PDA

View Full Version : Just uninstalled after getting level 49...

Eliott
05-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Its been a great run and I've really enjoyed the game but I have had to uninstall.

The file size is now over 50mb and that is just too much.

Like 25% of Android users I am stuck on 2.1 which means I cannot store apps on the SD card and have to squeeze them onto the tiny phone memory.

I have 290mb total for apps which soon disappears after putting the essentials on.

It appears that the phone is frequently clearing the cache to free up some space which means I am downloading the patch about 2 -3 times a day.

Is there any chance of Spacetime Studios allowing us to keep a client installed on the phone memory and store the bulk of the data on the SD card? Gameloft and a number of other developers seem to do this just fine and it really helps those of us with limited space.

If the current situation is such an inconvenience to a quarter of android users it must surely be worth considering to bring in and retain new players?

Personally I'm going to have to give up on the game until they can make such a change (or my phone company releases 2.2 for my handset)

azulflame
05-22-2011, 12:59 PM
save to your phone and TRANSFER to your SD card.

and at least you don't have to start over. all data is stored online.

Eliott
05-22-2011, 01:03 PM
I cannot transfer to my SD card, I'm on Android 2.1

You can only do that from Android 2.2

Gotta be the dumbest move ever when designing a smartphone. Give it a tiny memory and don't let people put apps on the SD card. It seems like such an obvious thing to do I never thought to ask about it when buying the phone. A bit like you don't ask when buying a car if it comes with brakes.

ZHEOTARE
05-22-2011, 01:16 PM
It can be done if you want to root your phone...

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-lite/180532-apps-sd-card-android-2-1-a.html

Eliott
05-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Nope, impossible. Unfortunately I have an unrootable phone. There is no way to gain root access. It has a protected nand.

DawnInfinity
05-22-2011, 06:35 PM
:( Hope to see you playing again soon. Congrats on 49, though..

Diodge
05-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Nope, impossible. Unfortunately I have an unrootable phone. There is no way to gain root access. It has a protected nand.

What phone do you have?

xantor
05-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Get a evo.....

Eliott
05-22-2011, 08:52 PM
What phone do you have?

Lynx 3D

Get a evo.....

I'm not about to buy a new phone just to play one game when this one is only 6 months old.