PDA

View Full Version : Need help making a guild

Devrail
10-19-2015, 09:13 PM
I want to make a guild for endgame. Im fully geared, and very active.

Any guides on how to make a big guild?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nelson131
10-19-2015, 09:48 PM
1. Buy a guild charter. Ta-da.

It's not so simple. Making a guild from scratch is a nearly impossible task. Why? Because no one knows you, no one shares your goals/motivations/desires. You need to be considerably well-known and respected. Without that you have less authority with which to lead and control your guild.

Making a guild has to be about more than just a single person at the start. You need to have a core group of people helping you. These people should share similar motivations for playing so it will be easier for you to steer your guild in the direction you want it to go. So you'll need to identify what you and your friends want out of it- do you want a PvP guild? Farming guild? Casual or hardcore? You need to decide on this before you start out.

You need gold. Alot of gold. And maybe some plat. Noone is going to join your guild unless they feel you have some means of supporting them, in terms of levelling up, gearing up, getting aps, farming runs, PvP support etc. And an important part of this is gold. Gold helps you help others by 1. Helping yourself gear up, 2. Organizing events for others 3. Buying ankhs and other things to help you survive farming runs with less well-geared guildies.

Starting a guild cannot be a selfish desire. Doing it with selfish intentions will lead to quick burnout. You realize you're serving a part of the AL community. If you cannot do this selflessly, you'll come to find that the stress from managing a guild will eventually consume your enjoyment of the game.

Some people will have unrealistic demands of guild, others are just out to serve themselves and will do the guild more harm than good. Making your guild successful requires a level of savvy that is needed to protect your guild by keeping the good members and weeding out those who would bleed it dry.

In any case, making and managing a guild for the first time is a unique learning experience that actually helps you grow as a person, if you put your heart to it. I hope you give all the necessary consideration to this task, and should you in he end decide to push through with it I wish you and your new guild all the best.

Yup, exactedly from mother of emi. You cant be selfish, and have to have a commanding authority, and inspire respect from your members/officers. You can choose to put down strict rules, or you can choose to put down more lenient rules, and build your guild out of socialing, help, and friendliness. Every move, action, rule you make can completely change the fate of your guild, so make your choices wisely and carefully!

Also, I cant stress enough of the importance of a good officer core. Start by having great officers, and then expand your guild. But, be reminded that overly expanding the guild and inviting ungeared or unskilled people can cause the loss of your best members. You should also look for members with a good attitude and are willing to help others despite sacrificing their time. Do not tolerate beggars or people harming the guild's unity.
Eventually, a lot of the nubs-filled guilds crumble into nothing.
Begin with the end in mind.

Devrail
10-19-2015, 09:49 PM
Thank you so very much safiras!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broskyxxx
10-19-2015, 10:02 PM
I need a guild add me IGN broskyboss

nelson131
10-19-2015, 10:02 PM
Oh and also, I personally do not support guild-merging as in the process, a merged guild looses its identity and history, two important aspects of great guilds.
Also, your control over the merged guild will weaken, and the gm may not see eye to eye to problems, causing the guild to split and fall.
Look at Al guilds. Most merged guilds fall quickly, like United, eos and karma. The guilds who trully survive through time like phoenix, dm, er are guilds that stick to their their identity, and stand by their most important values.
You can learn a lot from history-rich guilds in Al.

Zylx
10-19-2015, 10:46 PM
Read this
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=193609

Cursebaby
10-20-2015, 03:32 AM
Oh and also, I personally do not support guild-merging as in the process, a merged guild looses its identity and history, two important aspects of great guilds.
Also, your control over the merged guild will weaken, and the gm may not see eye to eye to problems, causing the guild to split and fall.
Look at Al guilds. Most merged guilds fall quickly, like United, eos and karma. The guilds who trully survive through time like phoenix, dm, er are guilds that stick to their their identity, and stand by their most important values.
You can learn a lot from history-rich guilds in Al.

Yes! All the gm hard work will be gone if the guilds merge and it is true those guilds that merge get disband/defected sooner or later

Ascents
10-20-2015, 05:07 AM
I recommend that you first find people that you trust and respect that will help become formidable high commands or officers of your Guild. Once you do this, you will create the base plate of your group to grow on. So when you invite people, your high command can help sort out any problems or issues that happen in the group. For recruiting members, I suggest you recruit friends to start of so they recruit their friends and so on, have a strong line of recruiters. There are great places to recruit, this could be anywhere; in PVP, Town, Guild Hall or just whilst running a map. Maybe get involved with the forum and create a guild thread for forum members to read about you.

Titanium
10-20-2015, 07:12 AM
I want to build a million dollar business in one year . I'm looking for tips !

kydrian
10-20-2015, 08:22 AM
I want to build a million dollar business in one year . I'm looking for tips !
https://youtu.be/Cv1RJTHf5fk

He's most proud of his books

Y