View Full Version : An introduction of a community view system within the forums?

Ascents
10-27-2015, 03:32 PM
I have just been thinking and I know that we have a reputation system set in place but wouldn't it be cool if we could have a community view system.

What I mean by this is under post count we would have a place to comment on other people and it would be stored as a community view.

We can thank them for certain things or just write a view on them on why you appreciate what thwy are doing.

What will this achieve?

-Creates bonds between people.
-Gives people an incentive to be nice.
-Gives people a way of recording how they are seen.
-Lets users see what other people think of a certain user.

What do you think? Just some food for thought.

Ardbeg
10-27-2015, 03:38 PM
we should exchange our opinion on other peoples ideas and not comment on the people itself (if i am getting your idea right). we don t need another beauty contest.

Ascents
10-27-2015, 04:56 PM
we should exchange our opinion on other peoples ideas and not comment on the people itself (if i am getting your idea right). we don t need another beauty contest.

Yes but others will not always see the posts they do well and we can see a group community view of people together. It's not just for being good with ideas but being kind, helpful or even funny.

Ardbeg
10-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Yes but others will not always see the posts they do well and we can see a group community view of people together. It's not just for being good with ideas but being kind, helpful or even funny.

that s where the reputation system already failed. people create accounts to gain bars,...
i don t see how a second system with the same intention could work out better. just use what s already here without abuse!

Ascents
10-27-2015, 05:17 PM
that s where the reputation system already failed. people create accounts to gain bars,...
i don t see how a second system with the same intention could work out better. just use what s already here without abuse!

Way around abuse for this community view system is to make views be able to be given for 1000 or more posts.

Caabatric
10-27-2015, 05:35 PM
Way around abuse for this community view system is to make views be able to be given for 1000 or more posts.

Babaji !!!!!!