PDA

View Full Version : Aegis Proc Not Functioning Correctly

Zeus
10-26-2015, 06:55 PM
Hey guys, we appreciate the feedback related to this. I'm going to jump in related to the Warrior Mythic weapon in case there is a misunderstanding on how it works.

Each enemy hit applies a stack of an armor buff. Each stack adds 25 Armor, up to 250 at 10 stacks. Each enemy hit means a single strike may hit up to 3, and grant up to 3 stacks all at once. When you reach 10 you tip over and the armor explodes dealing AoE damage to all around and taunting them all to the tank, and the cycle begins again.

The cycle of this proc rate can be very quick, and the AoE damage output does add up, as does the implicit taunting of surrounding mobs.

Is this in line with what you are experiencing playing with this weapon? From a design perspective this is certainly a tanking weapon, and not intended to be used for massive damage. If there are suggestions on changes you'd like to see after playing with it and this knowledge, we're always open to constructive feedback.

Thanks guys!

According to Carapace's quote, each enemy hit should be granting 25 armor. Thus, that means when the tank gets hit the tank should gain 25 armor per hit (up to 10x) before the shield explodes. However, after further testing in game...apparently it seems that the tank has to hit the opponent to gain the 25 armor stacks.

While developers are at it, the explosion damage should be slightly increased, as well as increasing the amount of armor stacked (to perhaps 40-50 per stack?).

This is being said as a rogue.

Thanks!

Madnex
10-26-2015, 07:22 PM
He meant "each enemy that is hit (by the warrior) applies a stack of an armor buff". Change title, move to feedback/suggestions.

Zeus
10-26-2015, 07:43 PM
He meant "each enemy that is hit (by the warrior) applies a stack of an armor buff". Change title, move to feedback/suggestions.

Then yes, agreed. Warriors shouldn't have to hit to proc, they should proc whilst taking damage! :p

extrapayah
10-27-2015, 12:15 AM
well actually having warrior have to hit enemies to increase the stack make it great if you have more than 1 warrior, you won't need to compete with other warriors to get hit...

and yes carapace did meant it to work like that, or else there is no way that getting hit by something has a limit up to 3, hehe

Ardbeg
10-27-2015, 12:57 PM
if i remember right the pavise procd on taking damage which was very useful in things like wt4 but it was hated in pvp by tanks.
i think we can all agree the aegis is a pve weapon and i don t think this modification would convert it to be useful in pvp. if anything i would like to see better stats (armor) and better reach that would help pve aswell as pvp. better proc damage too, but it s already good enough to taunt.

rustygun
10-28-2015, 09:18 AM
According to Carapace's quote, each enemy hit should be granting 25 armor. Thus, that means when the tank gets hit the tank should gain 25 armor per hit (up to 10x) before the shield explodes. However, after further testing in game...apparently it seems that the tank has to hit the opponent to gain the 25 armor stak

While developers are at it, the explosion damage should be slightly increased, as well as increasing the amount of armor stacked (to perhaps 40-50 per stack?).

This is being said as a rogue.

Thanks!

It's kinda pointless trying to stack on armor take too long and your team die best to forget trying to go for this and focus on other necessary skills to keep team alive...

Ravager
10-29-2015, 12:19 AM
if i remember right the pavise procd on taking damage which was very useful in things like wt4 but it was hated in pvp by tanks.
i think we can all agree the aegis is a pve weapon and i don t think this modification would convert it to be useful in pvp. if anything i would like to see better stats (armor) and better reach that would help pve aswell as pvp. better proc damage too, but it s already good enough to taunt.

One of the reasons the pavise was bad in pvp was because they actually disabled the proc in pvp. So no proc. Only in pve.