PDA

View Full Version : Please Direct Weak Players To the Forums.

Aculeas
05-31-2011, 11:24 AM
It's really simple if you see a weak player who doesn't know the combos or farming strategies send them over to the forums. Even the beggers. Be nice and curtious with your words. Don't put them down by being hurtful. Encourage them to learn and grow. We were all new once and even though most of us made it on our own that doesn't mean we can't give them a push in the right direction. And the right direction leads to Spacetimestudios.com forums where the best of the best ARE all willing to help!

Then hopefully they will take the knowledge they have aquired and pass it on. Creating efficient PL players for generations to come.

Thank You for your Kindness.

StompArtist
05-31-2011, 11:28 AM
...and make sure you greet them with: "Welcome weakling: Bow down to your masters and do our bidding!".

Aculeas
05-31-2011, 11:37 AM
...and make sure you greet them with: "Welcome weakling: Bow down to your masters and do our bidding!".

HILARIOUS! LOL! I'm pretty sure some players would be into that >_>

I can see it now samhayne in a black robe knighting some kid saying ," I dub thee Darth Nuub. Rise... and accept the powers of the dancing banana."

Superdexme
05-31-2011, 11:43 AM
This kid was begging for gold in BC (remembering the amount of begging I did as a begginer, and how confusing stuff was) I gave him enough gold to buy himself some new gear (you would have to after seeing him lol) and helped him by telling him about the forums and that its a good place to gets questions answered. I did my part :P

thugimmortal
05-31-2011, 11:57 AM
It's really simple if you see a weak player who doesn't know the combos or farming strategies send them over to the forums. Even the beggers. Be nice and curtious with your words. Don't put them down by being hurtful. Encourage them to learn and grow. We were all new once and even though most of us made it on our own that doesn't mean we can't give them a push in the right direction. And the right direction leads to Spacetimestudios.com forums where the best of the best ARE all willing to help!

Then hopefully they will take the knowledge they have aquired and pass it on. Creating efficient PL players for generations to come.

Thank You for your Kindness.

I have been directing players to the forums since november i even used to have the web address on preset and randomly press it while in towns.
i point everyone to the forums because everyone has or will have a question.
im also giving out random stuff to new people all the time i get a good feeling when i help other players out not because of goa as ive done it even before they existed.
its just the sort of guy i am.

drewcapu
05-31-2011, 12:04 PM
I direct even the players who seem to be doing well.

They're the ones who are most open to ideas they never thought of to help bring their understanding to the next level.

Aculeas
05-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Shining examples of awesomeness I encourage everyone to follow these examples and do the same! Great players. Great game. Great forum and an overall great community. I often say a good player can always be better.

Lowlyspy
05-31-2011, 03:23 PM
People definitely need to get on the forums, ive been asked dozens of times about where i got my fiery antennas and everytime i tell them where i got them and about the forums. :)

Pandamoni
05-31-2011, 03:25 PM

hahaha I love you. Every time you post I get tickled by your squirrel pic first and then crack up at what you post. Hilarity.

Lesrider
05-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Even better, let the server determine the weaklings and automatically take them to the forums!

I kid, I kid.

Btw, don't feed the beggars -- it just teaches them bad habits. Give them knowledge, not items ;)

StompArtist
05-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Even better, let the server determine the weaklings and automatically take them to the forums!

I kid, I kid.

Btw, don't feed the beggars -- it just teaches them bad habits. Give them knowledge, not items ;)

Every time I try to play I end up on the forums. What gives? :P

Pandamoni
05-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Oh, I wanted to add that I do agree that it's helpful to direct people to the forums but it's also nice to just be nice and offer tips if you have time in game.

When I was first playing there was a kid, Rruly, who really helped me a lot. He saw that I didn't know how to do combos, he saw that I had potential but really didn't understand buffs, debuffs, etc. I'm the type of person that needs to ask questions and discuss things to understand them and he really helped with that. It's kind of funny that my mentor was a 14 year old :) If it wasn't for him I don't think I would have stuck around. Instead of calling me noob or making fun of me for mashing skills he helped me and that was nice.

Even when you think you're playing with someone who knows a lot there is still room to give tips. I was playing with Duped recently and I think he must have noticed that I wasn't using nightmare to combo with his bear. He told me how to do it and keep an eye on other players skills (I was always so worried about noticing heal, etc, that I didn't really coordinate well) including birds and just him taking a minute to give me a tip improved my playing twofold.

Moral of the story: direct people to forums but also don't hesitate to offer tips if you think someone might benefit from a few tips. If you really have time and really think someone's nice you can even befriend them and mentor them :)

DawnInfinity
05-31-2011, 03:44 PM
How about, direct all players to the forums. Even those who tend to get on others' nerves. They could learn a few tips as well.