PDA

View Full Version : Character School

davidis57
05-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Seems to be more new inexperienced players than there ever was. I was so frustrated yesterday every group I joined some stupid tank was stomping mobs all over place. Many times I died cause the mobs were pushed into me. I was playing my mage. Bears my job was to keep your sorry butt alive yet your style of play was wiping me out.

So, what we need is character school for all three classes. Those bored high levels, like me once I finish 5 levels on my mage, we should go to FH and offer to teach new players the basics of their class. Have a graduation were we give them a weapon to help them. We could offer it free of charge cause that way new players would want to take advantage of it. Days and times would be up to.the teacher. When I get my mage to 55 I will offer assistance for bird and mage. Some of you who have been playing mage longer could do a lot better job than me.

Fyrce
05-30-2011, 01:08 AM
There are actually posts on how to play each class.

However, when I was newer, I remember spending a lot of time teaching groups what to do. There are people who will not listen. For your own sanity and play experience, you need to bale on those people ASAP.

For those that will listen: when a bear stomps, say, "Corner pls" or "Wall" if you're in a hallway. Tell birds to scream, mages to nightmare/weakness, bears to scream also, birds to root, mages to cast blessings, etc. Basically know what you need from those group members and train your group. Some people do not know how to play in a group or never really learned how to use their skills. I remember teaching birds and bears how to do their terror combo at a time when most people did not even know birds and bears had a combo together. The common belief was that a mage was needed.

In other words, if you do not have enough friends to play with or just want to meet new people, CREATE a group you can run with by helping them to use their skills. If you notice people never using their skills (mana bars always at full), tell them what to do.

Of course, that might mean you will need to learn yourself about the other classes.

After awhile, you will discover most of the time you will only need you, another person and maybe one other to know what they're doing to make a good group. The rest of the slots can be anyone as long as they do not disrupt the group. So you train, friend ones who try to learn or play well already, and eventually you will always play in groups with one or more friends, which makes ending up in groups who do not know what to do much less frequent or almost never.

davidis57
05-30-2011, 01:55 AM
I noticed more ppl lvling in there 40's and lower 50's soloing in places where its hard enough even for full group's. Players 48-49 trying to solo sewers. If you look at the map lists you see 1 in many of the maps which require good groups. I think are these players nuts? They get more XP from full groups. Players die once and leave, solo when they should group. Invite you to their group they are the first to leave. These are just a few problems players from all classes do or don't do.

kjzhu9
05-30-2011, 10:58 AM
hmm im a lvl 40 bear atm and i hope im doing the rite stuff lol... if theres a school id prob spend half in hour in it and id be willing to pay say 10k