PDA

View Full Version : Paracelsus

Azrizal Rahimy
10-21-2015, 09:45 AM
Why Paracelsus it too hard??? Any tips how to fight him? Can we solo him?

How him will be if paracelsus a elite?? Wonder...

Titanium
10-21-2015, 09:48 AM
At some point last year ankhs were 300k.

Zaizor
10-21-2015, 09:51 AM
It's hard timing Paracelous because the spikes come out of nowhere with almost no warning, and sometimes, after the first set, it seems to glitch and a second set of spikes fly out instantly after the first set, killing everyone. Best thing to do, get a couple warriors and some high damage rogue/mage and grind it out with Horn of Renew and lots and lots of pots.

As a warrior I always lose it when Para does stun>hit>mob>spikes>2nd spikes constantly. It's totally not fair because you just stand there spamming pots like a madman just to die anyway. But that's how STS makes their money. Para is like a carnival game, you can win, but they'll always have the odds in their favor because they create numerous unfair advantages.

Solo'ing Para would easily be a week's worth of time.

Kakashis
10-21-2015, 10:12 AM
I can solo para on all my alts, but man do I cringe when I have to fight him. Blue spikes kill me even with Arcane ring, Planar pendent, with nekros shield on. It's op as heck! Only thing that can survive is nekros shield on my 9 tank toon. Everything else is GG

mesalin
10-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Agreed this blue spikes are OP. You have only 1-2 sec to move from it but if you get lag then you're die. Try be more fast. Sometimes just run from spikes and don't use any skills. Attack if spikes gone. Maybe it will help you :) good luck

<Forgiveness>

Fyrce
10-21-2015, 02:29 PM
There're glitches but the spikes are about 90% predictable. The more deaths, the more unpredictable they seem to be, so don't die :p Actually I'm not sure about this, since it could also be lag.

If you are moving while the spikes are coming, that seems to keep the spikes from killing you most of the time. Moving includes when Para throws you around. Obviously, it's better if you can avoid the spikes entirely, but often that's not possible. If you're gonna be in the middle of spikes, try to be moving.

Try to not move to one of your teammates. It's easiest if you each spread to the two sides and/or back near the poison pools when spikes are expected. If a warrior can survive him, then taunt near the dragon, which keeps the spikes near him, thereby leaving everyone else safe.

My usual movement, as a ranged player, is move in, do skills, move out, wait for 1st round of spikes. Let him pull me in, do more skills, move out and keep moving till spikes. Repeat. Usually this works, though I also think Para lags more than other bosses because sometimes my timing is off no matter what it looks like to me.

Have a few ankhs of course just in case because you definitely do not want to be walking back while the rest of your team might be killed off.

I do think solo, he takes way too much time and is generally not worth it except as a challenge.

Oh yeah, I actually think when someone is waiting WAY back, like outside the poison pools, that's when the spikes can really be spread out. I've noticed it when I'm the only one fighting and everyone else is waiting outside. The spikes seem much less predictable in placement more often.

Oh yeah 2: I used to think I could shield against the spikes but now, I'm like forget that. I shield against his arm swipe and breath instead. Keep moving, especially when spikes are expected. Don't wait for the blue circles. Right after he pulls you in, do your skills and get moving!

Zaizor
10-21-2015, 05:29 PM
Lag + spikes makes Paracelous invincible. I pissed away time, pots, and anhks just to have my group quit because it's so craptacular. Thanks sts....

Ebezaanec
10-21-2015, 05:41 PM
Just keep moving. If you stand still for too long, you'll probably get impaled.

My strategy (as a mage) is stick far from him on the left pool. I blast him with my skills until he pulls me in. As soon as he pulls me, I run back to where I was as fast as possible, because the spikes usually appear right after that attack (at least for me). It's just rinse and repeat after that.

robetbee
10-21-2015, 07:14 PM
I dont move when spikes come out. [emoji14]

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk

vawaid
10-21-2015, 08:27 PM
welcome to elite difficulty. No, elite is harder.

"Quote to reply, I use tapasucks."

drawfflerz
10-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Glad i killed para for 2 times only. :p

Diggdugg
10-21-2015, 09:01 PM
Kelvin.. Kelvin will stun para boss. Get a group of Kelvin you'll kill him easy (as long as you don't get killed by spikes)

nelson131
10-21-2015, 09:27 PM
I just keep using tap aim nox pierce combo. As pierce sometimes saves my life, and i keep moving.

ilhanna
10-21-2015, 10:46 PM
There're glitches but the spikes are about 90% predictable. The more deaths, the more unpredictable they seem to be, so don't die :p Actually I'm not sure about this, since it could also be lag.

If you are moving while the spikes are coming, that seems to keep the spikes from killing you most of the time. Moving includes when Para throws you around. Obviously, it's better if you can avoid the spikes entirely, but often that's not possible. If you're gonna be in the middle of spikes, try to be moving.

Try to not move to one of your teammates. It's easiest if you each spread to the two sides and/or back near the poison pools when spikes are expected. If a warrior can survive him, then taunt near the dragon, which keeps the spikes near him, thereby leaving everyone else safe.

My usual movement, as a ranged player, is move in, do skills, move out, wait for 1st round of spikes. Let him pull me in, do more skills, move out and keep moving till spikes. Repeat. Usually this works, though I also think Para lags more than other bosses because sometimes my timing is off no matter what it looks like to me.

Have a few ankhs of course just in case because you definitely do not want to be walking back while the rest of your team might be killed off.

I do think solo, he takes way too much time and is generally not worth it except as a challenge.

Oh yeah, I actually think when someone is waiting WAY back, like outside the poison pools, that's when the spikes can really be spread out. I've noticed it when I'm the only one fighting and everyone else is waiting outside. The spikes seem much less predictable in placement more often.

Oh yeah 2: I used to think I could shield against the spikes but now, I'm like forget that. I shield against his arm swipe and breath instead. Keep moving, especially when spikes are expected. Don't wait for the blue circles. Right after he pulls you in, do your skills and get moving!

I do notice that the more times you and your party die, the laggier Para fight gets. So +1 to not dying.

I advise my guildmates to save everything, Blinky's or Little Bear's or Kelvin's or Nekro's AA for when you get pulled. The same with warrior HoR and Rally Cry if you use it, rogue's Razor Shield and mage Arcane Shield. Keep all those ready for when you get pulled so you can get away and dodge the stun/spike/swipe/breath. Warrior just hit and run, keep horn ready, don't tank with rings around boss. Mage should keep clock ready to mass root the skeletons.

And don't do the guarding strat just to save ankhs. It makes the fight take much much longer and you'll only die more, frustrating everyone. And there is no guarantee boss won't reset. Everyone deals as much dmg as they can, survive and help the others survive.

Newcomx
10-21-2015, 11:33 PM
Just keep moving. If you stand still for too long, you'll probably get impaled.

My strategy (as a mage) is stick far from him on the left pool. I blast him with my skills until he pulls me in. As soon as he pulls me, I run back to where I was as fast as possible, because the spikes usually appear right after that attack (at least for me). It's just rinse and repeat after that.

My strategy also keep moving from side to side.

Vvildfire
10-22-2015, 12:24 AM
I do notice that the more times you and your party die, the laggier Para fight gets. So +1 to not dying.

I advise my guildmates to save everything, Blinky's or Little Bear's or Kelvin's or Nekro's AA for when you get pulled. The same with warrior HoR and Rally Cry if you use it, rogue's Razor Shield and mage Arcane Shield. Keep all those ready for when you get pulled so you can get away and dodge the stun/spike/swipe/breath. Warrior just hit and run, keep horn ready, don't tank with rings around boss. Mage should keep clock ready to mass root the skeletons.

And don't do the guarding strat just to save ankhs. It makes the fight take much much longer and you'll only die more, frustrating everyone. And there is no guarantee boss won't reset. Everyone deals as much dmg as they can, survive and help the others survive.

I recently got into a pug where two -two!- people were "guarding", and they couldn't even stay alive lol!
A guildie of mine and myself had to fight him pretty much alone, using ankhs, for those two "guards" too. Imo just a way to give an excuse to leeching.

Zaizor
10-22-2015, 03:55 PM
I recently got into a pug where two -two!- people were "guarding", and they couldn't even stay alive lol!
A guildie of mine and myself had to fight him pretty much alone, using ankhs, for those two "guards" too. Imo just a way to give an excuse to leeching.

Anyone eager to guard is a leech suspect. I would never want to guard. Too much pressure to stay alive...

I found running my warrior in a circle or figure eight pattern helps with the random spikes, double spikes, but even then, since they're so glitchy, they catch me once in a while...

It's to the point where friends PM me as soon as I get online saying "Para! We need you! PPL have quit!" So I must be doing something right...

DarrenPR
10-22-2015, 04:14 PM
I'm aware it's a cheap tactic, but considering the unpredictable nature of the ankh sink Insta kill spikes, you could try scaling the boss to 1x health and THEN invite 3 friends to fight. With 4 people killing the boss with 1x multiplier health, the fight shouldn't take more than 30 seconds, which helps you avoid many deaths from out of the blue Insta death spikes from prolonged boss battles.

Eldorado
10-23-2015, 12:03 AM
Another plat sink tactic of sts. It's why warriors are not needed in a run because of this 1 hit killing.

bonjovi3223
10-23-2015, 11:03 AM
The more loopholes you guys discuss here, the quicker the boss gets fixed.
Guarding dosen't seem to work anymore.
I have done it before but it failed today.

Vvildfire
10-23-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm aware it's a cheap tactic, but considering the unpredictable nature of the ankh sink Insta kill spikes, you could try scaling the boss to 1x health and THEN invite 3 friends to fight. With 4 people killing the boss with 1x multiplier health, the fight shouldn't take more than 30 seconds, which helps you avoid many deaths from out of the blue Insta death spikes from prolonged boss battles.

I just tried that today. I was absolutely speechless when I saw it happen, it was... He died and I didn't even notice at first. Wonder why nobody who's invited me to Para had done it before.

Victimzz
10-24-2015, 01:21 AM
Spikes made it harder wkwkwk