PDA

View Full Version : Do Something about the Drops!

Biuzi
05-31-2011, 04:17 AM
Devs I hope you read this but this is annoying me so much now.
This level 48 in sewers comes in gets a pink, when I'm level 55 and only had one.
And just now a level 55 comes for the last 5 seconds of Goldfever and gets SQ Cowl.
Its not fair to people who do heaps and get nothing.

Slush
05-31-2011, 04:30 AM
We need a new drop system, this pure luck thing is getting on my nerves...

Biuzi
05-31-2011, 04:32 AM
I know what you mean, been doing sewers since 50, now 55, no pinks, a 48 comes, pink first go.

thugimmortal
05-31-2011, 04:41 AM
I know what you mean, been doing sewers since 50, now 55, no pinks, a 48 comes, pink first go.

i didnt think a lvl 48 could join a sewer run now ?
it should have denied them access because they are below 50

Biuzi
05-31-2011, 04:43 AM
Two levels below can join sewer because its level 50.

JaytB
05-31-2011, 04:54 AM
I agree that it can be very frustrating at times. As said in another thread, I heard friends complaining when they didn't get a pink in 3 (three!!) days O.o
I've leveled my Mage (without elix) from 55-56, with 1 (worthless) pink drop. With my bird, it wasn't much better really. I got 1 semi-worthfull pink from 55-56.
It really made me wonder if drops are really as random as everybody says they are. A friend, who I'll not name here, gets a pink every day or so (and no, he's not lying because I'm there most of the times when he gets it).

I agree that there should be done something about that. Equal out the chances or something, or increase your luck temporarily if you have done 100's of runs without anything.

I, for now, have had it with the sewers. I don't even try running for pinks anymore. I got so frustrated that the game just wasn't fun anymore. I'm talking 100's of runs without anything here. If I play sewers, I do it only to level my last char to 56, but don't expect to get anything in the process. I'm back to merchanting, at least there I can make enough gold to feed my different toons :)

Biuzi
05-31-2011, 05:07 AM
Can you teach me to merchant really good and pick up deals etc?
Thanks.

NeoQueen
05-31-2011, 05:42 AM
What would be the best way to increase ones chances of getting a pink?

Increased chance the longer you run the sewers back to back, with a reset once you get a pink?

Only possible to get a pink if you've been there for 50%+ of the run?

Have the pinks ranked by current worth (maybe by current market value) and then have an increased chance of getting a worthwhile pink the longer you run the sewers back to back?

Or maybe runs should be cumulative, so that no matter when or how often you run the sewers your chances keep increasing to get a pink until you get one and then it's reset?

Marcoolio
05-31-2011, 05:48 AM
I play in sewer 52-56 and i get only couple (2-4) 100k pink but i see almost everyday 1-3 600k pinks in my group so thats make lill mad but i think im immunity to get sewer pinks. Last time i get recipe i think i get something good but when i go CS i see price is 15k :(

Like mm robe and bracer drops almost everyday someone in my group but no me.

Life is life and now i make good gold in merchanting.. not been in sewer only couple times after 56 lol

JaytB
05-31-2011, 06:08 AM
Can you teach me to merchant really good and pick up deals etc?
Thanks.

Sent you a PM, with some 'tips&tricks' ;)

Fatpigwarrior
05-31-2011, 06:16 AM
Haha send one to me pls

DOAPSaint
05-31-2011, 06:30 AM
It's not just the sewers where I get annoyed... I've been trying to farm level 15 pinks but all I get are grays, whites, and oranges... after killing the boss about 300 times I got a pink, but it was completely worthless...! Now I've killed the boss over 600 times and nothing... I've started losing interest in the game because I feel like it's impossible and I don't want to farm anymore, yet there's nothing else to do.

Devs, could you at least make it so that the boss' that have a super low drop rate don't drop trash pinks? You know how discouraging it is to farm for days, and when you finally loot a pink, it's completely worthless? You can't use it, no one wants it... :(

JaytB
05-31-2011, 06:30 AM
Haha send one to me pls

Done buddy ;)

Riccits
05-31-2011, 07:20 AM

send me a copy too, iam curious :)

Valsacar
05-31-2011, 07:23 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gbZ6Oe6SVvQ/TNWeDG4hZSI/AAAAAAAABNc/YYMjHRV8VNo/s1600/whambulance2.jpg

JaytB
05-31-2011, 07:29 AM
send me a copy too, iam curious :)

Done ;)

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/455158/original/whambulance.jpg%22]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/455158/original/whambulance.jpg

It's not whining, it's venting. And isn't b*tches an offensive word?

Fawayleik
05-31-2011, 07:41 AM
It's not just the sewers where I get annoyed... I've been trying to farm level 15 pinks but all I get are grays, whites, and oranges... after killing the boss about 300 times I got a pink, but it was completely worthless...! Now I've killed the boss over 600 times and nothing... I've started losing interest in the game because I feel like it's impossible and I don't want to farm anymore, yet there's nothing else to do.

Devs, could you at least make it so that the boss' that have a super low drop rate don't drop trash pinks? You know how discouraging it is to farm for days, and when you finally loot a pink, it's completely worthless? You can't use it, no one wants it... :(

Do 600 sewer runs and u are rich.
Do 600 keeperruns and u got 1.5 mil
After u buy all lvl15 pinks u wich
Low lvl beyond 19 is expansive, interesting to lvl up fast. But my advice is to go dex first and get dex gear and snowball gun - one reason why they are so expansive. (80k around)

Greets
Kg
Have fun

Valsacar
05-31-2011, 07:47 AM
Done ;)

It's not whining, it's venting. And isn't b*tches an offensive word?

Oooh... teach me to do a quick google search and not look at the original image. Fixed.

WJJ
05-31-2011, 07:47 AM

I would like some tips also. THNX.

Conradin
05-31-2011, 07:50 AM
Hey i havent fot one sewer pink teh drop for meh. I personally like the random drops- the problem we face is gold inflation.

thecakeisaspy
05-31-2011, 07:54 AM

can i get those tips&tricks too? also maybe they could have a system like tf2 has, with a cap per week, but a higher drop rate.

JaytB
05-31-2011, 07:57 AM
I would like some tips also. THNX.

Done :)

can i get those tips&tricks too? also maybe they could have a system like tf2 has, with a cap per week, but a higher drop rate.

And, done :)

Marcoolio
05-31-2011, 08:36 AM
Well if u know something what i dont..(what i think)i like to get too some extra tips.

grenadiers
05-31-2011, 08:47 AM
Im pretty good at merchanting but I would like to see your tips and tricks also:)

Aculeas
05-31-2011, 08:55 AM
I cannot remember who said it so I can't quote them but they said something along the lines of... FARM UNTIL YOUR FINGERS BLEED. Getting a good drop in The Sewers is like winning the lottery. Don't play the powerball the odds are really long. Instead play the smaller scratch off games that have quick pay outs. That's junk talk for go farm somwhere else.

JaytB
05-31-2011, 09:10 AM
Well if u know something what i dont..(what i think)i like to get too some extra tips.

Done buddy :)

Im pretty good at merchanting but I would like to see your tips and tricks also:)

As said in the PM, it's just the basics of merchanting. There are other ways too ;)

StompArtist
05-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Did someone mention tips and tricks???

CrimsonTider
05-31-2011, 09:43 AM
I personally have made a good chunck of change running Expeditions and Keeper. One gives decent pinks (approx 20k per drop) the other gives a decent amount of gold. I do the occasional sewer run butoxing it up lately has help me stay fresh. Just a suggestion.

JaytB
05-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Did someone mention tips and tricks???

PM'ed it to you ;)

StompArtist
05-31-2011, 10:14 AM
PM'ed it to you ;)

Thank you!!!

xantor
05-31-2011, 10:47 AM
I have done so many sewer runs from lvl 51 to almost half way to 56. I have yet to get a pink from sewers. I've seen many but none for me

matamurman
05-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Its not just the sewers I farm everyday for nothing, and sewers been there from 50 now 54 and used xp elix twice look at my lvl and my kills almost 18k kills and only 2k xp into 54 and I've seriously only got 2 pinks from sewers 1 royal plate and sheild recipie I agree something needs to be done

Gluttony
05-31-2011, 11:04 AM
BS is just so boring to farm, I mean it's entirely possible to clear the entire map and only get one orange from the boss. Mini-bosses don't have to drop anything, mob don't drop anything, it's just a tiring grind to get to the cap. The worse part is putting my faith in a random system that seems to reward the more unworthy of the group, be it because they just joined while the rest of the party was killing the boss only to arrive in seconds of the death of the boss and got a pink, or they were died and just laid there while collecting their pink. I'm sure it's just a coincidence (I hope), but we all have stories of the new player joins your grinding group only to receive the first pink that you all have seen for hours. We all have stories, pictures and gripes about how fail the system is. I personally just want a system where everyone knows where their chances stand (and perhaps even create their own luck (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27161-Weekly-quests-Luck) from time to time).

Riccits
05-31-2011, 11:45 AM
BS is just so boring to farm, I mean it's entirely possible to clear the entire map and only get one orange from the boss. Mini-bosses don't have to drop anything, mob don't drop anything, it's just a tiring grind to get to the cap. The worse part is putting my faith in a random system that seems to reward the more unworthy of the group, be it because they just joined while the rest of the party was killing the boss only to arrive in seconds of the death of the boss and got a pink, or they were died and just laid there while collecting their pink. I'm sure it's just a coincidence (I hope), but we all have stories of the new player joins your grinding group only to receive the first pink that you all have seen for hours. We all have stories, pictures and gripes about how fail the system is. I personally just want a system where everyone knows where their chances stand (and perhaps even create their own luck (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27161-Weekly-quests-Luck) from time to time).

yep the luck shall variating. not killing mobs of a round should lower luck. killing same bosses over times should higher up luck. players wich spend more time in playing should get out more in some way.
luck for drops is good, just BS is esagerating a bit..

Baked-Potato
05-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Never got a good pink drop in AO3 and only got 1 pink in BS that was worth 100k in my time of playing PL. Do you see me complaining? No. Its called life. Whether its farming in PL and get squat and a noob gets a pink, or filling out applications for a job and never get a call back when someone with less experience gets hired on spot. Just move on.

Fyrce
05-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Maybe I'm weird but I thought the drops from K/Q, Trash Heap were pretty good... GK isn't bad either. I think GF is the stingiest, but not worse than stingiest Ao2 or Ao3 or old Swamps drops.