PDA

View Full Version : Half of AL is not a bro or sir!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sfubi
10-31-2015, 08:43 AM
Bro, Sir, and Dude are all words to describe male humans.

A good substitute for hi or getting my attention is not Bro, Sir, or Dude.

The first 3 letters of the person's name in a /t is more apporpriate than bro. (Unless they have multiple xxx in their name, at which point you have option of xxx or the first the letters if you ignore the x.)

If you are trying to show respect by typing Sir, then type my whole name!

Jazzi
10-31-2015, 08:59 AM

The first 3 letters of the person's name in a /t is more apporpriate than bro. (Unless they have multiple xxx in their name, at which point you have option of xxx or the first the letters if you ignore the x.)

People from certain countries tend to use Sir all the time. Bro and dude are influenced by American movies. In many countries it is customary to address people as males if u don't know their gender. So in short it is a cultural thing for which we all should have some understanding imho ;)

Sfubi
10-31-2015, 09:06 AM
People from certain countries tend to use Sir all the time. Bro and dude are influenced by American movies. In many countries it is customary to address people as males if u don't know their gender. So in short it is a cultural thing for which we all should have some understanding imho ;)

Then view my thread as an attempt to educate the masses, as intended, imho.

Arachnophobik
10-31-2015, 09:08 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone has a different perception to this. As for me, its:

Sir- Kids. Most probably scammers or beggars. Better ignore.

Bro- Probably gunna ask for help. Better pretend to be afk or remap to the same map so u just vanish as if you dc'd but you actually just teleported to the spawn point.

Dude- Chill american guy. Probably gunna compliment you on something. Time to respond.

And i hate to be called by my first three letters. Arach sounds like a god forsaken species of cockroach. Phobik sounds so much better.

Jazzi
10-31-2015, 09:13 AM
Then view my thread as an attempt to educate the masses, as intended, imho.

The masses are in fact those who are not a part of our western culture. I had to learn this the hard way as a part of my job in a very big multinational company with subsidiaries in almost all countries ;). Can we expect everyone to act in accordance with our own view of the world? Not really imho :)

Alhuntrazeck
10-31-2015, 09:17 AM
OK sfu sir bro dude.

U rich like sir bro dude spendsalot so can gib me golds?

In all seriousness though, you'd be better off getting a loan by using good grammar (bad 'grammer' iz wurzt.)...

So beggars, get that dictionary out!

--

It's also insulting to assume just because someone isn't american or British or Australian or whatever, he has bad English. Lots and lots of people from said countries have disgusting grammar and poor sentence formation while, conversely, plenty of people from other countries (including third-world countries) have good if not great English.

A large part of the American English we use are colloquialisms, so we're hardly people to judge if people from other countries don't keep up...

Iisolah
10-31-2015, 09:26 AM
I dont like the way people assume you are a dude/bro/sir just because you play a game like this. But after years in dif online games I'm kinda used to the way it is. I'm officially a "dude" until I state the opposit, and I don't feel the need to run around and yell out which gender I am. :/

LootSeeker
10-31-2015, 09:37 AM
I'm pretty sure everyone has a different perception to this. As for me, its:

Bro- Probably gunna ask for help. Better pretend to be afk or remap to the same map so u just vanish as if you dc'd but you actually just teleported to the spawn point.

Dude- Chill american guy. Probably gunna compliment you on something. Time to respond.

And i hate to be called by my first three letters. Arach sounds like a god forsaken species of cockroach. Phobik sounds so much better.
Sir, please give goldz?
But seriously I used to call you arach and you never said a thing xD

Sent from my SM-G350 using Tapatalk

Ebezaanec
10-31-2015, 09:59 AM
To be honest, I'm sure more than half of AL's player base is composed of males. Why? Well, males tend to play more video games than females, and an MMO game is an even more male-based genre.

But of course, I'm not saying that females aren't playing.

But back on topic to the bro, dude, sir stuff. I blame the Internet. People today are so immersed in modern culture that it's hard for them to greet without using an impersonal "bro" or "dude." I usually just say "hi" or if I'm feeling frisky, I might even say "Wassup."

For the "sir" stuff, I just assume it's a different culture or one of those flattery-using beggars.

Serancha
10-31-2015, 11:02 AM
You forgot brah.

And Ebezaanec bro, considering that half my guild members online at any given time are female, I'm inclined to disagree with that statement, sir. ;) There are more gamer chicks than anyone realizes. Many of them don't advertise it because they don't want a bunch of hormonal punks hitting on them when they just want to kill monsters.

Kharjojo
10-31-2015, 11:05 AM
You forgot brah.

And Ebezaanec bro, considering that half my guild members online at any given time are female, I'm inclined to disagree with that statement, sir. ;) There are more gamer chicks than anyone realizes. Many of them don't advertise it because they don't want a bunch of hormonal punks hitting on them when they just want to kill monsters.

This!!! I found myself run mostly with grrrrllss (:D) and they beat hard lol, so hard :)

Graovans
10-31-2015, 11:47 AM
What personally bothers me the most about calling everyone "bro" is that not all al players are male, and i always have to bother to correct ppl saying "im a girl".

epicrrr
10-31-2015, 12:34 PM
someones grumpy today. lol

Dex Scene
10-31-2015, 12:54 PM
I find this completely normal.

When someone is trying to do themselves a favor which includes you which can be via trade or some helps, its obvious for them to give you respect.
Would it look better if some noobs be like "Hey tool, can I have some golds?"
In real world when you go to some store and buy stuffs and you ask how much? what does the cashier tell you? "50$ sir" or "50$ dumbo"??

When someone is interesting for something they should give you some respect.

And bro/dude/ mate these are normal way to call out.
Male ratio is higher in the game so its better to guess the opposite party is male.
If every people ask your gender before every communication just to find out if it's bro or not, would be so weird.
People do call with Igns too.
Most of the time they avoid it because they want to be friendly.

If you don't like being respected I suggest you join some twink pvp and stay in pvp arena 24*7

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Dex Scene
10-31-2015, 01:02 PM
This!!! I found myself run mostly with grrrrllss (:D) and they beat hard lol, so hard :)
And lots of girls actually not really girls in real life.
Anyway lets be real. The number of male gamers are really higher than female gamers. It's just in AL, calling bro sir is completely fine and normal in most of MMOs.

Midievalmodel
10-31-2015, 01:04 PM
Lets change the trend. Lets be trendsetters guys/gals. Lets start addressing everyone as "Watup Girl" male or female. This will be awesome. Some of the guys in this game will get extremely angry especially the one that use bro all the damn time, which will make this even more fun. FYI I am a guy. Let the games begin.

Oh and when they start getting upset I'll just blame it on my culture where we assume everyone is female and address them as female until proven otherwise.

Kharjojo
10-31-2015, 01:12 PM
And lots of girls actually not really girls in real life.
Anyway lets be real. The number of male gamers are really higher than female gamers. It's just in AL, calling bro sir is completely fine and normal in most of MMOs.

After a couple of years running together, chatting on line and through FB i can say for sure they're girls.
My friends call me Jojo btw, no need to say "bro - dude - whatever" normally who call me bro (and i don't who is him) only want something from me, but If a friend call me bro/dude is fine for me. All good, if only for fun.

smishy
10-31-2015, 01:18 PM
Then there are some people in kragg, "Need rich bf" who imo are male pretending to be female looking for free items/gold.

ClumsyCactus
10-31-2015, 01:26 PM
Okay I generally use dude,bro,bruh,man,guys etc gender neutrally until they tell me not to.
As for when I mention them, I might use their names, but when I talk directly to them in PM I most likely wont use their name.
And I think that's how most people do it?

Dex Scene
10-31-2015, 01:27 PM
After a couple of years running together, chatting on line and through FB i can say for sure they're girls.
My friends call me Jojo btw, no need to say "bro - dude - whatever" normally who call me bro (and i don't who is him) only want something from me, but If a friend call me bro/dude is fine for me. All good, if only for fun.
Ofcourse friends call you with names which a stranger won't know. So using bro/mate/dude/sir doesn't seem to be abnormal.

Schnitzel
10-31-2015, 01:37 PM

I agree with Arachnophobik on this.

But in my opinion, thats okay.
AL is a global game, not everyone speaks English.
Some try to speak English, but because they don't know it very well,
they hear words like "sir", "bro", or "dude" and they think thats how to talk to people
I remember back when I first arrived in the US,
I knew only my native language, so I called everyone as "hello"
because at the time, that's how I thought people communicate in English.
Of course now that my English is more fluent, I know that not everyone is named "hello"
To start a chat with someone, I should begin with something along the lines of first saying their name

So maybe some of the people who talk to you ingame don't know fluent English, but want to communicate?

Kharjojo
10-31-2015, 01:40 PM
Never said is abnormal lol i've only agreed and said that this game is played by girls too, maybe a little percentage idk, but there aren't only big guys playing.

Titanium
10-31-2015, 01:41 PM
In AL ? I'm calling all my friends from rl "bro"/"sis". Nobody complained before. You should get used with this type of urbanistic vocabular, DOE.

Dex Scene
10-31-2015, 02:20 PM
Never said is abnormal lol i've only agreed and said that this game is played by girls too, maybe a little percentage idk, but there aren't only big guys playing.
Yes its not abnormal.
I never said girls don't play. My guild leader was a girl duh.
I said its obvious to pretend the opposite party is male as the male population in game is larger.

Kriticality
10-31-2015, 02:37 PM
Everyone calls me papa just so you all know. Don't come at me bro with bro.

IGN Papakrit/Paparekt

Energizeric
10-31-2015, 02:48 PM
Sir, can i please have some golds?? Pleeeeaaasssseeeeee!!!!!

Mucsi
10-31-2015, 03:41 PM

Ok bro nu worries

Gabrielcabral
10-31-2015, 04:27 PM
This thread looks sooo imature... its just a way to talk... you cant change it... dont lose your time doing those things of kid... bro... lol

ilhanna
10-31-2015, 04:51 PM
We had a discussion about this on my guild chat almost a year ago when a rogue wondered what was it about her name that made people address her as "bro" or "dude". Some said it's because most AL players are male so people think of others as male by default, to avoid offending anyone (why they don't think it might be offensive to the female players, I have no idea). But one member gave this excuse: it's because the male of the species have limited vocabulary, so every word they say conveys a lot meaning. The meaning of "bro" for instance, runs the gamut from respect to camaraderie to sheer bootlicking. In short we all had a good laugh and concluded the talk by suggesting "Sis is the new Bro" campaign.

But that aside, personally I tend to brush it off when strangers address me as "bro" or "sir". If they beg, I would ignore them anyway. If not, why fuss over something that has no bearing on how I play anyway. I'd rather people think I'm a guy than have them get all weird and flirty when all I want to do is kill monsters.

The only time I correct people's assumption of my gender is when it's my guild mate who makes the mistake. I hate being addressed as sir, but Sir Hanna is just ridiculous.

Midievalmodel
10-31-2015, 04:59 PM
I agree with Arachnophobik on this.

But in my opinion, thats okay.
AL is a global game, not everyone speaks English.
Some try to speak English, but because they don't know it very well,
they hear words like "sir", "bro", or "dude" and they think thats how to talk to people
I remember back when I first arrived in the US,
I knew only my native language, so I called everyone as "hello"
because at the time, that's how I thought people communicate in English.
Of course now that my English is more fluent, I know that not everyone is named "hello"
To start a chat with someone, I should begin with something along the lines of first saying their name

So maybe some of the people who talk to you ingame don't know fluent English, but want to communicate?

Calling everyone hello is better then this uneducated trying to be cool "bro" lingo. Calling everyone hello is kinda cute imo. Could you imagine interviewing for a job and calling all the people you see bro...that would go very well.

Jazzi
10-31-2015, 06:05 PM
We had a discussion about this on my guild chat almost a year ago when a rogue wondered what was it about her name that made people address her as "bro" or "dude". Some said it's because most AL players are male so people think of others as male by default, to avoid offending anyone (why they don't think it might be offensive to the female players, I have no idea). But one member gave this excuse: it's because the male of the species have limited vocabulary, so every word they say conveys a lot meaning. The meaning of "bro" for instance, runs the gamut from respect to camaraderie to sheer bootlicking. In short we all had a good laugh and concluded the talk by suggesting "Sis is the new Bro" campaign.

But that aside, personally I tend to brush it off when strangers address me as "bro" or "sir". If they beg, I would ignore them anyway. If not, why fuss over something that has no bearing on how I play anyway. I'd rather people think I'm a guy than have them get all weird and flirty when all I want to do is kill monsters.

The only time I correct people's assumption of my gender is when it's my guild mate who makes the mistake. I hate being addressed as sir, but Sir Hanna is just ridiculous.

Yes, that is how we males are: a lot of meaning in a few words ;)

Anyway your post reminded me of some really funny (and a bit drunken) nights when I was still a student. Good times :)

xutreuqux
10-31-2015, 08:10 PM
I just call every warriors bro, rogues sis, and mages hi and noone complained yet [emoji14]

Sent from my LG-D410 using Tapatalk

acewasabi
11-01-2015, 01:00 AM
It does get tiresome when maleness is considered the default. I don't think anyone intends disrespect in using it, it's just sad that people obviously always assume you must be male. So what if more males than females play? (though that too is just an assumption). How many males would enjoy being addressed with feminine titles such as sis? As long as all the guys playing feel comfortable, it doesn't matter how many females get called the wrong gender?

I'm not hating, btw. Just somewhat bemused.

Dimitrian
11-01-2015, 01:40 AM
Am i the only one who thinks this thread is pointless? O.O

KingMartin
11-01-2015, 03:35 AM
Well, while I am fine with gold pliz Sir (yeah, mostly kids), one of the famous scammers continued to address me as "bro" from his various toons. So, I am a bit allergic to that title :)

geeman75
11-01-2015, 04:44 AM
Ok I'm from California, we invented the word "dude", and we use it universally it's just a word like saying friend....

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Vvildfire
11-01-2015, 07:51 AM
Tbh I don't mind being called bro or dude, I don't even bother correcting them, it's usually people I'll only talk to once in my lifetime so what does it matter whether they know I'm a girl? ^^
People I do know call me Kiry/Kir/Vvild and tbh I'm fine with that.

Vvildfire
11-01-2015, 08:07 AM
Then there are some people in kragg, "Need rich bf" who imo are male pretending to be female looking for free items/gold.

The really really desperate ones xp

pxckzyt123
11-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Ok bro. Np. :)

Jaffakex
11-01-2015, 03:27 PM
I totally support you, bro. Dude.

Morholt
11-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Cool story, bro.

I'm shocked to see that hasn't been posted yet.
Internet, you have let me down.

Serancha
11-01-2015, 08:16 PM

Haha. Fun fact: the ones that call the GM "Master" never last more than 3 days. Somehow "Mistress" has never caught on either....

ilhanna
11-01-2015, 11:00 PM
Haha. Fun fact: the ones that call the GM "Master" never last more than 3 days. Somehow "Mistress" has never caught on either....

I've been called boss woman, headmistress, and mother superior. :D

Redjellydonut
11-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Yea this kinda is annoying but honestly isnt such a big deal to me hehe

Vixenne
11-01-2015, 11:21 PM
Wow thank you for bringing this up. I swear... I can't imagine any man would name his toon with my ign *facepalm*

Newcomx
11-02-2015, 01:19 AM

This is what happen if we don't have both gender character :D

Dex Scene
11-02-2015, 01:50 AM
I always call my GM Master :P

Xdumbx
11-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Gotta say, kind of pointless thread :p (no offence). People dont mean to offend people by saying bro or dude or what ever. Its like saying "hey man" or something like that. If you get offended by people calling you by this, just tell them to call you something else. Personally I don't care what people call me you can call me nab if you want. :).

Xdumbx
11-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Calling everyone hello is better then this uneducated trying to be cool "bro" lingo. Calling everyone hello is kinda cute imo. Could you imagine interviewing for a job and calling all the people you see bro...that would go very well.

Were I live bro and hello are two differnt type of words. You cant call someone hello, you say Hello bro. Hello is a greeting
:P.

Bluebatthing
11-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Selective reading = problem solved....

Fyrce
11-02-2015, 01:56 PM
I've called GMs "Master" or "Mistress" as a hilarious joke before. Whole groups of us would do it.

However, I find bro way too familiar, in addition to lots of people NOT being male. Not only am I not male, I am also not your brother or your pal or have even ever heard of you.

Sir is better, if a bit formal. But at least, it acknowledges that we are fellow players and not family members or childhood friends.

I'd much prefer my name though.

I also think it's wrong to believe there are not a lot of girls and women playing MMOs. Most of my gaming chat groups are fully represented, though the guys tend to be noisier or more insulting.

Zuorsyra
11-02-2015, 02:47 PM
People call me daddy.

Sariita
11-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Gotta say, kind of pointless thread :p (no offence). People dont mean to offend people by saying bro or dude or what ever. Its like saying "hey man" or something like that. If you get offended by people calling you by this, just tell them to call you something else. Personally I don't care what people call me you can call me nab if you want. :).
It's not pointless. There are more girls in game than all you guys think.
Yes, males are still the mayority. But that's not an excuse for calling everyone bro, dude, or sir.

On Topic:

Yes, I'm a girl. Luckily, for having a girly enough ign, most people call me Sarii, sis, or by my name (only my friends).

Unfortunately, there are still those people who call me bro/dude/sir (it's obvious that most who call you sir are beggars or scammers anyways) knowing that my ign is Sariita... Sure, bro/sir Sarii. So masculine isn't it? Some common sense is needed I guess.

Zuorsyra
11-02-2015, 03:27 PM
You girls are such feminists... Not all men think that women don't play videogames, but yeah some men do. I can't blame them tho, I'm a guy and I've never met a girl in real life who likes videogames, and I'm sure there are others like me. So it's something natural... To think a videogame is played mostly by guys.
And most of these people call you bro, bruh, man, dude, dood because, like someone said they're not part of our western culture.
Not everyone speaks english, and people hear those words in movies everyday, they think that's how we talk.

kinzmet
11-02-2015, 03:33 PM
I gave up explaining for everyone after the first hour playing AL. My IGN are unmistakable female names Warmonica and Caroline (me and my sister's), but still most people will call me bro, dude, sir etc. I got used to it, that I don't mind it now.

Sky_is_epicgear
11-02-2015, 07:48 PM
There's a limit to what humans can do. Since I'm not psychic and cannot tell a person gender by looking at their avatar. I too am guilty of calling stranger's "bro". It never occurred to me that people take offense to this.... And not to be rude but i think its quite immature to be offended by it. You know as well as i do that it's not done it to offend. Its just way of talking unless i do know that you aren't a "bro".

Many guys choose to be rogues as obviously, that class is extremely powerful. I have a rogue and it doesn't bother me in the slightest if someone believes I'm a girl (unless he/she is attempting to flirt -_-").

Come on learn to lighten up ;) You'd prefer if we all went around calling people "sis", and you know what i still wouldn't mind.

ilhanna
11-02-2015, 07:49 PM
You girls are such feminists... Not all men think that women don't play videogames, but yeah some men do. I can't blame them tho, I'm a guy and I've never met a girl in real life who likes videogames, and I'm sure there are others like me. So it's something natural... To think a videogame is played mostly by guys.
And most of these people call you bro, bruh, man, dude, dood because, like someone said they're not part of our western culture.
Not everyone speaks english, and people hear those words in movies everyday, they think that's how we talk.

You guys are such chauvinists... Not all women think that men aren't openminded, but yeah some women do. I can't blame them tho, I'm a woman and I've never met a guy in real life who is openminded, and I'm sure there are others like me. So it's something natural... To think that openmindedness is a feminine trait.

ilhanna
11-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Until I received a naked pic of u proving otherwise you are a bro, dude, sir, shim...

All humans start out as female embryos, until a few weeks in utero, just saying. So saying that male is default is biologically laughable.

And looks can deceive. How about DNA scan?

Royalty
11-02-2015, 09:59 PM
I'm not here to defend the "Womens" aspect NOR the "mens" aspect.

But I agree on the fact that I hate people calling me "Sir" because it's very annoying. The second someone calls me "Sir" I immediately say "No" to them, because I know they are about to Beg for gold, items, ask to "hold item" , Scam, etc. Which it always has been. Only once in my lifetime have I seen someone say Sir and just start a conversation to ask how much my weapon is worth street price...

+1 To against the phrase "Sir"

(PS: Gendered characters wont solve anything due to many players easily being able to lie about their Gender)

Fyrce
11-02-2015, 10:06 PM
I just don't like that the default seems to all be male. Why isn't it ma'am, lady, sis, girl?

Newcomx
11-02-2015, 10:10 PM
This is a game btw. The correct call for other player is call their IGN. Except in real life you're a girl and someone call you bro, then you can be offended, in game you should loosen up a little bit.

Red Dress
11-03-2015, 12:24 AM
I personally am not offended when mistakenly called bro, dude, sir, and so on, but would infinitely preferred to be called by my IGN.
Saying hello and getting straight to the point is good as well!

Everyone should be for gender equality, so don't make it out as a negative thing.
And not all men? You special men sure should give yourself a pat on the back for that.

ClumsyCactus
11-03-2015, 02:02 AM
I just don't like that the default seems to all be male. Why isn't it ma'am, lady, sis, girl?

Why would it be, when the default is males in all other aspects of society?
(As for why it is that way, I don't know)

neuzihi
11-03-2015, 05:36 AM
Gender is not the main point!
Sir/Dude/bro is the common terms for beggars!!!
After seeing pm of bro/sir,then the next msg is ''pls give money''. I hate this kind of culture,beggar everywhere,earn money by urself pls!!!!

Ticklish
11-03-2015, 07:11 AM
I've been called boss woman, headmistress, and mother superior. :D

I got a few young ones so I got stuck with Mama and Madam XD

Kakashis
11-03-2015, 10:56 AM
People call me ma'am/miss and I'm a dude! Maybe my little pink hearts has something to do with it! I take no offence lol I did choose a female character after all!

Xdumbx
11-03-2015, 11:48 AM
It's not pointless. There are more girls in game than all you guys think.
Yes, males are still the mayority. But that's not an excuse for calling everyone bro, dude, or sir.

On Topic:

Yes, I'm a girl. Luckily, for having a girly enough ign, most people call me Sarii, sis, or by my name (only my friends).

Unfortunately, there are still those people who call me bro/dude/sir (it's obvious that most who call you sir are beggars or scammers anyways) knowing that my ign is Sariita... Sure, bro/sir Sarii. So masculine isn't it? Some common sense is needed I guess.
ik there are a lot of girls who play, a lot of my friends are girls. But really i dont think people should freak out over it lol, how are they to tell if u are a girl or a guy, untill you tell them? Its not that big of deal if someone calls me a girl, y freak out over it? no need ;) Only in america people freak out over gender, wc to America people :D. My opinion is that people are people, girls and people, and boys are people, so why freak out over someone calling by the opposite gender? When someone freaks out over being called the opposite gender, it comes off as, they dont like the other gender and they disrespect the other gender. Sorry if I offended anyone! I dont want to offend you.

Arkiouj
11-03-2015, 12:41 PM
What is the point in this thread? It's just a game, a virtual character.

Bluebatthing
11-03-2015, 01:08 PM
For all you know, the "friend" you know as a female in game could be a 40 year old dude living in mom's basement...Point being, it's the interwebbz, people aren't who they say they are. So chill bros/sirz/ma'amz/itz/ladies/he manz/she manz...

Sfubi
11-03-2015, 01:57 PM
simply saying Hello, Hey, or Help is best way to go.

side note: not sure how some of you got so carried away. i guess it was to many exclamation points in my thread title. i will be sure NOT to do that again.

moving forward, i shall start addressing everyone as miss and sis. ya know... just to test the temperment of the majority of the server that is supposedly male
:witless:

Madnex
11-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Why is Beyonce singing "to the left, to the left"?

Because women have no rights. *starts running*

Zuorsyra
11-03-2015, 02:32 PM
L

side note: not sure how some of you got so carried away. i guess it was to many exclamation points in my thread title. i will be sure NOT to do that again.

moving forward, i shall start addressing everyone as miss and sis. ya know... just to test the temperment of the majority of the server that is supposedly male

Hah brilliant idea!

Sfubi
11-03-2015, 02:33 PM

you got a real life LOL from me on that one. well played.

Sky_is_epicgear
11-03-2015, 06:08 PM

Woot woot! ;) gg problem solved!

Y'all can calm down now [emoji14]

Arachnophobik
11-03-2015, 06:12 PM
I never thought a thread about people being called bros, sirs and dudes would be such a hot thread o.o

Sfubi
11-03-2015, 07:12 PM
I never thought a thread about people being called bros, sirs and dudes would be such a hot thread o.o

I was shocked to see that my simple thread was blown up like this...

Geuo
11-03-2015, 10:40 PM
How about all the guys that play as rogues that get the :* pm's from other obviously guy players? Or 'you look cute girl' or 'I buy your bow miss.' The female player base isn't the only one that gets misnamed as the opposite gender.

Newcomx
11-03-2015, 11:18 PM
How about all the guys that play as rogues that get the :* pm's from other obviously guy players? Or 'you look cute girl' or 'I buy your bow miss.' The female player base isn't the only one that gets misnamed as the opposite gender.

Lol... I get that a lot when using my rogue also. I just play along with them. I don't feel the need to announce my real gender except if they ask me.

Dex Scene
11-04-2015, 01:22 AM

I get called sis 3/5 times.
I am yet to get offended by it because i can always correct them. Is that enough for your test of male temperment?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Justg
11-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Cleaned this thread up a little. Please be respectful of each other.

Thx,

- g

Sariita
11-04-2015, 05:08 PM
People call me ma'am/miss and I'm a dude! Maybe my little pink hearts has something to do with it! I take no offence lol I did choose a female character after all!
Um... My pink hearts don't help :(

LOL, Now that we mention Bey... Who run the world? Girls ;)

Sfubi
11-05-2015, 03:46 PM
i have pink hearts and i here bro, dude, sir all day every day LOL

just say hello, free pets/gold/gear please

geeman75
11-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Hey bro I see your post is still going. Good work dude. Keep it up bruh...

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Devoleb
11-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Lol where are we? In a philosophic discussion about life and female minoryties in mmo? :D ppls problems nowadays lol... Why be afraid of such little unimportant things? Just lean back and enjoy the game instead of discussing how to call who for days in a forum meant for discussion ABOUT the content of the game. Have a good jewel hunting bros, dudes, dudines, bruhs, sirs, sisses, ladies, guys, madammes, gentlemans.:)

If you find any mistakes in grammar or something else, you can keep them as a gift :) :p

Fyrce
11-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Haha, I like the idea of calling everyone sis! Or ma'am. Lol!

Sariita
11-05-2015, 11:39 PM
Haha, I like the idea of calling everyone sis! Or ma'am. Lol!
I will start doing that just to see how guys react! This will be fun ;)

Fyrce
11-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Gotta love the males -.-

I started calling everyone who called me dude or bro "mom" or "sis". Interesting how calling girls by male references is considered acceptable, but males are offended when I call them sis or mom. They become quite insistent that they are male -.-

Aziiii
11-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Bro Aziiii ........ soo umm u have an extra Egg??? XD

Insolate
11-17-2015, 12:33 PM
hahahah true

Insolate
11-17-2015, 12:35 PM
bro is just a nice way of talking to pple i havent really thought of how girls react to it

Imsofancy
11-17-2015, 01:23 PM
Not sure if someone else posted this but.

Instead of calling everyone bro or girl, why not call them a gender neutral name? Like comrade?

mesalin
11-17-2015, 01:33 PM
Not sure if someone else posted this but.

Instead of calling everyone bro or girl, why not call them a gender neutral name? Like comrade?
Hey mate xD

<Forgiveness>

Zylx
11-17-2015, 08:25 PM
Gotta love the males -.-

I started calling everyone who called me dude or bro "mom" or "sis". Interesting how calling girls by male references is considered acceptable, but males are offended when I call them sis or mom. They become quite insistent that they are male -.-

Omg hey bro, how are you doing dude? I havent seen you in a while man, so i figured I'd say hello to my boy. Good seein you sir. ^.^