PDA

View Full Version : Bird or Mage? Discussion.

Magicfrost
05-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Okay so i have a level 45 paladin i love playing her but i see lvl 45-50 birds that absolutely own and it makes me want to level my 32 bird. So what should i level? And why? I mean i get bored as paladin alot but i get bored in swamps and ao1. So leveling my bird to 38 to do ao2 will take me long but once i get to ao2 ill be committed as for my mage i have to take long breaks and have foeum breaks. I am able to exiler both chars. What should i do?

Conradin
05-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Peesonally i like mages better- Birds suck down mana pots like no other.

LADYHADASSA
05-30-2011, 09:40 PM
To each their own when it comes to fav classes, i have a 56 pally a 51dex a 30 mage and 32 tank...
I personaly enjoy each class.. My dex is fun when running with others that work as a team due to the stats in gear coreden is right my dex uses many more mana pots than my mage due to the balance of regens, i switch charecters according, to my mood. I would suggest why not play both? :)

Magicfrost
05-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Whats best at pvp and pve?

Phoenixking
05-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Im more of a bird my first char its how im used to be so its up to you that makes you want to level the point is to have fun

Conradin
05-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Birds own pvp- tho mages are better in close maps.

JaytB
05-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Okay so i have a level 45 paladin i love playing her but i see lvl 45-50 birds that absolutely own and it makes me want to level my 32 bird. So what should i level? And why? I mean i get bored as paladin alot but i get bored in swamps and ao1. So leveling my bird to 38 to do ao2 will take me long but once i get to ao2 ill be committed as for my mage i have to take long breaks and have foeum breaks. I am able to exiler both chars. What should i do?

I'd say, before you decide, try a pure int Mage instead of a paladin first. While pallies are easy to survive with, they simply lack the huge aoe dmg a pure int can dish out. I solo a lot and, generally, my Mage clears most maps quicker than my bird. Admittedly, this might not be true for all maps. On top of that it's a lot easier to survive with a Mage as compared to a bird, even when you're full int.

And, as conradin already said, a bird guzzles down pots like there's no tomorrow.

Raulur
05-31-2011, 06:06 AM
Dex birds clear things faster if it's a map where the mobs are close together, int mage is probably faster in open spaces. Just my opinion.

Like the person above said, try a respec. Paladins are tough, but damage is severely lacking. I became bored playing my int mage because its so much easier than bird if you time your shield right.

DOAPSaint
05-31-2011, 06:37 AM
I say go bear...!
;)

Fyrce
05-31-2011, 12:35 PM
I love both bird and mage and I switch between them a lot depending on what I want to do. I love love love bear and did for a long time, but I find it a bit clumsy for sewers, which is REALLY REALLY REALLY sad, cause bears rock! Oh, except for the giant gathers -- bears are great for that in BS and it's LOTS of fun! Giant mob groups FTW!