View Full Version : Spam

Valsacar
05-31-2011, 08:39 AM
People, mainly around the CS, just spam and spam.. it's irritating and my ignore list is getting massive. Perhaps the wonderful devs could code up a quick little fix for that. Something simple like say the same thing 3 times in a row (or within X amount of time) they lose the ability to talk for a period of time. Won't be a cure all, but should help a bit.

Marcoolio
05-31-2011, 08:42 AM
Totaly agree.. Cs is place to sell why spam??

Gluttony
05-31-2011, 08:44 AM
To save gold, if you spam you don't have to pay the listing fee.. It's like using Craigslist instead of eBay, since the buyers are in your current location and are willing to pay you make a deal right then and there (it's even got the occasional flake just like in rl).

Valsacar
05-31-2011, 09:04 AM
To save gold, if you spam you don't have to pay the listing fee.. It's like using Craigslist instead of eBay, since the buyers are in your current location and are willing to pay you make a deal right then and there (it's even got the occasional flake just like in rl).

I could understand doing it every so often, I'm talking about the guys that keep repeating the same thing every second or two. I'm sure I'm not the only one that puts them on ignore quick. Personally, I would spend more in CS for an item than encourage spamming idiots by buying from them.

Gluttony
05-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Think of spammers like adware (malware if you're more familiar with it), they keep hitting you with messages (pop-ups) and tell you about their product. Now for the cyber-savvy we just remove said adware (ignore function), but some don't and fall prey to the circumstance and eventually purchase said product. Bottom line, you may ignore them but some won't and eventually their item may be purchased, thus reinforcing this negative behavior.

thugimmortal
05-31-2011, 09:48 AM
players spamming in the cs i dont mind but in a dungeon its a no go
i agree its a bit annoying seeing them repeat it over but they are just battling each other so thier sale is top of the chat window so players that have just joined the town have a chance to see.

i do understand why they do it
yeah its cs tax avoidance but its also a way to quick sale
how do you think players sold items before the cs was introduced.

Redbridge
05-31-2011, 09:48 AM
I agree.... I believe Spamming is bannable. I try to politely remind people of that. Some are grateful, some aren't.

I suggets to them to allow a gap of at least three or four other speakers between their adverts....

I like the idea of some sort of coding to prevent spamming...

I just ignore/move rooms if it becomes an issue..... though they are spoiling the game...

thugimmortal
05-31-2011, 10:00 AM
I agree.... I believe Spamming is bannable. I try to politely remind people of that. Some are grateful, some aren't.

I suggets to them to allow a gap of at least three or four other speakers between their adverts....

I like the idea of some sort of coding to prevent spamming...

I just ignore/move rooms if it becomes an issue..... though they are spoiling the game...

I dont think spamming sales is bannable half the game would be banned lol
i think spamming that is bannable is just random rubbish that has nothing to do with the game being spammed or offencive stuff.

JaytB
05-31-2011, 10:02 AM
To quote yourself...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gbZ6Oe6SVvQ/TNWeDG4hZSI/AAAAAAAABNc/YYMjHRV8VNo/s1600/whambulance2.jpg

;)

Valsacar
05-31-2011, 10:04 AM
To quote yourself...

;)

Thanks, I was actually expecting that as I was writing it.

There's always more... like stomp happy bears that refuse to listen, and people that host public games without a password and then boot anyone that joins...

Ayrilana
05-31-2011, 10:21 AM
I just put them on ignore. Problem solved.

DawnInfinity
05-31-2011, 10:26 AM
It used to be so much worse. There wasn't a waiting time in between messages previously, and people would just spam spam spam away. FH days.

kjzhu9
05-31-2011, 11:00 AM
i usually try to wait at least 30 seconds between each selling post.... u rlly should just deal with it if ur in the CS room cuz its THE place for selling... that way its easier for sellers to let their buyers know that they arent ripping them off by letting them easily check the CS... imo u should just deal with it if ur in the CS room

Gluttony
05-31-2011, 11:15 AM
A 30 sec gap is spamming imo, I mean do you really think that Balefort is that busy that you're going to reach a whole new group of people every 30 seconds? You have to realize that it's mostly the same people who saw what you were selling in the first place. I understand that it's advertisement, but you should understand what you're doing yourself. People see the same ad fill up their screen so they then ignore you, if some/most/all people in the room do that, you've now ruined your chances of selling to those particular players (perhaps indefinitely). Most people don't clear their ignore lists, they figure if you got yourself added to the list you deserve to be there. I understand that cs is the place to sell items, but you have to draw the line somewhere. Allow the entire chat window to be filled with other ads/chat/spam before you proceed to repeat your pre-programmed speech, tyvm.

Aculeas
05-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Hey.... Spam belongs in a can. So CAN THE SPAM.

Sigkill
05-31-2011, 12:19 PM
I just put them on ignore. Problem solved.

So true lol