PDA

View Full Version : Melee bird?

Housukimaru
05-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Noob checking in. I want a melee character, but I despise tanks. From what I think I understand, an archer would have higher damage potential than a warrior if you want a dps melee character. What I'm asking comes in two parts.
1. Is that true?
2. How do I build my character? I don't want it to fail.

Even if the former answer is no, I'd still like a build or at least some direction. I plan to play to level 10 applying the stats as I think I should. I want an assassasin if no one's figured it out yet. From what I understand, you get a respec in this game, so I'll check back for answers and use the feedback to do the respec. I figure this could start a guide for melee birds as well. Thanks in advance.

Mennddoza
05-31-2011, 06:36 PM
a level 10 Warbird?
(Warbird - An avian whose has the ability to use Strength objects)

Sigkill
05-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Honestly Warbirds aren't that practical at low lvls, At lvl 10 you don't get as many ranged attacks so you would lose out on a lot of DPS trying to catch your enemy because you don't have all of the skills unlocked. With 9 skill points you can't do much, lvl up to 30+ thats when warbirds begin to get good

Simnar
05-31-2011, 08:43 PM
gah! silly bird dosnt even know what he is its called a warbird i should know im a warbird

Conradin
05-31-2011, 09:32 PM
gah! silly bird dosnt even know what he is its called a warbird i should know im a warbird

Hey man- be helpful. Hes askig on here becuase he doesnt kbow- which is what he shoukd do.

Simnar
05-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey man- be helpful. Hes askig on here becuase he doesnt kbow- which is what he shoukd do.

lol yeh true hey future warbird staay dex till 30 then go str

Conradin
05-31-2011, 09:51 PM
lol yeh true hey future warbird staay dex till 30 then go str

Thats more like it ;) good on ya mate ;)

Simnar
05-31-2011, 10:06 PM
Thats more like it ;) good on ya mate ;)

:banana: that is all

Housukimaru
06-01-2011, 01:56 AM
Ok, sweet. I think I may be leaning toward a pure archer now, so I'll go all dex to 30 then respec if I see fit. Is there a dagger build? That would be more along the lines of the thief/assassin concept I was looking for. If I could get a melee character that focused on high evade, crit, and attack speed, that would be amazing. Even if I use a dex bear with daggers, which I just thought of. Is that even viable?

Sigkill
06-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Ok, sweet. I think I may be leaning toward a pure archer now, so I'll go all dex to 30 then respec if I see fit. Is there a dagger build? That would be more along the lines of the thief/assassin concept I was looking for. If I could get a melee character that focused on high evade, crit, and attack speed, that would be amazing. Even if I use a dex bear with daggers, which I just thought of. Is that even viable?

The 2 handed daggers you buy with platinum, and the daggers in game you can use with a shield are far inferior to the bows, auto crossbows, and the talons. The daggers have low damage and have poor range. Nobody uses daggers on a bird, it just isn't practical. Your best choices at a low lvl are the auto crossbows or a talon and a wing shield. If you have any other questions add me in game and I'll give you some old lvl 19 gear that you can use :)

Piosidon
06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
The 2 handed daggers you buy with platinum, and the daggers in game you can use with a shield are far inferior to the bows, auto crossbows, and the talons. The daggers have low damage and have poor range. Nobody uses daggers on a bird, it just isn't practical. Your best choices at a low lvl are the auto crossbows or a talon and a wing shield. If you have any other questions add me in game and I'll give you some old lvl 19 gear that you can use :)

Dual swords

Register
06-03-2011, 09:33 PM
hehehe warbird :)
well yep they arent so great at low levels and keep in mind the range of your skills will not matter as much-just damage because you have to chase em down and/or root them. My advice is to just make one and check it out. Dont spend plat yet until you know its a good choice for you. You have a diff play style than most others so just experiment. And when asking for gear, say what you focus on most. ie: crit, dps, dodge...etc. Personally i would focus on Hit percent but that is just me. there are many people who disagree but thats them! We all are different so its hard to ask stuff like that unless you give some more info. What are you focusing on? I might be able to help if you told lol :P