PDA

View Full Version : Power lvling

Silentarrow
05-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Will anybody help me lvl my bear hes lvl 31

Arterra
05-21-2011, 12:01 PM
why? give me a good reason that i cannot fight back against and i will personally train with you.

Zbooo
05-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Haha, ill play with you I have a lvl 31 mage add me

Ayrilana
05-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Will anybody help me lvl my bear hes lvl 31

Power leveling is frowned upon and you'll likely get a lot of negative responses from people.

Redbridge
05-21-2011, 12:14 PM
People, power levelling is very frowned upon, by many, unless you have a very very good reason. (there aren't many/any)

The game is not just an end destination so please don't rush there. There are no shortcuts. There are plenty of things to be doing on the route to the end game but, as plenty will tell you, it can be boring grinding, just the same as at other levels, so enjoy the game, take ur time and make lots of good friends on the way.

More importantly, help a fellow player every time you log on.

Good Luck with it all...

Fantasychick
05-21-2011, 12:54 PM
i believe in power leveling, its a good way for high lvls to help people and have a chance at earning abit of gold at the same time, i dont think i was power leveled as i helped out EVERY run healing rez, healing rez, healing rez, but i had 3x xp 2x damage pot in plasma from 30-48 keeper till 52, sewers till 55, i did 3x xp the whole time, in a full group whilst normally being the lowest level, i did like 18-30 in plasma too with Aizn, THANK YOU<-- ily, aint seen him in ages but he helped me big, bought me iceberg n what not

personally power leveling can be many differnt things, and yes it can be good, get a 55 for gold farming while you lvl ur main thanks to more gold so better items, So many differnt things

posted for icantspel x

KingGiant
05-21-2011, 02:01 PM
I find the leveling and questing alot more fun than the end game farm fest. That's just me personally tho.

Silentarrow
05-21-2011, 02:05 PM
My reason is that ive already got to lvl 52 for real and its just a pain to get back their again grindibg the same
Lvl over and over again with low levels takes about 10 minutes but with a high lvl it takes 2-5

Hankomachos
05-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Why do ppl even care if someone power lvs someone? Its not their business!

Zeus
05-21-2011, 02:12 PM
My reason is that ive already got to lvl 52 for real and its just a pain to get back their again grindibg the same
Lvl over and over again with low levels takes about 10 minutes but with a high lvl it takes 2-5

Is it the same class? If it's a different class, you should learn that class all over again by grinding the normal way.

Fantasychick
05-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Is it the same class? If it's a different class, you should learn that class all over again by grinding the normal way.

have you ever leveled a char in plasma before level restrictions that was under 40? and this isnt a attack on you, i like you but i hate ur roots -.- -60 dodge D:

Zeus
05-21-2011, 02:30 PM
have you ever leveled a char in plasma before level restrictions that was under 40? and this isnt a attack on you, i like you but i hate ur roots -.- -60 dodge D:

Icantspell. I leveled most of my characters the normal way. The only end game character that wasn't leveled properly was my elf. That was because they were nerfing leveling, (Increasing the xp needed per level), so I wanted to get to 50 before that happened. The consequence of that? I don't know how to play my elf as well as I'd like to.

Fantasychick
05-21-2011, 02:53 PM
i see your point, i have a 28 bird that my gf is lvling atm, (she better be -_-), and i only made it so i can get good at learning combo's in pvp, and learning what a warbird can do,pretty good with dex, at 27 beating 35's (no voodoo) i've played most my game as enchantress and role as a pally but i think im a good pally, most will say NO U SUCK, because i get alot of haters/jumpers, but i have joined games on my bear (icanspell) and people have said are you the pally icantspel?! your really good, its amazing to hear that, but my ench was p lvled 1-55 in about 2 weeks, i had a 24 before that manually leveled, boosted a 32 bear, had a 31 manual bear before that, so just get a char high lvl, and make another that you can twink, play with and save deaths/pvpdeaths ect on ur main one :)

Silentarrow
05-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Its not the same class but i learned melee Style
From all the other MMO's ive played in wich i mained as a tank

Wicked Caccavari
05-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Powerleveling is a less viable option now due to level restrictions.

Sky../
05-21-2011, 03:08 PM

Because once these geniuses get to 55+, they'll be flooding the map with their brilliance.

Example. I was playing with my bear last night, leading the group. I beckon mobs to a wall, ahh nice and tight. As soon as i hit hellscream and prepare to stomp them against the wall, this einstein of a bear beckoned the mob to the other side of the hall/room!! And this wasn't an isolated instance from him/her. Over and over he/she did the same. And to make it worse, it seemed like he/she has figured out how to clone him/herself, because there's at least 5 more of them that did the same.

Fantasychick
05-21-2011, 03:19 PM
im 20, and tbh im quite intelligent, so i learn fast, and played multiple mmo's mmorpg's ect ect, wow, legend of mir, conquer 2.0, list goes on and on, but i learn fast, and LOVE pvp, so tbh as long as i get to the lvl of choice, idc ill learn how to pvp and withthat i learn how to play my char

Redbridge
05-21-2011, 05:23 PM
im 20, and tbh im quite intelligent, so i learn fast, and played multiple mmo's mmorpg's ect ect, wow, legend of mir, conquer 2.0, list goes on and on, but i learn fast, and LOVE pvp, so tbh as long as i get to the lvl of choice, idc ill learn how to pvp and withthat i learn how to play my char

Maybe you're one of the very few that aren't included in the vast group of power levellers who get to 45 and still haven't got a clue about the basics...... And worse, don't know they haven't got a clue, get frustrated with everyone else, and end up getting banned/ignored/etc. Why don't you take some time to help the community and share your knowledge, people would benefit.

It is entirely my business if I am hosting a game, running a map and/or generally playing PL.... And they don't know what they are doing because they spent more time concentrating on lvl56 than learning how to play. I don't want everyone to understand the game mechanics, and I don't get snooty when players aren't wearing the best gear.

I don't, though, think it's too much to expect players to understand the etiquette of the game, the different group compositions and how they require different playing styles, how to hit combos with other players and watch the cycle of everyone skills, rather than 2 mages spamming the heal button at the same time, waste. And don't get me started about bears who don't know what they're doing.

There are many intricacies to this game most of which I'm still learning, but many people don't know the basics and the majority of them are people who spent too much time, head down chasing 56.... Stop, take a look around, and enjoy the ride.

This is obviously a generisation, but it is simple logic that, if you rush through the learning of anything, and take shortcuts, you are (generally) never going to be able to be the most effective you can be for yourself or the players on your team.

Please please please read all the guides in the URL in my signature, don't take shortcuts and be as effective as you can, or feel free to power level and we'll add you the long list of people who the majority of us help out, give advice to, and think how did you get to here, without knowing that?

Most people aren't anti-power levelling, they are anti carrying people because they haven't taken the time to learn a little bit about the game.... The same as begging, spamming, etc

Clearly I'm very bias towards taking your time and learning the game.

Please feel free to correct me if I have got the wrong end of the stick about power levelling.

Yvonnel
05-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Trust me. Grind it out for each different class. My first was a mage, I didn't get a good feel for the class until around 45. My bird yeah I picked it up a little quicker ( had some awesome instruction -thanks Physio ). My bear is currently a lvl 20, and I am nowhere near the level of palyet on that class as the other two.

Take time, learn them all slowly and detailed. You will be happier in the end.

Sky../
05-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Agreed. Different classes play differently. Heck different builds within the same class plays differently.

Example (i love examples): i played my pally straight from 50-56. Then when i got there i decided to play my int mage to 56 (from 55). It took me a while before i could even play her effectively. I kept dyimg left and right, mainly because i was used to my pally's superior armor.

Trust me. Grind it out for each different class. My first was a mage, I didn't get a good feel for the class until around 45. My bird yeah I picked it up a little quicker ( had some awesome instruction -thanks Physio ). My bear is currently a lvl 20, and I am nowhere near the level of palyet on that class as the other two.

Take time, learn them all slowly and detailed. You will be happier in the end.

davidis57
05-21-2011, 06:27 PM
There are even lvl 30's and 40's running around that are simply lost on how to play. The running ahead not following the group aggro mobs on the group and themselves. Going afk, selling in game, leaving before lvl completed. Birds who don't root, bears who mess up mob formations, and mages who don't heal or revive. Learn the game correctly you be in demand.

Tacticus
05-21-2011, 06:44 PM
There has been and always will be those types of players who don't care about game mechanics, story line, or character specialty/role. I haven't played in 6 months, mainly because all of the level 5 toons that were in AO (glad to see that fix) looking to get boosted. My philosophy now? The faster the "turds" get to their desired level, the less likely I'll have to put up w them!