PDA

View Full Version : Stable - What to expect in a future update?

Anasinator
10-27-2015, 12:04 PM
Hey guys!

I have talked about this before expansion and I am mentioning it again as long as there is no action from STS towards this subject.

Many players in AL have a lot of pets (over 100) and it is a real struggle to go through them to pick a certain one each time we have to change the pet. I know that the pets you rely on the most are usually level 46 so it is easy to find them on the top of the list but sometimes we need a certain one to use it for a certain boss (for example, Kelvin) or when leveling a newly obtained pet. It is not easy to keep scrolling down the stable during a fight trying to find Waldo!

In my opinion there should be a "Search" button in Stable to make it easy for us to find the pet we are looking for. It would be great also if there are sections where we can categorize our pets based on stats, skills or AA.

In the end, pets are getting larger in number week after week and it's getting messy in Stable. My pets are starting to fight each other! I think this should be considered as animal cruelty. We should do something about it, right?

What do you think? Are there other solutions you can suggest?

G-M
10-27-2015, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback. This is definitely something we are aware of and want to address. What if the list of pets in the stable was ordered by pet level, highest to lowest? Would that help?

Zeus
10-27-2015, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback. This is definitely something we are aware of and want to address. What if the list of pets in the stable was ordered by pet level, highest to lowest? Would that help?

I think it's already like this but if there was a way to personally adjust the order of our pets...that would be cool.

vawaid
10-27-2015, 09:01 PM
I think it's already like this but if there was a way to personally adjust the order of our pets...that would be cool.
Yes, something like bookmark or favorite.

"Quote to reply, I use tapasucks."

extrapayah
10-27-2015, 09:04 PM
yes, zeus' idea is the best,

and maybe coloring to names / the box outside the name, to describe its rarity

also a better and detailed description to AA (duration, cooldown),

passive (both chance, how strong the passive is in number, and duration -> in example 10% chance of 20% armor reduction for 4s)
you might also want to try to describe them in icons which you put some legend (explanation) somewhere

anyway, outside of the stable,

1. a feature to call pet to get close to you could be great
2. increased mobility for pet, considering it needs to pick items, and also to catch up jumping players (with skyward smash, shadow pierce, and gale), and give pet immunity to snare/slow
3. AA in cooldown to not lock the pet, but cooldown is maintained, so you can't abuse it by reusing it instantly
4. button in HUD to rotate pet quickly -> could become a refreshing gameplay, could also be limited to 2-3 pets in rotation

P.S. blind breeze needs to be fixed, it is illogical that the current breeze can automatically pick items a lot way further than its attack range

Imsofancy
10-27-2015, 10:46 PM
categories would be great, (arcane pet category, mythic category...etc)

just clicking which category you want would save a ton of time.

raxaxic
10-28-2015, 07:16 AM
I think adding pets to your loadout screens would be cool too.

Energizeric
10-28-2015, 07:21 AM
categories would be great, (arcane pet category, mythic category...etc)

just clicking which category you want would save a ton of time.

I agree with this. Just like the way items in our inventory are color coded and ordered by rarity, I think the same should apply to pets. The arcane pets should appear at the top of your list and should be in red font, then mythic, then legendary, etc.

Then have a toggle button that goes from "All" to Arcane, Mythic, Legendary, Epic and Rare so we can narrow down the list -- the same way such a toggle button appears in the auction.

coldheart
10-28-2015, 08:38 AM
And make us be able to check/uncheck what loots our pets picks up!normal/rare/epic/legendary.

DarrenPR
10-28-2015, 09:19 AM

Pet level, highest to lowest is already implemented... So I doubt it would help the situation much. My suggestion is alphabetical order. Seems the most logical.

Jazzi
10-28-2015, 09:41 AM
Pet level, highest to lowest is already implemented... So I doubt it would help the situation much. My suggestion is alphabetical order. Seems the most logical.

Alphabetical order in addition to highest to lowest level rarity categories would be nice too. Anyway I stopped buying useless pets because of this issue ;)

G-M
10-28-2015, 11:05 AM
So then this?

Order first by owned/unowned
then, by pet level
then, by pet rarity (highest to lowest)
then, alphabetical by name

KingMartin
10-28-2015, 11:12 AM
The last proposal sounds nice. I was about to propose custom loadout of pets (we mostly rotate 4-6 anyway) but that sorting could also work. Only one has to level up special-purpose pets for fast swap (eg stun pet).

Excuses
10-28-2015, 11:56 AM

This please.

There are some pets with low rarity that are used a lot too. And alphabetical order will not help to keep the favorite pets on top too.
Just let us make an order of pets.

Jazzi
10-28-2015, 12:11 PM
So then this?

then, by pet level

This seems fine. Ofc an option to just "push" a pet up and down the list and practically make it fully customizable would be best imho. If this is not feasible your suggestion would do just fine

Ardbeg
10-28-2015, 12:37 PM
So then this?

then, by pet level

can we please have an option to display the original name? it s getting harder and harder to memorize all the pets on different toons...

Zaizor
10-28-2015, 01:33 PM
I'd still like a way to sell or release certain pets back, that I bought in error, as a joke, or as a noob and now have no use for them. That'd be nice. OR, make a custom/favorite list, where I can put my frequently used ones together and I don't have to scroll through the lesser used ones.

Kakashis
10-28-2015, 02:24 PM
So then this?

then, by pet level

This could work, but custom ordering by the player would be even better.

Ardbeg
10-28-2015, 02:28 PM
I minus one this! If you name your pet you should remember it!

with 125 current named pets and some more on alts it really gets hard for example to discuss pet features with other players.

Motherless_Child
10-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Maybe first sorting by "how often used" would be a start because I have pets that I never use that are still above other pets that I always use which requires scrolling and searching to get to them and it's a pain when doing this during battle. Sorting by "how often used" makes sense because when you acquire a new pet and your character is already capped you will more than likely not find yourself leveling that pet, but you still use it more than you have used most pets and it is still located somewhere in the middle or near the bottom, like slobber for instance.

Avaree
10-28-2015, 02:55 PM
I minus one this! If you name your pet you should remember it!

I dont have a full stable and have to look up on the forum some times to remember what pet a person is refering too. After playing for three years, we do forget some times the less improtant things in the game. i think it would be very useful to have the original name option :)

Hunter16
10-28-2015, 03:16 PM
I would say a "favorite pets" list would be good enough.

I have to go through all pets to summon that Slobber!

Also please add in brackets the pet's original name.

extrapayah
10-28-2015, 04:39 PM
coloring to names / the box outside the name, to describe its rarity

better and detailed description to AA (duration, cooldown),

better and detailed description to passive (chance, effectiveness, and duration -> e.g. 10% chance of 20% armor reduction for 4s)
you might also want to try to describe them in icons which you put some legend (explanation) somewhere

and lastly, lore story of the pet, haha

Schnitzel
10-28-2015, 04:43 PM
So then this?

then, by pet level

In another game I've played, they had "Heroes", ordered in:
Owned, then Rarity (arcane to rare), then Level, unowned (unowned repeats the sorting system)

Dalmony
10-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Ordering pets by level is what causes the whole quality of life issue in the first place, because the position of a pet constantly changes as you level it up, and then once it has overtaken all of your other pets in level it remains at the top of your list even if you "retire" it.

The stable needs a mechanism whereby a player can arrange his pets so that he has quick access to the pets he is currently using the most regardless of the level or name of that pet. In situations such as:

- A player wants to have quick access to a pet which they will use regularly but only in select circumstances (eg Kelvin / Abaddon). The player does not want to grind or even really level up this pet, but simply wants to be able to quickly access it should they need to take advantage of it. When the moment has passed and another pet becomes the new Kelvin for a particular boss, the player might want to retire this pet and bring pets back to the top which are more relevant to the content they are currently playing the most.

(You can see from the SS below that Abaddon is right near the top of my stable.... because I used him so much when levelling that he capped, but once I had finished capping I have literally never used him once, and yet he is stuck there.)

- Events. Players achieve the event pet and wish to use it more regularly for the duration of the event, for novelty value and to show off their prize, while not really planning to regularly use this pet once the event is over.

- New pets. Players obtain a new pet which they do wish to access frequently. They want to use the pet in their regular rotation without grinding it's level, so it would be convenient to have this pet at the top of the list right from level 1.

- Players decide they do want to grind a particular pet, fitting in pet levelling between their regular activity. They find themselves regularly scrolling down to find the position of this pet in the list, which is cumbersome already and on top of that, the position constantly changes because the pet moves each time it gains a level.

Some examples of systems which would work:

1. A simple arrow system to shift pet position up or down the list. If a player gets a pet he plans on using a lot he can fast track the pet up to somewhere near the top of the list.

2. A system whereby the current pet ordering system remains the same but a play can check a box, in order to have a pet "promoted" at the top of the list.

3. A "quick access" list. Pets would remain ordered by level/most used, but players would be able to select 5 pets to assign to the quick access menu.

This option could be toggled in the setting for people who didn't really feel the need to use it.

(I removed the satchel button to make room because really... who opens the satchel from the stable anyways?)

Additionally:

-Don't hide the pets Arcane Ability... the ability doesn't remain a secret, it just means that players who get new pets first are hounded with questions about what the ability is. Players without the pet who are wondering the AA have to find someone with the pet or come out of game to search the forums. This all seems pointless when it could just be displayed in the menu.

Motherless_Child
10-28-2015, 04:56 PM
Ordering pets by level is what causes the whole quality of life issue in the first place, because the position of a pet constantly changes as you level it up, and then once it has overtaken all of your other pets in level it remains at the top of your list even if you "retire" it.

The stable needs a mechanism whereby a player can arrange his pets so that he has quick access to the pets he is currently using the most regardless of the level or name of that pet. In situations such as:

- A player wants to have quick access to a pet which they will use regularly but only in select circumstances (eg Kelvin / Abaddon). The player does not want to grind or even really level up this pet, but simply wants to be able to quickly access it should they need to take advantage of it. A player might have wanted to put Kelvin within easy reach when he was regularly used for planar tombs, or abaddon during a new level cap. When the moment has passed, the player might want to retire this pet and bring pets back to the top which are more relevant to the content they are currently playing the most.

- Events. Players achieve the event pet and wish to use it more regularly for the duration of the event, for novelty value and to show off their prize, while not really planning to regularly use this pet once the event is over.

- New pets. Players obtain a new pet which they do wish to access frequently. They want to use the pet in their regular rotation without grinding it's level, so it would be convenient to have this pet at the top of the list right from level 1.

- Players decide they do want to grind a particular pet, fitting in pet levelling between their regular activity. They find themselves regularly scrolling down to find the position of this pet in the list, which is cumbersome already and on top of that, the position constantly changes because the pet moves each time it gains a level.

1. A simple arrow system to shift pet position up or down the list.

2. A system whereby the current pet ordering system remains the same but a play can check a box, in order to have a pet "promoted" at the top of the list.

3. A "quick access" list. Pets would remain ordered by level/most used, but players would be able to select 5 pets to assign to the quick access menu.

(I removed the satchel button to make room because really... who opens the satchel from the stable anyways?)

Bullseye... That sounds like a winner.....

G-M
10-28-2015, 04:56 PM
Thanks Dalmony that's very helpful! What about pets you don't own? In these examples would unowned pets remain the same just ordered below your owned pets?

Endkey 2.0
10-28-2015, 04:58 PM
G-M on a roll today!

Madnex
10-28-2015, 05:23 PM
An easier way would be to add another tab inside stable and implement a similar logic to how liquidating items from your inventory works.

Each pet you dismiss is automatically added to that tab (similar to the buy back screen) which can only hold a maximum of 10 pets.

As soon as an 11th (different pet from the previous 10) is dismissed(=added to second tab), the one at the bottom of the list is pushed out. If it's the same, simply move it to the top.

Dalmony
10-28-2015, 05:50 PM
Thanks Dalmony that's very helpful! What about pets you don't own? In these examples would unowned pets remain the same just ordered below your owned pets?

To be honest I think the main concern people have with the stable is how quickly they can access certain "in favour" pets of their choosing, that they DO own. Because like I mentioned earlier, it can happen that there is a pet we want to quickly access for a certain period of time, and the endless scrolling to find him is where the issue lies.

However, it might be useful to seperate the two. People use the unowned pets list to look up stats and get a preview of the pet... so they will be specifically wanting to browse THAT section of the list and it is true that scrolling is once again going to get irritating as the list grows longer.

I don't think the order matters as much... but a tab system would probably be useful.

Sorry for all the pictures but I find they give a better idea than a descriptive paragraph.

I've moved the play/trick/feed buttons.... those could probably all be toggled together from one button which triggers a pop up "interact" menu, which would pop up a menu containing the "feed/trick/play" buttons, overlaying the favourites area.

Dalmony
10-28-2015, 06:34 PM
An easier way would be to add another tab inside stable and implement a similar logic to how liquidating items from your inventory works.

Each pet you dismiss is automatically added to that tab (similar to the buy back screen) which can only hold a maximum of 10 pets.

As soon as an 11th (different pet from the previous 10) is dismissed(=added to second tab), the one at the bottom of the list is pushed out. If it's the same, simply move it to the top.

I think its best to take automation out of the equation entirely and allow players to specify what does or doesn't appear in this list. So that you don't end up with deary on the list everytime you summon him for laughs, or ehtyl on there everytime you use him in a guild hall disco.

I mean I know that would be resolved by resummoning the pet you actually wanted to keep on there afterwards but why not just eliminate this unnecessary extra complication and let the player dictate the list themselves.

I like the idea of it being in a different place. Rather than being inside the stable, a good place to have it would be just directly on the main screen just above the pet skill button. That would make it a case of "Faves >> Pet" rather than "Menu >> Stable >> Faves >> Pet"

Basically either is better and far less frustrating than "Menu >> Stable >> Scroll Scroll Scroll >> Up a bit >> Down a bit >> Argh where is it?!?!? >> Pet"

extrapayah
10-28-2015, 11:11 PM
if we really are going to have favorite slots, probably a sorting start from owned/not owned, then rarity, and then alphabet will work the best

ofc if we will have owned/not owned tab, that first priority sorting is not needed

with the current system, we normally level up our favorite pets, or intentionally level up some pet to make it well positioned,

but with favorite slots, that intention will losing its meaning and the list will purely become a list for searching only, i think we will rather it is not sorted by level

p.s. do we also have someone to give pics of wanted inventory design?

Anasinator
10-29-2015, 04:48 AM

- A player wants to have quick access to a pet which they will use regularly but only in select circumstances (eg Kelvin / Abaddon). The player does not want to grind or even really level up this pet, but simply wants to be able to quickly access it should they need to take advantage of it. When the moment has passed and another pet becomes the new Kelvin for a particular boss, the player might want to retire this pet and bring pets back to the top which are more relevant to the content they are currently playing the most.

(You can see from the SS below that Abaddon is right near the top of my stable.... because I used him so much when levelling that he capped, but once I had finished capping I have literally never used him once, and yet he is stuck there.)

1. A simple arrow system to shift pet position up or down the list. If a player gets a pet he plans on using a lot he can fast track the pet up to somewhere near the top of the list.

Additionally:

-Don't hide the pets Arcane Ability... the ability doesn't remain a secret, it just means that players who get new pets first are hounded with questions about what the ability is. Players without the pet who are wondering the AA have to find someone with the pet or come out of game to search the forums. This all seems pointless when it could just be displayed in the menu.

Give this guy a medal!

I like the first suggestion where you can order your pets the way you want.

Anasinator
10-29-2015, 04:51 AM

The stable is already ordered by owned/unowned pets and the owned ones are ordered by the level of the pet. The issue is that it is hard to keep scrolling through all of them to find a certain one to use.

nelson131
10-29-2015, 05:21 AM
Dalmony's ideas=exactly what we need. It is irritating to scroll and scroll to find the pet i need.

acewasabi
10-29-2015, 02:41 PM

Hi G-M thanks for taking an interest in this thread. I'd love to see us being able to 'hide' pets we don't use. Or a way to select favourite pets (up to 5 maybe) that always appear at the top of the stable.

acewasabi
10-29-2015, 02:45 PM
and lastly, lore story of the pet, haha

Forum competition to come up with best back story of each pet, winner gets a gold version of that pet! :p

Kakashis
10-29-2015, 02:55 PM

I'm am good with any of Dalmony's suggestions. I think his first SS with arrows UP and DOWN is the simplest and not much change is needed. I too want to push some pets that are capped down the list so that I don't see them again xD Would be nice to have a pet switch button just on the main screen to avoid menus altogether, but this Arrow arrangement is close enough!

Unowned pets just sort them by Arcane, Mythic, (Legendary/Epics together), and then sort by Alphabetical order. It's not necessary to put the newest Arcanes/mythics/event pets released near the top of unowned pets. This just makes it more confusing! But either way, people are mainly concerned with which pets we get to see at the top, anything after the first 5 pets can just leave it the same if it's less work.

Vvildfire
10-29-2015, 03:04 PM
can we please have an option to display the original name? it s getting harder and harder to memorize all the pets on different toons...

Which is why I stopped giving names to my pets... Lol

KingMartin
10-29-2015, 06:45 PM
I really don't know which of the ideas listed here is the easiest for the coders, but I would be also happy with say, 3-4 loadouts each containing, say, up to 10 pets. Any pet can be of course part of different loadouts.

In that way, I could have for example:

Elite pets
Underground (tombs) pets
Pets I want to level up
PvP stable

Iisolah
10-29-2015, 06:54 PM

I would like to see the rarity of the pets in the list, which one is rare/epic/legendary/mythic etc..
Also a visible lvl number of your pet.
And maby a free "change name of your pets" week? So the non-plat users get a chance to correct unintended misspelled names of the pets, or if you found out cooler name, or to simply change back to the original pet names?

Also +1 to always view the name of the pet when inspecting another player.
And last, +1 to coloured names or borders by rarity of the pet

:)