PDA

View Full Version : Free Emotes?

Primal
05-22-2011, 11:28 PM
So one day I accidentally did that annoying laugh...ha ha ha. lol
Never figured it out until today the laugh, the music and the yawn are paid emotes.
First off, I never bought any emotes. As a matter of fact, I have the icon hidden via the options. If it wasn't for that tutorial that won (much love to it's creator! :D) that gave that lovely tip at the end, I'd never even use emotes.

Well bottom line, that tip is a shortcut to the wave emote and I am assuming there are shortcuts to all the other emotes as well. The free ones are "dual-touch slide" (just made that up, :cool:) up, right, left and down. Can not positively say what the others are since the dual touch on my phone is flaky, but "dual-touch slide" diagonally seems to trigger them. I tend to get the laugh when I go from bottom left. Or was it from top right...lol.

Anyways, this is obviously not a bug but rather a glitch or exploit if you will. Unless, because of the obvious pain I have trying to pull it off at will (really, dual touch fails a lot on my phone :mad:), it's supposed to be that way. Enjoy it while it lasts I suppose. :p

Otukura
05-22-2011, 11:39 PM
there's a thread around here detailing the finger swipes to trigger emotes. Let me dig it up.

EDIT: Here we go:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21492-GUIDE-How-To-Use-Emotes-Without-the-Emote-Button.

Primal
05-23-2011, 12:02 AM
Hey thx bud, just read it. But I notice he does not mention whether one needs to purchase these emotes to use the gestures.
Anyways, I can now confirm swiping diagonally from bottom left produces the laugh. Gonna try the others in that thread. :D

Otukura
05-23-2011, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I just put it there to see if you could test them... phone is in the other room and I need to get a project done.

I should've been more clear.