooms, etc

The exp grind is a little steep, after around 15lvls it slows down alot, and when you reach 20, it will take a few days of casual playing to just get one level.

and is possible to play for free, tho there are some things to buy.

RIP Splurd, we miss you. Haven't seen you in a very long while. D:

Splurd
06-01-2010, 01:35 AM
actually the real core reason why I play IMO is that it handles the lag better. my ping is usually 400-500 in PL and I still encounter problems with monsters and their positions.
My ping in IMO is 500-700 but still very much playable.

I was aiming to return to PL after I set up my router so I can play at home on wifi