PDA

View Full Version : Are Traps Supposed to Stack Bleed?

DarrenPR
11-06-2015, 11:34 AM
I'm hoping to get a simple yes or no answer out of this question: was it intended for a Rogue with Entangling Trap and the Razor Wire upgrade to be able to stack the bleed effect?

By stacking bleed effect, I mean should a rogue who uses and hits an enemy with 2 traps be able to see 2 distinct damage amounts, once per second for 5 seconds (as the description of the skill states it should) or should the rogue only expect to see 1 bleed damage effect?

This also applies to the situation where there is more than 1 rogue in a party and each is using traps. Should the rogues be able to each use 1 trap and EACH see a hit of damage to the enemy, or should only the first rogue who used the trap see any bleed damage to the enemy?

I hope to get an answer to this question. Depending on the answer, I may follow up with another thread addressing some concerns.

Caabatric
11-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Well, I would assume, since mages dot all stack, and you should see distinct damage numbers.

Also, in a party with more than one rogue, they should stack. Button can only see the damage you and your pet deal.

Morholt
11-06-2015, 01:39 PM
If I recall, only one bleed will take effect. Kind of a waste of skill points since most pets do it, though skills generally hit more targets.

But I'm recalling from long ago.
Can't always trust an old man's memory. :P

DarrenPR
11-06-2015, 02:07 PM
If I recall, only one bleed will take effect. Kind of a waste of skill points since most pets do it, though skills generally hit more targets.

But I'm recalling from long ago.
Can't always trust an old man's memory. :P

Well, I requested information from former AL allstar Kalizzaa this question, and he said towards the end of last season, STS made the change so that bleeds do stack and that was one of the reasons he really promoted the use of traps for pve.

I have done some of my own testing in controlled environments, which have conclusively shown that multiple bleed effects can stack (like pet bleed + trap bleed, etc) but 2 trap bleeds will not stack together, whether it is you yourself using 2 or more traps on 1 enemy or if it is multiple rogues each using 1 trap on an enemy - only 1 bleed takes effect, and only 1 person will see the 1 bleed damage tick per second.

I made a post about this about a month ago in technical issues, which never got to see the light of day - so I made this one now in general, asking something that is a bit more general (so mods don't just send it to suggestions/technical issues to die like the first thread) and simply want clarification if the current way that trap bleeds work is intended or not. If the bleeds are not supposed to stack, there is no problem and I will simply respec my skills. If they are supposed to stack, there needs to be some debugging done by the programmers to get this issue resolved.

Xdumbx
11-12-2015, 02:38 PM
5 days and still no answer.

.................They answered you question

Avaree
11-24-2015, 06:15 PM
Tested again (two days ago) darren, same results as yours above.

*Thanks Jaz for helping test*

Jazzi
11-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Yes, bleed does not stack atm. And yes it most definitely used to stack. What is more funny though is the damage bleed does. It is about 160 on average in normal jagged trail. It used to do more than that last season in planar tomb 3. My damage increased by 300.... the bleed damage decreased. I wonder how this is possible.

DarrenPR
11-25-2015, 12:07 PM
Thanks guys for confirming further that the bleeds don't stack.

Edward Coug
11-25-2015, 01:59 PM
I'd really like to know the answer to this question.

raw
11-25-2015, 02:58 PM
...19 days and still no answer

Jazzi
11-26-2015, 06:47 PM
Since this is a thread about rogues' skills not working properly I just want to add, that 2 of the upgrades of SSS (range upgrade and hit more enemies upgrade) currently don't work. I don't know if they ever worked. So this makes 2 of our skills not working properly at the moment. Two out of 8. I really hope that we get an answer here and a swift resolution.

Thanks in advance!

Jazzi
11-30-2015, 12:35 PM
Bumping this thread in hopes of an answer

Killian229
12-01-2015, 09:43 AM
Wow really....answer these guys!I really hope they are just way to busy balancing this game in general(Christmas gift?).free bump.

Edward Coug
12-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Trapity, trap, trapity, trap.

DarrenPR
12-04-2015, 04:00 PM
almost a whole month now, crazy

Edward Coug
12-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Wow so crazy traps from bleed nott stacking, and mage went 2 years with a heal giving +10 HoT^_^

It only took like 2.5 years to fix Serrated Arrowhead. And Razor Shield. Isn't Shadow Storm Shot still bugged? What about the glintstone trap bonus stun?

Bugs for all classes need to get fixed.

I really want traps to be fixed if bleed is supposed to stack.

Avaree
12-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Since this is a thread about rogues' skills not working properly I just want to add, that 2 of the upgrades of SSS (range upgrade and hit more enemies upgrade) currently don't work. I don't know if they ever worked. So this makes 2 of our skills not working properly at the moment. Two out of 8. I really hope that we get an answer here and a swift resolution.

Thanks in advance!

Interesting findings when testing today. "Glint traps" will consecutively stun for 4 seconds (different from prior testings, was the upgraded entangled trapped fixed and not mentioned) as long as mob isnt taking on bleeding d.o.t. from a previous glint trap. The glint traps will not stun at all when a regular trap is activated and giving d.o.t..

Also after a mob being "glint stunned" for 4 seconds, rogues with sequenced charged auto attacks using a glint bow can Keep the mobs stunned for additional seconds, (usually 1-1.5 seconds per hit) unfortunatley it feels like it takes 1/2 hour to charge the auto attack. The glint traps will pull those auto stunned mobs, and stun again for 4 seconds.
(Ofc the glint traps or glint bows charged will not stun bosses, mobs only.)

The bleed on the traps still don't stack.

:) enjoy the game!

Jazzi
12-07-2015, 01:08 PM
We are looking at a month without a reply on the skill which is the perk of the lvl 46 myth. In the meantime the list of awkward mechanics/bugs is growing.

ueveotadeo
12-07-2015, 01:31 PM
We are looking at a month without a reply on the skill which is the perk of the lvl 46 myth. In the meantime the list of awkward mechanics/bugs is growing.

Well, warrs have been asking for at least 12 months for some PVE skills review....

patience you must have young padawan!

Ticklish
12-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Interesting findings when testing today. "Glint traps" will consecutively stun for 4 seconds (different from prior testings, was the upgraded entangled trapped fixed and not mentioned) as long as mob isnt taking on bleeding d.o.t. from a previous glint trap. The glint traps will not stun at all when a regular trap is activated and giving d.o.t..

Also after a mob being "glint stunned" for 4 seconds, rogues with sequenced charged auto attacks using a glint bow can Keep the mobs stunned for additional seconds, (usually 1-1.5 seconds per hit) unfortunatley it feels like it takes 1/2 hour to charge the auto attack. The glint traps will pull those auto stunned mobs, and stun again for 4 seconds.
(Ofc the glint traps or glint bows charged will not stun bosses, mobs only.)

The bleed on the traps still don't stack.

:) enjoy the game!

This is interesting. So this basically renders the consecutive trap skill upgrade useless. If bleed doesnt stack and mobs cannot be stunned while bleeding from previous trap. However the pull is still good, so I wonder if I'm better off with or without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wowdah
12-07-2015, 10:06 PM
I tested this too, and I don't see the stack on the traps. Interesting.

DarrenPR
12-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Well, warrs have been asking for at least 12 months for some PVE skills review....

patience you must have young padawan!

Yes, patience is key.

Thing is, I'm not asking for a fix just yet. Simply a developer to "yes, traps are supposed to stack the bleed effect" or "no, traps are not supposed to stack bleed effects". We can beg for a fix later, if deemed necessary. In my opinion, it shouldn't take over a month to be able to say "yes" or "no" but then again, maybe it does.

ueveotadeo
12-09-2015, 02:12 PM
Yes, patience is key.

Thing is, I'm not asking for a fix just yet. Simply a developer to "yes, traps are supposed to stack the bleed effect" or "no, traps are not supposed to stack bleed effects". We can beg for a fix later, if deemed necessary. In my opinion, it shouldn't take over a month to be able to say "yes" or "no" but then again, maybe it does.

Couldn't agree more with you! As I said on some other thread, Customer Relationship is horrible!

wowdah
12-13-2015, 12:00 AM
Bump asdf char

nelson131
12-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Bumpity bump bump

Edward Coug
12-28-2015, 04:59 PM
Still waiting.

Edward Coug
01-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Bumping this thread again.

Jakubson
01-09-2016, 07:56 AM
I always wonder why after planting trap mobs didnt stun sometimes....ty ava for explaining.

Anyways, pretty sad that 2 months of checking this thread r gone n still no reply from sts guys...

I dont understand why they r telling about new skills when in old ones is mess....

raw
01-09-2016, 03:07 PM
I concur with jak. The only activity I've seen is a thread about kill farming I posted on being deleted by a mod. So they're here, but clearly don't think this is a priority.

StrangeAsylum
01-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Two months, we still await a response.
Can we please have answer?

Jazzi
01-11-2016, 05:24 PM
Still patiently waiting for a reply on this and the bugged shadow storm strike skill ( range and number of mobs upgrades not working at all ) !! Ty sts in advance for your reply!

Edward Coug
01-12-2016, 02:33 PM
The suspense is killing me.

Ninetofive
01-12-2016, 02:40 PM
This thread has been featured in Arcane Legends Latest News (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?288961-Arcane-Legends-Latest-News). Story permalink is here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?288961-Arcane-Legends-Latest-News&p=2369424&viewfull=1#post2369424).

StrangeAsylum
01-12-2016, 05:57 PM
The suspense is killing me.
I share the same sentiment.

DarrenPR
01-16-2016, 01:44 PM
This thread has been featured in Arcane Legends Latest News (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?288961-Arcane-Legends-Latest-News). Story permalink is here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?288961-Arcane-Legends-Latest-News&p=2369424&viewfull=1#post2369424).

Thanks for featuring this on the sticky thread! Maybe it'll get some attention being there.

StrangeAsylum
02-06-2016, 04:51 AM
Any news regarding this?

Sent from my SM-G350 using Tapatalk

Veenihiv
02-06-2016, 05:44 AM
Bump :eagerness:

Oezheasate
02-07-2016, 06:23 AM
Free bump for all the rogues that carry me around elites.

Edward Coug
02-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Still waiting. Even a one-word response would be nice. (Heck, I'll settle for an emoji.)

Jazzi
02-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Still waiting. Even a one-word response would be nice. (Heck, I'll settle for an emoji.)

rolf...............:listening_headphone

Tatman
02-09-2016, 07:04 PM
This obviously isn't a priority.

Sky_is_epicgear
02-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Come on Devs... We know you here, i see you locking other much newer threads than this but can't take 2 minutes to say a few words here... What do we have to do?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk