PDA

View Full Version : HardLight Vanity Shield for Blackstar Name Reservations

Samhayne
05-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Name reservations are now closed.

We have added a new Vanity Shield - the HardLight Shield. It is granted to Pocket Legends players who reserve their character name for Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles, currently in development by Spacetime Studios.

Name reservations can be done from within Pocket Legends at your character screen.

Details about the program:

The name reservation costs 50 Platinum.

To reserve your Pocket Legends character name, you will need to log in to the game with the desired character name and make the purchase in game. From your character screen, you will notice a new selection for the character name reservation.

To be clear, the character you use to make the purchase is the same character who's name will be reserved.

After you make a purchase for the name reservation, if you rename your Pocket Legends character, the name reservation will apply to that new name and not the old name.

After you make a purchase for the name reservation, if you delete your character you will cancel the name reservation and forfeit the character name.

The character who's name you reserve will be granted a HardLight Vanity Shield. The shield has no statistics and is not able to be placed in your stash.

Here is a look at the HardLight shield.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/misc/samhayne/hardlight/hardlightshield.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDpy5vq1O1k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDpy5vq1O1k

Zeus
05-20-2011, 06:19 PM
This was a nice little surprise! I was one of the few that reserved 3 characters before the reward was announced. I definitely enjoy it, especially since I wasn't expecting it.

Junside
05-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Not bad... I guess it makes up for the questionable price.

Arterra
05-20-2011, 06:23 PM
*prays for a hardlight shield copy in Blackstar*

Samhayne
05-20-2011, 06:25 PM
*prays for a hardlight shield copy in Blackstar*

The HardLight shield was pulled from Blackstar closed internal beta to appear in Pocket Legends. So, I wager you'll see it in one form or another in Blackstar.

Simnar
05-20-2011, 06:26 PM
lol im not gonna pay 50 plat for that but its cool im sure no one will steal my name

Grankledude
05-20-2011, 06:30 PM
I dont have 50 plat... But ill buy em soon :D jahaaahahahah

Deathdemize
05-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Hey Samhayne I want to buy this but have a question first about it. Is there any way we will be getting somthing in B* for getting this on PL? Like you know how we get Vanity stuff in PL? anything like that for the name reservation for B* in game? But any who....where is that stupid lil...ahhaa found ya!

:banana::banana::banana: :cool:

Junside
05-20-2011, 06:39 PM
I have more plat than SamHayne xD

Deathdemize
05-20-2011, 06:43 PM
I have more plat than SamHayne xD

What are you going to do with 700+ plat xD

Artemis
05-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Whaattta bribe :P

seller
05-20-2011, 06:55 PM
i would pay 30plat for it maybe not 50 i think thats a bit crazy

thugimmortal
05-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Very nice shield but as im unable to get plat im gonna miss out :(

razerfingers
05-20-2011, 07:11 PM
nobody take my ign im not gonna reserve it if you do i kill you! lol

Xiximaurie
05-20-2011, 07:34 PM
samhayne:

I want a new character name for blackstar AND i want the vanity shield for my PL character as well. But i don't wan't to change my old character's name sooo...is that possible? OR do i have to create a new character lvl 1 in PL and reserve that name by buying me a vanity shield AND buy another vanity shield for my old character in PL??? :(( did i just answer my question :(( 100 plats?? :(( awwwchhhh

karmakali
05-20-2011, 07:57 PM
I love the shield! Thank you!

BlackRyder
05-20-2011, 09:14 PM
There's only one bad thing about the shield. It is not transerable between characters. I reserved BlackRyder, and i went to stash the shield, and it said that the item cannot be placed in the stash.

jaminn
05-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Lol I posted how I didn't like the 50 plat but now it may be worth it... maybe still a little annoying but I might do it yay blackstar :)

Arterra
05-20-2011, 09:32 PM
you have to admit, there are only 4 vanity shields in all of PL, and none of them are easy to come by.

giayuan
05-20-2011, 10:14 PM
LOOL bribe is right :P
ill buy it just cuz it helps sts hah :banana:

bronislav84
05-21-2011, 12:01 AM
So one per character that reserves? Or only first reserved character gets it?

Any news of a way to differentiate reserves in BS from non reserves? Maybe like, if you use the name you reserved you get a vanity item on the character with that name in BS. Would be an actual incentive to use the name, because right now it looks entirely PL-sided and nothing in BS. Would be nice to get something in BS too, but that's just my idea.

If I get my first name choice on day 1 then this reserve would be wasted. I'm honestly not sure if I'd use my reserve in that case. Getting something in BS for using the name encourages well, actually using the name.

Also please make it stash-able and therefore movable account wide. At least after BS launches. Pretty please?

Elf-Orc-Naga
05-21-2011, 02:14 AM
I reAlly dont like asking favor because were professionals here. But is it possible that the vanity shield be stashable? I think many will buy this if it is.

Redbridge
05-21-2011, 02:25 AM
did i just answer my question :(( 100 plats?? :(( awwwchhhh

That would be 105 plat (5 plat for the new slot). Hefty, eh? Would much nicer if shield was stashable, and reservations a little maybe cheaper.

I've got at least three I want to reserve but they won't be happening anytime soon.

Corpser
05-21-2011, 05:32 AM
sooooo once black star is released the name reserving thing will be removed and you wont get the shield anymore making really rare thats cool

but making it stashable would have advantages and disidvatages for exapmple someone that wants there charecter name to be reserved can trick people so they think there name has been reserved any way good job as usual

aldoric
05-21-2011, 05:35 AM
it looks sweet but i don't think its worth it it cost a bit to much:P

Fatpigwarrior
05-21-2011, 07:12 AM
I think this is a great idea but it needs stashablity and needs cost lowered to 10p, I mean seriously devs... 50p to type a name and place it on another game that is gonna make you doubly as rich....

Jjesus86
05-21-2011, 08:18 AM
I was gonna reserve my name just for the shield. Until I found out it's not stashable. I still want it. It's just the name I want to reserve is not my main. So I would end up with a shield for my lvl ten elf while I'm still putting alot of time into Lvling my 51 bird. Sts will still get my 50 plat. I just am not sure if I want an unstashable shield(with no stats)or elixirs.

Snakespeare
05-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Wow! It is my pleasure to support this game. I like it so much, and the three bucks it took to reserve my name was no skin off my nose. How nice to have a shield from B* already, and the game isn't even out yet. Wow! What a nice surprise. :)

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab35/snakespeare1/2dd00516.png

Jjesus86
05-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Aw screw it. I'm with Snakespeare. I gonna get the shield. Although snake idk how much plat u buy at a time. But 50 plat is a at least a 9.99 purchase if you have no plat to start off with. Seeing as 4.99 is only 30 plat.

Wicked Caccavari
05-21-2011, 09:50 AM
In my book, Spacetime Studios is just another developer trying to suck money out of players wallets. 50 Platinum for a simple name reservation is too costly. Most usernames I've seen aren't worthy of reserving because of the dullness of them.

azulflame
05-21-2011, 10:07 AM
you have to admit, there are only 4 vanity shields in all of PL, and none of them are easy to come by.

actually, the shield of gratitude is very easy to get.

Wicked Caccavari
05-21-2011, 11:22 AM
actually, the shield of gratitude is very easy to get.

Vanity items are just for looks. They don't benefit your character in anyway. No point in having one besides players saying, "Hey, look at my cool shield, bet you wish you had one!"

Snakespeare
05-21-2011, 11:26 AM
I was never good with math. 800 / 50 = 16, so I think that means I get 16 plat for $1 USD, 48 plat for $3 USD. But you're right that for people who bought 75 plat for $10 USD, the name reservation would cost $6.66. People asked what I would ever use all that plat for, but I don't count the cost. These guys made something that I take pleasure in. That other game wants $7 up front and then subscriptions and other hidden costs. These guys give me everything NEEDED for free, but anything that's a LUXURY costs plat. What a cool idea! Besides, that $50 I spent is still paying off. I've used 2/3rds of it (included two name changes). After I had it I was able to twink out my alts and really make them look, and perform, with exceptional style!

Anyways, thanks again, devs. This shield is just epic! And I didn't even expect it! :)

Lesrider
05-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Snake, I've an idea for you. Start an STS fan club and send all the proceeds to STS :p

Wicked Caccavari
05-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Snake, I've an idea for you. Start an STS fan club and send all the proceeds to STS :p

Or he can just give each of his checks to Spacetime Studios every month.

mage108
05-21-2011, 11:56 AM
I really dont think i'll be spending 50 platinum for this. As long as I get this when it comes out my name will NOT be taken. Also, I dont even have 50 platinum. LOWER THE PRICE!

Snakespeare
05-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Or he can just give each of his checks to Spacetime Studios every month.

Close guess, actually.

My boss walked into my office one day and handed me $200 on a pre-paid Visa, for doing good work. I turned around and gave 25% to the devs here, for the same reason. :)

Snakespeare
05-21-2011, 12:04 PM
I really dont think i'll be spending 50 platinum for this. As long as I get this when it comes out my name will NOT be taken. Also, I dont even have 50 platinum. LOWER THE PRICE!

Not a problem, at all. If you are paying attention on Day 1 you will get your name for free. I mean, who is really going to steal "mage108"? And would you even use it? So in your case, especially as you prefer the free game, just pay attention to the release. You will probably get a better name anyway.

MoarPewPew
05-21-2011, 03:26 PM
On topic: Thanks for the sweet shield!!!

Off topic: I can tell by the video that was posted re guarding the shield that the PC client is fully functional. I see a mouse cursor. XD

Justg
05-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Off topic: I can tell by the video that was posted re guarding the shield that the PC client is fully functional. I see a mouse cursor. XD

*shifty eyes*

neko
05-21-2011, 09:20 PM
While I doubt many people are going to lift my names, I decided to pick one up anyway. I like it.

Please support the developers that have brought you a game that you've enjoyed for countless hours. If not, at least don't harp at them for providing an OPTIONAL service.

MoarPewPew
05-21-2011, 09:39 PM
*shifty eyes*

Your supposed to say... "Great catch Pew!!! PC client will be out soon!"

<.<

bronislav84
05-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Uh, incredibly doubtful. It is obviously am in-house testing client for play-testing newly "finished" content before we get it. They definitely don't program directly on a mobile device. They have a Android/iOS "emulator" because it is needed. That's like saying put SSBB on the PC just because the game isn't programmed while directly on a Wii.

Just because the devs can and do play PL on a PC doesn't at all imply their client will ever be made public. Besides, a PC client would likely kill the mobile client and people would mostly stop playing on anything other than a PC. Main reason being: A PC doesn't need to be recharged and is meant to be plugged in, as opposed to mobile devices which their batteries degrade if plugged in with a full charge too long.

Sorry but I had to point that out.

DanielRH
05-22-2011, 03:27 AM
Uh, actualy... Hate to break up this amazing find... But it's possible to use a mouse with a jailbroken idevice. It's called BTStack Mouse... It allows you to use a Bluetooth mouse with an idevice.

MoarPewPew
05-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Uh, incredibly doubtful. It is obviously am in-house testing client for play-testing newly "finished" content before we get it. They definitely don't program directly on a mobile device. They have a Android/iOS "emulator" because it is needed. That's like saying put SSBB on the PC just because the game isn't programmed while directly on a Wii.

Just because the devs can and do play PL on a PC doesn't at all imply their client will ever be made public. Besides, a PC client would likely kill the mobile client and people would mostly stop playing on anything other than a PC. Main reason being: A PC doesn't need to be recharged and is meant to be plugged in, as opposed to mobile devices which their batteries degrade if plugged in with a full charge too long.

Sorry but I had to point that out.

PC version has already been confirmed that it is going to be released to the public.... Sorry to go off topic.

Ontopic, if we reserve another name do we get another shield? (just curious)

Snakespeare
05-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Pew, yeah. Each character who is name reserved gets a shield. The shield doesn't stash, it stays only with that character.

Zeus
05-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Pew, yeah. Each character who is name reserved gets a shield. The shield doesn't stash, it stays only with that character.

It's how it should be though. IMO.

bronislav84
05-22-2011, 02:57 PM
PC version has already been confirmed that it is going to be released to the public.... Sorry to go off topic.

Ontopic, if we reserve another name do we get another shield? (just curious)Source? Well, we can consider mobile PL dead soon as PC one is made.

Also been wondering that too, if it is one per character or account. Thanks Snake.
It's how it should be though. IMO.I honestly don't think it is. Some people have alts they barely play with cooler names than their mains and don't want to reserve the main but still see the shield. I'd guess this is the case for a lot of people actually.

If I had to guess, I'd say STS uses the shield's data as a marker/tracker on which characters names are reserved and has their server build a database out of this for reserves to be used as a reserve pool later. I wonder if the shield would be made moveable through stash after BS launches?

Elyseon
05-22-2011, 03:50 PM
I just wish it was stashable

Snakespeare
05-23-2011, 06:43 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say STS uses the shield's data as a marker/tracker on which characters names are reserved and has their server build a database out of this for reserves to be used as a reserve pool later. I wonder if the shield would be made moveable through stash after BS launches?

That's close to my guess, but I am guessing that Futumsh will start the actual database with some records using the reserved names of PL characters linked to the player's logins, but needing to be filled out further with maybe class, choice of uniform color, face. Then when we log in, the first thing it will want is that information, and we'll be up an running. If so, then "booking passage" means having Futumsh or one of his crew create your character for you ahead of time, which would explain why it costs plat.

ChadM
05-30-2011, 11:55 PM
It's the busy season for me and the funny book business, so I have been away far longer than I want to be, but I'm quite pleased to say I've laid down some plat for my name reservations.

I gotta say, I'm pretty excited!

Zeus
05-30-2011, 11:57 PM
It's the busy season for me and the funny book business, so I have been away far longer than I want to be, but I'm quite pleased to say I've laid down some plat for my name reservations.

Been wondering where you went! :)

DawnInfinity
05-31-2011, 12:02 AM

Glad to see you!

Colborne
05-31-2011, 10:27 PM
I just wanted to say. I reserved my name. Not because it'll get taken lol. If there's another Colborne out there Ima get u with my beastly bear!!!!! But I did get the hard light shield and I gotta say COOOL!!!!!! I love it!!!! I love pocket legends!!! Can't wait till blackstar comes out:)

Yanniel Rios
07-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I Recently Got My Name Renamed To RebelBebo But I Never Got The Shield Wit My Purchase Does Anyone Know Wat To Do Or Has The Same Problem. I Play On A Tmobile My Touch 4g

LADYHADASSA
07-12-2011, 08:25 PM
I Recently Got My Name Renamed To RebelBebo But I Never Got The Shield Wit My Purchase Does Anyone Know Wat To Do Or Has The Same Problem. I Play On A Tmobile My Touch 4g

This shieldmcame to those in pocketlegends who reserved their name in blackstar... You do not get a shield for name change...