PDA

View Full Version : How Long Does Full Cyber Take?

Biuzi
05-31-2011, 03:18 AM
Title says it all, how long does full cyber take to get preferably in hours, thanks all.

Ayrilana
05-31-2011, 03:28 AM
Depends on:

How good your group is
Whether you have the same one consistently farming as opposed to PUGs
Whether you only go for keeper and not waste time killing Gurg and OL
Luck with totem drops

With a group consistently farming keeper and remaking, I'd say you can finish in about ten hours as the last two don't take nearly as long as the first two. The average is around 20 or so. It might take you longer now since there aren't as many VL groups anymore.

OverkillED
05-31-2011, 03:35 AM
my groups were then terrible and my friends are now too busy going for BS stuff to help with cyber anymore. i gave up :(

Mr.Wallace
05-31-2011, 03:56 AM
I'm just finishing my third set, with optimal groups and lucky double drops in victory lap you can be done in 5 to 8 hours I'd say.

With badly coordinated groups it exactly takes... forever. :)

The victory lap part is usually easier than the captive audience part because it s a pain to find captive teams.

Raulur
05-31-2011, 05:54 AM
You are very likely to get to level 53 before you finish it. Personally, I think the cyber quests should start at 48. At least then you'd have something to work towards while grinding to 50.

Hint: For totems/shards, it's way easier for a high level bird group to do ctk over and over. You'll probably make decent cash and exp there too. Victory Lap is very dangerous for birds when you have ppl knocking the mini bosses around and aggroing more mobs in the process.

Lamp
05-31-2011, 08:11 AM
Er,it took me quite a long time,took me about 2 or 3 weeks,but depends if you try or not.if you try,prob take you like 1week.maybe shorter

Riccits
05-31-2011, 08:23 AM
i got all cyber sets when i was lvl 50 it took me 10-13h. with a level 55 group should be much faster.

Ayrilana
05-31-2011, 09:52 AM
You are very likely to get to level 53 before you finish it. Personally, I think the cyber quests should start at 48. At least then you'd have something to work towards while grinding to 50.

Hint: For totems/shards, it's way easier for a high level bird group to do ctk over and over. You'll probably make decent cash and exp there too. Victory Lap is very dangerous for birds when you have ppl knocking the mini bosses around and aggroing more mobs in the process.

I disagree. With a high level group you can blast through those mini-bosses without much trouble. You can kill the keeper in VL in about 2-3 min.

CrimsonTider
05-31-2011, 10:30 AM
It's not that bad. Tedious, yes, but you will make a good amount of gold while doing it.

xantor
05-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Is the cyber set really worth the work?

Ayrilana
05-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Not anymore since sewer greens/oranges/purples are better. It really wasn't worth doing except for mages. The STR set was far inferior to rift and the DEX set was just a little below Void.

Riccits
05-31-2011, 10:56 AM

cyber rift not. the other are similar to the cosmos and void sets. depends if u wanna buy the other sets or want the pain of quest.
the void,cosmos or rift set dont loose worth anymore seems. u wont loose much money by buy and sell them..
but at lvl 51 u will go for sewer items probably wich are way better...

Tamino
05-31-2011, 10:59 AM
For birds the talon/wing combo is good until 55, and you don't pay for it. All others... I saw many bears with cyber, but I preferred Rift. The same for mages and Cosmos set.

IMHO, doing Cyber is a good way to gain some money and level to 53, that is the minimum level you will be (somehow) accepted in BS games and the BS gears will start to be cheap and better than corresponding premium 50 pinks.

kamikazees
05-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Not anymore since sewer greens/oranges/purples are better. It really wasn't worth doing except for mages. The STR set was far inferior to rift and the DEX set was just a little below Void.

Agree. I thought it was worth it for my mage, but I was poor and did not want to buy those expensive 51 and 53 sewer items. Cyber is better than Cosmos, although neither are as good as Shadows. It took me about 12 hours, and I was level 51.5 when I finished.

Mennddoza
05-31-2011, 12:11 PM
It took me about 2-3 hours but I was going hard care

Sigkill
05-31-2011, 12:17 PM
On my bird it took hours for me to finish it I think at least 7-8 when I was lvl 50. I did the quests and I'm happy that I finished them, the Bird set is the only one that is worthwhile nowadays maybe the mage set

Ayrilana
05-31-2011, 02:55 PM
It took me about 2-3 hours but I was going hard care

Statistically impossible to do it in 2-3 hours. Assuming 2 min keeper run in VL that's 30 runs an hour. Assuming you get 2 totems each time then that's 60 totems an hour. You need 150 totems/shards so that's 2.5 hours for just the first two quests.

KingFu
05-31-2011, 03:29 PM

Depends what level you are, and what you want it for.

Cyber rift looks cool, but the set bonus is trash compared to the regular rift set IMO. It does have a 2H set (plasma battle sword), but the gurgox rift champion is far superior in my eyes.

Cyber cosmos is great. The staff set isn't my favorite (since it uses a cyber mirage staff. Not a keeper staff. So it's single target), however the wand set works great! I used it with my Mage and int bear at 50, and it was very effective. Worked well, and was better than regular cosmos wand "set" since the cyber has a set bonus. When comparing the staff sets, I prefer the keeper set in a long run.

Cyber void is hard for me to say. I don't have it, but it seems to be a little worse than the regular void set (when comparing blaster sets). Cyber offers 2 more armor, and 2 more damage, while regular void blaster set offers more regen (about 3 more MS and 1 more HS) 5 more crit, and 5 more hit. The talon set is the main plus side of the cyber void.

That being said, all cyber sets look cooler in my opinion, so some people just get em for town gear, or free booster gear. They're nice sets, but not the best. If you want town gear/cool looking gear, booster gear, or a void talon set/cosmos wand set for free, it may be worth it. I wouldn't bother getting rift unless it's for looks.

All shadow cave gear is superior over cyber IMO, so cyber isn't the best in any sense, however the pricing gab between cyber and shadow gear is huge. So it's up to you:)

Pandamoni
05-31-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't remember but I will tell you that captive audience just about caused me to lose my mind. It's so hard to find a group that won't open all of the tanks, free the bosses before clearing the middle and then leave you there to die. That quest is one I won't even attempt if I ever get my bird that high. I don't think I have the patience to do it again.

StompArtist
05-31-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't remember but I will tell you that captive audience just about caused me to lose my mind. It's so hard to find a group that won't open all of the tanks, free the bosses before clearing the middle and then leave you there to die. That quest is one I won't even attempt if I ever get my bird that high. I don't think I have the patience to do it again.

If you find people who will do it properly I would join.

JoeTheBird
05-31-2011, 03:50 PM
For my old level 50 mage... 3 days. Not too bad considering the set :)
If you have money to just buy a set iut is a lot faster but in some cases the cyber set is better

Pandamoni
05-31-2011, 04:05 PM
If you find people who will do it properly I would join.

I might take u up on that offer! I don't even ask friends to do it because I think that's like asking your friends to join you in hell.

Sky../
05-31-2011, 04:12 PM
It really depends. Do you have a klondike bar waiting for you in the end?

Whirlzap
05-31-2011, 04:34 PM
For birds the talon/wing combo is good until 55, and you don't pay for it. All others... I saw many bears with cyber, but I preferred Rift. The same for mages and Cosmos set.

IMHO, doing Cyber is a good way to gain some money and level to 53, that is the minimum level you will be (somehow) accepted in BS games and the BS gears will start to be cheap and better than corresponding premium 50 pinks.
Not true.
I got accepted as a level 48.
And i did 48-53 in a day so i guess he

Pandamoni
05-31-2011, 04:41 PM
It really depends. Do you have a klondike bar waiting for you in the end?

Great, now I'm going to be singing that stupid song all day! *shakes fist at you*

Zeusofire
05-31-2011, 05:53 PM
honestly, and i had no super motivation once i had full shadow... and sold it... way underprice... then lost ALL my money, it took me 3-4 months... Started once i reached 50 in late december finished it for fun once I got bored of slow grinding to 56 and farming... about a month ago...

Mennddoza
05-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Statistically impossible to do it in 2-3 hours. Assuming 2 min keeper run in VL that's 30 runs an hour. Assuming you get 2 totems each time then that's 60 totems an hour. You need 150 totems/shards so that's 2.5 hours for just the first two quests.

It was quick and fast, i didnt only get 2 per game at most but i also got 3 everyother game. i made sure i had an excellent team, but your calculations it probably took a little bit longer :)

Sky../
05-31-2011, 07:30 PM
It was quick and fast, i didnt only get 2 per game at most but i also got 3 everyother game. i made sure i had an excellent team, but your calculations it probably took a little bit longer :)

They probably changed something. Cause when i got my cyber set, max drop of totem/shards was 2. And there's the occassional 0 and 1.

Otukura
05-31-2011, 07:42 PM
I'd say 5-10 hours depending on your group, and because the 51 sets are much better, I don't think it's worth your time unless you are dual. They're very nice for boosting.