PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Ice Cave Boss

Valsacar
05-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Sorry, can't remember his name... but how do you kill that thing?

I'm now lvl 32 pure dex bird, definately need some better eq (minus a purp bow I found, basically same stuff I've had since mid 20's... can't find better). I tried him with a group of 3-4 (someone dropped out after 3 deaths), even tried buying the big elix... came close once, but after 20 tries everyone gave up. If my defs fade he can drop me in 1 hit, 2 hits if my defs are still up (of course I put them up as soon as possible, but since they fade before I can recast there's a window of instant death).

Sorcererssoul
05-29-2011, 09:05 AM
This boss is fridge right?
I would not even try it with a lvl 32 bird.
Even a lvl 50 has a hard time soloing, think he even dies if he isnt a bear.
I think if you farm fridge, you need a lvl 50 party, but i dont know that for sure.
Maybe some of the older players know a way

thugimmortal
05-29-2011, 09:09 AM
fridge is a very hard boss at your level ive seen him own level 50 players lol
your best bet is to kite him and beat him at distance.
if he attacks you its game over
he has little hp but his attack is powerful

Orcish
05-29-2011, 09:20 AM
I kill him all the time, feel free to add me.

Valsacar
05-29-2011, 09:30 AM
I kill him all the time, feel free to add me.

I might just do that next time I get on.

Yvonnel
05-29-2011, 09:31 AM
We use to beat him back in the day with lv 30-35 parties. Never tried soloing him at that level tho. That would have been a pain in the backside.

Valsacar
05-29-2011, 09:34 AM
We use to beat him back in the day with lv 30-35 parties. Never tried soloing him at that levek tho. That would have been a pain in the backside.

I'm a stubborn bastard. ;)

Yvonnel
05-29-2011, 09:37 AM

Ha!! Its cool, to each his own. I like to solo keeper with my mage so, I get it.

thugimmortal
05-29-2011, 09:42 AM

im sorry dude could you please tone down the language
there are children here on the forum.
the word was used in the wrong context

Darkfader
05-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Very tough to solo, but you can try to empty room first and then when only fridge left, rush in and start killing and run circle in room. Do not use repulse f he won't get close to you. ;)

kjzhu9
05-29-2011, 11:48 AM
the problem with kiting or even running away is that he freezes u and then is able to kill u in 1 or 2 hits... ive only beat him with 2 lvl 50s on my side ... it was kinda funny when one lvl 50 came along and thought he was so good took off his shield and wep and go boxer style... needless to say he died quickly

Valsacar
05-29-2011, 11:54 AM

Tone down the language?

Merriam-Webster

"1
: an illegitimate child
: something that is spurious, irregular, inferior, or of questionable origin
a : an offensive or disagreeable person —used as a generalized term of abuse"

2. Something that is irregular, I'm more stubborn than the normal person.

Example from Merriam-Webster: "Congratulations on getting the job, you lucky bastard!"

1. I'm stubborn, and my parents were never married, therefore an illegitimate child by that definition.

I'm sorry if some children don't know their vocabulary and assume words their friends misuse or use as an insult are in fact "bad words" that their innocent eyes should not see.

thugimmortal
05-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Tone down the language?

Merriam-Webster

"1
: an illegitimate child
: something that is spurious, irregular, inferior, or of questionable origin
a : an offensive or disagreeable person —used as a generalized term of abuse"

2. Something that is irregular, I'm more stubborn than the normal person.

Example from Merriam-Webster: "Congratulations on getting the job, you lucky bastard!"

1. I'm stubborn, and my parents were never married, therefore an illegitimate child by that definition.

I'm sorry if some children don't know their vocabulary and assume words their friends misuse or use as an insult are in fact "bad words" that their innocent eyes should not see.

lol ok O.o

Ayrilana
05-29-2011, 12:32 PM
the problem with kiting or even running away is that he freezes u and then is able to kill u in 1 or 2 hits... ive only beat him with 2 lvl 50s on my side ... it was kinda funny when one lvl 50 came along and thought he was so good took off his shield and wep and go boxer style... needless to say he died quickly

Each race has a skill that breaks his freeze. I used to farm him until the green ice items became so cheap that it wasn't worth the time.

Otukura
05-29-2011, 02:21 PM
lol ok O.o

they do have a 'bastard' sword in game, so I don't think it's too out of it.

Thegodofgreen
05-31-2011, 12:10 AM
I had an idea that fire damage based weapons ( fire proc ) would do more dmg to him also armor with descriptions like "armor is made to keep the cold out" "its like living in a fridge" " mmm frosty " or flame armor ect... might null dmg. Not to sure cause I don't want to spend cash and it fails also 3-4 hits I'm dropped. A group or mid 30s - low 40s died trying

Piosidon
06-01-2011, 10:10 PM

Havent you noticed a weapon called "bastard sword?"

Piosidon
06-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Oops only read first page not second. Didn't see the bastard thing already on there

Fyrce
06-02-2011, 06:11 PM
You have to kite, break his freeze and use all your skills to slow him down, keep him away and debuff him. His hps are not that great. He just hits hard.

Valsacar
06-04-2011, 11:33 AM
He finally died... took some trash can punch, lots of kiting, lots of pots (stupid freeze) and a few tries... but he killed me solo so I killed him solo :P

zappaxe
06-04-2011, 06:27 PM
when my bird was 53 i tried to solo and got destroyed

Valsacar
06-04-2011, 10:23 PM
It wasn't easy :P

ilbetyoubeg
06-05-2011, 01:17 PM
My enchantress with dual build (str and int) can kill him quit easy. Even solo. Pls add me in game.

Ilbetyoubeg
Pls say ur name