PDA

View Full Version : Rogue's glintstone set......

Avaree
10-23-2015, 10:42 AM
I was aware there would be a decrease in some stats with this set, but this is extremely discouraging for anyone still grinding to achieve the set.

The first photo is just the myth set equipped with various finess jewels.

The second photo is glintstone set plus equipping a 3 para bonecrusher's belt of reson, 1 para 2 excellent finesse glintstone longbow of fervor, pet is nekro

Below are photos that show what i am currently using for jewels

I purpose at least +600/700 in mana and +400/500 in health. Using legendary crate gear, arcane ring and planar pendant, i can achieve more hp & mana than what this myth set offers. The traps & stun do not make up for the loss in mana & hp. Dev, please look at these stats, and improve them, as it is now, many players see my stats, and are discouraged....We can't even attempt to pvp with what this set offers.....In pve, the mana pots we consumed prior to this set was horrible, if i continue to use this set, it will break my bank in a few weeks..

(I have my vanity, forbearer's guidance equipped..)

dbl
10-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Woop woop loving the looks but the stats are Ehh for us..

DarrenPR
10-23-2015, 11:14 AM
I definitely agree that the 46 mythics need to have the stats looked at. I've said this since the stats were announced prior to release. I know STS is trying to give us a choice in gear... To lose a bit of stats for a neat-o proc from set bonus, but for many players (myself included) the choice is clear: don't waste the time and energy to craft this set. With the ever exponentially increasing difficulty of elite mobs, survivability is key, and at a loss of over 1,000 health and 100 dmg for rogue swapping out arcane ring and planar pendant (both level 41 gear, mind you), it just doesn't seem practical to use this set. If you want us players to be happy, SpaceTime, we want gear we can actually use, not some stuff that takes 3 months to craft and is on par with mythics from 2 seasons ago.

extrapayah
10-23-2015, 11:16 AM
well, it actually give a lot of better stats than a set of gear consisting:

1. l46 wicked dead cap of brutality
2. l46 wicked dead tunic of potency
3. l46 wicked dead ring of potency
4. l46 wicked dead amulet of brutality

if sts buff the sets to be better than a set which have arcane ring and planar pendant, probably dps class which can survive without tank in the hardest map will be reborn again, and we can say goodbye to damage absorber class for another season

probably sts wants to design a triangular relation with rogue needing a tank to tank, and mage to support with both crowd control and mana, hahaha (mage also need tank to hold aggro while supporting rogue and do crowd control, and need rogues as primary damage dealers)

anyway, not only rogue's set has this underwhelming stats, all class including warrior also has this similar distribution... so if in the future they buff rogue's set, please don't forget mage's and warrior's too :D

Xorrior
10-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Those are terrible stats and from what I'm hearing the set bonus isn't all that either! Not only is this myth set breaking my bank, it's breaking my heart. I just dunno *shrugs shoulders* I think I'll spend money on the myth bow, sounds a better alternative.

#thisisnotmythicgear

Eldorado
10-23-2015, 11:31 AM
Time to use my mage now. 1291 mana for full gear? When the level is rising so as the mana usage and with that amount it is not worth to use rogue anymore since the cost of damage is too much already at full level and the mana pots recovery also scales depending on max mana pool. the more mana you have the more it will heal. So how many pots do rogue needs to maintain the damage now? My twink rogue almost have that mana and uses a hell lot lesser mana than L46 rogue LOL. Mage will be a good bet for now. 2nd best damage without depriving of energy, AOE, shield and with big mana and recovery skill, they are like walking energy tank. Thanks for the info. It will save me a lots of gold. :)

Jexetta
10-23-2015, 11:49 AM
I stated this weeks ago that a new full set has so little intelligence that one rogue combo would cost 30% of total mana. It's simply ridiculous.

When people initially complained and developers responded the statement was something like :

"We believe the set bonus is worth the tradeoff"

You farm and quest for 5-6 months for this set and it has worse stats than the previous mythic set which could be completed in 1/2 a day breaking stupid barrels.

It makes no sense. And while it gives you something to do the end product is disheartening for the effort put in.

Sad really.

Jexetta
10-23-2015, 11:58 AM
Look at the effort required to make the slain king weapons or the effort to acquire the dragonbone weapons last season.

Do we see a trend here?

Avaree
10-23-2015, 12:23 PM
The stun is inconsitent its isn't a 4 sec stun like stated in the below link.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?258187-Teaser-Friday-Mythic-Gear-Stats

Jazzi
10-23-2015, 12:24 PM
While the damage loss might be considered a trade-off for the amazing, yet bugged skill perk (stun duration seems to vary and is not 4 seconds most of the time), the health and especially mana losses are huge. I had a lot more mana and about the same pet last season with lvl 36 myth set, elon bow, blood ruby (it is a lvl 31 ring), eerie pot pendant and blinky as main pet. Now one level cap later, with mobs hitting harder, especially in elite rengol and planar tombs we get the same health and even less mana?!? Heck even skill mana cost has increased. This amount of mana is enough for exactly 3 combos. Rogue mana consumption was huge before that. Now a player has to practically farm 50% of the time for pots only. Let alone the great increase in one-hits due to the reduced health.

Pls sts do take a look at this and try to adjust the stats a bit. It is really not great atm. Tyvm in advance!

Ascents
10-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Atleast they look cool haha.

extrapayah
10-24-2015, 12:17 AM
anyway, stuns from fireball and gale is also inconsistent, at first i thought it was a bug, but after reading breeze detailed description (having enemies have a chance of getting up at every 0.5s), i ended up taking it as it is,

you will notice it clearly if you upgrade stun duration on your gale, when you stun some enemies, soon after, you'll sometime see some enemies start moving while the others haven't

so if devs planning to make it to a fixed 4s, please also consider making fireball, and gale's stun to its respective value

Ophelia
10-24-2015, 06:04 AM
Lawl, 4.1k hp...

My rog at lvl 44 using lvl 36 mythic set and blood ruby
Has higher health XD

Eldorado
10-24-2015, 06:35 AM
The major issue there is mana. It's like 1 combo = mana pots and in PvP just 3 combo's and you are out of juice already.

Jazzi
10-24-2015, 08:24 AM
The major issue there is mana. It's like 1 combo = mana pots and in PvP just 3 combo's and you are out of juice already.

The set is not viable for PvP at its current state as the skill perk has no use and the health and especially mana are very low. The mana in particular makes it practically impossible to compete in PvP if the other team has a tank, let alone 2 tanks.

Iisolah
10-24-2015, 08:36 AM
Oh lol, Thank you for this info.. now I'm gonna sell all ingredients I've collected since the beginnng. This is clearly NOT worth it. And maby i finally can make some profit and acctually have gold enough for pots and feeding pets. Wohoo :/

Xxdisarrayxx
10-24-2015, 11:04 AM
Wow the strength is 80!!!?? That's ridiculous. The health and the mana ..ugh seriously!!?? What a joke. I'm not crafting that bs lol. The traps alone isn't going to keep me alive, not to mention the pots I'll be spending. And extra pots for low health. For what it costs to craft that set, I can get some pretty awesome gem/jewels and make the already better Legendaries better. Lmao.

Thank, but I'll pass on the mythics. Give me Legendaries!!

mesalin
10-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Thanks for posting! Now i just see that even with bonus complete set just not worth. Planar pend + arcane ring. Welcome back:)
I just sad of ppl who crafted it:/ waste of money.

<Forgiveness>

Eldorado
10-24-2015, 11:53 AM
Funny how sts designed the game. The mana usage scales up eventhough the health and mana do not increase by level. Plus the mana pot heals a percentage of mana instead of an absolute value, a total disadvantage to those class with lesser mana pool.

Avaree
10-24-2015, 02:42 PM
Out of thanks, thanks to all who voiced their opinions :)

Eneysiel
10-24-2015, 05:48 PM
"We believe the set bonus is worth the tradeoff"

I'd really like to hear an explanation from the devs how sacrificing ~1k hp, ~800 mana and ~100 dmg is worth trading to this unreliable skill perk that does not stun consistently as intended and does not even apply to ALL those caught in the trap. Yes, just a few if not only 1 is stunned for a mere second.

Iisolah
10-24-2015, 07:01 PM
I'd really like to know how this can be "worth the tradeoff"..?

Jazzi
10-24-2015, 07:18 PM
I'd really like to know how this can be "worth the tradeoff"..?

If, if you pop 10000+ massive Ren'gol locked and get the elusive SnS egg, open it, play on pc and use a script to stack pools the trade off is totally worth it. Otherwise the skill perk is fun for sure, but that is it :)

Iisolah
10-25-2015, 06:18 AM
If, if you pop 10000+ massive Ren'gol locked and get the elusive SnS egg, open it, play on pc and use a script to stack pools the trade off is totally worth it. Otherwise the skill perk is fun for sure, but that is it :)

Lol, great tip! :) I'm not a plat user though. :/

Zeus
10-26-2015, 09:34 PM
As an owner of the new mythic set, I have to agree with Avaree.

Sorry, but the new mythic set is just NOT worth the cost or effort of obtaining it. I would rather use the new helm and new armor coupled with arcane ring and planar pendant. In order for the set to be worth it, the ring and amulet need a serious boost in stats.

Also, developers are forgetting not only are we sacrificing the raw stats for this skill perk, but we are also sacrificing the OP planar pendant proc (which IMO, is much better than the skill perk of this new set).

Please, it is in developers best interest to make this set worth people's while. Not only will it help boost the jewel system, but it will also encourage farming, reduce scamming, and encourage balanced parties in PvE/PvP!

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention:

4 rogues = 80% chance for one of the traps to pull & they get many procs from their planar pendant (which stuns far better than the new skill perk of traps, not to mention increases damage /crit).

Of course, the same goes for both the warrior and sorcerer mythic set.

Dimitrian
10-26-2015, 11:49 PM
They will buff the Glintstone set when they will buff the warriors.

(never)

extrapayah
10-27-2015, 01:13 AM
yeah new myth set deserve a slight buff, at least comparable to legendaries in raw attributes, because attributes (str/dex/int) are gained mostly through level up, 6 points are freely allocated, not automatically 3 points to dex, 2 to str and 1 to int, anyway i despise the way you give different ratio for non primary attribute in gears for each class

and the lack of health and mana is saddening... even though we say that it is rogue and mage player fault to spec a full damage build, but the fact is non full dex rogue and non full int mage can't deal better damage than a full str warrior while full str warrior will always have better survivability

anyway, zeus, cute statement over there, but the chance of having any one of the four traps to pull enemies is actually around 39.84%, else five rogues will always pull enemies ;)

Jazzi
10-27-2015, 02:59 AM
yeah new myth set deserve a slight buff, at least comparable to legendaries in raw attributes, because attributes (str/dex/int) are gained mostly through level up, 6 points are freely allocated, not automatically 3 points to dex, 2 to str and 1 to int, anyway i despise the way you give different ratio for non primary attribute in gears for each class

and the lack of health and mana is saddening... even though we say that it is rogue and mage player fault to spec a full damage build, but the fact is non full dex rogue and non full int mage can't deal better damage than a full str warrior while full str warrior will always have better survivability

anyway, zeus, cute statement over there, but the chance of having any one of the four traps to pull enemies is actually around 39.84%, else five rogues will always pull enemies ;)

What is even cuter is Zeus' comment about the planar pendant proc. Something that is super rare even when I solo maps like t2 (once or twice per run in solo) and not really that useful if u have a mage or warrior in the party, as it spreads the mobs.The crystals are great though. I am guessing it is from a purely PvP perspective.
The only really good thing is that the pendant proc triggers certain glitches, which have been reported and not being fixed, so now u might consider it a feature ;)
All this doesn't change the fact that the stats of the set are very low.

Could please a warrior and a mage post similar comparisons here?

The only mage I have seen with the set is dbspell and if I am not mistaken he has 5k health with 12 eyes in set, which seems really low considering that my alt mage has 5600 with my rogue's belt, arcane ring and planar pendant (only 1 eye in those 3) and lvl 46 legendary brutality gear without a singal gem/jewel

Zeus
10-27-2015, 05:10 PM
What is even cuter is Zeus' comment about the planar pendant proc. Something that is super rare even when I solo maps like t2 (once or twice per run in solo) and not really that useful if u have a mage or warrior in the party, as it spreads the mobs.The crystals are great though. I am guessing it is from a purely PvP perspective.
The only really good thing is that the pendant proc triggers certain glitches, which have been reported and not being fixed, so now u might consider it a feature ;)
All this doesn't change the fact that the stats of the set are very low.

Could please a warrior and a mage post similar comparisons here?

The only mage I have seen with the set is dbspell and if I am not mistaken he has 5k health with 12 eyes in set, which seems really low considering that my alt mage has 5600 with my rogue's belt, arcane ring and planar pendant (only 1 eye in those 3) and lvl 46 legendary brutality gear without a singal gem/jewel

In a timed run, those crystals proc a lot. Additionally, if you are skilled enough, there are ways to further the chance to proc. It's actually a practice. :p

Ardbeg
10-27-2015, 05:17 PM
all sets need some stat boost. i love the axe throw and honestly warriors got the best out of all classes here, but it should be worthwile for all and not feel like a downgrade. my guess is the stats are deliberately low to prevent para stacking/ help balance classes, but at least make the proc worthwhile!

edit: i have to add: yes, my health, armor and mana went down as well.

Jazzi
10-28-2015, 07:53 AM
In a timed run, those crystals proc a lot. Additionally, if you are skilled enough, there are ways to further the chance to proc. It's actually a practice. :p

Why would the pendant proc more in a timed run then in a solo run in elite with max possible pulls? Makes no sense to me. The proc is based on hits taken. One would always take the most hits in a solo run. Yes there are ways to make it proc more like sitting a poison pool. Anyway the proc is still very counter-productive in PvE. The crystals are great, the stun is great, but the way it spreads the mobs is not at all. Most importantly though the planar pendant proc is not something u can rely on. The skill perk of the lvl 46 set is much more reliable, but the health and especially mana pools u get with it are unacceptable. If you play with 4 attack skills (aimed, nox, piercer and sss) u need 1.5 mana potions per combo?!? Seems really not well thought through on StS' side.

Jazzi
10-28-2015, 07:55 AM
all sets need some stat boost. i love the axe throw and honestly warriors got the best out of all classes here, but it should be worthwile for all and not feel like a downgrade. my guess is the stats are deliberately low to prevent para stacking/ help balance classes, but at least make the proc worthwhile!

edit: i have to add: yes, my health, armor and mana went down as well.

The armor too? Well that makes absolutely no sense for a warrior imo. The "best"set giving less armor than the old gear.

Avaree
10-28-2015, 08:37 AM
... but it should be worthwile for all and not feel like a downgrade....

Was a huge down grade in mana and hp..the upgrade in entangling trap is fun, but it dont add any party buffs, and if it stuns, its (majority of the time) a 2 sec stun, very rarely when i have tested, witnessed a 4 sec stun.

Zeus
10-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Why would the pendant proc more in a timed run then in a solo run in elite with max possible pulls? Makes no sense to me. The proc is based on hits taken. One would always take the most hits in a solo run. Yes there are ways to make it proc more like sitting a poison pool. Anyway the proc is still very counter-productive in PvE. The crystals are great, the stun is great, but the way it spreads the mobs is not at all. Most importantly though the planar pendant proc is not something u can rely on. The skill perk of the lvl 46 set is much more reliable, but the health and especially mana pools u get with it are unacceptable. If you play with 4 attack skills (aimed, nox, piercer and sss) u need 1.5 mana potions per combo?!? Seems really not well thought through on StS' side.

You keep running a timed run until everything aligns just right.

Anyways, between the new set and old set I've found the procs to be far more useful. The set just gives up far too much damage to be of any use when a timed runner can simply run map continuously until traps pull just right and procs happen at the right time.

Jazzi
10-28-2015, 12:02 PM

You keep running a timed run until everything aligns just right.

Anyways, between the new set and old set I've found the procs to be far more useful. The set just gives up far too much damage to be of any use when a timed runner can simply run map continuously until traps pull just right and procs happen at the right time.

I still don't get the quote in bold. Other than that I am familiar with the concept of running the map until thing align in your favour.

Anyway this is all off topic. I hope StS would reply here. After all this thread is in the right forum section ;).

Honestly the damage loss is not that huge and might be offset by the skill perk, but the rest is a bit too much imho, especially the crazy low mana.

Avaree
10-28-2015, 12:13 PM
I still don't get the quote in bold. Other than that I am familiar with the concept of running the map until thing align in your favour.

Anyway this is all off topic. I hope StS would reply here. After all this thread is in the right forum section ;).

Honestly the damage loss is not that huge and might be offset by the skill perk, but the rest is a bit too much imho, especially the crazy low mana.

:) thanks Jazzi

*Out*of*thanks*

leeelooo
10-28-2015, 12:19 PM
Yes yes and yes. Agree with most everything said here. I have nothing to add except make the rogue glow different all together or tone down the light, it really hurts my eyes and I get a headache after seeing it for more than a couple minutes.

leeelooo
10-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Ohh and one more thing..Please grant us our glintstoned Ap and title!!!!

Avaree
10-30-2015, 07:24 PM
After the update yesterday, I was hoping to see the traps fixed and working according to previously stated--> ( http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?258187-Teaser-Friday-Mythic-Gear-Stats ) Traps are inconsistent with the length of stun ( I have seen more 1-2 second stuns than 4 sec stuns), and usually i see only one baddy is stunned.
I do like the set bonus with the entangling trap 100% pull (providing the trap opens) & love the idea of the chance of a 4 sec stun, but the bonus (especially as it is now), isn't an equal trade off of for what rogues loose in HP & mana. Keep in mind, currently, only 4 (maybe 5 ) rogues have the complete set of Glintstone, this is why there is little feed back. (I think only three warriors currently have the full set, mages i have only seen one with the full set)

***Also I do see where the devs are going with this idea of the glintstone, and its a brilliant idea, but just don't short change us (all classes) in areas that help us survive.***

Will there be any "buff" in mana and Hp with this set? Can we get a devs response ?

ucupduyeh
11-09-2015, 04:40 PM
I guess, to make jewel combo to adjust all class mystic set. Finesse+water; mind+nature; fury+diamond; chaos+lighting.