PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day, moment of silence. Read if u care about the men and women who died.

Magicfrost
05-29-2011, 09:21 PM
As everybody knows memorial day starts in a few hours. I would love it for everybody to take a moment of silence for the men and women who sacrificed their lives for this country. Over 250,000 people died. Recently the last world war I veteran died at the age of 111 i think. People are so happy for memorial day because the vanity items etc. But they dont realize some holidays like tomorrow is not a very happy one. God bless the USA. Ive had 2 family members who died in the heat of a battle and i will be celebrating tomorrow. Memorial day A.K.A decoration day.

P.S is it possible for devs to like go on the little chat thing everybody can see and play Star Spangled Banner that would be very cool.

Simnar
05-29-2011, 09:40 PM
this is way cool but im me so

Roasty
05-29-2011, 09:54 PM
I respect you and this thread, very powerful :)

Samhayne
05-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey Magicfrost,

Thanks for starting this thread. However, we have to keep in mind that some people come to play Pocket Legends to escape from the issues of the real world. While we appreciate everything that the US holiday of Memorial Day stands for, we don't want to force it upon anyone. Also, we have people playing from over 200 countries in the world. While many of those countries have their own Memorial Days, we do keep in mind that it is a US holiday and again, don't want to force it upon anyone.

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne

Ogden
05-30-2011, 04:10 AM
I am from Holland and we do this on the fourth of may and we celebrate it on the fifth. I think remembering the ones who sacrificed their lives is a great thing. Good thing we can be quiet for a few minutes to remember them and we are free to do that. Great thing to make this topic!

Slush
05-30-2011, 04:20 AM
Same here in New Zealand in Aus. We have an Anzac day for the people who died at Gallipoli in WWI, horrible mistake what happened.

apocketlegend
05-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks, Im proud of you for starting this thread