PDA

View Full Version : Player Moderation

Imsofancy
11-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Hello one more post in the sea of words.

So I was wandering about towns and what not, and after seeing the forth or was it fifth attempted scam/haters hating/ just annoying chat spam,
I began to wonder why STS has not created a kind of PLAYER Mod system. Now I know sever cheating makes it very difficult for us to have nice things, but there are many examples of this system working in other games, IT COULD WORK HERE IF WE WANTED IT TOO. Now just read this to the end before you start either cheering or booing. TANKS.

PROS:

Having a In-Game player of AL allows for much more peace in towns, (No more people screaming at each other) A mod can go in and just MUTE both parties, they each get their own time outs.

It allows STS to have eyes and ears in places they don't normally have. It allows for those the people being toon behind the toon behind the toon to finally be caught. ( People dont normally blab when there is a green name in the room)

No Player Mod can ban perma ban someone from the game without permission from STS. This means that it would be extremely difficult for any player mod to abuse their power, HOWEVER, player mods can dish out mutes and maybe 10 minute bans? (still needs developing there).

CONS:

No is paid :(

One could be corrupted by friends, gold, eggs... vanities? (do people bribe with those?)

People could impersonate them.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some huge argument, but a bit tied up ATM, will expand when I remember/see someone else post angrily below.

Cheers from the flip side

Imsofancy
11-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Something like this has been brought up.... There was a project of guardians of galterra or something(in SL PL and DL)

Blah blah sorry is late night here hatey @,@

In other games with player moderators I've seen mods take undue advantage of their position

First off, go to sleep nab, second, if we make it so there are checks are balances in this, we could pull it off, make it so mods dont take advantage, and also make it that they can pull of their job.

Zeus
11-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Something like this has been brought up.... There was a project of guardians of galterra or something(in SL PL and DL)

Blah blah sorry is late night here hatey @,@

In other games with player moderators I've seen mods take undue advantage of their position

I am one of those (GoA). It was in PL and SL. However, it wasn't a moderator group or anything like that. It was just a thank you from developers for hard community effort, no more and no less.

It can also be taken away should developers feel that you no longer deserve the thank you.

Schnitzel
11-04-2015, 05:25 PM
I feel like the player mods will eventually become corrupted from the power...

also, lets not have it set to green names...you'll see a lot of "I'm [moderator] but on another toon"

Though I do like the idea of checks and balances (similar to the Government's system).
If one playerMod votes to mute/mini-ban someone, there has to be at least a few more player mods present to decide.

Alhuntrazeck
11-05-2015, 12:20 AM
Guardians of Alterra* and there's a reason why it didn't continue to the subsequent STS games and stopped with the Ambassadors of Alterra program.

The largest problem with player moderating is in-game elitism. Also, just like the GoA, people would attempt to get in by doing fake good deeds. Like I said, there's a reason why the programs were stopped.

I think STG should hire moderators for the game and not just the forums.

Endkey 2.0
11-05-2015, 03:18 AM
So sts should hire people if they have not already and ask em to join us and play games with us :) or even just stay in towns are try to solve different problems. Should take like 20 people working at one time. Thats not much imo

Xdumbx
11-06-2015, 11:31 AM
First off, go to sleep nab, second, if we make it so there are checks are balances in this, we could pull it off, make it so mods dont take advantage, and also make it that they can pull of their job.

Ok *falls asleep*.

Xdumbx
11-06-2015, 11:34 AM
So sts should hire people if they have not already and ask em to join us and play games with us :) or even just stay in towns are try to solve different problems. Should take like 20 people working at one time. Thats not much imo

Still cost sts a lot of money to pay the workers a living salary....