PDA

View Full Version : Will this kill Pocket Legends?

Magepanda
05-21-2011, 06:17 PM
What will happen to pocket legends when this comes out?

maddogcharlie
05-21-2011, 06:30 PM
The STS team have a crew for both games, likely some players will switch, some will play both, some will get really confused and want plazma snowball launchers, some (me) will search the game tirelessly trying to find the B* equivalent of Ellie the scorceress ((we love you Ellie)) we are pretty sure STS will keep both going they each appeal to different audiences in mamy respects.

NeoQueen
05-21-2011, 06:32 PM
No. It's a good idea to search for something before posting. You'll see that there is a FAQ about Blackstar and also articles posted about it. It states that STS hired more people to work on PL and has a separate team for Blackstar.

PL will continue to grow because it is established, and Blackstar will grow because of PL.

Darkfader
05-22-2011, 12:58 PM
There been given me ability to play two games together. ;)

apocketlegend
05-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Wnaa STS mean??

Darkfader
05-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Wnaa STS mean??

SpaceTime Studios

apocketlegend
05-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Oh lol... Duh

Zbooo
05-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Like I said before, its going to come down to whoever like Si-Fi MMORPGs and Fantasy MMORPGs, I know myself I will be playing both.

Riccits
05-23-2011, 01:52 AM
probably in the first weeks of B*, PL wont play noone. then when level cap rises some will come back. then al will depend how B* will be

Gluttony
05-23-2011, 01:59 AM
I imagine it'll be a back and forth between the two games. From what I understand they're basically the same game with a different theme, so it'll come down to which you like more for a few. Some will like both, and others will decide which they have more time for. Blackstar will get an influx of people when it's new, but after people reach the cap, get the gear they want and farm for gems (or whatever currency the game uses) people will either flock back to PL, decide to stay in Blackstar or split their time between the two. I believe the release of the new game will not kill PL completely, but it will definitely take away from the sheer number of people playing PL at any one given time.

I also understand that there will be two different teams working on PL and Blackstar, so it's possible that the games may take a different direction after some time. However, anything that is done in one game that has success will probably be carted over to the other in a mater of time

Corpser
05-23-2011, 02:27 AM
guys he/she is asking if anyone will still play pl, I think at least. i for one will.

ratava
05-23-2011, 03:20 AM
What will happen to pocket legends when this comes out?

OP, not sure if you are new to the forums? You can check the existing threads before posting a new topic/question and you might answer your own question which has been asked already about x8-20... so you're not alone in asking this! ;) eg very useful if you have any more q's is Varking's thread Unofficial FAQ:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19023-Blackstar-FAQ-%28-What-we-know-as-we-find-out-%29

I imagine it'll be a back and forth between the two games. From what I understand they're basically the same game with a different theme, so it'll come down to which you like more for a few. Some will like both, and others will decide which they have more time for. Blackstar will get an influx of people when it's new, but after people reach the cap, get the gear they want and farm for gems (or whatever currency the game uses) people will either flock back to PL, decide to stay in Blackstar or split their time between the two. I believe the release of the new game will not kill PL completely, but it will definitely take away from the sheer number of people playing PL at any one given time.

I also understand that there will be two different teams working on PL and Blackstar, so it's possible that the games may take a different direction after some time. However, anything that is done in one game that has success will probably be carted over to the other in a mater of time

This is really interesting to read. More or less covers everything I agree. :)

2 teams are working on each game now so both will have high standards of support and continual development and new content and features we've come to expect from PL eg >200 updates (major) as well as patching on average x1.7/day. :cool:

As for players agree above: Some will like Sci-Fi more and others fantasy. Also I guess most players will play both. Level in early B* then play more of PL when the level cap rises in that gain and alternate.

In terms of the games they are both corpg's / dungeon crawler style actiony-combat - perfect for the mobile gaming imo. So similar however it will be very cool to see what is different in B* and how PL expands. Eg we know combat will have some additions I think to how we use skills eg guns may make a difference as to why. Also Story will be a major factor in B* and be right in designed that way from the very start. I think PvP system when available will be the area that is most improved too because it will have been designed right off the bat :D So this will be an area for pvp'ers to get excited about hopefully. Whereas PL has so much PvE content already that will be a strength for that game. Finally we do not know much about price except it will be the same system eg Free To Download with microtransactions but it might be a bit more than PL because it's a new release. Which is fair enough if that is the case given PL is free for the main spine.

Zeusofire
05-23-2011, 03:15 PM
From what I've seen most people will play both

Pokechmp
05-23-2011, 05:15 PM
I really dk. Think it won't tho. Pocket Legends is always growing. So let's say 500 people switch to blackstar. But probably 1000 people join PL. PL grew from like 800 people in 2010 to about 3000 people ONLINE AT A TIME.

Pokechmp
05-23-2011, 05:16 PM
From what I've seen most people will play both
Yes, this is also what I was thinking and probably doing.

OverkillED
06-06-2011, 02:31 AM
i love fantasy MMORPG's better than sci fi ones IMO. but i will probly play both

IStrobe
06-06-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm sure the ammount of people the play PL now with decrease a bunch when b* comes out but not completely I'm sure most people will be going back and forth between then two

queondaa
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
The STS team said they would integrate concepts from both games to be compatible with each other. So you could share platinum and things like that to encourage dual gaming between both blackstar and pocket legends.

ratava
06-06-2011, 03:01 PM
^Good reply above: eg

We have ramped up. We were 6 when we launched PL, we are 13 now, will be 18 in a couple of weeks, continuing to grow

We will always have people dedicated specifically to PL, and guilds are very close to the top of the list in the PL development queue.
(http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?18990-Will-the-launch-of-a-new-game-effect-pocket-legends-development&p=201147&viewfull=1#post201147)

OR MMO forum terms beaten to death: 5. Dying:

Just like every person is an amateur doctor at heart, every player is a well-intentioned if completely uninformed developer. We know all, we see with a clarity that is denied to lesser beings, and our forecasting abilities measure into decades. Ergo, we have the ability to tell instantly if a game is dying, which is something that happens more often than you'd think. Oh, the games we label as "dying" don't ever seem to, y'know, die, but it'll happen! One day! And on that day, we will be vindicated for predicting it and then drink the wine of the gods while our laughter booms across the planet.

In other news, we are all dying. Shhh. This is just between you and me.

wildrecon
06-06-2011, 04:41 PM
probably in the first weeks of B*, PL wont play noone. then when level cap rises some will come back. then al will depend how B* will be

Actually many players, believe it or not, doesn't even know what Star Legend is. They don't even know if STS is making a new game for that matter.

When I first heard about
Star legends, I asked people in the CS they ha no clue what I was saying.
I think pocket legends wouldn't be majorly if at all effected by SL

Register
06-06-2011, 05:15 PM
I will be playing both even if Star Legends isnt a good game. However, for those players who will play both like me has to try to keep PL alive. At launch i will be playing star legends a bit more but as it evolves i will be playing both. But there is a very small chance that i have a mental breakdown because of indecision and end up quitting on STS all together.....

noobmigo
06-06-2011, 05:48 PM
LOL, it's funny 'cos the question is "Will this kill PL?"
Section under says : never.