PDA

View Full Version : Remiem's Weekly Community Update | November 4, 2015

Remiem
11-04-2015, 02:14 PM
It's raining--jewels!

Greetings Legends, and welcome to your weekly community update!

Announcements

Drink up, drop jewels.

Okay, so they aren't RAINING, but we do have a special new surprise for you legends out there who have been hard at work farming jewels. Introducing, Jewel Elixirs. This new elixir will arrive in game tomorrow and can be consumed to temporarily grant you the chance to magically coalesce a jewel type of your choice from damage dealt to a PvE enemy.

Jewel Elixirs will cost 8 platinum and grant you this special power 15 minutes. It even has a rare chance to drop a damaged jewel! But, remember, even the most powerful elixir can't make jewels drop where they do not. So, if you're after a particular jewel, you'll want to make sure you're farming in the appropriate zones.

Not sure where your favorite jewel drops? Check out Ravager's awesome guide to drop locations, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?243927-Jewel-Drop-info

Game News and Updates

The Kraken Mines are Now Open--to Everyone!

The Kraken Mines have long been a farming destination for Arlorians everywhere. Starting tomorrow, we remove the level requirement so that players of any level can now join their friends in the Kraken Mines zones.

Game Updates & Bug Fixes

+ Reduced the brightness of the Mythic Set visual effects.

Coming Soon

Did someone say BIRTHDAY? Arcane Legends' 3rd birthday is coming up fast. Tell us--what do YOU want for your birthday, Arlor?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Next?

What do you want to see next, folks? Let us know in the comments what you would like to see us put our attention on next and share your most brilliant ideas. I'll see you in next week's update!

Darkluciferx
11-04-2015, 02:45 PM
First!!! ty :)

onadraosari
11-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Wow! Nice. Give us Arcane ring for 3rd bday ;). Joke
not bad to get ankh kits for bday :)

Titanium
11-04-2015, 02:54 PM

The Kraken Mines have long been a farming destination for Arlorians everywhere. Starting tomorrow, we remove the level requirement so that players of any level can now join their friends in the Kraken Mines zones.

Nice addition. I'm one of those people who asks his friends to join kraken mines so I could get there aswell. Thanks ! hahaha

Titanium
11-04-2015, 02:56 PM
I want to ask for one more small addition. How about don't make us delete jewels one by one. Group them like essences. For example Cracked Chaos Jewel x 10

Maarkus
11-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Take 5...(5 weekly updates have passed without STS comments)

Thanks for the update.

I would like to request for:

1. STS to address the prevailent classism in the game, which has been conveniently ignored (numerous posts and suggestions but no concrete replies on potential actions by STS)

2. Gear progression, new gear with the right progression to be distributed among exising maps as boss drops to encourage farming. Dont worry about imbalance as the game is already imbalanced might aswell release gear that makes our toons progress as no matter what gear you dish out it will not solve the imbalance issue which is rooted in the skill system.

3. Combined jewel recipes to replace the reinforced and enchanted eye gems. (eg. Noble
Fury/finesse/mind combined with noble diamond to give +8str/dex/int and +27armor to replace the reinforced gems)

4. Ingame currency such as orc tags/tooth/planar fragments to be convertable to platimun to encourage farming

5. More inventory space

6. STS to review Warrior efficiency in PVE

7. Keep your word, integrity means a lot to players.

Thanks for reading

Stefandeaconu
11-04-2015, 02:57 PM
are those elixirs tradeble?

Iisolah
11-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Is the elixir only avaliable for plat users? :(

DarrenPR
11-04-2015, 03:40 PM
Man, 8 plat for 15 minutes? Double the price, half the time as other elixirs? This idea SOUNDS good on the outset, but unless it guarantees you always pick your jewel, and the devs are boosting the drop rate without letting us know, many players will find that the drop rate is still bad, and the elixir gets wasted.

Crostalker
11-04-2015, 03:41 PM
Nice to hear about elixirs. :)

Remiem
11-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Take 5...(5 weekly updates have passed without STS comments)

Thanks for the update.

I would like to request for:

1. STS to address the prevailent classism in the game, which has been conveniently ignored (numerous posts and suggestions but no concrete replies on potential actions by STS)

2. Gear progression, new gear with the right progression to be distributed among exising maps as boss drops to encourage farming. Dont worry about imbalance as the game is already imbalanced might aswell release gear that makes our toons progress as no matter what gear you dish out it will not solve the imbalance issue which is rooted in the skill system.

3. Combined jewel recipes to replace the reinforced and enchanted eye gems. (eg. Noble
Fury/finesse/mind combined with noble diamond to give +8str/dex/int and +27armor to replace the reinforced gems)

4. Ingame currency such as orc tags/tooth/planar fragments to be convertable to platimun to encourage farming

5. More inventory space

6. STS to review Warrior efficiency in PVE

7. Keep your word, integrity means a lot to players.

Thanks for reading

Hey Maarkus,

We definitely hear your suggestions each week and always take them into consideration when making new updates. To address some of your concerns:

+ Balance is an ongoing process. We are actively looking at balance for each class and will make changes over time. We wish it was a switch we could flip. :) But we have to make baby steps, one at a time, toward a more balanced Arlor. Trust us, it's always on our minds.

+ We understand your desire for new gear, but we must disagree with throwing balance out the window. This year we have made great leaps in creating a predictable gear progression and working toward a balanced and sustainable itemization structure that will keep the game going for a long time to come. We are also always looking into feedback on skills and how they impact game balance. We would love to hear your suggestions on specific changes.

+ Converting currency to platinum: This is a great idea, but it is important for the game economy, and our business, that platinum remain obtainable for real currency (or free offers) only. It's what keeps Spacetime and the Arcane Legends servers running. :)

+ More inventory space: This comes up quite often and is something we are considering for the future. Stay tuned!

+ Combined jewel recipes: Another solid suggestion. Thank you! For now, we have a pretty good idea of where we would like the jewel system to go and are allowing it to play out a bit before making any major changes. We hope you'll enjoy the Jewel Elixirs as a new way to get the jewels that you want.

As for keeping our word, we do our absolute best to remain clear, transparent and truthful no matter what. While unexpected things do happen sometimes, we are committed to providing you all the best game experience that we can, both in game and within the forum community.

Thanks so much for your dedication and contribution to the community. :)

Avaree
11-04-2015, 04:04 PM
It would be fun to see added drops to bosses, e.g. orc fangs, damaged or weak *stat* jewels, or rare token to be used at naxbox. As it is now with the elite garetta maps, we skip bosses due to the lack of surprise of what is going to drop.

(Also the planar arena master chests dont offer anything fun either, (maybe a vial) an added higher tier *stat* jewel, or a naxbox token, would be better than the current pink items looted.)

ilhanna
11-04-2015, 04:17 PM
+1 for overhaul of arena loot table. Omit the Shade/Noble gear. Scrap the Planar gear too while you're at it. Then put in primary stat and chaos jewels.

kinzmet
11-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Only 15mins for 8 platinum?

I like the idea, but can you half the prize? Or double the time at least?

ilhanna
11-04-2015, 04:31 PM
And for the anniversary, can we have a prize for exploring all the regions of Arlor? Give a solid reason to run in maps other than Ren'gol and Planar. Something to make us sweep through all the elites again, to find something or complete something. The maps and their challenges are part of the reason I love AL and I would love to retrace the journey again for the anniversary.

forumspammer
11-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Hey Maarkus,

We definitely hear your suggestions each week and always take them into consideration when making new updates. To address some of your concerns:

+ Balance is an ongoing process. We are actively looking at balance for each class and will make changes over time. We wish it was a switch we could flip. :) But we have to make baby steps, one at a time, toward a more balanced Arlor. Trust us, it's always on our minds.

+ We understand your desire for new gear, but we must disagree with throwing balance out the window. This year we have made great leaps in creating a predictable gear progression and working toward a balanced and sustainable itemization structure that will keep the game going for a long time to come. We are also always looking into feedback on skills and how they impact game balance. We would love to hear your suggestions on specific changes.

+ Converting currency to platinum: This is a great idea, but it is important for the game economy, and our business, that platinum remain obtainable for real currency (or free offers) only. It's what keeps Spacetime and the Arcane Legends servers running. :)

+ More inventory space: This comes up quite often and is something we are considering for the future. Stay tuned!

+ Combined jewel recipes: Another solid suggestion. Thank you! For now, we have a pretty good idea of where we would like the jewel system to go and are allowing it to play out a bit before making any major changes. We hope you'll enjoy the Jewel Elixirs as a new way to get the jewels that you want.

As for keeping our word, we do our absolute best to remain clear, transparent and truthful no matter what. While unexpected things do happen sometimes, we are committed to providing you all the best game experience that we can, both in game and within the forum community.

At last you answered him, getting tired on seeing it copy-posted that same post in every community update.

Motherless_Child
11-04-2015, 04:51 PM
FOr the price of 8 plat and only 15 mins of luck there should at least be a certainty of receiving nothing but mind, fury, finesse, chaos, or damaged diamond jewels when running then planar tombs or elite garetta.......

ilhanna
11-04-2015, 04:52 PM

+1 especially since the maps where stat jewels drop aren't exactly packed with mobs you can breeze to make the most of the 15 minute time window.

Carapace
11-04-2015, 05:01 PM

Hey Kinzmet,

While it sounds expensive, we feel the price point justifies the accelerated rate at which you can farm jewels with these elixirs, we're looking forward to seeing how you guys like them!

To provide more details on how the Jewel Elixirs work:

- You can purchase an elixir for a specific jewel type. You can also purchase multiple jewel elixir types to farm different jewels at the same time, provided the zone drops the jewels you are trying to farm. You cannot purchase multitudes of a specific elixir, the current one must fall off first.

- Jewel Elixirs count down in ALL PvE zones, but not in Town or PvP. This means if you buy a Water Jewel Elixir and a Chaos Jewel Elixir, then proceed to farm in a zone where Water Jewels do not drop you will lose the benefit of the Water Jewel Elixir so choose wisely.

- Jewel Elixirs are not tradeable at this time, they apply directly to you once purchased from the vendor

What do you mean coalesce jewel? Does this mean form jewels in our inventory!? Does this mean new type of jewels?

Coalesce?
This is a fancy word for "form" basically. What this means is that it will generate and place in your inventory the a jewel of the Elixir type that is active when the proc goes off! GM has played with this and in one hot streak of about 5 minutes he acquired about 8 or 9 cracked jewels of the elixir he was testing.

It's important to note Jewel Elixirs proc off of damage dealt, and not on death of an NPC! Be sure to layer on your DoT abilities and watch the jewels come flying in!

Zeus
11-04-2015, 05:19 PM
640 platinum per noble...roughly.

I appreciate the fix to the jewel system but the grand system before would give us better stats and if we wished to plat our way...it wouldn't be 640 platinum per perfect (according to GM's loot rate).

It's really just too expensive...

poplokat
11-04-2015, 05:30 PM
1m gold 😊☺😁

poplokat
11-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Cool uptade !😀😀

Carapace
11-04-2015, 05:37 PM
640 platinum per noble...roughly.

I appreciate the fix to the jewel system but the grand system before would give us better stats and if we wished to plat our way...it wouldn't be 640 platinum per perfect (according to GM's loot rate).

It's really just too expensive...

It's a delicate balance between introducing enough jewels to be appropriate without breaking jewel farming for the rest of the game. Once these jewels are added to the world there is no removing them outside of upgrading which will likely have an effect on secondary economy for sought after jewels like Chaos and Fury. It's a legitimate concern on both ends of the spectrum, and we feel this is a great starting point for playing with such things that sits somewhere in the middle.

This is also a weekend event and not a permanent addition to the elixir inventory.

DarrenPR
11-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Hey Kinzmet,

While it sounds expensive, we feel the price point justifies the accelerated rate at which you can farm jewels with these elixirs, we're looking forward to seeing how you guys like them!

- You can purchase an elixir for a specific jewel type. You can also purchase multiple jewel elixir types to farm different jewels at the same time, provided the zone drops the jewels you are trying to farm. You cannot purchase multitudes of a specific elixir, the current one must fall off first.

- Jewel Elixirs count down in ALL PvE zones, but not in Town or PvP. This means if you buy a Water Jewel Elixir and a Chaos Jewel Elixir, then proceed to farm in a zone where Water Jewels do not drop you will lose the benefit of the Water Jewel Elixir so choose wisely.

- Jewel Elixirs are not tradeable at this time, they apply directly to you once purchased from the vendor

Coalesce?
This is a fancy word for "form" basically. What this means is that it will generate and place in your inventory the a jewel of the Elixir type that is active when the proc goes off! GM has played with this and in one hot streak of about 5 minutes he acquired about 8 or 9 cracked jewels of the elixir he was testing.

It's important to note Jewel Elixirs proc off of damage dealt, and not on death of an NPC! Be sure to layer on your DoT abilities and watch the jewels come flying in!

Hmm, thanks for the info. I am now less skeptical of this new elixir. I hope I do not find myself disappointed.

sunny2306
11-04-2015, 05:46 PM
Did someone say "not treadeable"? o.O

Ticklish
11-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Remi/Carapace, will there be a difference in jewel drop rate if we farm elite versus normal maps? Since we can farm the main stats jewels in rengol, would farming normal rengol yield the same number of finesse jewels as if with elite rengol?

Spell
11-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Did someone say "not treadeable"? o.O

Oh gosh my hopes when up then suddenly dropped.... U.U why not make them lixers tradable ? Sts still makes $$ either way right?sts would make alot more monies if the elixirs were tradable!
Do u guys expect plat users to farm @.@?

xmami
11-04-2015, 06:03 PM
I would definitely like to see 2x dragkin teeth odds or 2 dragkin teeth dropping at the normal rate(just for a short event).

If you guys think that's not an appropriate idea. At least give us a chance to loot them during the birthday party event in birthday chests or something.
I would like a cupcake vanity for rogues for this birthday party..some katy perry type of stuff XD (hahaha just a joke...or is it? O.o)
Um make this birthday party really fun and cute like candy land lol..cute vanities..a chance of dragkin teeth, ankhs, orc tags?, Respec, etc.

Hope this brings a lil more life back to Arlor :3

KingMartin
11-04-2015, 06:07 PM
This is also a weekend event and not a permanent addition to the elixir inventory.

Now I do not know wheather to express my thanks or not. So, we will be able to buy the elixirs only during limited time? If I understand correctly, I can't buy them for later use because I won't be allowed to buy another one until the first one expires, right?

But more important - it is a great idea to give the twinks an opportunity to collect essences and crates in KM3 in the same time during event. I hope this change is permanent?

Zeus
11-04-2015, 06:10 PM
It's a delicate balance between introducing enough jewels to be appropriate without breaking jewel farming for the rest of the game. Once these jewels are added to the world there is no removing them outside of upgrading which will likely have an effect on secondary economy for sought after jewels like Chaos and Fury. It's a legitimate concern on both ends of the spectrum, and we feel this is a great starting point for playing with such things that sits somewhere in the middle.

Fair enough, but may you at least make them tradeabke? Or, alternatively, sell platinum kits similar to the ones awarded in LB?

Platinum users buy platinum to avoid the farming cost...so for this to work, the elixirs need to be tradeable.

Just my opinion, don't want to come off as too demanding. This is better than no fix at all to the system and that is much appreciated.

diimitrii
11-04-2015, 06:39 PM
It would be fun to see added drops to bosses, e.g. orc fangs, damaged or weak *stat* jewels, or rare token to be used at naxbox. As it is now with the elite garetta maps, we skip bosses due to the lack of surprise of what is going to drop.

(Also the planar arena master chests dont offer anything fun either, (maybe a vial) an added higher tier *stat* jewel, or a naxbox token, would be better than the current pink items looted.)
Yesterday i opened 43 chests ans only got trash :/

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE TOUCH 4033D met Tapatalk

mesalin
11-04-2015, 07:02 PM
We had already gems in arena chests. What about weak jewels there? Or standard would be more better cause it will worth. Hmmm reinforced fury, chaos, mind and finesse.
It will add stat of +3/+4 ( str , int etc etc depends on jewel ) and an amount of armor which give diamond jewel.

<Forgiveness>

xxSkyxx
11-04-2015, 07:22 PM
I don't understand why these elixirs aren't tradable.. It's not going to hurt platinum purchase but on the contrary will drive platinum sales up as many people will buy to sell for gold!

Kakashis
11-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Let's make a sns a token pet!

DarrenPR
11-04-2015, 07:59 PM

Information like this should really be in the original announcement. The original post by Remiem makes the elixir sound like a permanent addition to the elixirs.

Sfubi
11-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Maybe the elixir is non tradeable because they feel it is best at this time to limit the effect it could have on the economy.

If the elixir was tradeable we would stuff every alt inentory with the elixirs and have an unlimited supply of jewels. At least this is what I would do :-)

Excuses
11-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Wow. Nice update we will have.

I was going to ask a place or open km3 to farm crates for twinks because Jarl has lost his place. And it is going to be happen! Thanks a lot.
Hope it's not too difficult for low level to farm.

And jewel lix sound good to me too.
Still wants better stats on them tho.

Looking forward to seeing them.

Alhuntrazeck
11-04-2015, 09:01 PM
Hey Maarkus,

Hi,

Regarding gear balance, please explain this:

New mythic gun versus boulder gun. Progression, right?

sipackong
11-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Wow,,,nice make it tradable sts ;)

Bameely
11-04-2015, 09:18 PM
I would definitely like to see 2x dragkin teeth odds or 2 dragkin teeth dropping at the normal rate(just for a short event).

If you guys think that's not an appropriate idea. At least give us a chance to loot them during the birthday party event in birthday chests or something.
I would like a cupcake vanity for rogues for this birthday party..some katy perry type of stuff XD (hahaha just a joke...or is it? O.o)
Um make this birthday party really fun and cute like candy land lol..cute vanities..a chance of dragkin teeth, ankhs, orc tags?, Respec, etc.

Hope this brings a lil more life back to Arlor :3

aww..me too hope there will be super cute vanity for mage. Mage's vanity has always been so..ugh... cupcake vanity sounds cute. how about a walking bday cake smurf? ...lol ..

Potato is me
11-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Of course they are.

My question is:

What do you mean coalesce jewel? Does this mean form jewels in our inventory!? Does this mean new type of jewels?

The addition of this jewel elixir really doesnt help the jewel system much except by reducing the value of the jewels people have currently invested in if it is only going to increase jewel drop rates.

We want a look at the jewel system so that at endgame the jewels are at par with eyes and paras. Adding higher tier for the current jewels solves this, either this or combined jewels which almost everyone is posting about.

i believe this is how it works, u kill this monster, chaos jewel drop, then u activate the lix and for the next 15 mins, u will have higher chance of looting chaos jewel in any map with chaos jewels

Nathan Tupas
11-04-2015, 10:01 PM
8 plats for an elix? here's a computation luck elix is 12k or for 4 plats so times 2 coz its 8 plats so total this jewel elix will cost more or less 24k at auction and its for only 15mins?!!! in 1hr need 4 eqauls to 96k?!! so why buy this elix when u can buy cracked jewels for less than wat u can buy those jewel elix.

Spell
11-04-2015, 10:45 PM
8 plats for an elix? here's a computation luck elix is 12k or for 4 plats so times 2 coz its 8 plats so total this jewel elix will cost more or less 24k at auction and its for only 15mins?!!! in 1hr need 4 eqauls to 96k?!! so why buy this elix when u can buy cracked jewels for less than wat u can buy those jewel elix.
The new jewel elixir is not treadable so u wouldnt be able to purchase it unless u have platinum.

Ceuidear
11-04-2015, 11:35 PM
Once again the priority is given only to real cash spenders who buy plats. Make the elixirs purchasable by gold adjascent to platinums.
Example : Luck elixir can be bought for 4 plats so, make it purchasble even using gold by calculating the amount of gold that we can buy for 4 platinums or fix a standard price.
Guess elixirs wont be needed to farm cracked Nature, Water & Diamond jewels as their drop rate is more than expected all over arlor.
Please make forged energy kits stashable, just stashable not tradeable.

Chad Salazar
11-04-2015, 11:38 PM
i want free Platinum for all ^_^

aneshsinghblu
11-05-2015, 12:05 AM
It's raining--jewels!

Greetings Legends, and welcome to your weekly community update!

Announcements

Drink up, drop jewels.

Okay, so they aren't RAINING, but we do have a special new surprise for you legends out there who have been hard at work farming jewels. Introducing, Jewel Elixirs. This new elixir will arrive in game tomorrow and can be consumed to temporarily grant you the chance to magically coalesce a jewel type of your choice from damage dealt to a PvE enemy.

Jewel Elixirs will cost 8 platinum and grant you this special power 15 minutes. It even has a rare chance to drop a damaged jewel! But, remember, even the most powerful elixir can't make jewels drop where they do not. So, if you're after a particular jewel, you'll want to make sure you're farming in the appropriate zones.

Not sure where your favorite jewel drops? Check out Ravager's awesome guide to drop locations, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?243927-Jewel-Drop-info

Game News and Updates

Game Updates & Bug Fixes

+ Reduced the brightness of the Mythic Set visual effects.

Coming Soon

Did someone say BIRTHDAY? Arcane Legends' 3rd birthday is coming up fast. Tell us--what do YOU want for your birthday, Arlor?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Next?

What do you want to see next, folks? Let us know in the comments what you would like to see us put our attention on next and share your most brilliant ideas. I'll see you in next week's update!

wow. . no congratulations from sts to the lb winners. .
sorry lb winners. . double blow for you'll. . chaos jewels price will drop because of this event

sts you'll could have made It a 2x jewel drop event. . . but you'll decided to milk Us!!
8 plat is daylight robbery
jewel elixir =25% value when compared to luck elixir

@caraprace
gm had a hot streak of five min. . . 8-9 jewels
8-9? ??. . . was he not paying attention to what he was Doin? (could explain why new client is so bugged )

@ remiem
you talk about transparency. . could you'll explain why there were statutes at the para boss distracting our Pets!!
ppl asked why but none received an answer. . maybe you could care to enlighten us

Eski
11-05-2015, 12:08 AM
Old heraldics as vanities!

Earlingstad
11-05-2015, 12:24 AM

What I would want for Arlor's Birthday - a new cake baking Mini event! :angel:

A Boss (a character who is famous throughout Arlor as the most skilled chef, owner of secret ancestral recipes and ingredients) will be in his or her kitchen (boss map) baking a wonderful birthday cake, the recipe (loot drop) of which is a well-guarded secret. Arlorian heroes must find their way to this Boss and sedate him/her to steal the recipe and some ingredients (loot drops). The cake is the most delicious cake ever and magical.

When the players loot the recipe and ingredients and bake their own cakes (these freshly baked cakes can be up for sale in auction but recipe will have to be non-stashable/non transferable), consuming the cake grants them one of 3 things - 1. a rare non-transferable Vanity "Aura" (for example the pink glowing effects on Boogie's mobs that we saw in Boogie's Mansion) or 2. a Birthday hat (more common loot) or 3. some gold.

'Vanity Aura' will need a new slot though. :P

extrapayah
11-05-2015, 12:31 AM

i definitely agree by having permanent aspect, jewels price will only go down by time, but in actual, the number needed to farm a noble jewel (2187 cracked jewel) is inhuman, and if you're planning to add 9th tier jewel (if you're not, then nvm me), we will need another 4374 cracked jewel to upgrade each noble we have (if any), it will become endless grinding for most of the players here

anyway, i think you need to reconsider your way of calculate when releasing number of materials needed to craft items/gears in the future. jewels, slain king weapons, and new mythic set crafting materials is way too huge, even with serious farming, players will mostly only able to purely farm those materials after season is ending, with exception of jewels, since those are impossible to pure farm.

and i don't think it is bad for jewel price to go down, it is meant to phase and overpower gems at some time anyway

Aquatika
11-05-2015, 01:04 AM
We want plat sale 50% !!!!!

Energizeric
11-05-2015, 01:16 AM
Overall I'm not sure if I like this jewel elixir idea. The end result is that I think jewel prices will drop. While that may sound good to many of you who are trying to build noble jewels, just remember that jewels is one of the best things to farm this season. In fact, I'd say that most of the gold I've earned this season has been from jewels. If they drop way down in price, jewel farming will become a waste of time, and in a season where there is not much else to farm, that could create issues.

The only good thing is that the cost of the jewel elixir is somewhat high. Hopefully that puts a cap on how low the price of jewels will go before it no longer pays to buy the elixirs. However, just keep one thing in mind.... unlike eggs that get opened and used up, and gems that get put on gear and cannot be reused, jewels can be reused over and over. So once a decent portion of the AL population maxes out their jewels, then the price plummets and then there is no going back and fixing it. It is not an item that the player base will need an endless supply of. So monitor this very carefully please!

Shobhit Chaturvedi
11-05-2015, 01:46 AM
Please STS make them trade able for non plat users :( We expect the fun too!

Swtdvl
11-05-2015, 02:14 AM
I think we want elix n ankhs including jewel elix kits :p, thx a lot for new elix

Titanium
11-05-2015, 04:41 AM

Been months since jewel system was introduced, thing is I seen so many complaints from everyone about it. People didn't talk about something more "broken" like this not even when SNS was released. We got a Stampy in return but it came out after 14 months after. Don't make us wait too long because right now the difference from all the players are the eye/para gems. How we are supposed to compete with other players since eye sells for 4.5m and paragem - 10m.

kinzmet
11-05-2015, 04:44 AM
Hey Kinzmet,

Coalesce?

Thanks for explaining.
I understand you guys wanted to intoduce jewels to the market but limiting it so it will not affect the current jewel economy. But making it untradeable means its a weekend event only for plat spenders? While the non-plats would only benefit from it in the market with cheaper jewels (If i'm right it would cause a slight price drop).

Energizeric
11-05-2015, 05:18 AM
Been months since jewel system was introduced, thing is I seen so many complaints from everyone about it. People didn't talk about something more "broken" like this not even when SNS was released. We got a Stampy in return but it came out after 14 months after. Don't make us wait too long because right now the difference from all the players are the eye/para gems. How we are supposed to compete with other players since eye sells for 4.5m and paragem - 10m.

Players who work hard farming and earn the money to buy those pricey gems deserve to have an advantage over other players who don't have them. There should always be something that is pricey and expensive that only a few can afford. Last season it was the arcane ring, this season it is gems. Making it so that nothing gives an advantage will make most of the hardcore gamers playing AL bored and will cause them to quit (myself included).

ilhanna
11-05-2015, 05:33 AM
... Making it so that nothing gives an advantage will make most of the hardcore gamers playing AL bored and will cause them to quit (myself included).

So will the impossibility of getting that advantage tbh.

Titanium
11-05-2015, 06:06 AM
Players who work hard farming and earn the money to buy those pricey gems deserve to have an advantage over other players who don't have them. There should always be something that is pricey and expensive that only a few can afford. Last season it was the arcane ring, this season it is gems. Making it so that nothing gives an advantage will make most of the hardcore gamers playing AL bored and will cause them to quit (myself included).

Well, I wasn't reffering for something equivalent with eye/para. But something near so it could fill the gap. I have eyes and para aswell in my set. STS should focus on the elite content so hardcore players could stay active.

epicrrr
11-05-2015, 06:43 AM
How to go kraken mine? lvl 13 can get quest to enter?

Rome
11-05-2015, 06:52 AM
those jewel elixers sounds like a fun an nice idea. maybe add them to klaas and shazbot surprise boxes ?.

debitmandiri
11-05-2015, 07:14 AM
Next, planar tombs opened for everyone ! YaY
Meanwhile elite rengol bosses gives : nothing
Please increase the drop rate of massive locked in rengol map ! So endgamer have their place, so do low levels...at this moment most endgamer only farming km3 which is too...bleh :wink:

Iisolah
11-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Information like this should really be in the original announcement. The original post by Remiem makes the elixir sound like a permanent addition to the elixirs.

Exactly my thought too.

Madnex
11-05-2015, 08:42 AM
There are many aspects of this idea that need to be improved:
-No elixir trade-ability or alternatives. Excludes the largest part of the player base from the event.
-Double the current highest platinum/hour elixir cost. It's not as if it gives you a cracked per kill, the pricing is extreme.
-Procs on dmg dealt (GG farming as warrior). Haven't we been through enough class-favored procs?
-Weekend event (3 days tops) instead of a permanent addition as a jewel system fix.

What do all these tell us? IMO, that they want to prolongue the jewel farming grindfest as much as they can due to lack of content. This event was not planned, it was put together to break down the complaints about the ridiculously long time it takes to farm nobles. Hence they went to the extremes again with the pricing, like they did with the H/s and M/s regens in AL in general (eg. in fear of what happened in PL where each piece had 5 H/s and people ended up not using potions, the L41 BiS legendary amulet a few months ago was given 1 H/s and ever since, the highest a single gear piece has been given was 2 H/s at the expense of stats; just tragic).

Remiem
11-05-2015, 11:15 AM
There are many aspects of this idea that need to be improved:
-No elixir trade-ability or alternatives. Excludes the largest part of the player base from the event.
-Double the current highest platinum/hour elixir cost. It's not as if it gives you a cracked per kill, the pricing is extreme.
-Procs on dmg dealt (GG farming as warrior). Haven't we been through enough class-favored procs?
-Weekend event (3 days tops) instead of a permanent addition as a jewel system fix.

What do all these tell us? IMO, that they want to prolongue the jewel farming grindfest as much as they can due to lack of content. This event was not planned, it was put together to break down the complaints about the ridiculously long time it takes to farm nobles. Hence they went to the extremes again with the pricing, like they did with the H/s and M/s regens in AL in general (eg. in fear of what happened in PL where each piece had 5 H/s and people ended up not using potions, the L41 BiS legendary amulet a few months ago was given 1 H/s and ever since, the highest a single gear piece has been given was 2 H/s at the expense of stats; just tragic).

To give you a little more insight into our thinking around this event: Since jewel elixirs are a new item and something that could very well create a large impact on the jewel grind, we are testing them out with this limited time event. Many of you remember testing the event system with Goblin before Ursoth. A very similar formula is happening here. Before making the jewel elixirs tradeable, and thus more widely available, we would like to measure their impact on the game in a very controlled way first and for a limited time. We'll be collecting your feedback along the way, and measuring the overall impact the elixirs have on the game, and then take it from there. :)

Point being, definitely keep the great feedback coming, especially once you are able to try them out for yourself. Thanks!

Evangelioni
11-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Remiem...what about our new mythic set...??That is bugged ...For us rogues traps dont stun all the mobs for 4 sec..:/
Its very sad to spent all this time plus gold ...to get it and BOMB..!!!! Guess what bugged stun ...half or less stunned for 1.5sec .:/( and we thinking next update sts will fix it..BUT not)

krebsroger62
11-05-2015, 11:42 AM
One thing that maybe would not be so hard to fix who could help global guilds, is a arlor time visible in game. it's always a big dilemma when u have guild events starting a certain time. if it was a clock with date in game it would be no problem. It could be visible in user interface or just a clock u could visit some of the towns to see or on top of leaderboard ...... the game is great anyway thx guys :)

Redjellydonut
11-05-2015, 11:55 AM
I would like to see new gear with GOOD stats! Everyone is tierd of icescale

Carapace
11-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Overall I'm not sure if I like this jewel elixir idea. The end result is that I think jewel prices will drop. While that may sound good to many of you who are trying to build noble jewels, just remember that jewels is one of the best things to farm this season. In fact, I'd say that most of the gold I've earned this season has been from jewels. If they drop way down in price, jewel farming will become a waste of time, and in a season where there is not much else to farm, that could create issues.

The only good thing is that the cost of the jewel elixir is somewhat high. Hopefully that puts a cap on how low the price of jewels will go before it no longer pays to buy the elixirs. However, just keep one thing in mind.... unlike eggs that get opened and used up, and gems that get put on gear and cannot be reused, jewels can be reused over and over. So once a decent portion of the AL population maxes out their jewels, then the price plummets and then there is no going back and fixing it. It is not an item that the player base will need an endless supply of. So monitor this very carefully please!

All of these are concerns of ours, and we will definitely be monitoring closely.

Madnex
11-05-2015, 12:45 PM
To give you a little more insight into our thinking around this event: Since jewel elixirs are a new item and something that could very well create a large impact on the jewel grind, we are testing them out with this limited time event. Many of you remember testing the event system with Goblin before Ursoth. A very similar formula is happening here. Before making the jewel elixirs tradeable, and thus more widely available, we would like to measure their impact on the game in a very controlled way first and for a limited time. We'll be collecting your feedback along the way, and measuring the overall impact the elixirs have on the game, and then take it from there. :)

Point being, definitely keep the great feedback coming, especially once you are able to try them out for yourself. Thanks!

Ah, if it's just a test to roughly calculate the effect the actual planned elixir will have then alright. It'd be nice if it was specified or at least hinted in the original post to avoid confusion.

I will save my exploit testing until then. Hehe.

Carapace
11-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Remiem...what about our new mythic set...??That is bugged ...For us rogues traps dont stun all the mobs for 4 sec..:/
Its very sad to spent all this time plus gold ...to get it and BOMB..!!!! Guess what bugged stun ...half or less stunned for 1.5sec .:/( and we thinking next update sts will fix it..BUT not)

I have taken a look at this, thank you for the feedback! In a future update this trap proc from the Mythic Set should now have the full 4 second stun on a successful trap in PvE.

Maarkus
11-05-2015, 01:21 PM
I have taken a look at this, thank you for the feedback! In a future update this trap proc from the Mythic Set should now have the full 4 second stun on a successful trap in PvE.

Anychance you guys looked at the warrior mythic set animation delay? Isnt it a bit biased that you guys reply to a post about another class issue and not even comment on a full thread posted bout a similar issue on a different class? This isnt isnt inadverted classism this is more like i intentional classism now

And an elix based on dmg output to proc, as stated buy the posts above warriors will be left behind again.

Do you really want to rub salt into our open wounds? If not, you are not really showing it.

Avaree
11-05-2015, 01:33 PM

Thanks for the above :)

What about slightly increasing the mana and hp for rogue?

Here is a link to my original thread.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?270835-Rogue-s-glintstone-set

Spell
11-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the above :)

What about slightly increasing the mana and hp for rogue?

Here is a link to my original thread.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?270835-Rogue-s-glintstone-set
Really should take a look at each set as the stats are horrible for all.these sets seem more like vanities :(

Carapace
11-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Anychance you guys looked at the warrior mythic set animation delay? Isnt it a bit biased that you guys reply to a post about another class issue and not even comment on a full thread posted bout a similar issue on a different class? This isnt isnt inadverted classism this is more like i intentional classism now

And an elix based on dmg output to proc, as stated buy the posts above warriors will be left behind again.

Do you really want to rub salt into our open wounds? If not, you are not really showing it.

We are aware of this issue, and have plans to change it in the future so that it unloads all 3 at the same time on a single cast. This change unfortunately requires a bit of programming love and is not something easily adjusted. I will see if there is a way to allow movement while casting so it will at least be less cumbersome but I can't promise anything.

Saud
11-05-2015, 03:45 PM
When the winners for gold slobber contest thread will come?

Maarkus
11-05-2015, 03:53 PM
We are aware of this issue, and have plans to change it in the future so that it unloads all 3 at the same time on a single cast. This change unfortunately requires a bit of programming love and is not something easily adjusted. I will see if there is a way to allow movement while casting so it will at least be less cumbersome but I can't promise anything.

Thank you for the response.

So during the brainstorming stage of this skill bonus set this issue never was thought of?
Considering Axe throw is know among warrios for the 1-2sec delay, did you consider it will be exponential multiplied?

When it was implemented for announcement no one bothered to test the actual skill bonus before it was released? Considering that ou released the set in a staggered manner this was still overlooked?

Based on your response in the rogue set skill bonus you already have gone thru the issue and have a set date to rectify yet for us warrior no promise is given and only an explaination oh how hard it will be to fix..... Classism already exisit ingame, please dont make it extend to STS

srazman
11-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Tested the jewels (chaos) elixir... 15 minute.. i just got only 1 cracked chaos and 1 cracked fury... I feel down :(

Iisolah
11-06-2015, 01:13 PM
we are testing them out with this limited time event. Before making the jewel elixirs tradeable, and thus more widely available, we would like to measure their impact on the game in a very controlled way first and for a limited time. We'll be collecting your feedback along the way, and measuring the overall impact the elixirs have on the game, and then take it from there. :)

I feel like a lab rat..

geeman75
11-06-2015, 02:45 PM
How can I get my twink to km?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Iisolah
11-06-2015, 05:34 PM
At least you get to test out the new elixirs...

Nope, I refuse to be treated like a lab rat so I won't pay anything for their experiments.

crudmudgeon
11-06-2015, 08:17 PM
I feel like a lab rat..

I've run 4 chaos lixers. All four "coalesced" 1x damaged jewel and 3 cracked... very reproducibly... like it was timed rather than by luck...

8plat = 24k if merching luck = 25k-30k farming chaos... if the price stays up.

As i've told my guildies... it won't make u rich but it's not a total rip

MamaEspa
11-07-2015, 02:16 AM
I would like to suggest an Elsa vanity for rogues during the winter event hehe ^-^

Ooh also new winter themed mythic weapons and maybe en elf pet hehe

Astrea
11-07-2015, 06:16 AM
Give us para gem for arcane legends 3rd bday plss pls!!

Metoxx
11-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Make an upgrade for arc stuffs as required the old to be able to upgrade into a new one so we could avoid how its become useless in the future expansions

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

eugene9707
11-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Just a question about the direction we are heading with the jewel system:

As of now , each tire require 3 of the previous tire to make, so the current highest tire(noble) requires 2181 of the lowest tire( cracked) to craft.
If we follow the trend, the next (level 35) tire will require 6561 cracked, and the following tire will require 19683 cracked and so on, which, in my opinion, is an insane amount.

Unless there are plans to directly loot higher tires (damaged, weak or even standard), I'm not convinced about the future of the jewel system.

mugenboy
11-08-2015, 04:19 AM
more big updates please.

Iplo
11-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Please STS. It's time for plat sale and 2x mythic!!! :)

ilhanna
11-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Please remove nature and water jewels from elite Shuyal and Tindirin.

Ucamaeben
11-08-2015, 05:49 PM
I dropped enough cracked and damage fury to make a fortified using 4 elixir

Faliziaga
11-09-2015, 05:46 AM

In my opinion the outcome of this jewel elixir testing event is not representable and usable for a future prognosis. As you can see by reading posts about players' experiences, using these elixirs is mostly negative and you can state that most players have not found out how to use it in the most efficient way. Yet there are players who know how to profit from these elixirs and they loot an enormous amount of jewels. If you implement jewel elixirs permanently jewel prices will go down to 200 gold within a month.

Xenagraff
11-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Ankhs and respec scroll(s) for b-day :)

nathan2693
11-09-2015, 04:45 PM
Hmm maybe another vip kits :) (60 min combo, damage reduction and damage elixir and ankhs)

New Story token pet for 750 coins ( mythic rarity pls ) hehe :)

And uhmmmm. Shady and surge in copper chest. Hahahaha jk.

I would be happy with vip kits and mythic rarity story token pet.

Happy B-day Arcane Legends :D

sunny2306
11-09-2015, 06:13 PM
One thing I've always wanted n missed in AL is the ability to send messages to offline players. Would b awesome if sts can put this feature in game :)

Geuo
11-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Elixirs work great, not sure if people just don't know how to actually make it work or not but for me this is a very viable option to solve the Jewel crisis. I'm hoping they do stay in the game at the least, if not end up as tradable kits.
Granted they work best on mages, but having tried them out on all 3 classes, they do return a decent amount if you actually use them properly (hint hint elites so the mobs don't die so fast and your DoT keeps affecting them) and you don't stand around in maps chatting.

darkarkon
11-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Nice addition. I'm one of those people who asks his friends to join kraken mines so I could get there aswell. Thanks ! hahaha

All things items pets in me mess up with the new version. -_- sts pls drop the version of the new update. I cant it anymore

nathan2693
11-10-2015, 07:34 AM
oooooooohhhhhhh yessssss i want this one too

nathan2693
11-10-2015, 07:53 AM
i mean +1 to sunny2306

GrimSmiley
11-10-2015, 08:36 AM
Yes are you guys doing anything to fix this new update from 11/10/2015 I'm not the only one that is having the issue of not being able to play uninstalled the game tried to reinstall says its not compatible now just was on yesterday and have been playing for 3 years this is ridiculous fix ASAP

Faliziaga
11-10-2015, 01:53 PM

Lockdown - The Net Retraction upgrade for Entangling Trap now has a 100% chance to pull in enemies and also stuns them for 4s

Traps do not stun nor do they have a 100% pull chance.

Could you please explain what you mean by a 'successful trap in PvE' and how this pull chance is affected by time shift?

Remiem
11-11-2015, 03:28 PM
New post is up! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?275624-Remiem-s-Weekly-Community-Update-November-11-2015