PDA

View Full Version : unplayable low framerate since update.

skavenger216
05-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Since updating, the game is almost unplayable, due to a choppy frametate. It wasn't like this before updating. I haven't added or changed a thing on my phone either. I'm on an Android, HTC evo 4g to be exact. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times now, to no avail :(

EDIT: Thought id also mention that before updating, my framerate only did this in the keeper room of crush the keeper, since update it happens everywhere.

Orcish
05-22-2011, 11:44 AM
I have the same phone, I know sometimes my phone bogs down but I use CacheMate (needs ROOT) and Advance Task Killer to clear up everything. Since I've used these both, I've really haven't had an issue. Before these two apps I would be running somewhere in the ballpark of 40-60mb, now I get over 200mb!

Futumsh
05-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Try rebooting your phone - it's very likely something else running in the background.

KaotiicxDream
05-22-2011, 12:31 PM
I got small lags.. but I'm not able to kill Goldfever :-/ lags all the time and sometimes the screen freezes and after 2 mins the PL app gets shutted down...

Barsoom
05-22-2011, 12:54 PM
i made sure to close all my frozen apps, then reboot. I could not play earlier today at the catacombs... simply could not.

KaotiicxDream
05-22-2011, 01:06 PM
How to reboot ?

Barbamitsos
05-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Ye this lag is killing my gameplay and noone does a thing to fix it

Barsoom
05-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Ye this lag is killing my gameplay and noone does a thing to fix it

ehem, i thought you no longer cared ;)

unless... this is your reason O.o

skavenger216
05-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Try rebooting your phone - it's very likely something else running in the background.

When you say reboot, do you mean restart it, or factory reset it? I have restarted my phone multiple times. I've also checked my memory both with PL running and not running, plenty of free memory in both situations. I've even tried force closing every non essential process on my phone, still having frame rate issues. I know its not a hardware issue because ive tried running other graphics intensive 3d games and those still run fine.

Orcish
05-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Not that I have tried this and I'm not sure if this would help or not, but you could read about the HTC 30 FPS cap here http://www.bgr.com/2010/06/23/htc-evo-4g-hacked-to-support-60-fps-video/ although you would need to root and such (a lot of risk in doing that) could be a solution or not, just throwing it out there...

skavenger216
05-23-2011, 09:51 PM
I was playing a little bit earlier today.... for the most part my framerate has stabilized. I didn't do anything different to my phone since last time I played so I don't know, unless STS did something on their end to fix it, I'm just gonna chalk it up to random weirdness that has apparently resolved itself.

Ellyidol
05-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Battery saver to the minimum?