PDA

View Full Version : New quests issues

Gluttony
05-31-2011, 07:27 PM
I had to complete most/all through Burke's daily quests to get a new quest Toxicology, but only on my chars that had already completed the daily quests, the new char that I created had the new quest up front. This is similar to what was going on with Jones in Oasis towne, you have to accept a daily quest in order to get a new quest. For people who have already complete the dailies they may never find out about this new "hidden" quest.

Also, while trying to complete the FH daily quests I noticed that I was not getting any "materials" from enemys that carried a fiery weapon (could just be me). I completed FH 1-5 only to have just a few materials towards completion for each daily, but as soon as I entered Skeleton Cult Crypts, I complete almost all of the quests in one run. Basically, I believe the new enemies aren't being registered for the quests and that should be altered otherwise new players looking to accomplish these quests will be forced to complete them in the harder Skeleton Cult dungeon.

The quest Crystal Skull was changed from Skeller to Silknight, I mention this because I just assumed the quest wasn't altered in any way. I farmed Skeller in Cult Crypts for a while before I realized this change. I would also like to see the quest Obvious Troll at the end of the list of Burke's quests. It cannot be completed anywhere but Cult Crypts, but I always seem to get it offered first from Burke, which means holding on to it until last and this just causes me to only be able to have 4 quests active since it's the hardest of Burke's quests to complete imo.

Edit:

The quest "My Plate is Empty" is much easier to complete in the 'Cult Crypts' mini-dungeon. The quest currently has its "Go To" button sending you to the final chapter of the new campaign - but I will change it so that it takes you to the mini-dungeon. This fix will probably be available sometime tomorrow.

In general, Burke's quests will be easier to complete in one of the mini-dungeons. There are a LOT of armored "Rogues" in the 'Cult Crypts' mini-dungeon - making it pretty easy to pick up the scraps of plate, chain, leather, etc. required for the crafting quest series.

We wrote the "Crystal Skull" quest to be completed by defeating Silknight (not Skeller). She does not drop the 'Crystal Skull' objective every time, though.

My quest for FH seems to be stuck at 21/36 with the hint: Talk to Hawken in Forest Haven, Chapter 1 however when I actually talk to Hawken I don't see any option to start a new quest.

Edit #2: New development, I created a char and somehow was able to get 22/36 quests completed, so I created another and it appears that the quest Defeat the Demon, does indeed give you credit as one of the 36 quests, so only newly created chars can achieve 22/36 while anyone past the tutorial (unless there is a way to access it after leveling up) cannot complete this extra quest.

Edit #3: New glitch found: The quests Balance of Nature/Crystal Skull can be completed with the Silknight in FH 1.

Ayrilana
05-31-2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah I suggested a priority thing months ago where new quests would show up before completed quests.

You can also complete the Crystal Skull quest in Chapter One without having to fight her.

Gluttony
05-31-2011, 09:39 PM
Some sort of priority order would be nice, in fact make it so that NPCs that offer daily quests don't offer/complete other quests besides dailies. It would make things flow just a bit better imo. Why not just have one NPC to turn-in regular quests to (Sheriff in FH, Foreman in SC, Mayor in BS...), and another to turn daily quests in (Burke, Krystal, Farrow...); there are plenty of NPCs to choose from so why group the quests to cause such confusion.

Sorry I didn't see your priority thread, I would have showed my support. It's needed now more than ever since FH is the first town, at least it took a while to get up to Oasis town quests so the more experienced players usually figured out that issue on their own or at the very least searched the forums in order to find a solution.

Ayrilana
05-31-2011, 09:44 PM
This was way back when they released the last set of AO quests

Riccits
06-01-2011, 01:57 AM
iam at 20/36. i think ive done all of the fh npcs... no more ! one someone...? where can i may get the 21th?

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 02:14 AM
iam at 20/36. i think ive done all of the fh npcs... no more ! one someone...? where can i may get the 21th?

There is an NPC named Gobi in FH near the magic mirror that grants the quest Ring of Fire (Defeat Silknight's fiery minions in tandem), it's the two Fiery enemies at the end of FH 2 that you must defeat. I believe you have to complete Toxocology (Collet Meatheat's meaty head) first.

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 05:04 AM
New development, my newly created FH farming toon has somehow been able to get 22/36 quests completed, which leads me to believe that that I either missed something with my 56, or a newly created char has access to a quest that higher levels don't.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/4156/img0621.png

Matsuo Kaibutsu
06-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Yeah I'd really like STS to adjust the quest count, as having it say I've only done 21/36 is driving me nuts!

Would a Dev be able to let us know it will be adjusted or if we're doing something wrong?

Thanks! :-)

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Ok, so the devs took care of the quest count (minus the 4 missing quests in BS) with 1.7.2 Content Update (60277) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27577-1.7.2-Content-Update-(60277)), but there is still an issue with the quest Toxiocology. It seems that Silknight Shadow being defeated in FH4 (and perhaps subsequent maps) will complete the quest. Credit to Zeusofire for this information:

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4518/img0627.png

Samhayne
06-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Hey Gluttony,

Thanks very much for the bug report. This issue is fixed internally and should be corrected on live in a coming update.

Cheers!

Piosidon
06-01-2011, 09:37 PM
This is a question I always wondered. What does NPC stand for?

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 09:42 PM
This is a question I always wondered. What does NPC stand for?

NPC stands for non-playable character. For a compiled list of in-game terms refer to this list here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?18136-Acronyms-Terms). Please use the search function for questions like this that are a bit out of the realm of a particular thread.

Wow I really wish I had the ability to lock this thread.

/sigh

bronislav84
06-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Good that you can't. My character Squishybirdie currently is not being offered Ellie's quest, and I've completed every other new FH quest including dailies. Devs help?

Edit: Just checked. Karaai is the only character who was able to complete it. Gotnorange and my mule both aren't being offered it, either. Stuck at 13/14. What's going on?

Gluttony
06-02-2011, 07:49 PM
When I checked with a new toon, the first quest given by Ellie didn't actually add a quest completed to my total (as it shouldn't since it's part of the tutorial), so I'm pretty sure the patch fixed this. Did you read this post (it's been the quest that most people miss since Gobi is just off screen when you spawn into FH):

There is an NPC named Gobi in FH near the magic mirror that grants the quest Ring of Fire (Defeat Silknight's fiery minions in tandem), it's the two Fiery enemies at the end of FH 2 that you must defeat.

bronislav84
06-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Done Gobi's quest. Still missing one quest in FH. Ellie's quest to kill Meathead in the first level of FH is not being offered to me anymore. Was fine last night. What's going on? Existing characters can't get 14/14 in FH anymore? Stuck with 13/14. This is really unfair....

Ayrilana
06-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Done Gobi's quest. Still missing one quest in FH. Ellie's quest to kill Meathead in the first level of FH is not being offered to me anymore. Was fine last night. What's going on? Existing characters can't get 14/14 in FH anymore? Stuck with 13/14. This is really unfair....

Probably because Ellie doesn't give that quest...

bronislav84
06-02-2011, 09:00 PM
She did yesterday. Maybe not to kill Meat, but she gave something. Fact is, she was glowing last night before the quest count fix and I did a quest from her on my main. Forgot which. Now she gives nothing for my alt and I've run around all FH and all it's zones and missing one quest. She's never glowed for Squishy, just when turning stuff in.

Something is bugged guys.

mejslll
06-02-2011, 09:16 PM
this must be what is causing me to have 10 quests that i can not find in oaisis... and a 7 in the sewers

Ayrilana
06-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Read my quest guide. I just did all of them on another character and they were all fine.

bronislav84
06-02-2011, 09:48 PM
None of my characters are being offered "Safe Travels". Karaai was able to do it fine last night before the fix to quest count went up. All are existing characters who did not complete it last night. Bug found and pinpointed!

Done all the quests on your list. Also you seen to be missing one or two also. I have 14/14 on Karaai, who did it last night. 13/14 on Squishybirdie, who did it tonight.

Ayrilana
06-02-2011, 09:54 PM
None of my characters are being offered "Safe Travels". Karaai was able to do it fine last night before the fix to quest count went up. All are existing charters who did not complete it last night. Bug found and pinpointed!

Doesn't count towards the total. It's part of the tutorial.

Otukura
06-02-2011, 09:54 PM
There is an NPC named Gobi in FH near the magic mirror that grants the quest Ring of Fire (Defeat Silknight's fiery minions in tandem), it's the two Fiery enemies at the end of FH 2 that you must defeat.:

Are the stats any good compared to the plat rings? I've been slacking on the FH quests.

bronislav84
06-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Doesn't count towards the total. It's part of the tutorial.Incorrect. Karaai has done it the first night when it was working, and has 14. Squishy and Gotnorange had 1 (Crafting Tme which didn't get changed) when I started. Competed all the quests on your list except Safe Travels which is definitely broken for existing characters with Squishy and have 13.

See the problem? Existing characters seem to be disabled from getting 14/14 now because of not being able to take Safe Travels.
Are the stats any good compared to the plat rings? I've been slacking on the FH quests.What exactly does this have to do with the post you quoted? O.o

Ayrilana
06-03-2011, 02:10 AM
Yeah looks like you're right. Did them again on my mule and there's no way to get 14. Well maybe not impossible. Occasionally the tutorial map is created unlocked so you can access it there.

Corpser
06-03-2011, 02:14 AM
Are the stats any good compared to the plat rings? I've been slacking on the FH quests.

i dont think you get a ring as a reward

Gluttony
06-03-2011, 04:06 AM
New glitch found: The quest Balance of Nature can be completed with the Silknight in FH 1:

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/5787/img0638.png

The quest Crystal Skill can also be completed like this:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3012/img0639i.png

The quest is called "Ring of Fire" there is no actual ring as a reward or otherwise... For the lulz?

Doesn't count towards the total. It's part of the tutorial.

Safe Travels isn't actually part of the tutorial map, but it isn't offered unless the tutorial is completed first. It does indeed currently count toward total quests completed.

Karaai has done it the first night when it was working, and has 14. Squishy and Gotnorange had 1 (Crafting Tme which didn't get changed) when I started. Competed all the quests on your list except Safe Travels which is definitely broken for existing characters with Squishy and have 13.

My level 56 has completed all 14/14 quests for FH, but I did them first day and may have just received credit for all quest after the patch reduced the total quest count. Safe travels was offered the first day of the revamp and now isn't for any toon that didn't complete it before the patch.

Ok, I've gone through the entire quest list in game and there are only 14 possible quests for even the new players, so it should seem that higher levels without access to the tutorial quests should only be able to get 13/14. Also, there is no credit given for the crafting quests either, perhaps this is because they really only complete in Cult Crypt (which is technically part of FH, but considered a boss dungeon). So that's 7 quests that should be added to the other 13 so the total quest count should be 20.

Gluttony
06-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Here is my complete list (in chronological order), if anyone notices a quest that I missed please notify me:

1.Safe Travels
2.Toxicology
3.Zombie Zamboni
4.BFF Body Snatch
5.Hawken's Wares
6.Crafting Time
7.Bring the Heat
8.Ring of Fire!
9.Bird in the Bush
10.Peace in the Afterlife
11.Into the Shadows
12.Balance of Nature
13.Dark Roots
14.Bone Collector

bronislav84
06-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah looks like you're right. Did them again on my mule and there's no way to get 14. Well maybe not impossible. Occasionally the tutorial map is created unlocked so you can access it there.Right, so there you go. There is a bug. How would I go about getting into the tutorial map until the devs fix the bug with Safe Travels?

So basically we are all in agreement now. Safe Travels is bugged for existing characters now, and can't be offered unless you've also done Defeat the Demon from the tutorial.

Gluttony
06-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Quest count issue fixed with today's patch 1.7.2 Content Update (60557) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27762-1.7.2-Content-Update-(60557)), but the Balance of Nature/ Crystal Skull glitch still present.

bronislav84
06-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Yup just saw the patch notes. Thanks devs!

The bug with Silk is a curious one. Is she programmed to "die" when she casts her spell and vanishes? Maybe that's why.

mejslll
06-03-2011, 08:14 PM
could this be the issue im having in oaisis ? im missing 10 quests! and cant find any thing to quest or complete - driving me crazy!

there should be a list of quests we can see that we have completed and ones we have not.

Ayrilana
06-03-2011, 08:20 PM
could this be the issue im having in oaisis ? im missing 10 quests! and cant find any thing to quest or complete - driving me crazy!

Check my guide. Some are only available once you reach level 50