PDA

View Full Version : This Weekend in Arcane Legends | Jewel Elixirs Arrive for a Limited Time!

Remiem
11-05-2015, 12:36 PM

This weekend in Arcane Legends! Visit the new NPC Jerita, located in major town hubs to purchase a new item--jewel elixirs.

These new elixirs can be consumed to temporarily grant you the chance to magically coalesce a jewel type of your choice from damage dealt to a PvE enemy.

Jewel Elixirs will cost 8 platinum and grant you this special power 15 minutes. It even has a rare chance to drop a damaged jewel! But, remember, even the most powerful elixir can't make jewels drop where they do not. So, if you're after a particular jewel, you'll want to make sure you're farming in the appropriate zones.

Not sure where your favorite jewel drops? Check out Ravager's awesome guide to drop locations, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?243927-Jewel-Drop-info

Jewel Elixirs will be available until Monday 11/9.

oekeone
11-05-2015, 03:48 PM
First ty so much remi

Ceuidear
11-05-2015, 03:50 PM
2nd...
Please Make forged energy kits stashable..

Iisolah
11-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Wooh! Ty for update, this will be interesting..

Rockingtigertiger Tiger
11-05-2015, 03:54 PM
She looks beautiful 😉

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

leoakre
11-05-2015, 03:54 PM
2nd...
Please Make forged energy kits stashable..

Agree wholeheartedly :)

Can we get some special Orc Fangs lix also? The drop rate leaves much to be desired lately and the amount of Fangs needs to complete the Mythic APs is staggeringly expensive!!

Thanks

Rome
11-05-2015, 03:59 PM
those jewels elixers aren't tradable ?

is this supposed to be this way?

Darkluciferx
11-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Elixirs are not Tradeable -.-
Lockeds Massive spider can be craft unlimited time?

nightmaresmoke
not tradable elixir zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Iplo
I wished we had plat sale but... Maybe sometime :/

oekeone
11-05-2015, 04:04 PM

This weekend in Arcane Legends! Visit the new NPC Jerita, located in major town hubs to purchase a new item--jewel elixirs.

These new elixirs can be consumed to temporarily grant you the chance to magically coalesce a jewel type of your choice from damage dealt to a PvE enemy.

Jewel Elixirs will cost 8 platinum and grant you this special power 15 minutes. It even has a rare chance to drop a damaged jewel! But, remember, even the most powerful elixir can't make jewels drop where they do not. So, if you're after a particular jewel, you'll want to make sure you're farming in the appropriate zones.

Not sure where your favorite jewel drops? Check out Ravager's awesome guide to drop locations, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?243927-Jewel-Drop-info

Jewel Elixirs will be available until Monday 11/9.
Remi pls make jewel elixirs tradable some of us non plat buyers want some without buying plat :( pls fix this

Arkiouj
11-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Just tried one of these jewel elixirs, yeah... 2 cracked mind jewels in 15mins... 8 plat for 2 jewels? Should make these elixirs tradable at the very least.

Ticklish
11-05-2015, 04:29 PM
1 damaged and 2 cracked finesse jewels in 15 minutes. May we know which map this was tested on?

GM has played with this and in one hot streak of about 5 minutes he acquired about 8 or 9 cracked jewels of the elixir he was testing.

Cause we're definitely not spending plat to farm water and nature jewels in tombs.

Devoleb
11-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Just tried one of these jewel elixirs, yeah... 2 cracked mind jewels in 15mins... 8 plat for 2 jewels? Should make these elixirs tradable at the very least.

Got 3 finesse, i agree with kiouj. Make it tradeable please...

Olivianicole
11-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Forget the jewels elixir, make elixir for fangs or change the lock leaf crates to allow them the same items that the spider crates have.

Arkiouj
11-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Got 3 finesse, i agree with kiouj. Make it tradeable please...

haha atleast you got enough for a damaged xD

DarrenPR
11-05-2015, 04:37 PM
It will not be made tradable this time around. Go read posts on the announcement yesterday on the topic.

Now for my opinion on the elixir having used 2: I had planned to spend the entire weekend (60 hours gameplay) on these jewel elixirs when I heard about the potential drop rate of 9 in 5 minutes. Having received 3 in my first 15 minutes and 0 in my second 15 minutes, I can already see I don't want to waste my much more time or money on these. Thanks for trying, I guess. I'll make sure I don't get my hopes next time something gets announced.

Anasinator
11-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Farmed Ren'gol maps for 15 minutes and got 2 cracked chaos. It doesn't worth it guys.

Jexetta
11-05-2015, 05:20 PM
I got an entire 1 finesse jewel in 15 minutes! Dem jewels be rainin'!

leoakre
11-05-2015, 05:21 PM
5 cracked chaos and 3 cracked finesse in 15 minutes ... Eh

Appears to be a random working lix for many ... Guess nothing can be guaranteed.

Jexetta
11-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Well... To put it in perspective :

8 plat = 60 minutes of luck elixer which in KM3 is about 6-8 locked crates.

6-8 locked crates sells for 60-70kish or the equivalent of 14 finesse jewels (at 5k each).

The value doesn't seem to be panning out here.

Carapace
11-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Bringing a quote from Remiem over from the announcement thread related to tradeable elixirs:

To give you a little more insight into our thinking around this event: Since jewel elixirs are a new item and something that could very well create a large impact on the jewel grind, we are testing them out with this limited time event. Many of you remember testing the event system with Goblin before Ursoth. A very similar formula is happening here. Before making the jewel elixirs tradeable, and thus more widely available, we would like to measure their impact on the game in a very controlled way first and for a limited time. We'll be collecting your feedback along the way, and measuring the overall impact the elixirs have on the game, and then take it from there.

Point being, definitely keep the great feedback coming, especially once you are able to try them out for yourself. Thanks!

Fightbeast
11-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Bringing a quote from Remiem over from the announcement thread related to tradeable elixirs:
Well the only updates we got from the plat users is that it has not been worth it. Plus those who may have gotten a few jewels are either hoarding them up to sell later as a higher tiered jewel or just socketing them.
With the presence of the elixirs either giving a guaranteed good number of jewel drops or the availability of them being tradeable, no matter for however short duration, the market and game could be analyzed.
Otherwise I agree with the concept of testing it out, because a game changing input without proper survey can result in cases similar to the event gems or sns.

iheartu
11-05-2015, 06:55 PM
i tried, but I only got 1 lightning instead of finesse.. this is not worth it..thx anyways

Lastmind
11-05-2015, 07:04 PM
U guys need to use more dots.
Used four elixirs:
1) 18
2) 15
3) 15
4) 32
Mind jewels, while farming Orc Fangs.

Super profitable, basically farmed a fortified jewel in one hour with just 32 platinum.

Implement them permanently and offer 10 elixir kits with tradeable elixirs please!

Serancha
11-05-2015, 07:30 PM
So it's a mage-only elixir then.

Even so, 8 plat for 15 minutes is very high for any elixir. Especially given what everyone but the last on this thread have reported so far.

srazman
11-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Tested.. chaos jewels elixir.. 15 minute i got only 1 chaos and 1 fury?? Not worth it... :(

Nepos
11-05-2015, 07:43 PM
Yay! The elexirs are aw!

Arkiouj
11-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Just tried another on warrior, got 7 cracked minds and 2 damaged minds, better than my first attempt. I still think if its costing 8 plat it should be 30min. Won't be buying anymore.

srazman
11-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Tried 2nd time using mage.. chaos elixir.. got 2 chaos only for 15 minute

srazman
11-05-2015, 09:32 PM
tried 3rd time using mage.. chaos elixir (8plat) and lightning elixir (8plat) plus speed elixir (4plat).. only got 2 cracked chaos and 1 cracked lightning... ok ok no more :(

Devaux
11-05-2015, 09:57 PM
Meh...I'll pass XD wake me up when ursoth is here

Dex Putra
11-05-2015, 10:23 PM
AL ..for plat player only ..right..??????

Sent from my D5322 using Tapatalk

xxSkyxx
11-05-2015, 10:48 PM
More importantly when is 2x fang and teeth weekend. You can test this elix on some test server, people got other things to use their time on.

Ceuidear
11-06-2015, 12:39 AM
I see only mages posting positive replies about getting jewels by using the elixir all other posts from rogues & tanks are just with negative opinions.
Last night ran solo at tindirn wilds after a long time without elixir i looted 3 cracked fury jewels & a fineese.
It seems the only advantage of using the elixir is to get a damage jewel to save an hour of crafting time & 30 gold(LoL).
Even though with these elixirs none of them intend to buy Nature, Water & Diamond jewels elixirs as their drop rate is more than expected all over arlor including elite maps.

Suggestion :- Rename the elixir as " Mage's Jewel Elixir " :p

sipackong
11-06-2015, 02:33 AM
Not tradable :(

KingMartin
11-06-2015, 06:33 AM
Guys I tested a lot in party and solo, normal and elite.

My suggestion is don't waste elixir on solo or normal maps. Get good party and grind Rengol. It happened to me several times that I fired nox into the full group and was awarded with 2 cracked and 1 damaged.

Solo on mage I curse the mobs, ingnite them, freeze them, clock them, dmg ticks like crazy and I get nothing.

Thrindal
11-06-2015, 06:40 AM
I am getting decent results running as a Rogue. I did 3 runs with finesse and Chaos elixers at the same time. I did not keep an exact breakdown but I got 25 cracked and 12 damaged jewels pretty evenly distributed.

I got these running Elite Ren'gol using traps and charged Nox. Pet was Nekro.

The damaged jewels made it worth while for me but at 8 plat each luck lixers and KM3 would bring similar profits although admittedly over a longer time span.

Thrindal
11-06-2015, 07:29 AM
Just to add to my previous post...

I don't know of any reason to purchase water, nature, diamond, or Lightning elixers. The primary stat jewels and chaos are the only ones it makes sense for. If you want diamond jewels just run with a finesse elixer sell the jewels and buy the diamonds, you will get way more out of it.

In fact you could just pick the highest value jewel no matter what it is, or Double up with the top two. Sell the jewels you get and buy the ones you want for less.

The only way I would run with one of the 'lesser' jewel elixers is if Klaas gave me one.

Coco Cocos
11-06-2015, 07:30 AM
Need 2x Weekend ^_^:applause:

Recapsize
11-06-2015, 07:38 AM
50% Platinum Sale, please!

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

KingMartin
11-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Because this "event" is still in testing phase, devs please see if those can be issues:

1) I have a feeling that mages tend to colaesce more jewels than rogues (would be nice to hear warriors)

2) The hypothesis, that higher dmg toon overrides lower dmg was supported by my observations when we ran 3 mages, 1050 dmg, 970 dmg and 950 dmg
The mage with highest dmg tends to drop by about 25-50% more jewels than the second mage and double as much at least than then the mage with lowest dmg.

Specs were of course almost identical.

3) another observation - when the elixir of the strongest mage expired, all of a sudden jewels were dropping also for the weakest mage.

If my theory is right it's very bad for party because no one will want to run with OP team mates, mages in particular. As a rogue I will be glad if my theory is wrong.

silverthor
11-06-2015, 10:12 AM
es algo injusto que solo se compre con platinium por que siempre dando privilegios a ellos, por lo menos que se compre con oro tambien siempre dan privilegios a ellos y los demas que ? acaso no somos parte de arcane tambien

Thrindal
11-06-2015, 10:27 AM
A bit more testing on my Rogue...

After good results last night running elite Ren'gol (see previous post) I decided to try normal Ren'gol running solo. I run Mines solo in approximately 7:30 so this is precisely 2 mines run for me. Only 2 cracked Finesse. :-(. So I have a feeling elite makes a huge difference. I am not gonna waist more plat on normal. I will try again in elite later when Fang parties are running in my Guild. If my results return to previous results then elite is the way to go.

As to a previous post, how damage is divided in the system could have an effect. Also I believe I was the only party member running with Jewel elixers when I had good results so multiple party members with an elixer could make a difference. I also ran elites with two elixers simultaneously, not sure if that made a difference for me or not.

Have to also add I am not a big plat spender so doing 'testing' with my plat seems a little odd but I like the idea of the elixers so I'm trying them out.

nightmaresmoke
11-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Money money money lalalala.. lolololol

Thrindal
11-06-2015, 11:23 AM
Money money money lalalala.. lolololol

I wouldn't quite go that far. While I don't really like testing with plat I do see where doing it this way limits the potential negative impact of a bug or problem while still giving sts some statistical data to reference.

Sometimes we forget that STS is trying to be a profitable business. They are not a 501c trying to provide fun and games for all for free.

If my limited statistical data from my runs were to hold true with no tweaks I think the elixers are a decent value in Elite only. I do think the time/cost of the elixers is a bit off however. At current rates only half the elixers might be worth it, even then if you want Mind Jewels why wouldn't you farm Finesse, sell them and buy Mind for less?

With the apparent horrible results from folks running normal maps I'd say the elixers are too expensive. I do think elite should give better results but normal shouldn't be that bad either.

I'd say a better price for the elixers would be 6 plat each based on my results.

nightmaresmoke
11-06-2015, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't quite go that far. While I don't really like testing with plat I do see where doing it this way limits the potential negative impact of a bug or problem while still giving sts some statistical data to reference.

Sometimes we forget that STS is trying to be a profitable business. They are not a 501c trying to provide fun and games for all for free.

If my limited statistical data from my runs were to hold true with no tweaks I think the elixers are a decent value in Elite only. I do think the time/cost of the elixers is a bit off however. At current rates only half the elixers might be worth it, even then if you want Mind Jewels why wouldn't you farm Finesse, sell them and buy Mind for less?

With the apparent horrible results from folks running normal maps I'd say the elixers are too expensive. I do think elite should give better results but normal shouldn't be that bad either.

I'd say a better price for the elixers would be 6 plat each based on my results.

We know that but come on halloween event just ended have they not got enough profit already?
Or just at least they make them tradable coz it will benefit the plat players who can sell them for golds and have none plats players have a taste of this event also not just sts having a gain from this event, if this a test why not do it on there test servers not on main server... well don't care about it anymore just sick of events like this that's all.

StorminForman
11-06-2015, 12:17 PM
15th! Interesting concept....

Shackler
11-06-2015, 01:01 PM
We have seen many weekend events that you have boosted the drop rate of some items/tokens. We would like to see an event which has x2 vial or fang drop rate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

penyihir arwah
11-06-2015, 01:12 PM
thanks you for update.. pls fix lag. thx :)

KingMartin
11-06-2015, 01:21 PM
OK I tried to solo mobs in rengol, took 30% dmg lix, Nekro, Bow of fervor, Arcane ring, Mythic Pendant with Para and eyes etc... charged Nox to max DOT and used traps too for even more DOT.

After killing 100, maybe 150 mobs I got two cracked jewels.

So, seriously, this is how it's supposed to work??? Are you guys aware that we test for our real money???

Thrindal
11-06-2015, 01:33 PM
We know that but come on halloween event just ended have they not got enough profit already?

So because Apple made a ton of money on the IPhone 6 and those phones are still in perfect working order they shouldn't release an IPhone 7 because they should be happy with their profit as is?

Thrindal
11-06-2015, 01:39 PM
OK I tried to solo mobs in rengol, took 30% dmg lix, Nekro, Bow of fervor, Arcane ring, Mythic Pendant with Para and eyes etc... charged Nox to max DOT and used traps too for even more DOT.

After killing 100, maybe 150 mobs I got two cracked jewels.

So, seriously, this is how it's supposed to work??? Are you guys aware that we test for our real money???

Something is definitely off on normal maps... I'm not sure coalesce means what STS thinks it means.

KingMartin
11-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Something is definitely off on normal maps... I'm not sure coalesce means what STS thinks it means.

This was elite. I soloed the hardest mobs in the game with DOT build and got 2 jewels. Sorry but I feel cheated. For real money.

nightmaresmoke
11-06-2015, 05:47 PM
So because Apple made a ton of money on the IPhone 6 and those phones are still in perfect working order they shouldn't release an IPhone 7 because they should be happy with their profit as is?

That is called greed.

Oursizes
11-06-2015, 06:05 PM
1 damaged and 2 cracked finesse jewels in 15 minutes. May we know which map this was tested on?

Cause we're definitely not spending plat to farm water and nature jewels in tombs.

Where else do you think they can get 8 or 9 cracked..? Theyre telling the truth but not the whole truth.

Thrindal
11-06-2015, 07:12 PM
That is called greed.

No it's called staying in business.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

DK
11-07-2015, 04:22 AM

... Visit the new NPC Jerita, ...

Hope we can acquire the vanity she wears :)

aneshsinghblu
11-07-2015, 04:35 AM

to stay in business does not mean that they should lie or not tell community about secret buffs. . eg planar tombs. . elite tindrin. . elite rengol

Anaagabaci
11-07-2015, 06:48 AM
ty
but why i cant farm essences

nightmaresmoke
11-07-2015, 10:10 AM

Maybe ur an sts employee with all your defence, btw dont care at all.

nightmaresmoke
11-07-2015, 10:12 AM
to stay in business does not mean that they should lie or not tell community about secret buffs. . eg planar tombs. . elite tindrin. . elite rengol

Good point!! Right on the spot!!

Thrindal
11-07-2015, 11:06 AM

You have taken this discussion and twisted my words. My discussion focused solely on the jewel elixers it had nothing to do with secret nerfs and buffs. Those annoy me as much as anyone. Please don't twist my words.

Haligali
11-07-2015, 11:07 AM
I can confirm, its indeed working. 1 lix= 10-25 cracked jewels, 3-5 damaged for me. Maps was elite tindirin and elite rengol. It is better than farming km3 for lockeds.

nightmaresmoke
11-07-2015, 11:32 AM
elixers

Wrong spelling is wrong lols

BabVna
11-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Run in Elite Rengol with strong party -->one elix = one damaged Finess jewel. Of course my luck is always bad, people talk 4 to 6 crates in KM3 but I always get one for 30 mins.

Potato is me
11-07-2015, 04:54 PM
sometimes we should be flexible and think of ways to maximise our farming efficiencies instead of just blaming the gears/class/lix, i believe those who blame the rate probably blindly farmed the whole map or farm a map that takes more time to mob kill ratio i.e. inefficient farming. It's like saying luck lix doesn't give much locks, i farmed elite tindrin and only get 0-1 lock per lix instead u can actually km3, hope that helps :)

Areef
11-07-2015, 08:12 PM
well well well, as a daily f2p player who makes a living in this game mostly thru constant solo jewel farming in NORMAL misty grotto and cryogem mines I used to earn 1-3 stat jewels after 3-4 hrs of playing, after these jewel elixirs introduced, just today I've played almost same amount of time and have seen that jewels loot w/o elixir are dramatically reduced if not zeroed . I have done all those maps as usual as before, I have got no jewels at all, even, not a cracked diamond jewel, I have only looted "nobody's need" epic items.
this is not a guess but just a real observation of their chance to drop being dramatically lowered,
This was never ever happened to me before and I have played enough to double check and no, I feel content about it leaving no suspicion.
I am not going to complain/whine as I know they've came to this conclusion for profit as they are a company , It's perfectly understandable for me and I look from bright side , AL was what I do when I'm procrastinating , now as I have almost zero motivation left to reach some better status in the game. thus, from now I will mostly play it in events , other times will play by occasion, not daily anymore (I will play not for getting better items armor etc, but just for simple joy) this means less procrastinating , more work. and more profit for me too :)

Zestee
11-08-2015, 02:55 AM
A Mage in my guild got 20+, so I bought one to try it out. Two jewels :/

I tried again, 3.

Talked to a few people about their experiences, mages are the only happy ones, every rogue I talked to felt ripped off.

Zynzyn
11-08-2015, 03:17 AM
With this recent update it was stated that Kraken Mines level restriction has been removed. I do not see how anything has changed after the update. Was it planned but forgotten to implement?

Before the update low level toons had to party with a higher level friend to enter Kraken Mines map itself and the Kraken Mines 1,2,3. So even now it is still the same. On a lvl 10 character, when I try to enter the Kraken Mines map through Dragons Jewel it says I need the Gleipnir. So I party with a high level and go to Kraken Mines map but the the low level toon cannot even enter the Mines (Km 1, 2, 3) without party with a high level toon. The mobs get scaled to lvl 46 in there. What exactly has changed when it is said that level restriction has been removed for KM?

Coco Cocos
11-08-2015, 03:29 AM
Pfffff...I was Waiting for a Little peek for winter,But noooo...Lets do jewel elixir ! -.-

mugenboy
11-08-2015, 03:45 AM
good post. thank you...

mugenboy
11-08-2015, 04:17 AM
ty, we need more update of the game, keep it up.

Ticklish
11-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Wrong spelling is wrong lols

Run out of things to say? This is an all-time low.

The elixirs do work, but it still based on luck. I've gotten as few as 3 jewels and as many as 23. I left aimed shot out of my skill spec (the horror!), since I don't want to kill mobs too fast. I think that rogues with the glintstone set have it much better because of the 100% retraction rate of traps, hence ensuring that all mobs bleed.

nightmaresmoke
11-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Run out of things to say? This is an all-time low.

The elixirs do work, but it still based on luck. I've gotten as few as 3 jewels and as many as 23. I left aimed shot out of my skill spec (the horror!), since I don't want to kill mobs too fast. I think that rogues with the glintstone set have it much better because of the 100% retraction rate of traps, hence ensuring that all mobs bleed.

Good for you period.

Mike Preneveau
11-08-2015, 07:28 PM
I had awesome results.... But I play a mage, Fb, ib,clock, dot crazy. I was getting 10 -15 cracked mind and finesse and a couple damaged of each. Also I used both elixers at once. I did this multiple times,in rengol maps.

BabVna
11-08-2015, 07:56 PM
While my luck is low always, I want to thank STS for giving & maintaining this awesome game. All I want here is to forget daily life pressure and enjoy couple of hours. Of course things don't come free. Movie, sporting and other every thing is involved with money. Over 1 million players world wide playing, it is really impossible to meet each on expectations. Oh man it needs lot of patience, same time they have to maintain creativity and come innovative ideas. Both platinum player and non platinum players are important to game. All STS need is good feedback for good game experience. Let us do this in a positive way guys. We love you STS. Waiting for winter event details, pls.

Serancha
11-09-2015, 01:48 AM
Previously it took 10 essences to make a gem. Even with poor luck, you would get a grand gem an average of 1/10 tries. So 100 essences for a grand gem. We now have to gather over 2000 jewels to make a single item of the same quality.

Not only do we need 20x the materials to make essentially the same thing, we are required to pay 32 plat / hour to achieve approximately the same drop rate as we got with essences? Sorry but this whole pay-to-play thing has just gone way over the top.

Agressief
11-09-2015, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the jewel elixers

Serancha
11-09-2015, 10:42 AM
With very good* luck did someone get a grand gem in 10 tries.

Avikk, I never post numbers without having research behind them. However in this case it doesn't matter if it was 1/50.

They still increased the amount of jewels we need to loot to attain the same quality item by an insane amount, severely lowered the drop rates from what essences were, and spread the variety out betwen 8 varieties instead of 3. Now we are supposed to cheer because they will graciously allow us to pay 32 plat / hour to get a drop rate similar to what we had for free originally?

This is a case of "let's make it so horrible for a few months that they will thank us when we let them pay to have what they had before". Were we not supposed to realize this is what is happening?

Edit:
I would suggest making the drop rate of cracked jewels realistic normally (the same as they apparently were on the test server), and have the elixir give you a % chance to get higher tiered jewels, and/or a higher % of those jewels dropped be the variety you want. But making jewel farming only realistic to those willing to pay, even if the elixirs are tradeable, isn't right.

Motherless_Child
11-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the jewel elixers

Say what?????

Thrindal
11-09-2015, 12:39 PM
With the exception of a few posts I see some good arguments for and against the ELIXIRS. I think it is obvious that some like the new elixirs and some do not. I respect all the well thought out replies one way or the other.

My biggest issue with the elixirs is the class difference. Mages have way better results and Warriors have difficulty because of the Damage/DOT aspect of the Elixirs. I do think the Elixirs need to be class balanced somehow. I also think "Coalesce" is a misleading term. If Jewels really did "Coalesce" we would be able to calculate how much damage was required to "Coalesce" a Jewel. As it is the granting of Jewels seems more random than anything and based on DOT "ticks" not total damage.

If these were to be released as trade-able I would run these over Luck and KM3 at least until prices drop and this weekend event had 0 effect on prices. I do think that these only work well in Elite maps and I had much better luck with running with a solid party then solo. I think the reasoning for this is I could focus more on Damage then staying alive. My limited testing in normal maps gave terrible results. Based on my result I think I could conservatively make twice the gold in half the time then luck elixirs in KM3 which would more than make up the difference in cost (assuming they are trade-able).

For me the best thing with the elixirs was that I could do my regular fang runs while also running elixirs and I got way more enjoyment out of the runs.

As for drop rates of jewels changing it is hard for me to say, if drop rates were lowered for the weekend I do thing that is a bad move. Also while I see Serancha's points in regards to Gems vs. Jewels and the time and effort required I always come back to the fact that you can keep Jewels forever. If you upgrade your gear you just have to transfer the Jewels instead of powering through days/weeks of re-gemming trying to get super gems. So in the short term I do think the new system is more expensive and takes more time but in the long run I think it will be cheaper and less time consuming with Jewels. The problem is it is going to take a very long time to max out your Jewels. Tradeable Jewel elixirs will speed up the process considerably.

Carapace
11-09-2015, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

We will be reading over these discussions as well as looking at the data from this event. I would like to take a moment to reassure you that we did NOT lower the normal drop rates of jewels at the same time as creating a for purchase enhancer.

Concerns related to class based farming sound valid, in which case there may be reasoning here to justify it forming jewels based on dealing AND taking damage. This would ensure that a warrior could still benefit properly by tanking for their party. This is just a thought of course, and one to be discussed internally with the data we collect.

Madnex
11-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Concerns related to class based farming sound valid, in which case there may be reasoning here to justify it forming jewels based on dealing AND taking damage. This would ensure that a warrior could still benefit properly by tanking for their party. This is just a thought of course, and one to be discussed internally with the data we collect.
This is not feasible as taking damage requires just one set of mobs so it would tip the balance to the warrior having the advantage.

It would be nice to share some more info on how the formula to coalesce jewels works either way. Most importantly, is total damage dealt affecting it or just the number of "ticks"? And why is it necessary to kill the targets in order to receive jewels (from tests under the elix, hitting but not killing results in zero jewels)?

Edward Coug
11-09-2015, 02:14 PM
This is not feasible as taking damage requires just one set of mobs so it would tip the balance to the warrior having the advantage.

It would be nice to share some more info on how the formula to coalesce jewels works either way. Most importantly, is total damage dealt affecting it or just the number of "ticks"? And why is it necessary to kill the targets in order to receive jewels (from tests under the elix, hitting but not killing results in zero jewels)?

You don't have to kill anything to get jewels. In fact, you are far better off not killing. Use a level 1 common weapon.

Madnex
11-09-2015, 02:56 PM
You don't have to kill anything to get jewels. In fact, you are far better off not killing. Use a level 1 common weapon.
This is not in line with my test results as capped mage in shuyal but I can repeat to verify.

Serancha
11-09-2015, 02:57 PM
As for drop rates of jewels changing it is hard for me to say, if drop rates were lowered for the weekend I do thing that is a bad move. Also while I see Serancha's points in regards to Gems vs. Jewels and the time and effort required I always come back to the fact that you can keep Jewels forever. If you upgrade your gear you just have to transfer the Jewels instead of powering through days/weeks of re-gemming trying to get super gems. So in the short term I do think the new system is more expensive and takes more time but in the long run I think it will be cheaper and less time consuming with Jewels. The problem is it is going to take a very long time to max out your Jewels. Tradeable Jewel elixirs will speed up the process considerably.

While I understand that the items are reusable and you can keep them forever, it's the math that is bothersome on this. They have made it so that it is pretty much mandatory to use these elixirs if someone is to be able to make quality jewels while the game still exists. Especially if they have further lowered the drop rate for non-elixir players.

If we calculate a generous yield of 20 cracked jewels for each elixir, we can get 80 jewels per hour of the variety we want. (Calculating a damaged as 3 cracked to reach this average based on various reports on the forum).

That means it would take 27 hours of elixir use to make one noble gem = 874 plat

x 18 to jewel all gear

So it would require 486 hours and 14,592 plat to make a full set of noble jewels using elixirs.

For someone who farms 3 hours a day, that would mean 162 days (5 1/2 months) and $800 - $950 in real money (in Canada the price of a 1700 plat pack is over $110, and other non-US countries it is up there also) to make a set of jewels (plus the gold required to craft them).

If we do not use elixirs, it has been calculated out on this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?257176-Feedback-Fixing-the-Broken-Jewel-System!) to 36 years to make a set for an average player farming 3 hours a day.

Edit
It just seems to be really really unbalanced. Elixirs are supposed to give you a bit of help to make things easier, but things should not be virtually impossible to do without them. The joy of the gem system was that non-plat or moderate-plat players could earn money by farming essences and making gems.

We already give the plat merchants our earned gold for elixirs, ankhs, respecs, arcane pets, mythic weapons etc. Must everything take that route?

Thrindal
11-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Edit
It just seems to be really really unbalanced. Elixirs are supposed to give you a bit of help to make things easier, but things should not be virtually impossible to do without them. The joy of the gem system was that non-plat or moderate-plat players could earn money by farming essences and making gems.

We already give the plat merchants our earned gold for elixirs, ankhs, respecs, arcane pets, mythic weapons etc. Must everything take that route?

All great points. I would suggest that IF jewel elixirs are made tradable the return more than pays for the elixir with lots left over. Assuming prices hold close to where they are (maybe an unreasonable assumption) given Finesse at 5k per cracked currently in CS. Elixirs should average 16-18k per in CS so given your average of 20 cracked per elixir if you sell 4 after every run you more than make back your gold, minus pots, and have lots of jewels left over. Sell 5-6 if you need to make back pot money too.

I would take that return over selling elixirs any day.

Kakashis
11-09-2015, 03:24 PM
I just thought it was funny how there's still water and nature based elixirs. Those are the worst ones, no one would buy them with plat! Another question is why do nature and water jewels practically drop a few of each per run of normal maps yet running the rengol maps yield sometimes 0 of the primary stat jewels in a few runs. Doesn't make sense to me if everything was equal. We need some more transparency on how jewels drop, as well as their rate and perhaps a balance. I still think there should be a trade in system where we can get the jewel we want when we get junk jewels like water and nature. Maybe 10 nature for one jewel of our choice? I'm pretty must just deleting water and nature jewels as they just clog up our continually shrinking inventory space. I'll leave that for another suggestion thread!

Edward Coug
11-09-2015, 04:13 PM
This is not in line with my test results as capped mage in shuyal but I can repeat to verify.

It works and is the most efficient way to farm jewels. I actually took it a step further and respeced to replace my dex with all strength.

Do main stat jewels even drop in shuyal? I spent all of my time in elite Tindrin.

AKILIOS
11-09-2015, 05:11 PM
the drop rate was changed, i used to beable to farm for 3 hours and have enough jewels to sell and buy potions and mana to keep on farming
now its different i get like 10k worth of jewels please remove jerita from the game thank you
o yeah and it seems like more water jewels and diamonds are dropping

ill repeat myself " THE DROP RATE WAS CHANGED" i wouldnt be posting if it didnt

Motherless_Child
11-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Am I the only one who wants better jewels with these new elixirs too?

I doubt it.........

Ipoopsy
11-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

We will be reading over these discussions as well as looking at the data from this event. I would like to take a moment to reassure you that we did NOT lower the normal drop rates of jewels at the same time as creating a for purchase enhancer.

It is better to have the jewels drop more often on bosses instead of mobs. This weekend test proofs that it drops too much for 8 plat~30-60 jewels in 15mins. This will actually makes players kill the elite bosses now instead of ignoring them. (No loots from boss, then why waste our time on them)

This way, STS can release stand alone jewel elixir that can be purchasable and sell to other players who are f2p.

And for the drop rates for All Classes, Mage have the best, and Rogs & Wars w/new mythics are not far behind.

And for most wars who disagree, i solo all Classes and i average about 30-50 jewels in 15mins. It all depends on which map you farm.

But Overall, the drop rates IMO are too high. Make them drop from Elite bosses is better in the long run for the game.

Lethoiun
11-09-2015, 06:15 PM
I got 15 crack fin and one damaged fin with one elixir

Energizeric
11-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Now that this "event" is over, I will post my findings..... I did not mention this up until now so as not promote this information, but I figured out a way to "abuse" these elixirs to my advantage in a way that was obviously not intended. I'm not the only one either who figured this out.... Here is what you needed to do:

1) Have a sorcerer and use the following skills with all AoE and DoT upgrades: Time Shift, Fireball, Frost, Shield

2) Next, remove your weapon, you will not need it for this.

3) Remove your belt

4) For your helm, armor, ring and amulet, use cheap legendary gear that has high armor values and high STR/Health values, and put diamond jewels in every slot.

With this setup, your damage will be lower than 250, and your armor will be higher than 2000 and health higher than 4000. This is what you want.

5) Make a solo party, and enter the elite wilds dungeon. Make sure you have a lot of potions, and it also helps to have Nekro or another good defensive pet.

6) Gather up a big group of mobs, and just keep dropping your clock, fireball and frost skills, all charged. These attacks will do little to no damage since your damage is so low, but it will be enough to keep the potion working and jewels will continue to drop over and over. It will take a few minutes to actually kill the mobs since your damage is so low. So keep circling and moving around the mobs and keep using your skills, and alternate between your shield and nekro's shield to protect yourself and keep spamming health pots.

Using this method I managed to drop as many as 65 jewels (counting cracked as 1 jewel and damaged as 3 jewels) with a single 15 minute potion. My average was 40-50.

With finesse jewels selling for 4500-5000 each, that means I was able to turn 8 plat into around 200k. With other methods of converting plat to gold, like selling elixirs or ankhs, the exchange rate is usually about 10% as much as this. So the way I see things, the long term result of having this elixir in the game would be that jewels will drop in price to around 10-20% of what they cost now.

You will notice that this single weekend did not really affect jewel prices. The reason is that finesse jewels and chaos jewels are still in great demand as very few players have reached the point of achieving noble jewels on their gear. So even with a huge supply, players kept buying them up. However, do this long term and the supply will quickly outpace the demand as players use up their gold, and prices will drop way down.

So with that in mind, I give this idea a thumbs down. I think there are better ways that STS can some extra cash than the manipulate the jewel market.

Here's an idea, how about adding some sort of very rare arcane item to the drop tables of the rengol elite dungeons. Make it a pet egg, or maybe an arcane belt? something rare that can be had from a boss drop, and can be rerolled from a mythic drop. Then luck elixirs will become more popular again. There is no need to have a new type of elixir like this one.

Here is another idea..... Make it so that a damaged jewel (of any type) can be rerolled from a cracked jewel with a luck elixir (or lep amulet). Then people will run more often with a luck elixir, but at least we will not see tons and tons of jewels dropping.

KingMartin
11-09-2015, 06:30 PM
Thank you for the event. The main drawback is well known. Because this farming is very expensive, everyone is trying to max loot for his real-life money and usually takes mage and runs hard elites solo. I wasted at least 50 plats on rogue until I understood that I must learn to play solo elite mage fast if I want to get reasonable amount of jewels for my money.

I support the idea of Serancha (edit, and Energ) - increase the basic drop rate at least by 50% (three runs in rengol for one stat jewel, really?) and let the elixir give you chance (good chance) to reroll the stat/chaos cracked into damaged or even weak (small chance). The elixir should last longer, say 30 minutes, which should cover the time for Rengol daily for most players.

Edward Coug
11-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Now that this "event" is over, I will post my findings..... I did not mention this up until now so as not promote this information, but I figured out a way to "abuse" these elixirs to my advantage in a way that was obviously not intended. I'm not the only one either who figured this out.... Here is what you needed to do:

1) Have a sorcerer and use the following skills with all AoE and DoT upgrades: Time Shift, Fireball, Frost, Shield

2) Next, remove your weapon, you will not need it for this.

3) Remove your belt

4) For your helm, armor, ring and amulet, use cheap legendary gear that has high armor values and high STR/Health values, and put diamond jewels in every slot.

With this setup, your damage will be lower than 250, and your armor will be higher than 2000 and health higher than 4000. This is what you want.

5) Make a solo party, and enter the elite wilds dungeon. Make sure you have a lot of potions, and it also helps to have Nekro or another good defensive pet.

6) Gather up a big group of mobs, and just keep dropping your clock, fireball and frost skills, all charged. These attacks will do little to no damage since your damage is so low, but it will be enough to keep the potion working and jewels will continue to drop over and over. It will take a few minutes to actually kill the mobs since your damage is so low. So keep circling and moving around the mobs and keep using your skills, and alternate between your shield and nekro's shield to protect yourself and keep spamming health pots.

Using this method I managed to drop as many as 65 jewels (counting cracked as 1 jewel and damaged as 3 jewels) with a single 15 minute potion. My average was 40-50.

With finesse jewels selling for 4500-5000 each, that means I was able to turn 8 plat into around 200k. With other methods of converting plat to gold, like selling elixirs or ankhs, the exchange rate is usually about 10% as much as this. So the way I see things, the long term result of having this elixir in the game would be that jewels will drop in price to around 10-20% of what they cost now.

You will notice that this single weekend did not really affect jewel prices. The reason is that finesse jewels and chaos jewels are still in great demand as very few players have reached the point of achieving noble jewels on their gear. So even with a huge supply, players kept buying them up. However, do this long term and the supply will quickly outpace the demand as players use up their gold, and prices will drop way down.

So with that in mind, I give this idea a thumbs down. I think there are better ways that STS can some extra cash than the manipulate the jewel market.

Here's an idea, how about adding some sort of very rare arcane item to the drop tables of the rengol elite dungeons. Make it a pet egg, or maybe an arcane belt? something rare that can be had from a boss drop, and can be rerolled from a mythic drop. Then luck elixirs will become more popular again. There is no need to have a new type of elixir like this one.

Here is another idea..... Make it so that a damaged jewel (of any type) can be rerolled from a cracked jewel with a luck elixir (or lep amulet). Then people will run more often with a luck elixir, but at least we will not see tons and tons of jewels dropping.

I used a similar method with my rogue. I bought the worst set of daggers I could find and respeced all strength in place of dex. That brought my damage down to about 250 and my health up to about 7k. I would then spec traps, razor, and nox, equip Nekro, and run elite Tindrin. My low damage and high survivability allowed me to solo big groups of mobs for ridiculous amounts of time.

I doubt I did as well as mages, but I still did very well. It required an obscene amount of pots, though.

Energizeric
11-09-2015, 07:13 PM
I'll admit that I actually felt bad buying these elixirs once I figured out this exploit. If I had spent all day yesterday doing this I could have turned my 1k plat I'm sitting on into tens of millions of gold. Instead, I only bought about 10 elixirs or so, and probably earned myself a couple million gold. Then I got bored and stopped. It felt like I was cheating.

eugene9707
11-09-2015, 07:52 PM

actually... i've gotten cracked and damaged chaos with the first couple hits in elite rangol mine ....

konafez
11-10-2015, 02:39 AM
I got 27 chaos jewels with 2 elixers in grotto...not bad

Devaux
11-10-2015, 05:23 AM
Ok at first of all where's the post about the new patch from yesterday?! Well now I can't even play. Says there isn't a version for my device. Think my AL retirement is here...

zauilet
11-10-2015, 06:35 AM
Ok at first of all where's the post about the new patch from yesterday?! Well now I can't even play. Says there isn't a version for my device. Think my AL retirement is here...
Bro if from "patch" u mean "client" thn the same thing happening wth me...I hope its a bug which. Sts can fix...

GrimSmiley
11-10-2015, 08:34 AM
Yes are you guys doing anything to fix this new update from 11/10/2015 I'm not the only one that is having the issue of not being able to play uninstalled the game tried to reinstall says its not compatible now just was on yesterday and have been playing for 3 years this is ridiculous fix ASAP

Lordconaan
11-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Great idea and greatly needed due to the high cost of crafting jewels to equal strength of the old Grand gems for the higher level gear which would be a Superb jewel !
We need this one again soon STS !
Thank you !

twoxc
11-11-2015, 10:53 AM
are these jewels elixir coming back this weekend also?

Iisolah
11-11-2015, 11:23 AM
are these jewels elixir coming back this weekend also?

pls noo... :(

JandelMan
11-16-2015, 11:59 PM
I found warrior was the best class for farming jewels if used correctly. Nice event. Forever working on my jewel collection. Any news about combining jewels?

Dotliv
11-19-2015, 08:56 PM
BeTTeR ...crafting station slots can be added more slots :02.47-tranquillity: