PDA

View Full Version : My request for the next expansion.

Zylx
10-19-2015, 01:55 PM
Since this one's already screwed up by the para and eye hoarders, my request is to set this next expansion as a fresh start.

According to the pattern of things, we'll likely get the lv51 expansion towards the end of 2016 or the beginning of 2017. Not only are we currently stuck with the same crap that ruined last season's gear balance, but we are probably going to be stuck with them for another year or more.

Simply put, buffing our current gear to a somewhat useful level isn't going to eliminate paras altogether. At most, that's just going to further deepen the issue of gear imbalance. I'm not one who completely understands all the technical hullabaloo behind stats and such, but it's obvious to me that we have a problem that cant be swept under the rug.

No way in heck should a player who was here a year ago, no matter how much "hard work" (seriously, this is a game) they did, have such a permanent advantage that is unattainable by everyone else, even if everyone else plays their butts off. How is that fair?

So my request is to set off the next expansion with gear that is above and beyond superior to the lv46 "top gear". This includes the next expansion's crate legendaries (they need to be better than the lv46 mythics). Also, either manually remove all existing para and eye gems and replace them with their buffed jewel counterparts, or not let these paras and eye gems scale to a level greater than 46 (as in, don't let someone socket a para or eye into a lv47 epic).

Also, what in the name of pickles are these lightning jewels? Are they supposed to be useful? Lol. I wouldn't pay one single gold to waste a socket for 1-2% crit.

Visiting
10-19-2015, 05:53 PM
The one suggestion that hasn't been offered: Remove gems. The game was fine before them...

Visiting
10-19-2015, 06:20 PM
No it wasn't XD

Horrible waits for elite content, brain cell killing grinds of km3 which seemed never ending. Arcanes priced at a price which made herculean tasks seem like snatching baby from a candy, Halloween 2013 and tarlok event world of difference. Just saying as someone who "quit" right after Halloween 2013.
All those are unrelated to gems. .-.

Ebezaanec
10-19-2015, 07:43 PM
Some thoughts

1. Add higher tier jewels into Elite loot tables. I've always been supportive of the jewel concept because it created more diversity in stat distributions. Gems were a nice and all, but there wasn't much to do after getting them all grand. Keeping drop rates as they are for normal is fine, but Elite should have some bonuses in the form of damaged jewels.

Here's an example from Diablo 3 below. See these ridiculous numbers? No one in their right mind would grind for that. Players need not fret though. The developers at Blizzard set minimum gem tiers so a high level player would never see the lowest denomination (they would see something further along the progression instead)

2. Don't be afraid to release better gear. People will whine and moan about how they worked so hard to get where they were, but don't listen to them. Those are the same people who wanted the old mythics to be upgraded and guess what? We got equipment stagnation for several seasons. MMOs are progression-based games. If people can't handle replacing gear, then they need to find a different game.

3. Give bosses actual loot. This expansion baffles me because the three bosses all drop items that are very low value. Trash mobs drop more valuable items (well, only Fangs I guess). I only ran Northal to cash in on the fluctuating beast essences. Now I only run him for the quest. The bosses should be given something worth the ankhs and potions.

4. Test the game more often! We would prefer delayed, bug-free releases instead of rushed, bug-filled releases. (I don't know lol. Ask Madnex for help. He's the bug aficionado)

But let's not jump to soon to the next expansion. We still have the month of November before the Winter event starts and still some time after that. STG is a small company and they have limited resources, so I can understand if it takes a bit longer. Let's just they don't make it 'PL' longer.

Dimitrian
10-19-2015, 10:51 PM
Some thoughts

1. Add higher tier jewels into Elite loot tables. I've always been supportive of the jewel concept because it created more diversity in stat distributions. Gems were a nice and all, but there wasn't much to do after getting them all grand. Keeping drop rates as they are for normal is fine, but Elite should have some bonuses in the form of damaged jewels.

Here's an example from Diablo 3 below. See these ridiculous numbers? No one in their right mind would grind for that. Players need not fret though. The developers at Blizzard set minimum gem tiers so a high level player would never see the lowest denomination (they would see something further along the progression instead)

2. Don't be afraid to release better gear. People will whine and moan about how they worked so hard to get where they were, but don't listen to them. Those are the same people who wanted the old mythics to be upgraded and guess what? We got equipment stagnation for several seasons. MMOs are progression-based games. If people can't handle replacing gear, then they need to find a different game.

3. Give bosses actual loot. This expansion baffles me because the three bosses all drop items that are very low value. Trash mobs drop more valuable items (well, only Fangs I guess). I only ran Northal to cash in on the fluctuating beast essences. Now I only run him for the quest. The bosses should be given something worth the ankhs and potions.

4. Test the game more often! We would prefer delayed, bug-free releases instead of rushed, bug-filled releases. (I don't know lol. Ask Madnex for help. He's the bug aficionado)

But let's not jump to soon to the next expansion. We still have the month of November before the Winter event starts and still some time after that. STG is a small company and they have limited resources, so I can understand if it takes a bit longer. Let's just they don't make it 'PL' longer.

I'd like to add:
5) Make the game more balanced between classes.
You know what i'm talking about.