PDA

View Full Version : Blackstar melee weapons?

Silentarrow
05-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Blackstar is a futuristic game, so
What will tanks use? Swords or guns?

Kingofhurtz
05-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Looks like from previews that we'll be flying around in different space vehicles. Not sure about the differentiation between classes however.

ratava
05-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Blackstar is a futuristic game, so
What will tanks use? Swords or guns?

Tbh we do not know too much except there will be '000's of items eg & greater customizations of our characters than in PL. Re: weapons I think the tank will still use guns eg see B* Pictures thread by Noneo: Commando wields a v big heavy blaster, we know that much from lvl1. About close-combat not sure... Though the operative has twin lasers that might be usable as melée... Not sure.

Looks like from previews that we'll be flying around in different space vehicles. Not sure about the differentiation between classes however.

there is only a ground combat system (at release). The Spacetime Engine is capable of space combat and more but it's
not a part of the game at launch. PvP is intended to be in but it might have to be added later as expansion... Depends on dev schedule. :)

Silentarrow
05-21-2011, 06:43 PM
K thx

maddogcharlie
05-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Last I heard king, the vehicle aspect of B* will maybe follow, initial release will be ground based.

Others the option of 'rifle stock to face' would be a good option when out of ammo for melee :) the old video clip showed a kinda energy sword too but dont know whether thats planned. Would be nice to cauterize alien wounds and save getting nasty green slime on your shiny boots, offense intended Mr Scorn. There was also a hint of mystical powers for us too which will be interesting. Myself I will be happy with the olde board and nail for bug splattering.