PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.2 Content Update (60162)

asommers
05-31-2011, 03:17 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/misc/samhayne/foresthaven/Sherrif.jpg

The entire "Forest Haven" dungeon campaign has been re-built from the ground up!

Defeat the evil witch "Silknight" and her horde of vicious minions in this new, exciting incarnation of "Forest Haven."
New quests! Follow the harrowing storyline that pits Forest Haven merchants against the forces of the DEAD.
New game mechanics! Acid pools, exploding barrels, water tanks, and poisonous 'Silk-Root' plants. (Smash a water barrel if you're on fire to douse the flames!)
New multi-stage boss fights! Shadow Minions, Fiery Fiends... and "Meathead" buffed-up with the power to throw you into pools of acid and / or summon monsters!
Shadow Anubis in the Shadow Caves should be spawning correctly again.
Items in failed auctions which have been expired for at least 3 months are automatically moved to the seller's stash.
Successful auctions for which the seller hasn't collected their gold for at least 3 months automatically put the gold in their stash.

The Spacetime Studios Design Team gave Pocket Legends players the chance to become part of the game by designing awesome fiery weapons of DOOM to be used in the revamp of the Forest Haven. The challenge was to create suitable weapon designs for up to three different Legendary Fiery Weapons for the evil witch Silknight and her followers.

Congratulations to Buwanda, Orcish and Tobiiasfunke! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27181-Winners-of-the-Create-Fiery-Weapons-of-DOOM-Design-Contest)

You can check out the different weapons on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXVlHbBIvXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSdChwpo8UE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ScgOQvctHc

JaytB
05-31-2011, 03:18 PM
WOOOOT Updates :banana:

edit: What if your stash is full?

Apocolypze
dang it drew u beat me!

StompArtist
Sounds great.

Pandamoni
05-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Time to farm!!!!

Let me know if you need help! I'll even shut up at least part of the time lol

Lesrider
05-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Dang, sounds better than the higher lvl dungeons :/

FloooH
05-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Nice !!!
But in which lv in shadow cave is anubis and what does he dropps ??

superglut2
05-31-2011, 03:30 PM
thanks, cant wait, finally new quests to do, was getting a lil bored lately.

Kossi
05-31-2011, 03:48 PM
ok small glitch
level 4- 2 of the torches are already lit.

Jjesus86
05-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Nice. Guess it time to log back in.

Swimmingstar
05-31-2011, 03:52 PM
The drop rates for pinks in haven r lower than sewers :eek:

Kossi
05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
The drop rates for pinks in haven r lower than sewers :eek:

dont say that yet....you havent even done 10+ runs -.-

bronislav84
05-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Big bugs! The icons for the Host Game screen are almost all empty of pictures. I haven't done it yet to confirm, but if Skeller Crunch and the Crypt are no longer there then how does it make sense that he's come back in Return of Skeller Crunch if he was never defeated? Also what about the crafting daily involving him? Off to check.

And yea this sounds more fun than the higher level dungeons. I hope everything gets similar revamps soon. Time to farm and charge newbies obscene prices for level 10 gear! Lol hey it's new and ultra rare right?

FluffNStuff
05-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Bosses in boss level are not dropping ~any~ loot. I understand if it is like Sandstone Caves where only the main bosses are supposed to drop the pinks, but I assume these are supposed to drop something?

FluffNStuff
05-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Just tried to go to meat head's deli through the gate and it says I have not yet purchased this campaigne.

Cinco
05-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks!

The old "Meathead's Deli" is no longer available. I will fix it so that this option sends you to the 'Forest Haven Boss Gauntlet.'

- Cinco

Cinco
05-31-2011, 04:22 PM
These torches may be taking too long to extinguish themselves. I will take a look... :)

- Cinco

DJMdivine
05-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Ok many quests are missing I think as many may know, but one thing I know is you cant complete "My Plate is Empty" as you hit "Go to..." or try many other different stages as this quest is found under "Burke the Blacksmith".

Swimmingstar
05-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Big bugs! The icons for the Host Game screen are almost all empty of pictures. I haven't done it yet to confirm, but if Skeller Crunch and the Crypt are no longer there then how does it make sense that he's come back in Return of Skeller Crunch if he was never defeated? Also what about the crafting daily involving him? Off to check.

And yea this sounds more fun than the higher level dungeons. I hope everything gets similar revamps soon. Time to farm and charge newbies obscene prices for level 10 gear! Lol hey it's new and ultra rare right? find skeller in crypts cult

dont say that yet....you havent even done 10+ runs -.-
I've done at least 10 and only got grays whites and yellows

Thanks!

The old "Meathead's Deli" is no longer available. I will fix it so that this option sends you to the 'Forest Haven Boss Gauntlet.

- Cinco
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bronislav84
05-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks for fixing that. What about how we can't host half of Forest Haven anymore? Just found out part of the crypts are still there but have to go through the secret passage. That seems to be the only place to see Skeller in Forest Haven now. Also as I said before, the host screen pictures are all broken.

Apocolypze
05-31-2011, 04:25 PM
umm lvl 25 and lvl 27 drops? needa be fixed

Cinco
05-31-2011, 04:31 PM
umm lvl 25 and lvl 27 drops? needa be fixed

Oh yeah - I remember adding those Level 25 + drops back in the day.
Happy to nerf those drops, too. Thanks! :)

- Cinco

FloooH
05-31-2011, 04:31 PM
...there are some bugs..
But the new forest heaven is 10 times better than the last One and the levels and the later Tanks and the explodig ones !!!
THATS COOL STS !!!
Can i drop fiery weapons too !?!

FloooH
05-31-2011, 04:32 PM
sry mean water tanks

Cinco
05-31-2011, 04:34 PM
Thanks for fixing that. What about how we can't host half of Forest Haven anymore? Just found out part of the crypts are still there but have to go through the secret passage. That seems to be the only place to see Skeller in Forest Haven now. Also as I said before, the host screen pictures are all broken.

Unable to host? Hmmm. Forest Haven is now a five (5) dungeon campaign with two (2) mini-dungeons. The thirteen (13) previous Forest Haven chapters have been abandoned in favor of this (much more fun and polished) campaign. If you are trying to host one of the existing campaign dungeons and you can't - that's a problem. If you are looking for the dungeons we got rid of... that's to be expected :)

- Cinco

Bobloblaw
05-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Only had a minute to log on so far (prob won't have any more time tonight) but noticed my weapon wasn't on my character or in my stash. Really not concerned but just curious when I could expect it.

Cinco
05-31-2011, 04:48 PM
Only had a minute to log on so far (prob won't have any more time tonight) but noticed my weapon wasn't on my character or in my stash. Really not concerned but just curious when I could expect it.

We have not awarded the weapon items to our winners yet - but we expect to be doing so relatively soon (hopefully later today).

- Cinco

Faust
05-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Bosses in Boss Gauntlet seem to have regular enemy drop rate. Kinda makes it less appealing. But I found the whole campaign fun on a level 26 enchantress and a level 5 archer. Not too hard but it keeps you on your toes.

bronislav84
05-31-2011, 04:57 PM
Unable to host? Hmmm. Forest Haven is now a five (5) dungeon campaign with two (2) mini-dungeons. The thirteen (13) previous Forest Haven chapters have been abandoned in favor of this (much more fun and polished) campaign. If you are trying to host one of the existing campaign dungeons and you can't - that's a problem. If you are looking for the dungeons we got rid of... that's to be expected :)

- CincoYea meant the ones you got rid of. Very sorry I wasn't clear there. I could host them just fine, but pictures are missing on the host screen icons though.

I can confirm that "My Plate is Empty" can't he completed, and with the much shorter Haven now it's a lot harder to complete Burke's quests in general because of less mobs of the required kinds. Just killed new Silknight in the boss dungeon and she dropped nothing, even for the level 10 who was with me. Haven 5 version dropped an orange for me. All the drops are off a bit. Would it be possible to double check them please?

Also the Crystal Skull quest completed on Silknight for me, when it is supposed to require Skeller. He's not a main boss anymore (Or is he? Haven't run the new Haven all the way yet, just stage 5) so probably the internal requirement was changed, but the quest still says Skeller though.

Btw please leave in the level 20+ items that drop. These are the only way for low levels who choose to farm instead of level up to be able to earn money.

The new one is definitely more fun. Just please work out the bugs ok? :)

Sorcererssoul
05-31-2011, 05:24 PM
I really like the new dungeon, way better than the old.
But arent there a little too much traps O.o

Zeusofire
05-31-2011, 05:37 PM
about the missing quests? I have 19 of 36? why am I missing 17 that I cant find

Phoenixking
05-31-2011, 05:51 PM
These torches may be taking too long to extinguish themselves. I will take a look... :)

- Cinco
The other torches in level 5 are turned off and tou can turn them on so are thosethe other torhes?

bronislav84
05-31-2011, 05:53 PM
about the missing quests? I have 19 of 36? why am I missing 17 that I cant findI don't seem to be offered anything past stage 2 quests, either. Lots of bugs in new FH. Let's squash them together.

WishUWereHere
05-31-2011, 05:54 PM
this is so exciting! lol, hopefully i can find some new pink loots here.. so far i got hawkeye gem and focus gem, are these new items or old?

edit: i am also at 19/36 quests, perhaps they saving quests for later? =)

Phoenixking
05-31-2011, 05:54 PM
^^^^^^old^^^^^^^^
I got a question where can you see the place were you did quest i cant find them i dont know how many i did (on each levek just the total) or has it been taken out?

matamurman
05-31-2011, 05:56 PM
I ran threw a few times and bosses didn't drop anything not even trash items

Cinco
05-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Yea meant the ones you got rid of. Very sorry I wasn't clear there. I could host them just fine, but pictures are missing on the host screen icons though.

I can confirm that "My Plate is Empty" can't he completed, and with the much shorter Haven now it's a lot harder to complete Burke's quests in general because of less mobs of the required kinds. Just killed new Silknight in the boss dungeon and she dropped nothing, even for the level 10 who was with me. Haven 5 version dropped an orange for me. All the drops are off a bit. Would it be possible to double check them please?

Also the Crystal Skull quest completed on Silknight for me, when it is supposed to require Skeller. He's not a main boss anymore (Or is he? Haven't run the new Haven all the way yet, just stage 5) so probably the internal requirement was changed, but the quest still says Skeller though.

Btw please leave in the level 20+ items that drop. These are the only way for low levels who choose to farm instead of level up to be able to earn money.

The new one is definitely more fun. Just please work out the bugs ok? :)

The quest "My Plate is Empty" is much easier to complete in the 'Cult Crypts' mini-dungeon. The quest currently has its "Go To" button sending you to the final chapter of the new campaign - but I will change it so that it takes you to the mini-dungeon. This fix will probably be available sometime tomorrow.

In general, Burke's quests will be easier to complete in one of the mini-dungeons. There are a LOT of armored "Rogues" in the 'Cult Crypts' mini-dungeon - making it pretty easy to pick up the scraps of plate, chain, leather, etc. required for the crafting quest series.

We wrote the "Crystal Skull" quest to be completed by defeating Silknight (not Skeller). She does not drop the 'Crystal Skull' objective every time, though.

Thanks for all the feedback!!

- Cinco

Sun
05-31-2011, 06:01 PM
so are there no new drops as of right now or are they just extremely rare?

Cinco
05-31-2011, 06:01 PM
The other torches in level 5 are turned off and tou can turn them on so are thosethe other torhes?

I *think* I know what you're asking... and the answer is "Yes...?"

- Cinco

Cinco
05-31-2011, 06:05 PM

There are a few brand new drops.

They are extremely rare.

(They also do not drop in the 'Boss Gauntlet.' They only drop in the new Forest Haven campaign chapters one (1) to five (5)).

- Cinco

Sun
05-31-2011, 06:08 PM

They are extremely rare.

(They also do not drop in the 'Boss Gauntlet.' They only drop in the new Forest Haven campaign chapters one (1) to five (5)).

- Cinco

Thanks..may I ask if they're pink drops? Back to farming

Kossi
05-31-2011, 06:10 PM

very rare.
yes, i can feel your pain

oh thats right
no i cant.
im kidding.

no im not.

yes i am.

Lesrider
05-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Umm my quest said to rescue Swift from Silknight. I used "go to" to go to the correct map, but cleared it with no sign of Swift. Perhaps the quest log could give more details?
(Missing the arrow beneath my feet.)

Kossi
05-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Umm my quest said to rescue Swift from Silknight. I used "go to" to go to the correct map, but cleared it with no sign of Swift. Perhaps the quest log could give more details?
(Missing the arrow beneath my feet.)

you have to go to the end of the map

then talk to swift.

bronislav84
05-31-2011, 06:34 PM
The quest "My Plate is Empty" is much easier to complete in the 'Cult Crypts' mini-dungeon. The quest currently has its "Go To" button sending you to the final chapter of the new campaign - but I will change it so that it takes you to the mini-dungeon. This fix will probably be available sometime tomorrow.

In general, Burke's quests will be easier to complete in one of the mini-dungeons. There are a LOT of armored "Rogues" in the 'Cult Crypts' mini-dungeon - making it pretty easy to pick up the scraps of plate, chain, leather, etc. required for the crafting quest series.

We wrote the "Crystal Skull" quest to be completed by defeating Silknight (not Skeller). She does not drop the 'Crystal Skull' objective every time, though.

Thanks for all the feedback!!

- Cinco
Thank you for the fixes! As for the way the new Crystal Skull quest works, I see what you did there. Took me five tries off Skeller back in the day. You guys just changed who to kill, rate of drop remains the same.

Any ETA on the icons on the Host Game screen getting back their pictures? Currently they're all empty of character pictures. Like Crocs have no crocs and Expedition has no Yetis like it used to. Also Shadow cave all say I instead of I through V.
I *think* I know what you're asking... and the answer is "Yes...?"

- CincoSpeaking of torches, the quest that requires you to light torches seems to be a bit buggy still. That is to say the level in which to complete it is. There are four torches and only two of them go out and count for this quest. The other two are in the boss room and are continuously on, making the boss very trivial because of no Shadows spawning. Is this intended?

They are extremely rare.

- CincoMay I ask what the point is of doing Boss Gauntlet is then? The level 20ish and 30ish drops are nice money at that level (Please don't disable these), but other than that, why disable the new pinks dropping in Gauntlet? That makes it barely worth doing IMHO. The fact that mini dungeon bosses can drop the same loot as regular bosses has been a staple. Are you guys aiming to change this and make mini dungeons have less point? May I please ask why this is being done?

then talk to swift.Actually mine completed by just coming close to his cage.

Lesrider
05-31-2011, 06:39 PM

then talk to swift.

Ugh it's quite annoying when the "go to town" buttons pop up when you still need to look for something/someone. Perhaps a way to hide those if you're not finished with the map yet?

Faust
05-31-2011, 07:01 PM
For the boss with the torches, they do shut off and shadows spawn. But it seems to be a random event. Or maybe you have to cross a specific point in the room. I don't know for sure. But it's happened 3 out of the 4 times I did the area.

Cascade
05-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Played through it and I like the new acid puddles and such great job devs.

kjzhu9
05-31-2011, 07:19 PM
Sweet gonna go check it out...

TheClownSquad
05-31-2011, 07:27 PM
What's the lowest the pink gear goes level wise?

Fyrce
05-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Very cool. On the torches, I finished that quest in the Gauntlet as there were only 2 torches needing lighting in FH5.
In the gauntlet, when you clear, the screen says Next Level + Back to Town. Either one takes you to town.

Love all the traps, explosions, etc. However, haven't dropped anything interesting yet :P And running out of quests...

Oh yeah, maybe this is already done, but my level 1's can't access Balefort CS (or Stash) anymore. But two of them, I think, had auctions :P
*duck* so um, these should probably be popped off. Though I suppose 3 months isn't forever...

nazgulking
06-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Devs, wonderful work. Nice sound effects (evil laugh at the torch stage), tricky traps, new enemies (i like the meathead keeper and the gurgox-like meathead) and wonderful to see maps (aka eyecandies, i am fond of the last level - the mausoleum). Two question: 1) where is the youtube link to see new weapons? I can't find it :( 2) Are you going to re-vamp other campaigns of the main spine (dark forest, fanthom crypts...)?

superglut2
06-01-2011, 04:13 AM
hopefully they revamp all campaigns, the ones ones are much better and im hoping new players might stay with PL longer now if the new area is much more fun

Riccits
06-01-2011, 04:18 AM
its nice made, but the amount of trapps is annoing now...

Sorcererssoul
06-01-2011, 04:28 AM
its nice made, but the amount of trapps is annoing now...
Agreed...

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 04:31 AM
the amount of trapps is annoing now...

I would have to agree. Any other campaign has maybe two different types of traps usually an exploding barrel and an aoe trap (swamp gas, firetrap). This revamp has 4 different types of traps and this is the only campaign for level 1-10! I would like it much better if the type of traps was cut down to two (exploding barrel and infectious ooze), the Silknight thorn and fire needing water to put out is just a bit over the top. You can barely move in FH5 without running into a trap or another, I think in some areas there are two traps that occupy the same space. Save the thorn trap for the Dark Forest revamp, maybe add the permafire/water trap to a new campaign with a fire theme (Fire Mountain, Underworld).

im4broke
06-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Very cool. On the torches, I finished that quest in the Gauntlet as there were only 2 torches needing lighting in FH5.
In the gauntlet, when you clear, the screen says Next Level + Back to Town. Either one takes you to town.

Love all the traps, explosions, etc. However, haven't dropped anything interesting yet :P And running out of quests...

Oh yeah, maybe this is already done, but my level 1's can't access Balefort CS (or Stash) anymore. But two of them, I think, had auctions :P
*duck* so um, these should probably be popped off. Though I suppose 3 months isn't forever...

I had to do new quest in FH in order access stash, CS, and purchase pots from Ellie with my lvl 1.

Bobloblaw
06-01-2011, 10:41 AM
The revamp is nothing less than amazing! So impressed.

Also, I LOVE the "Funke Ursan"! Thanks for the homage.

Snakespeare
06-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Oh yeah - I remember adding those Level 25 + drops back in the day.
Happy to nerf those drops, too. Thanks! :)

- Cinco

You added those as cross level drops in Skeleton Cult Crypts, The King's Forest, etc., but they weren't ever a part of FH I - X, were they?

I like the new environmentals. I brought my wife in for a look-see yesterday. It was her first run. She had a great time. It was a positive first time experience. So, I think the re-fit is great.

But these cross level drops are a bug. Noobs need to be getting drops they can use. Now she's looking at this level 30 Ezeria's Lighting Wand and she thinks it's great, but you and I know it's liquidation fodder. All her level 6 needs is an orange fireblaster. That's what used to drop on a good day. She advanced 6 levels and did not get one useable drop. *shrug* so it's broken. I'm sure you'll have it fixed before she plays again, if ever. LOL!

And I want to say thanks again for doing another free thing. You guys and your free stuff are so cool.

Weak_Sauce
06-01-2011, 01:11 PM
I would have to agree. Any other campaign has maybe two different types of traps usually an exploding barrel and an aoe trap (swamp gas, firetrap). This revamp has 4 different types of traps and this is the only campaign for level 1-10! I would like it much better if the type of traps was cut down to two (exploding barrel and infectious ooze), the Silknight thorn and fire needing water to put out is just a bit over the top. You can barely move in FH5 without running into a trap or another, I think in some areas there are two traps that occupy the same space. Save the thorn trap for the Dark Forest revamp, maybe add the permafire/water trap to a new campaign with a fire theme (Fire Mountain, Underworld).

I concur.

Also after you finish all of the quests and have 193/212 the hint you're given in your quest log is incorrect.

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Also after you finish all of the quests and have 193/212 the hint you're given in your quest log is incorrect.

The quest issue was just fixed with a new patch (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27577-1.7.2-Content-Update-(60277)) just minutes ago. It now reads 186/190, they just can't seem to get those 4 BS quests to register or remove.

Snakespeare
06-02-2011, 10:12 AM
You added those as cross level drops in Skeleton Cult Crypts, The King's Forest, etc., but they weren't ever a part of FH I - X, were they?

I like the new environmentals. I brought my wife in for a look-see yesterday. It was her first run. She had a great time. It was a positive first time experience. So, I think the re-fit is great.

But these cross level drops are a bug. Noobs need to be getting drops they can use. Now she's looking at this level 30 Ezeria's Lighting Wand and she thinks it's great, but you and I know it's liquidation fodder. All her level 6 needs is an orange fireblaster. That's what used to drop on a good day. She advanced 6 levels and did not get one useable drop. *shrug* so it's broken. I'm sure you'll have it fixed before she plays again, if ever. LOL!

And I want to say thanks again for doing another free thing. You guys and your free stuff are so cool.

I am going to post on this under Bugs now. The details in this post I am quoting are incorrect. Only Fiery Avian Minion and Orcish Avian are affected. See http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27649