PDA

View Full Version : XP runs with persistent elixirs

AnotherAzi
05-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Has anyone thought about the most efficient way to do Hideout xp runs now that elixirs are persistent? It seems going to the Blanky room, then the criminal's chest area, then Catspaw, then back out to the hallway is wasting a lot of time running but not killing.

I was thinking that running straight thru to Catspaw and then remaking would likely maximize the xp you get with the elixir active (even 5 min gold elixirs) and still give a shot at a recipe/other drop from Cat.

Any thoughts on this? Haven't counted the mobs or timed a run just yet . . .

Wicked Caccavari
05-21-2011, 09:46 PM
I guess it depends on if you have a set party or not.

LordEspe
05-21-2011, 09:58 PM
IMO the best way would require two tanks (bear,bird,Mage doesn't matter), two good healers and Good bird! Do what u said and go straight to catspaw! If done quickly, one tank gathers the main group from chest cove, and the second runs to the end of the hallway, stopping at the fire grate! Both tanks pull mobs and all five meet in the hallway leading to Catspaw! Destroy, move to catspaw and remake!!

Ayrilana
05-21-2011, 10:49 PM
I'll also add that the more remakes you do, the more time is wasted waiting for people to join and get going.

LordEspe
05-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Very true! The only way this would work is it's a locked game of all friends! I would say the host being one of the tanks so they can began immediately and pray the other members of the group are footsteps behind!!

I think for remakes and farming quick kills, stronghold is better! No chance for that pink drop tho! But half the map is in the first wo sections! Two tanks on both sides of the grates! The tank on the left side pulls the group just outside mini boss! All meet on the top rightside of the grates! Then do as normal, In most cases, tanks split and parties just pay bridge! Bam! Half the map gone! About 50 mobs!

This is all obviously with well geared group that KNOWS THEIRS ROLES! Lol

Fatpigwarrior
05-21-2011, 11:33 PM
I completed hideout ( beside boss) with some friends that are 3bird 1 bear 1 enchantress

ZHEOTARE
05-22-2011, 01:16 AM
I have to disagree with the set up. The fastest killing groups, IMO, are 4 birds, 1 mage, or 3 birds, and 2 mages.

Waiting on the tanks to pull in Catacombs, slows you down.

SN - Does Catspaw drop recipes?? I thought only the main bosses did now...

Subscriber
05-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Add me Subscribers.
I do some nasty Bandit Boy Hideout runs in about 3:10. I use the 30minute elixird so be ready. :D