PDA

View Full Version : lvls 34-35

amn624
05-31-2010, 08:23 AM
These lvls are ridiculously tough. My Kill/Death ratio has been dropping like a rock even with quite a few revives along the way by kindly mages. I think the Enchantress has a very tough assignment against everyone of these bosses, most of which can kill you with a single shot.

And by the way, that is my single most intense criticism of the entire game. If there is no way to survive or defend against a single shot, you can be stuck in a loop where your party is surrounded by enemies and even if revived, you are shot down again immediately. Some have suggested, just wait to accept the revive. That does not always work out. Eventually everyone in the party is gone and bosses may still be around you. Besides which, with the message screen blocking your view, you can't even determine whether it is safe to revive or not.

I've brought this up four times now, developers PLEASE alleviate this problem. The best solution would be to have pots completely filled upon revive and/or a half-second to one second invulnerability to be able to at least run.

Re the single shot death, you can't even run from some of the bosses, they are considerably faster than you. Again, this is the most dissatisfying aspect of the game for me, leaves me very frustrated and almost wanting to set the game aside forever.

Back to the point, I was able to get through 34 fairly quickly, always latching on the the right group, with 2 bears, an archer or two and another mage or two. BEARS ARE NEEDED IN THE PARTY if you want to lvl up to 34 and 35!!!

Lvl 35 has been quite a different experience. Seems every group I'm in is underpopulated by bears and overpopulated by mages, so we can never do enough damage and we just run around reviving each other. Take my word for it, if you want to lvl out at the top quickly, find BEARS.

At one point last night, I was on with one other mage and we doggedly went through one screen in lvl 34 or 35, over and over again, both dying, until we cleared one area and then just gave up. I scored no more than 12 XP. Ftw? Same happened this morning, slightly different setup.

I've already dropped a considerable amount on elixirs and will probably not do so again. No matter how you slice it, elixirs cost real money and the single shot deal is enough to turn me off. Give me a chance to respond or defend and I'll be a lot happier.

- Mysteriane (Enchantress needs 121 xp for 35!)

Neurion
05-31-2010, 10:31 AM
No you dont need elixirs at all. But you're right you need a reliable tank when grinding the swamps. The same works for tanks, they can survive big hits but they cant do very big damages so they also need mages/archers.

Trust me, even if you are invincible for one second, the moment your invulnerability runs out one of the mage frogs will hit you and lock you from running. Life/Mana filled after revive? Nah, will make swamps very easy. It was already suggested that full hp/mp should be given to lvl 5 Revive skill, but even without that, IMO there isn't a problem with the current swamp's difficulty. Sure one-hit deaths suck, but they're "Bosses" for a reason. If you're trapped in a revive-die-revive-die loop then you and your team are doing it WRONG. If you feel that you'll most probably die again with your team then respawn, regroup, rebuff. Sure it's a long walk back but the mobs you gathered are re-dispersed and you're not trapped in that risky situation you hate so much.

amn624
05-31-2010, 10:45 AM
No you dont need elixirs at all. But you're right you need a reliable tank when grinding the swamps. The same works for tanks, they can survive big hits but they cant do very big damages so they also need mages/archers.

Trust me, even if you are invincible for one second, the moment your invulnerability runs out one of the mage frogs will hit you and lock you from running. Life/Mana filled after revive? Nah, will make swamps very easy. It was already suggested that full hp/mp should be given to lvl 5 Revive skill, but even without that, IMO there isn't a problem with the current swamp's difficulty. Sure one-hit deaths suck, but they're "Bosses" for a reason. If you're trapped in a revive-die-revive-die loop then you and your team are doing it WRONG. If you feel that you'll most probably die again with your team then respawn, regroup, rebuff. Sure it's a long walk back but the mobs you gathered are re-dispersed and you're not trapped in that risky situation you hate so much.

You're right, elixirs are not really necessary.

Re the one-hit deaths, there are times you have no idea what hit you because you never even saw it coming. That's mainly what I'm objecting to. It's a game, just give me a chance to react and respond.

You're also right about the probability that the group is doing it "wrong" but most of the time, I am playing with those I've never played with before or played with once or twice. I try the typical tactics and am not going to be pleased when they do not work. Depending upon the group, I could be kiting, staying back to heal/revive, luring and pulling, so it's not as if I'm just standing around waiting to be killed.

I also understand that bosses are supposed to be tough, but one shot kills (especially when they seem to come from nowhere) are really beyond the pale. I can't begin to tell you the number of times I've seen those in my group complaining, "wtf?!" That's not what it's supposed to be all about.

This all means there is probably a very fine line between too easy and too tough and as we have gratefully all found out already, the developers are constantly on the case and adjusting if need be. I think they are doing a fantastic job but input and feedback are part of the process. This is my feedback.

- Mysteriane (still lvl 34+ Enchantress)

Neurion
05-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Feedback is cool. But if you have played other MMOs, boss hits that make everyone go WTF are not rare.

Regarding the coming out of nowhere, I'm pretty sure you know well what to expect when you're walking in a boss territory. If you got KOed then it's either a melee boss was just beside you, or a range boss saw you or one of your teammates. Eitherway, it's not out of nowhere.

Edatx
05-31-2010, 10:29 PM
If you're not using Mana Shield a lot in PvE you should be, it is a necessary tool for survival.

...so is running around like a wussy when you have boss agro ;)

Kirei
05-31-2010, 11:32 PM

that is my gaming specialty =P

Ogediah
05-31-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm an asshole, so I had to point this out:

No matter how you slice it, elixirs cost real money

you can buy elixirs with gold... which is not "real money."

Cascade
05-31-2010, 11:43 PM
I thought you could only buy elixirs with platinum.

EDIT:Watch your language.

amn624
06-01-2010, 06:55 AM
If you're not using Mana Shield a lot in PvE you should be, it is a necessary tool for survival.

I don't know if others have seen this but more often than not, the instant the mana shield goes up, you are targeted. I think Drain is a better spell (I use both maxxed out).

amn624
06-01-2010, 07:00 AM
I thought you could only buy elixirs with platinum.

EDIT:Watch your language.

In the Swamps, you can buy them for Gold, so I certainly wasn't 100% correct. Still....it's a huge expense of resources that I suspect will be put to better use in the game in the months ahead. If you run low on gold by buying elixirs, you may eventually have to buy gold with P that you bought with "real" money.

FluffNStuff
06-01-2010, 11:40 AM
If by elixirs you mean mana refills then I spam them like crazy. As a nightmare bombing enchantress, I always buy them by the hundred pack, and prefer two hundred going into the swamps. They are expensive, and you don't get much money in the swamps to replenish them. What I do for that is load up a private game of Forest Haven (usually start around level 5) and clear levels for cash. Use few potions, and it is quick because as an AOE mage you can run in, get em to surround you, let off a combo, and you kill ten in one shot. Can get about 1 - 2K by clearing the whole forest haven. Your other option is of course to sell pinks for potion money, but that is getting harder to do.

amn624
06-01-2010, 11:46 AM
If by elixirs you mean mana refills.....

No, we were discussing elixirs (speed, experience, armor etc.).

Agreed on getting 100 mana buckets at a time, though. I haven't farmed for cash yet and may have to do that until the Aliens arrive. Or I could just work on getting my Archer to lvl up.

Obliteration
06-01-2010, 12:21 PM
34-35 is almost the same as 33-34. I got 30-35 the day the expansion came out with my Archer.... Easy to level.

Esus
06-02-2010, 01:19 AM
I had no real problems getting both my Warrior and Mage to lvl 35 in the last month. And before u say anything, I played alot with random groups in random games. I did waste a huge amount of gold on the exp pots, so, other than that I didn't have any major problems at all. I will admit that getting to 35 from lvl 34 is agony...I just wanted to get there and start getting good gear.

maneut
06-02-2010, 01:26 AM
No, we were discussing elixirs (speed, experience, armor etc.).

Agreed on getting 100 mana buckets at a time, though. I haven't farmed for cash yet and may have to do that until the Aliens arrive. Or I could just work on getting my Archer to lvl up.

Hehe.. don't worry girl. You'll meet some good Bears to help out with the Exp-ing.. I know 34-35 is painful... cause everyone just wants to farm once they hit like 30 :p I know I did.. I practically farm my way from 31 to 35 lol..

amn624
06-02-2010, 07:47 AM
I did waste a huge amount of gold on the exp pots, so, other than that I didn't have any major problems at all. I will admit that getting to 35 from lvl 34 is agony.

Well, those were my two main problems. It was agony to 35. Getting to 34 was a good deal easier. I was thinking I must've spent 6000 on potions but now realize I probably spent more like 12,000 on potions because I am soooo poor. That's expensive!!! [Hint: if you don't buy them 100 at a time, you're stark raving loony]

I also spent probably 1500 and 1 P on elixirs to test them out and they were great but trust me, dying when you have four minutes to go is so freaking frustrating that I'm not doing that again. Afaic, it's a waste. If you're going to buy elixirs, you must 1) buy them at the very beginning of a dungeon when everyone is grouping and 2) buy them with a full group of bears and archers since even a revive is not going to save your elixir/gold.

And now that I have good gear and a mess of purples and pinks to sell, I see the market is overvalued. more about that later on another forum.

Esus
06-02-2010, 09:44 AM
"Overvalued"...that's a nice way of sayin that 98% of the people in towne are greedy little SOBs. I don't really get it, why is everyone so gold hungry?

amn624
06-02-2010, 03:54 PM
"Overvalued"...that's a nice way of sayin that 98% of the people in towne are greedy little SOBs. I don't really get it, why is everyone so gold hungry?

Sure. If you can spend 12k-15k on potions and elixirs just to get through one really hard level in the Swamps, think what the Aliens might require. Doesn't figure that the game is going to get easier; it will probably become more difficult to progress. Just look at what it take to advance a level now, like 850 xp, right?

Besides, gold may be needed for other stuff that comes up, like pets. Personally, when I'm on later, I'm going to lower the price for my pinks and purples. The market is nuts and I don't see any buyers out there.