PDA

View Full Version : Weapons drops system

deafmaster
05-23-2011, 06:57 PM
How will it work? Pure luck or merit based???

Rebel
05-23-2011, 06:58 PM
How will it work? Pure luck or merit based???

Looking at the PL system, I'd say it will be pure luck.

Not quite sure how a merit based system would work.

Otukura
05-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Pure luck, 100% random, however you want to put it.

Just putting it out there, once again, booting other does not increase your chance. Not accusing you or anyone, just so many still do it.

Pokechmp
05-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Well, in PL, the lower the level, u actually get better drops.

Arterra
05-23-2011, 08:42 PM
NOTICE: there is no easy way to implement pure luck in games. Fire emblem for example uses a Random Number Generator, and that is actually just a very long list of pre-defined numbers that move down every action you take.

i dont know if STS has developed their own algorithm, or what it is based on... but dont expect them to ever tell us lol

Rebel
05-23-2011, 09:01 PM
NOTICE: there is no easy way to implement pure luck in games. Fire emblem for example uses a Random Number Generator, and that is actually just a very long list of pre-defined numbers that move down every action you take.

i dont know if STS has developed their own algorithm, or what it is based on... but dont expect them to ever tell us lol

Well maybe instead of saying pure "luck", we should say pure "random". It could be a little more accurate.

apocketlegend
05-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Lol nice one!

Conradin
05-23-2011, 09:36 PM

Not true...

Unless you mean low lvl drops have high value.

LordEspe
05-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Devs have conformed that it is a random event when you get a good drop!! Alot of people have had their "dry spells" and "lucky days"! If their was some pattern or method of improving your Legendary drop chance, I'm pretty sure someone would have found out by now!!

Uepauke
05-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Devs have conformed that it is a random event when you get a good drop!! Alot of people have had their "dry spells" and "lucky days"! If their was some pattern or method of improving your Legendary drop chance, I'm pretty sure someone would have found out by now!!

When someone asks to rmk, >50%.

When it's taken so long, people have left and it's down 3 bears and a Mage, you get 2 pink drops at a shot.

Based on experience XD

Redbridge
05-23-2011, 11:48 PM

Isn't it true you get better drops if you wave at the boss just before they die..............

chunkmonkey
05-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Who Cares!!!

Derps
06-04-2011, 06:36 PM
there is no actual "random" in programming.
it can be near random but never exactly random.