PDA

View Full Version : Item stats question

Ohkuni
05-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Hi all,

New to the game and just have a question about item stats. Just hit level 14 and have a few items that have 10 more int than what I have equipped, however the stats panel on the left says I get less int total if I equip it. Can anyone please explain, thanks!

Fatpigwarrior
05-22-2011, 06:50 AM
You have probably added stats onto other attributes other than int, really the only reason why

Swimmingstar
05-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Could be a problem sometimes like when I have a 10 armor hat and equip 11 armor hat it stays the same

Ohkuni
05-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Oh my bad, I was looking at int required as it was green and I assumed that's how much int it had on it, lol silly me :o

Moogerfooger
05-23-2011, 10:04 PM
It also has to do with the way numbers are rounded....Cinco (one of lead programmers) supposedly rounds everything down. There are complicated formulas behind the attributes, Physiologic has a thread somewhere that showed how it is.

Example: Say you have 131.0 Int (I am totally making this up, and what I am about to say is not the actual formula, but you will get the idea). You add a piece of gear that adds 10 int, so you think you should have 141.0, and hey say it shows 141 No problems there.

However, that 10 int affects mana regeneration (m/s) too. Say you really had 16.7 m/s before, but since the formula seems to always round down, your page just shows 16 m/s even though it is really 16.7. Say that +10 int gives you +1 m/s....when you highlight that gear, what I think happens is that the preview will think "hey it is 16.7 + 1, and normal math says you should round that 17.7 up to 18" and you see that before you equip the gear and you will see a green "+2". But then when you equip the gear, you only see it say 17, because after equipping it takes that 17.7 and rounds down, not up.

Me, Phys and Royce all tried to figure this out once, and we don't know for sure, but that is what we kinda think happens. If we are kinda right, it explains some of the weird +/- 1 points you sometimes see when you equip gear.