PDA

View Full Version : Isn't rangepwnsmeel a guardian?

Swimmingstar
05-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Why did he lose guardian?

Arterra
05-21-2011, 10:19 AM
either he just set it to senior member or something horrible has happened...

Swimmingstar
05-21-2011, 10:21 AM
u can do that? I think something horrible happened his sig changed a lot too

Arterra
05-21-2011, 10:23 AM
i am now currently a senior member

Lesrider
05-21-2011, 10:24 AM
I couldn't help but look myself... His sig talks about letting something go... o.0

Swimmingstar
05-21-2011, 10:26 AM
how did you become guardian first place contest or being good

Arterra
05-21-2011, 10:27 AM
being chosen by developers for "helping people and being active/visible in the PL community."

Swimmingstar
05-21-2011, 10:29 AM
ok so nvm I can help myself

Zeus
05-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Haven't lost my guardianship :). Just changed it. I still wear the shield in game.

@Lesrider, quite an observant eye you got there ;).

Ayc2000
05-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Haven't lost my guardianship :). Just changed it. I still wear the shield in game.

@Lesrider, quite an observant eye you got there ;).

Oh... Thats good, cause I couldn't think of anything that you could've done to lose it, since you're always helping people with questions and stufff

Redbridge
05-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Phew - that was a worry for a moment....

RedRyder
05-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Lol yea we can change the status and avatar here as we please

azulflame
05-21-2011, 11:38 AM
parth, did they manage to lynch you in BC town?

Snakespeare
05-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Can't blame you for changing the status. I posted recently agreeing with one person and disagreeing with another, and the result was that the one I disagreed with posted "and now a Guardian is coming to your rescue" or some such. So now, apparently, my opinions aren't just from me anymore, I'm some sort of representative of an elite group. I'd like to shake that perception, but I don't want to stop proudly displaying my shield. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it, too. The right thing, I guess, in light of that, is to either post my opinions with the awareness that they may reflect poorly on my peers, or hide my status. And given how much I dislike people saying the devs are trying to rip us off, I may find that I have to follow your lead, Parth.

Arterra
05-21-2011, 12:00 PM
...or do as i do, ignore elitist avatars but stick to being recognized as someone with good insights.

Zomgitznaynay
05-21-2011, 12:31 PM
can someone explain how to get to be a guardian?
im new to the website

Snakespeare
05-21-2011, 12:41 PM
They award it to people who do things for the community. Some people made guides, some suggested a lot of the ideas that they took, and some just help others a lot. You can't get it by asking. It's dropped on you like a pink. If your natural personality is to enhance the community, just be yourself. One day it might happen. But don't expect it. Don't hope for it. It's very rare.

But if you'd rather be someone who goes against the grain, who fights change, who wants to post without self-editing, then definitely give it up. If you see yourself as a lone soul pitted against the cold, cruel devs, don't hope for this. This particular vanity wouldn't be for you, anyway.

Zeus
05-21-2011, 12:49 PM
They award it to people who do things for the community. Some people made guides, some suggested a lot of the ideas that they took, and some just help others a lot. You can't get it by asking. It's dropped on you like a pink. If your natural personality is to enhance the community, just be yourself. One day it might happen. But don't expect it. Don't hope for it. It's very rare.

But if you'd rather be someone who goes against the grain, who fights change, who wants to post without self-editing, then definitely give it up. If you see yourself as a lone soul pitted against the cold, cruel devs, don't hope for this. This particular vanity wouldn't be for you, anyway.

Lol, Snake. You got it spot on without me even saying anything. You know me so well :).

Diodge
05-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Can't blame you for changing the status. I posted recently agreeing with one person and disagreeing with another, and the result was that the one I disagreed with posted "and now a Guardian is coming to your rescue" or some such. So now, apparently, my opinions aren't just from me anymore, I'm some sort of representative of an elite group. I'd like to shake that perception, but I don't want to stop proudly displaying my shield. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it, too. The right thing, I guess, in light of that, is to either post my opinions with the awareness that they may reflect poorly on my peers, or hide my status. And given how much I dislike people saying the devs are trying to rip us off, I may find that I have to follow your lead, Parth.

Thats to bad that you feel you have to watch what you post. I would hate to ever be in that spot where I couldnt say my idea or opinion.

I would wear my tag/shield with pride. The ones with hate just want something you have. If you do good in life and have nice things. There is always going to be someone to hate on you. AlWaYs
Never hold out on saying something you feel is right.

DawnInfinity
05-21-2011, 08:57 PM
GoAs are essentially role models for the community, and with that honor and role you must watch what you say. As with any responsibilities in life, there are added benefits and drawbacks.

Arterra
05-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Wait how did this thread turn into GoA guidelines? I'm still worried over parth's planned level of (in)activity and possible casting aside of responsibilities.

KingFu
05-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Even though he already said he didn't. I can reassure he didn't. Since I didn't get a PM saying so:D

Arterra
05-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, the world is once again safe, thanks to CAPTAIN MYSTICALDREAM.

Gluttony
05-21-2011, 10:38 PM
I knew GoA could change their avatar (Arterra has proven that), but I had no idea you could change your title as well. Isn't that like demoting yourself? I mean don't you get guardian status for "being visible in the community" so wouldn't this be the opposite? Well glad to know that the GoA didn't lose a member.

Ayrilana
05-21-2011, 10:46 PM
You don't need a title to help someone. It's just a designation, not a ranking.

BowOfZeus
05-22-2011, 12:06 AM

I believe I misunderstood you. You have cake?

Mageprodigy
05-22-2011, 08:39 AM
why u should change it?

Swimmingstar
05-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Ha! just need proof I wanna see it say guardian again

Zeus
05-22-2011, 10:04 AM
You don't need a title to help someone. It's just a designation, not a ranking.

+10. My thoughts exactly :).

Zeus
05-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Ha! just need proof I wanna see it say guardian again

If you find me in game on bodyguardz, you will see that I still have the shield.

Swimmingstar
05-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Ok found proof

Snakespeare
05-22-2011, 01:47 PM
I believe I misunderstood you. You have cake?

Chocolate, in fact. It was to big to eat in one sitting, so I did eat it yet I have it, too.

Snakespeare
05-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Wait how did this thread turn into GoA guidelines? I'm still worried over parth's planned level of (in)activity and possible casting aside of responsibilities.

I think the guideline rabbit trail was the result of guessing at why Parth changed his status and avatar. I still don't know why, actually. Maybe he's going undercover.

Zeus
05-22-2011, 02:01 PM
I think the guideline rabbit trail was the result of guessing at why Parth changed his status and avatar. I still don't know why, actually. Maybe he's going undercover.

I did it, because that was I can still assume my guardian role without the added expectations and people holding me up an unachievable (for me at least) morality standard, that I don't think I can achieve. Arterra, don't worry. I'm not going to leave, just yet at least.