PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: Get your potions FREE

Fyrce
05-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Just like gold and item drops, dungeons drop potions.
Over the course of a dungeon level, you can get quite a few potion drops. The drops are random among members of your group. Group members probably have to be within the xp/treasure range of whatever is dropping the potion(s), either the monsters you kill or chests. Once someone has 25 of either hp potions or mana potions, that person won't drop anymore of that particular potion.

SO TO FARM POTIONS:
Empty your inventory of potions or carry much fewer than 25 of each.
Go farm in an area you can survive fairly easily in.
Put on m/s gear for less mana usage.
When you get 25 potions, give to a designate person in your group OR stash them.
Repeat.

Farm away!

Sky../
05-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Host get the drop until he dies. Then it goes to someone else (i assume the next person who entered the map) and so on.

Gluttony
05-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Host get the drop until he dies. Then it goes to someone else (i assume the next person who entered the map) and so on.

Is that how it works?! I always wondered, but could never quite place my finger on exactly what was happening. Thank you for the information.

Wicked Caccavari
05-20-2011, 10:24 PM

I was wondering how that worked because I know sometimes I'd fill up on potions quickly and other times I'd get none.

asommers
05-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Drops are random. The host isn't favored.

-ALS

Gluttony
05-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Drops are random. The host isn't favored.

Well now, guess no matter how it looks/seems it always comes back to random.

Ayrilana
05-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Well now, guess no matter how it looks/seems it always comes back to random.

People try to find patterns in everything which is why things can sometimes feel like they're not random.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fooled_by_Randomness

Sky../
05-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Oh well, dev confirmed i was wrong.

Sure felt like it though. I always maxed my 25 pots (from 0) whenever i host; and never when i join.

Futumsh
05-20-2011, 11:13 PM
There was a bug with the potion distribution, which is fixed for the next server code update (probably Monday). Everyone within loot range when potions are gotten should have an even chance at them.

Sky../
05-20-2011, 11:31 PM
There was a bug with the potion distribution, which is fixed for the next server code update (probably Monday). Everyone within loot range when potions are gotten should have an even chance at them.

So does this mean I was correct and not looney? (note: was, since it seemed to be fixed)

Fyrce
05-23-2011, 01:20 PM
You get potions as part of the group. I noticed because I was checking, but it's definitely not as many as if you're alone.
Distribution might have been split starting w/ "first" to enter.
Anyways, sounds like it'll be random; I'm guessing similar to drops.

Aculeas
05-23-2011, 01:45 PM
I thought that this was common knowledge. Perhaps this should be in the Player Guides forum if it isn't already.

Zeusofire
05-23-2011, 03:07 PM
K that's nice to know!

Redbridge
05-23-2011, 03:44 PM
So does this mean I was correct and not looney? (note: was, since it seemed to be fixed)

maybe both are true.....lol

anyways, added to my list of guides and helpsheets (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20352-Guides-Indexes-Helpsheets-amp-all-other-wonderful-stuff-in-one-place...)

Moogerfooger
05-23-2011, 03:48 PM
You get potions as part of the group. I noticed because I was checking, but it's definitely not as many as if you're alone.
Distribution might have been split starting w/ "first" to enter.
Anyways, sounds like it'll be random; I'm guessing similar to drops.

Just from what I saw, and this was a few months ago, the first to enter would get 25 first....if I was second in, I wouldn't start racking up pots til the host/first had 25. This may have been changed, but maybe someone else could confirm/deny it may still be this way.

Redbridge
05-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Just from what I saw, and this was a few months ago, the first to enter would get 25 first....if I was second in, I wouldn't start racking up pots til the host/first had 25. This may have been changed, but maybe someone else could confirm/deny it may still be this way.

That was my thinking moogerfooger, from my semi-afk farming sessions. I'll test tonight before the 'fix' and then after once its released, and advise..

Sky../
05-23-2011, 03:56 PM
That was my thought too, first in (host) get's the drop. But earlier on this thread asommers said it was random. Then futum said there was a bug with the pot drop that was about to get fixed.

Moogerfooger
05-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I saw asommers' random comment, and since I haven't farmed for pots in a several months, was wondering if it had changed. I do know that the host got them first, or whoever was first if it was a public game....then second, etc.

I saw rumors floating around that ONLY the host ever got them, I know for a fact this wasn't true a while back, but again it may have changed in one of the patches along the way.

All I know is that it comes in very handy for a lot of players who have not been fortunate with drops along the way :)

Thanks for testing, RedB....

Redbridge
05-23-2011, 11:37 PM
That was my thinking moogerfooger, from my semi-afk farming sessions. I'll test tonight before the 'fix' and then after once its released, and advise..

(testing in FH4, with 4 players)
Would appear currently only host gets 25. Further players didn't get anything once the host reached 25. But once the host gave the 25 of each pot to another player, they started accumulating again.

I'll retest after the patch.

Hope that helps.

Sky../
05-23-2011, 11:53 PM
(testing in FH4, with 4 players)
Would appear currently only host gets 25. Further players didn't get anything once the host reached 25. But once the host gave the 25 of each pot to another player, they started accumulating again.

I'll retest after the patch.

Hope that helps.

Plasma pyramid drop a lot of pots too.