PDA

View Full Version : Is arlorian ring a waste of money?

Ascents
10-31-2015, 02:04 AM
Originally I bought this item to help with locked farming and it procs 10% reroll for 12 seconds upon attack.

I tested it with my tank and it seemed to never proc or miss proc at boss.

Has anyone else got this item and uses efficiently or anyone can tell me if I should sell or continue to use a diff way?

bruceboster
10-31-2015, 02:56 AM
Random procs not good timing. I have some problem but thats how work the ring. I'm using for leveling not hunting. Better sell it if you for hunting.

Dex Scene
10-31-2015, 02:58 AM
to me, Yes. It is waste of money!

mesalin
10-31-2015, 03:07 AM
Yeah....waste

<Forgiveness>

bonjovi3223
10-31-2015, 05:19 AM
Ever since this ring came out, I've been telling friends its real worth is below 100k. This if for two reasons:
1. The luck percentage is below lepre
2. The luck is totally based on a proc & its not permanent.

Unfortunately for me, this ring never dropped in price a lot & I bought it right after expansion for 443k thinking it must be a good ring for it to still hold its price.
My opinion is that this ring is a TOTAL & ABSOLUTE WASTE.
I bought is specifically for farming but I see no difference.

scarysmerf
10-31-2015, 06:55 AM
I have arlor ring and when combined with lepre and luck elixer it procs quite often.when u see clovers thats when it procs depending on your point of view I find it usefull for leveling and sometimes works well for farming.

Jazzi
10-31-2015, 07:13 AM
It is very useful if used on a mage. With proper timing f skills u can keep the proc up all the time. Not so useful on rogues and warriors. On my rogue it does proc in km3, but it is not up 50% of the time at the moment when the bosses are dying.

Kakashis
10-31-2015, 09:18 AM
I use mine for km3

extrapayah
10-31-2015, 11:52 AM
you need to use skyward smash and spec bleed upgrade, and use a weapon which has DoT proc, like galen maul or goblin glaive, to make it work quite well

and if you're running km3, kill more enemies at the start, to make you able to pull more mobs while killing the 3 tomb bosses in km3, more enemies to hit -> more chance to proc

Ascents
10-31-2015, 12:18 PM
It is very useful if used on a mage. With proper timing f skills u can keep the proc up all the time. Not so useful on rogues and warriors. On my rogue it does proc in km3, but it is not up 50% of the time at the moment when the bosses are dying.

Thanks for the advice!

you need to use skyward smash and spec bleed upgrade, and use a weapon which has DoT proc, like galen maul or goblin glaive, to make it work quite well

and if you're running km3, kill more enemies at the start, to make you able to pull more mobs while killing the 3 tomb bosses in km3, more enemies to hit -> more chance to proc

Thank you for the advice as well!

Vvildfire
11-01-2015, 08:36 AM

This is it ^^
It procs whenever you deal damage (might be when you take damage too, but I'm not sure...). Warriors don't have dot I believe?
A Rogue can deal damage over time with nox bolt and traps (I guess razor shield too, but its cooldown is kinda long and I wouldn't run straight into a difficult boss just for the added damage).
A mage? A mage has amazing dot with clock/fireball/ice, and all have short cooldown too (including clock, since it's available again as soon as it explodes).
The dot is important because every time a mob takes damage, the ring has a chance to proc, and when you deal several little pricks of damage every second, you're almost guaranteed a proc at bosses, especially in km3.

I find this info quite important. My first toon was a Rogue, and I didn't realize this. My ring rarely ever proc'ed (my only dot was nox and razor...)
Then I made a mage. First time I walked into km3 it proc'ed half a dozen times in the first 10-20 seconds, I was amazed! I thought, at the beginning, that it was chance, but then I realized why. Understood why I got no eggs while my mage friend got 3 in 30 minutes of Lost Mages Mine. When it comes to stuff that depends on luck, mages have it FAR easier and often don't even realize it.

But hey, rogues still rock in Arena (which has always had junk drops for me), and in event runs, and for elites...
As for Warriors, well, they... Survive longer and have to use less ankhs I guess ^^

Vvildfire
11-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Aaand I take the no dot on warrior statement right back ;-;

Otahaanak
11-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Ring works well with the new Corrupted Daggers. They proc often, I get 2x the crates with those daggers and the ring than I do using a bow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vawaid
11-02-2015, 11:14 AM
that was the best ring for rogue (only rogue got the best ring) last season (before arcane ring drop alot in price). But now it's waste of money.

"Quote to reply, I use tapasucks."

Untung
11-03-2015, 05:14 AM
No, if you are sorcerer

vawaid
11-03-2015, 05:47 AM
I remember, I used to use that ring and lepre when 3 bosses spawn. Try it. It will proc in short time and you only need short time to kill those bosses.

"Quote to reply, I use tapasucks."