PDA

View Full Version : Lv40 pure int enchantress [needs help]

alvinhy
05-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi there,
I have a Lv40 pure int enchantress currently using the brain-freeze set.
I was wondering if I have overgrown to this set.
Anyone know what gear I should go for in the future?
and whats the best place to level up now?

sorry for asking so many questions...its my first character lol.
;);)
Thanks a lot!!

Roasty
05-21-2011, 10:56 AM
You can start using some ao1 gear. Example: khafra armor and helm and maybe a set lightning staff. Those things :)

alvinhy
05-21-2011, 10:58 AM
I was going to go for a voodoo set but then its so expensive in the CS...

Redbridge
05-21-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm thinking you'd be best to save your money (unless you have lots) for a nice lvl50 set. You should be able to get through to 50 with the drops you get and you can start looking out for a few good deals, in the meantime, on the lvl50 Cosmos or Shadow sets (see Yanis' list (http://tinyurl.com/YanisPL05)). Once you start buying some of that stuff you'll be pretty motivated to get to 50 and use it ASAP...

Let us know how you get on. Feel free to add any of my alts if you need a helping hand ever.

alvinhy
05-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Im lv42 now I think ill find a way to get the shadow set with glowstick.
Anyone know where I can get it ?

kamikazees
05-21-2011, 09:26 PM
The shadow gear comes from the shadow caves and is very difficult to get, which is reflected in its high prices.

Here is my advice: stick with your brain freeze gear until level 45, then purchse Khafra gear, which is pretty cheap if I recall. There are lower level versions (lvl 41, for example), but those are more expensive. Whatever you can afford, hold onto that until lvl 50. Once you hit level 50, purchase cosmos gear if you have the money. Then immediately get the cyber eq quests and go for that gear. It will cause you to run a whole bunch of bosses (I got some pricey pink drops!), and it is the best gear you can get for free at that level. In fact, it is second only to shadow gear.

You will probably finish your cyber gear questing when you are level 51. Be happy about that accomplishment; equipment just gets more pricey from this point on. In any event, you can then decide whether you want to purchase Balefort Sewer level 51 or 53 gear (oranges, greens and purples), or just keep your cyber gear all the way up to 55, when the BS gear becomes cheaper (except pinks, which are EXPENSIVE). I personally just used whatever drops I got while leveling in Balefort Sewers, except I bought a level 53 flusher bracer (I could not get a bracer to drop!). Good luck!

alvinhy
05-21-2011, 11:25 PM
The shadow gear comes from the shadow caves and is very difficult to get, which is reflected in its high prices.

Here is my advice: stick with your brain freeze gear until level 45, then purchse Khafra gear, which is pretty cheap if I recall. There are lower level versions (lvl 41, for example), but those are more expensive. Whatever you can afford, hold onto that until lvl 50. Once you hit level 50, purchase cosmos gear if you have the money. Then immediately get the cyber eq quests and go for that gear. It will cause you to run a whole bunch of bosses (I got some pricey pink drops!), and it is the best gear you can get for free at that level. In fact, it is second only to shadow gear.

You will probably finish your cyber gear questing when you are level 51. Be happy about that accomplishment; equipment just gets more pricey from this point on. In any event, you can then decide whether you want to purchase Balefort Sewer level 51 or 53 gear (oranges, greens and purples), or just keep your cyber gear all the way up to 55, when the BS gear becomes cheaper (except pinks, which are EXPENSIVE). I personally just used whatever drops I got while leveling in Balefort Sewers, except I bought a level 53 flusher bracer (I could not get a bracer to drop!). Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!! so what you are saying is I should just keep leveling and equip gear that is better than what I have.
But isnt the shadow gear better than the cosmos??
If I get to BS and get the gears there what stats should i look for?
Like more H/s or M/s or armour??

Thanks for all the advice this forum is great!!!

Fatpigwarrior
05-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Just use Lv. 50 items and then get Sewer drops and eventually save for big sets such as my favourite int one Sewer Queen :)

friedkimchi
05-22-2011, 01:51 AM
Personally I did not bother with such voodoo and whatnot equips. I just got some cheap purple stuff like Albert's wand etc and that held up till 43/45 when I was lucky enough to get a decent staff drop from bosses.
After that I just kept pushing for 50 and got the cosmos set for like 200k.
From 50-51, I did the mystery quests to get the mystery helm and armour. They add 7h/s, 5m/s each. Don't really care for cyber gear quests. Too troublesome.
From 51-55, I used some a cheap lvl 51 wand and some purple lvl 50 bracer(3h/s , 3m/s) along with the mystery items mentioned above.
And when I got to 55, the money that I saved and earned was used to buy the mega mage gemstone staff set for a cool 1.2 mil.

Friedkimchi, lvl 55 pure int mage.

P.S. First ever post in the forums! =)