noobmigo
05-21-2011, 09:21 PM
TABLE OF CONTENTS
I. Gear
II. Quests
III. Gold
IV. Consignment Shoppe

I. Gear
I really think the devs should add a couple more types of gear. The main ones being Footwear, Pants, and Gloves. Us bears, elves and birds are really hurting from our protective red leggings when we wear Sand Caves armor, and those other colored in pants that have no added benefits. We also hurt from having no Archery Gloves, or Gauntlet Gloves. My bear has about 500 blisters just from swinging his sword too much, and I die ALOT from it. And my archer, his aim is really off from the string of his bow twanging off his hand all the time. PLUS, we have NO shoes. I mean seriously, we are animals, but our feet REALLY hurt!

OK, but that's besides the point. I'm here to give you some ideas.
I really think we should get some more gear because it would:

Let us have different item builds! There would be no longer the days off full SK sets for all archers! We will have full SK with a different variety of SHOES, GLOVES, and PANTS, not in sets! Of course, there is always a chance that someone will give away their item build :confused:, but anyway, gives more flavor to the game.

It would also add more varieties of benefits! For example, let's use shoes.
I have three sample shoes:
The Running Shoes of Excitability! Added walking speed, less armor.
Heavy Studded Boots of Sturdiness Decreased walking speed, more armor.
Enchanted Slippers of Comfort Added H/S or M/S, less armor.

That's all I have for GEAR..so far.

II. QUESTS!
Right now, quests are really boring, monotonous, and they all seem like the same thing! It's always kill a boss, get 5 sticks, etc. The devs already made a big stride in offering experience for quests, but the quests all seem boring, and don't really affect your gameplay. I say quests should affect your gameplay like this:

It would affect our stats OK, maybe this might be a no to some players, but quests could affect your stats. Say, maybe, =MysteriousNPC= offers you some candy. If you click *Accept* your total health would go down or up by 10...PERMANENTLY! Maybe, you could help =CryingWifeNPC= by finding her husband. Maybe, she turns out to be an herbalist. She offers you a herb after you save her hubby. Congrats! +10 Health! Of course, if you didn't like your stats, you could just press *reset quests* and all the bad effects of the quests you did would go away, and so would your positives.

It affects your storyline! Well, in a way. The story line would be the same, it would just be a different road you took to get to the end. Say, =YanisNPC= offers you a pink. Do you take it? Say, you pressed *Yes*. It would turn out to be a witch's staff that Yanis found while he was out collecting, and now she's back to get it. You are transported to a map, where the witch fights you, and after you defeat her, you get to keep the pink. But say, you press *no*. You wouldn't get the pink, but still, maybe you want an easy road.

How this would work would be like this.
=RandomXNPC= asks you to do something.
*Yes*- This would mean that you could have a chance of benefit or something bad happening.
*No* - This would mean that you are not taking the risk, but could possibly be missing out on a stat increase.

III. Gold
The Gold System is really working for PL so far. I just want added benefits for gold. No, NOT Gold for Plat, just in-game benefits to make your gameplay better...or WORSE. Here is an example:

Chumtestbear is walking along a FH road. *Shazamm* =RandomNPC= appears! He offers Chumtestbear a pill for gold!. "Hey man, since you are a testbear, here are some gummy bears. They REALLY work! Only 10k! Maybe, you say yes. *Shazamm* =RandomNPC= disappears. You eat the gummy finding out that.....the gummy bear gives you a permanent +5 DEX BONUS! It's sort of like the quest system above, but it just offers you more choices, and furthers the variety of the game.

That's it for GOLD..so far.

IV. The Consignment Shoppe!
Hello, bargain hunters! Good day to talk about the Shoppe, huh? Anyway, I've suggested this before, and I will continue to, until it is Yes or No'ed by a Developer.

The EBAY System! *Dramatic Gasps and Clapping* The eBay system should be implemented! Like, you can bid on items, instead of insta-buy! It needs NO explaining, 'cos everyone knows what eBay is.

Charts Perhaps, the devs could make a chart in the CS to show how well the item you are trying to sell has sold the past two weeks. For Example, let's say the Sniper Auto Crossbow. The data could be listed like this:

Sniper Auto Crossbow
500 sold in past two weeks.
Average price: 200k
High price: 650k
Low price: 50k

Great, no?

CS Inbox Just a little inbox to say "Thanks" to the person you sold or bought to. Or, the devs could just implement one big Inbox for every account, not just for CS, and you could do something like that.

That's it for CS..so far.

Time to scram again, be back to update later!

Roasty
05-21-2011, 09:52 PM
I actually think this is a great idea :)

noobmigo
05-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Updated again.
This has been the biggest thread I've made in my life. And I'm still not done. :o

thugimmortal
05-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Nice ideas but id take the drug dealing npc and the pills references away lol there are kids here and we dont want to set the wrong example.
apart from that its ok

Raazesk
05-22-2011, 08:59 AM
I really like all of these ideas. Especially the chart for the CS.

Swimmingstar
05-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Nice ideas but id take the drug dealing npc and the pills references away lol there are kids here and we dont want to set the wrong example.
apart from that its ok

lol agreed plus I am a kid

romgar1
05-22-2011, 09:41 AM
I really do like the cs ideas. Thanks for your time you put in this.

kjzhu9
05-22-2011, 09:47 AM
I really like the idea of having these "random occurrences" of like you randomly have an NPC come up to u and make u solve a puzzle or something then u get 10k or a bunch of potions, elixirs, skill points, ect. ect. ect.... other random occurrences can be like suddenly a boss comes up to u and u have to kill it solo and stuff like that... the game could be less monotonous, boring, and essentially "predictable" if this is implemented... people will have something to wish and look out for

ZHEOTARE
05-22-2011, 10:21 AM
apart from that its ok
Yeah, gotta agree with this.

Although I would like to see a way to add variety to the game, I wonder how hard it would be for the devs to implement all the changes.

I think quest affecting the storyline, or giving added bonus to stats is a great idea. Not for all quest, but make some new, bigger quest. Maybe have some quest that has you going from area to area. The reward could be a rare pink, stat bonus, xp, or a lot of gold. You'd have to decide.

I do like the ebay system. Afterall, we do buy AUCTION slots. Again, would this be hard to implement??

And the charts are a great idea!! I've gone to list things before, and not see any listed. IDK what my starting price should be at that point. So, I have to hold onto till I get some idea of its worth.

noobmigo
05-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Yeah, gotta agree with this.

Although I would like to see a way to add variety to the game, I wonder how hard it would be for the devs to implement all the changes.

I think quest affecting the storyline, or giving added bonus to stats is a great idea. Not for all quest, but make some new, bigger quest. Maybe have some quest that has you going from area to area. The reward could be a rare pink, stat bonus, xp, or a lot of gold. You'd have to decide.

I do like the ebay system. Afterall, we do buy AUCTION slots. Again, would this be hard to implement??

And the charts are a great idea!! I've gone to list things before, and not see any listed. IDK what my starting price should be at that point. So, I have to hold onto till I get some idea of its worth.

Yeah, I'll remove the drug references.
I really don't think this would be too hard to implement.
Like I said, little details. If they can make a constant spawn NPC, they can ofc, make a random spawn NPC.

Gluttony
05-22-2011, 11:05 AM
I. More gear would be nice. I can see the shoes and gloves being an easy fit for the chars, but I cannot picture the animals in pants (I don't know why a 2 legged walking bear is ok and once you add pants I question my sanity, but whatever).

II. The new quests idea seems ok as I would love a variety of quests. I just don't understand the random occurrences for stats. I mean would it all be random, some increases and some decreases based on pure randomness or what? Also, you mention rejecting the quest after you have found out your reward is a stat decrease and that's just odd to me. Finally, people wouldn't accept this based on the fact that PvP players want the playing field to be balanced (I've seen tournaments that don't allow founders' helm because "it's not fair") and this would make it so some have an opportunity to gain more stats than others.

III. From what I understood, you just want NPCs to offer items that may give a perm stat increase for gold at random. See response II.

IV. An eBay shop would be ok, I'm not a huge fan of the idea but wouldn't shun it either. The only reason I like this idea is because I'm getting tired of under cutters. I mean I know you want to sell your item, but do you really have to offer it for 1g less than the other guy? It's just plain rude! Go 1k lower or 10k not just 1g. Now the idea of being able to track items that are sold in the past would be an awesome feature (I've seen it suggested plenty of times). I see items all the time (I saw a custom recurve for 2M in cs) and wonder when they are finally gone if they sold or just expired. There is no real way to know so the next person puts theirs on there for 2M thinking that they'll get what the other person got. It would help stabilize the market and allow people to make informed decisions about the items they're trading for and purchasing. I think I would like to have one or the other with these ideas, though the two can work together I just think that it's not necessary to have both.

noobmigo
05-22-2011, 11:11 AM
I. More gear would be nice. I can see the shoes and gloves being an easy fit for the chars, but I cannot picture the animals in pants (I don't know why a 2 legged walking bear is ok and once you add pants I question my sanity, but whatever).

II. The new quests idea seems ok as I would love a variety of quests. I just don't understand the random occurrences for stats. I mean would it all be random, some increases and some decreases based on pure randomness or what? Also, you mention rejecting the quest after you have found out your reward is a stat decrease and that's just odd to me. Finally, people wouldn't accept this based on the fact that PvP players want the playing field to be balanced (I've seen tournaments that don't allow founders' helm because "it's not fair") and this would make it so some have an opportunity to gain more stats than others.

III. From what I understood, you just want NPCs to offer items that may give a perm stat increase for gold at random. See response II.

IV. An eBay shop would be ok, I'm not a huge fan of the idea but wouldn't shun it either. The only reason I like this idea is because I'm getting tired of under cutters. I mean I know you want to sell your item, but do you really have to offer it for 1g less than the other guy? It's just plain rude! Go 1k lower or 10k not just 1g. Now the idea of being able to track items that are sold in the past would be an awesome feature (I've seen it suggested plenty of times). I see items all the time (I saw a custom recurve for 2M in cs) and wonder when they are finally gone if they sold or just expired. There is no real way to know so the next person puts theirs on there for 2M thinking that they'll get what the other person got. It would help stabilize the market and allow people to make informed decisions about the items they're trading for and purchasing. I think I would like to have one or the other with these ideas, though the two can work together I just think that it's not necessary to have both.

II. Actually, you accept or reject the offer, then you find out what the benefits/decreases are.

Gluttony
05-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Maybe, you could help =CryingWifeNPC= by finding her husband. Maybe, she turns out to be an herbalist. She offers you a herb after you save her hubby. Congrats! +10 Health! Of course, if you didn't like your stats, you could just press *reset quests* and all the bad effects of the quests you did would go away, and so would your positives.

This is the part I didn't understand then. I could just press "reset quests" and that would reset every one of these new random encounter quests that you're talking about? So if my first random encounter quests is a stat decrease I can reset it, but once I get a few positives and a negative I have to reset them all. An all or nothing type system is what you're talking about?

Also, would the gold purchases from random NPCs also roll into these (they're not technically quests)?

noobmigo
05-22-2011, 11:29 AM
This is the part I didn't understand then. I could just press "reset quests" and that would reset every one of these new random encounter quests that you're talking about? So if my first random encounter quests is a stat decrease I can reset it, but once I get a few positives and a negative I have to reset them all. An all or nothing type system is what you're talking about?

Also, would the gold purchases from random NPCs also roll into these (they're not technically quests)?

Nah, what I mean is that, say, you do 100 quests, 50 of them negative, 49 positive. You would be at -10.
Say, you don't like that number. You could reset your quests, but you would NEVER be able to do those random quests again.
But for the storyline random quests that don't do anything but affect your path to the endgame, it'd be like the same system in place right now.

noobmigo
05-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Ok, I will revamp this for clarity.
I hope this works.

Gluttony
05-22-2011, 11:43 AM
Nah, what I mean is that, say, you do 100 quests, 50 of them negative, 49 positive. You would be at -10.
Say, you don't like that number. You could reset your quests, but you would NEVER be able to do those random quests again.
But for the storyline random quests that don't do anything but affect your path to the endgame, it'd be like the same system in place right now.

Lol, that's only 99 quests and they're so close. What if it's more like 80 positive and 20 negative (it's random after all). Is your plan just to have the hit points modified (I assume that's what you meant by -10). I mean if I got lucky and just did 10 and they were all positve it would be +100 hp.

Edit: Anyway, now that I have some clarification this suggestion seems like so many that I have already read about random items appearing, or random drops for perm stat increases. The only real difference is that you're trying to add it to the current quest system, and you're adding perm stat decreases almost as a balancing system.

superglut2
05-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Agree on all points.