PDA

View Full Version : What's the purpose of opening kraken mines to all level?

Excuses
11-08-2015, 09:53 PM
First, I thought we will get a place to farm crates. But obviously not atm. We can't join on our own. Even when we join km3 through our friends, it's too difficult 'to farm crates'.
Just as the title, I'm wondering what's the purpose of opening kraken mines to all level. It's kind of pointless.

Or will you make an access quest to mines and scale maps?

KingMartin
11-09-2015, 04:13 AM
Yes! I was happy to hear that there will be no more useless farming of WT4 on twinks for energies and that we will be able to farm crates and energies in the same time.

I am sad to hear that it's not the case.

Dimitrian
11-09-2015, 09:27 AM
I see this as a bad idea,ren'gol locks already dropped in price about 1k since the update.

Excuses
11-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Yes! I was happy to hear that there will be no more useless farming of WT4 on twinks for energies and that we will be able to farm crates and energies in the same time.

I am sad to hear that it's not the case.

Yep. Twink lost farming place since Jarl lost its place.
The idea was appreciated but it's not working as it should be.

I see this as a bad idea,ren'gol locks already dropped in price about 1k since the update.

I think it's more because the event ended, and there is not much things to farm atm. No twinks are really farming crates from km3 I believe.

Bluebatthing
11-09-2015, 03:31 PM
I tried to solo KM3 on my lvl 15 geared rogue with nekro, failed miserably. Mobs are lvl 21 I believe, so low lvl twinks are still SOL. Serves no purpose making KM3 available for all levels if the mobs are still lvl 21-25.

Carapace
11-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Hey guys,

specifically there were a lot of customer service issues related to KM access, and in a new update this week you will no longer have to complete the Blood hammer quest line to gain access to it either.

Ultimately this is older content, and we're making it easier to access for newer players.

Bluebatthing
11-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Mobs/bosses will still be scaled to lvl 21-25?
Hey guys,

specifically there were a lot of customer service issues related to KM access, and in a new update this week you will no longer have to complete the Blood hammer quest line to gain access to it either.

Ultimately this is older content, and we're making it easier to access for newer players.

Arrowz
11-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Hey guys,

Nice to hear that. Still the question posed by bluebatthing about scaling remains. Id wait another 3 weeks for the update if its done properly :)

Elektra.
11-09-2015, 11:33 PM
Scale mobs pleaseee. They hitting way too hard

KingMartin
11-10-2015, 05:43 AM
Hey guys,

Nice. Don't forget to scale them accordingly. They don't have to be ubereasy like WT, but still they should feel like, say, KM3 for end game toon.

Excuses
11-10-2015, 08:19 AM
Hey guys,

Thank you for the response!
I'm looking forward to seeing the update.

And please scale the maps like all others asked.

Carapace
11-10-2015, 02:45 PM
Scaling the effective level of the zone from 21+ down to say 10+ was not the original intention, there are some other considerations here like jewel drops that could be exploitable.

yubaraj
11-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Scaling the effective level of the zone from 21+ down to say 10+ was not the original intention, there are some other considerations here like jewel drops that could be exploitable.

Then, I don't understand about lifting the requirement to enter kraken mines dungeon. If you are 21 or 22, We were able to enter kraken mines I guess before.

And I am glad that people are still happy farming water nature jewels as per Cara.

Energizeric
11-10-2015, 06:21 PM
I'm curious, but what is the first/lowest dungeon that rengol crates drop from? I'm pretty sure I remember them saying Ydra Forest. If that is the case then you can still farm there for locked crates if you are a twink. Maybe someone can confirm.

yubaraj
11-10-2015, 06:41 PM
I'm curious, but what is the first/lowest dungeon that rengol crates drop from? I'm pretty sure I remember them saying Ydra Forest. If that is the case then you can still farm there for locked crates if you are a twink. Maybe someone can confirm.

I think it is after ydra maps. I tried on ydra with no luck. Dead islands sure drops rengol crate . And dead island maps even with end game rogue it took me more than 2-3 minutes to reach and kill the only one boss.

STS did what they say about opening maps to lower levels. However it's pointless if the mobs there are 21+ level even if you are 10.

Excuses
11-10-2015, 07:14 PM

Then....
May I ask you the first question again?
What's the purpose of opening kraken mines to all level if we can't farm there anyways?

Bluebatthing
11-10-2015, 07:58 PM
If I understood Remi's last community update correctly, KM is a "farming destination for Arlorians everywhere" The only thing people farm there is Ren gol crates, I don't think people run KM to farm jewels, unless there'll be an addition of jewels beside water/nature/diamond. Still, farming is where people can earn gold with minimal expenses, running KM as a low level toon is not an effective way to farm as of right now.

Hey Jarl!!! You need to start carrying locked crates again bruh!!!

eugene9707
11-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Then....
What's the purpose of opening kraken mines to all level if we can't farm there anyways?

i think what they meant is that km no longer require quest to unlock (in the past you had to complete the bloodhammer quest line to unlock it)

Excuses
11-10-2015, 11:38 PM
i think what they meant is that km no longer require quest to unlock (in the past you had to complete the bloodhammer quest line to unlock it)

So what's the point of it if we can't farm there anyways?
You are missing the point here.

No one runs tombs for jewel tbh. It's for crates.
Saying 'The Kraken Mines have long been a farming destination for Arlorians everywhere. Starting tomorrow, we remove the level requirement so that players of any level can now join their friends in the Kraken Mines zones.' basically means 'km3 has become an old farming place so we will remove level requirement so everyone can farm there' for me. However, if the map difficulty is still +21, what's the point to open it to all level?

I have a 46 so it's not a big problem for me. But it would be nice to farm some crates while I farm energies on events because forged energy kits cannot be even stashable, and to have a farming place for low lvl twinks since they lost Jarl.

It could be nice update but it's gonna be pointless if map is not scaled.

Excuses
11-11-2015, 08:10 AM
The point is to make km3 easily accessible to people who are new to AL, doubt this was a move to let twinks into a tombs. Keeping mob difficulty to +21 makes sure low lvl mages which are OP in some tombs don't crash the market for locks. Then even an easily accessible dungeon won't be worth accessing by the new players(due to lock prices being low).

Twinks can farm kt4, most ppl can make the 3 boss pull in kt4 as fast as they can run km3...

'The Kraken Mines have long been a farming destination for Arlorians everywhere. Starting tomorrow, we remove the level requirement so that players of any level can now join their friends in the Kraken Mines zones.'

Obviously first idea was removing level requirement, not having easy access.

The question is,
If map is for +21, why do you open it to all level?

I would love to get easy access to km3 too. But it's not the case I think.

I don't want to sound like a rant here because I made this thread our of pure curiosity... This just doesn't make sense to me. Open km3 to every level but have no access and mobs are too hard to play there. What's the purpose of removing level requirement...?
I just don't get it. -_-

Tatman
11-11-2015, 08:22 AM
I agree it is kinda pointless to open KM to everyone, if you are going to keep the map for 21+ (or whatever the level is).

On the other hand, I disagree with the notion that mobs there should scale to the level of the players. I don't think a huge crash of lock prices will be a good thing for the game as a whole.

p.s. Of course no-one farms useless jewels in crypts.

Arrowz
11-11-2015, 09:42 AM
The point is to make km3 easily accessible to people who are new to AL, doubt this was a move to let twinks into a tombs. Keeping mob difficulty to +21 makes sure low lvl mages which are OP in some tombs don't crash the market for locks. Then even an easily accessible dungeon won't be worth accessing by the new players(due to lock prices being low).

Twinks can farm kt4, most ppl can make the 3 boss pull in kt4 as fast as they can run km3...

Except kraag tombs sucks for locks

I agree it is kinda pointless to open KM to everyone, if you are going to keep the map for 21+ (or whatever the level is).

On the other hand, I disagree with the notion that mobs there should scale to the level of the players. I don't think a huge crash of lock prices will be a good thing for the game as a whole.

p.s. Of course no-one farms useless jewels in crypts.

How many endgamers are there compared to twinks? How many twinks would actually farm locks anyways? Its not like they really need to farm gold for new gear. Ancient druid set, tarlok amulets, lurid bows, dws, season 1 rings are still used.

This would hardly cause a crash in the lock market. When jarl dropped locks nobody said "oh twinks are crashing the lock market"

Order
11-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Besides some of the twinks have endgame some of them dont have if sts opened it for all lvls the twinks who had endgame will posible switching to his twink for farming(he cant use it at the same time so how it will crash lock price) and some twinks create twinks because they tired of farming , they have alot of gold , lvl 46 rogues are OP (high lvl pvp is boring(no balance)) and some of them used it for events so do you think the "twinks" who will farm in km3 is not farming in endgame? So how it can crash the lock price i just want to know "How" besides they cant use their endgame and twink at the sametime hunting locks. For me lock price will crash soon even sts not opening km3 for low lvls. Better open it for all lvls and scaled them too of course. I know km3 would be finish faster for twinks.

:::::If the price of locks drop many ppl will open massives ;)::::

XD hope sts will scale the km3 to all lvl :p
(Why?)
We twinks may use km3 for events for farming but not all the time because we make twink for pvp not for farming(obviously where can we farm)

Tatman
11-11-2015, 11:19 AM
How many endgamers are there compared to twinks? How many twinks would actually farm locks anyways? Its not like they really need to farm gold for new gear. Ancient druid set, tarlok amulets, lurid bows, dws, season 1 rings are still used.

This would hardly cause a crash in the lock market. When jarl dropped locks nobody said "oh twinks are crashing the lock market"
Jarl was an easy 10 second run. Plus, it was doable by even new non-twink players. Moot point.

As for how many of these, how many of those - I can run some crypts faster on my relatively cheap twinks than on my pretty much maxed endgame rogue.

Excuses
11-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Because at that time everyone was farming locks, not just twinks. And it was crashed, plus tombs are easier for twinks, each time STS decides to rectify the scaling down in tombs they botch up, all of their tombs have had exploits till yet..I would agree to planar tombs being open for 41!

I think its price crashed because there was no benefits from openning crates, not just because everyone was farming it.
And like Order said, twinks are more for pvp. If you are a twink and farm crates all day, you will most likely get kicked from the guild soon.
And like me, those who have end game will either farm on twink or end game, not at the same time. This will not doulbe the amount of crates in market tbh.

So again, if map will not be scaled to avoid too many crates and jewels in market, why do you open it to all level? What's the point of it? To give easier access to everyone does not make sense at all.

Arrowz
11-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Because at that time everyone was farming locks, not just twinks. And it was crashed, plus tombs are easier for twinks, each time STS decides to rectify the scaling down in tombs they botch up, all of their tombs have had exploits till yet..I would agree to planar tombs being open for 41!

so u say it wasnt crashed because of twinks, it was crashed because everybody was farming locks. But now if they make it scale to lower lvls, its going to crash again because of twinks.

really good reasoning u got there

Morholt
11-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Sts does something nice: results in complaints. Most of you couldn't solo Bloodhammer on your twinks to begin with. You don't even deserve the KM.

Why is it that KM not scaling below 21 is an issue, but it is not an issue that the Hauntlet doesn't scale down below 15?

It has already been answered in this thread: "we want a super easy to run map where we can farm Energy, Jewels, Crates, and Nexus."

I feel some people here would honestly like an app that is a slot machine where you always win...

Bluebatthing
11-11-2015, 01:42 PM
If we don't "deserve" the KM, then that brings back the OP's question, again. Also, questioning the purpose of a change made by STS is complaining?
Sts does something nice: results in complaints. Most of you couldn't solo Bloodhammer on your twinks to begin with. You don't even deserve the KM.

Why is it that KM not scaling below 21 is an issue, but it is not an issue that the Hauntlet doesn't scale down below 15?

It has already been answered in this thread: "we want a super easy to run map where we can farm Energy, Jewels, Crates, and Nexus."

I feel some people here would honestly like an app that is a slot machine where you always win...

Morholt
11-11-2015, 02:09 PM
If we don't "deserve" the KM, then that brings back the OP's question, again. Also, questioning the purpose of a change made by STS is complaining?To let players have access to more maps? An addition of hard maps for twinks to test themselves against (creating new maps just for lvl 12s would be a ridiculous time waste, while unlocking higher maps is simple)? You can enter Windmoor Harbor at a very low lvl...doesn't mean it is easy. You're not meant to kill the Elusive Four with a twink, but many players grind it out.

Again...why is this an issue with KM and not the Hauntlet? Does everyone want KM to be relocked, along with Hauntlet becoming locked up, too?

Questioning indeed isn't complaining...but a lot of the responses in this thread are.

Bluebatthing
11-11-2015, 02:48 PM
It's stated in Remi's weekly letter, KM is a "farming destination for all Arlorians", what is the point of having access to a map when you can't effectively run it? It's like, you've won this fabulous Ferrari, it's yours, but you can't drive it faster than 25 miles per hour....
To let players have access to more maps? An addition of hard maps for twinks to test themselves against (creating new maps just for lvl 12s would be a ridiculous time waste, while unlocking higher maps is simple)? You can enter Windmoor Harbor at a very low lvl...doesn't mean it is easy. You're not meant to kill the Elusive Four with a twink, but many players grind it out.

Again...why is this an issue with KM and not the Hauntlet? Does everyone want KM to be relocked, along with Hauntlet becoming locked up, too?

Questioning indeed isn't complaining...but a lot of the responses in this thread are.

Order
11-11-2015, 02:51 PM
It's stated in Remi's weekly letter, KM is a "farming destination for all Arlorians", what is the point of having access to a map when you can't effectively run it? It's like, you've won this fabulous Ferrari, it's yours, but you can't drive it faster than 25 miles per hour....

Hahahhaa....nice example

Arrowz
11-11-2015, 02:52 PM

well considering a number of us have soloed bloodhammer, and we just cleared all of nordr last night using a full party of 17s, i have to disagree with the entirety of your post.

Arrowz
11-11-2015, 02:56 PM
You are not reading the line where I am stating tombs don't scale up after lvl 21, bosses and mobs start hitting harder and having more armour after level 21, that is why most tombed runs lbr times are set by twinks.

Ty for nott taking digs at my reasoning.

And then a mod will edit/delete my post saying how I take digs at nub twinks.

And yes excuses, but if you noticed in past locks were at 4k at one point, this is worth less than the average amount of gold one usually receives from these watch locks.true twinks can't farm locks in km3 but I think kmines shud be released to them if STS can figure out why their tombs are so afkably easy(at endgame gear you will be one hitting all mobs in wt4, I was getting the same results, if nott better results on my lvl 15 mage twink), on twink gear. Not to mention how much more OP twinks with para and nekros are now. This is probably why they have kept it 21+, they don't want to buff up the chances of lock loots for twinks because their gear will be worth a lot more, since farming locks on twink mages will be easier than endgame mages, and then this affects game economics and not to mention how much work STS will spend mediating the outraged endgame population.

Edit::not to mention how the new lock system is integrated in the system for a much larger population than the locked crate population.

so you say that tombs dont scale past lvl 21, that means they are easy as hell for endgamers to complete. But kraken mines shouldnt scale to the lvl of a twink because it would be too easy for them. So once again ill take a "dig" at your flawed logic

Sky_is_epicgear
11-11-2015, 07:27 PM

I think your comment sums up this thread nicely. Brilliant example.

Not really sure why people are blowing this issue out of proportion though. The map in ydra with two bosses is where you can farm crates at low levels. Granted its not as effective as Jarl or KM it's still doable.

It pains me to say this (and as much as I'd love for this to happen) but if KM was scaled down i can see the lvl 15 lb timed runners wrecking the current times set. And i know that a bunch of furious max geared endgamers will complain about it on the forums [emoji14].

However I'm also unsure of what sts was thinking when they decided that opening KM was a good idea since as far as i can tell it currently doesn't benefit anybody. Took me and a friend 5 minutes to do KM3 at lvl 15, not to mention we died many many times :)

eugene9707
11-12-2015, 01:05 AM
Here's my take on the issue....

Remi said "The Kraken Mines have long been a farming destination for Arlorians everywhere, we remove the level requirement so that players of any level can now join their friends in the Kraken Mines zones", yes you can understand it as twinks can enter, but you can also interpret as "everyone wants to farm at km3 so we change it so that it's easier for new player to access."

Honestly, i think it's poorly worded for their intention, the should've say " You no longer have to complete the Blood Hammer quest line to access the nautical map “Explore” via the Dragon’s Jewel." (what they have this week) instead of that.
Since from Carapace's response, their intention was just to make it more easily accessible to new comers.

As for people asking what's the use of this? i've seen people who are lv 46 but still don't have access to km3, nor do they know how to.

I think a better analogy is that a 6 y/o won a Ferrari, but cannot even drive it properly (cant reach the paddle)

Excuses
11-12-2015, 07:54 AM
Here's my take on the issue....

Remi said "The Kraken Mines have long been a farming destination for Arlorians everywhere, we remove the level requirement so that players of any level can now join their friends in the Kraken Mines zones", yes you can understand it as twinks can enter, but you can also interpret as "everyone wants to farm at km3 so we change it so that it's easier for new player to access."

Honestly, i think it's poorly worded for their intention, the should've say " You no longer have to complete the Blood Hammer quest line to access the nautical map “Explore” via the Dragon’s Jewel." (what they have this week) instead of that.
Since from Carapace's response, their intention was just to make it more easily accessible to new comers.

As for people asking what's the use of this? i've seen people who are lv 46 but still don't have access to km3, nor do they know how to.

I think a better analogy is that a 6 y/o won a Ferrari, but cannot even drive it properly (cant reach the paddle)

You just repeat same thing here.
On first their intention, there was nothing about easy access. Cara said about it after we asked what's going on. First thread clearly says they want to open it to all level. It's about opening the map to all, not having easy access at first.

And if you say 6 years old won Ferrari, my question is same again.
Why did you give a Ferrari to 6 years old? What's the point of it?

Visiting
11-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Did twinks make their toon to farm in PVE or play PVP? I'm confused XD

Sky_is_epicgear
11-12-2015, 09:49 AM
Omg arrowz and avikk. Stop fighting already -_-"

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Ebezaanec
11-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Thread's gonna get locked after three pages in and no definite answer.

Gotta love forums sometimes.

xxSkyxx
11-12-2015, 09:57 AM
This thread is kinda useful... Please don't get it locked >.<

Excuses
11-12-2015, 10:18 AM
Did twinks make their toon to farm in PVE or play PVP? I'm confused XD

We do not complain about this just because we can't farm pve. This is not something we asked first too.
But every player have a right to farm to make gold I believe. And we do run events with twinks like many end gamers do. Some twinks are for actually pve too.

I was deeply appreciated when I saw this update because there is no way and nothing to farm at low lvl after Jarl is gone.
I'm just saying it will be pointless if map is not scaled and asking what's the first intention of this update because it will be pointless update.
For those who doesn't know how to get there? Those who doesn't know how to get there just need to just finish their quest. If you can just ignore quests, what's the point to have them now?

I don't know why you think that twinks should play pvp only but please keep this constructive. I don't want to turn this thread as 'end game vs twink drama'.

Visiting
11-12-2015, 11:57 AM
We do not complain about this just because we can't farm pve. This is not something we asked first too.
But every player have a right to farm to make gold I believe. And we do run events with twinks like many end gamers do. Some twinks are for actually pve too.

I was deeply appreciated when I saw this update because there is no way and nothing to farm at low lvl after Jarl is gone.
I'm just saying it will be pointless if map is not scaled and asking what's the first intention of this update because it will be pointless update.
For those who doesn't know how to get there? Those who doesn't know how to get there just need to just finish their quest. If you can just ignore quests, what's the point to have them now?

I don't know why you think that twinks should play pvp only but please keep this constructive. I don't want to turn this thread as 'end game vs twink drama'.

I'm just a bit disgruntled that twinks are gonna come in a devalue one of the only ways for endgamers to make bank these days, I realize that there are other ways, but farming KM3 has been the primary goldmine for endgamers since the Kraken Mines addition to the game, and now people who made toons to specifically do herp derp Pvp can go and farm a place that was one of the few twink-free zones in game. I understand where you're coming from of course, you want to make some extra dough on your twink, and the KM area isn't scaled properly for your level, maybe its intentional though? #ElitesForTwinks?! XD

Excuses
11-12-2015, 12:25 PM
I'm just a bit disgruntled that twinks are gonna come in a devalue one of the only ways for endgamers to make bank these days, I realize that there are other ways, but farming KM3 has been the primary goldmine for endgamers since the Kraken Mines addition to the game, and now people who made toons to specifically do herp derp Pvp can go and farm a place that was one of the few twink-free zones in game. I understand where you're coming from of course, you want to make some extra dough on your twink, and the KM area isn't scaled properly for your level, maybe its intentional though? #ElitesForTwinks?! XD

Yes. That's the question again.
Then If they don't want us to farm crates, what's the point to open it to all level?

It's not twink's fault that elite doesn't make profits but they have to farm km3 for gold. End gamers should have more profits from many other contests. We didn't ask for it. Sts announced the update. And I'm asking the first intention and purpose of the update because it will be pointless.

I'm basically asking same question.
And again, not every twink toon is made for pvp.

Why do you think only end gamers should be able to farm for gold? Why do you think twinks shouldn't have a place to farm crates while end gamers have much more place to farm different things?
Remember we didn't ask it first. It's more like we are speaking to them to avoid their grateful idea to be pointless.

#hatersalwaysfindreasonstohate

yubaraj
11-12-2015, 12:43 PM
Lol,funneh twinks. Jealous lol make a twink yourself lol.

Thank you for the lols.

What I've said multiple times is below lvl 21 tombs are easy. People with twinks will run faster and endgame people will switch to a twink to run km3, this will cause endgame gear to lose value over time. The value will be lost due to people not bothering with endgame gear to farm km3_ which is the incentive to get better gear. Hope you understand what, as you so eloquently put it, "my problem is".

It should be scaled acopcording to your level, yes but that's not how tombs work. They are bugged to make players <godlike mode> below level 21.

Or maybe developers read my farming guide and decided AL needs more stepping stones in farming. Might as well add that in since everyone knows what the devs perspective is and should be.

I don't understand where you get that assumptions that below 21 tombs are too easy and twinks are like playing in godmode. I have played both twinks and endgame with average gear and I don't feel any much difference while I played wt4.

FYI twinks don't have all the skill points that endgame has. Twinks cannot utilise full potential of most skill. Twinks don't have full mythic and arcane items which has 3 slot for jewels or gem. Twinks cannot even farm primary stat jewels while endgame can farm almost anything in this game. Ofcourse you must be aware of that as you know all the game mechanics and knows everything.

Show me proof that twinks are running faster in km maps than endgame.
Can you? If you cannot then how can you say that twinks run km maps faster than endgame.

And thank you for making me laugh again.

Roninmoro
11-12-2015, 02:49 PM
It's possible to express different opinions respectfully and without name calling. I'm not locking this thread now, but we need to keep the conversation civil.

Bluebatthing
11-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Hopefully we get a clear answer to the OP's question before this thread gets the hammer due to drama.

Arrowz
11-12-2015, 06:57 PM
First, I thought we will get a place to farm crates. But obviously not atm. We can't join on our own. Even when we join km3 through our friends, it's too difficult 'to farm crates'.
Just as the title, I'm wondering what's the purpose of opening kraken mines to all level. It's kind of pointless.

Or will you make an access quest to mines and scale maps?

Then....

So what's the point of it if we can't farm there anyways?
You are missing the point here.

No one runs tombs for jewel tbh. It's for crates.
Saying 'The Kraken Mines have long been a farming destination for Arlorians everywhere. Starting tomorrow, we remove the level requirement so that players of any level can now join their friends in the Kraken Mines zones.' basically means 'km3 has become an old farming place so we will remove level requirement so everyone can farm there' for me. However, if the map difficulty is still +21, what's the point to open it to all level?

I have a 46 so it's not a big problem for me. But it would be nice to farm some crates while I farm energies on events because forged energy kits cannot be even stashable, and to have a farming place for low lvl twinks since they lost Jarl.

It could be nice update but it's gonna be pointless if map is not scaled.

'The Kraken Mines have long been a farming destination for Arlorians everywhere. Starting tomorrow, we remove the level requirement so that players of any level can now join their friends in the Kraken Mines zones.'

Obviously first idea was removing level requirement, not having easy access.

The question is,
If map is for +21, why do you open it to all level?

I would love to get easy access to km3 too. But it's not the case I think.

I don't want to sound like a rant here because I made this thread our of pure curiosity... This just doesn't make sense to me. Open km3 to every level but have no access and mobs are too hard to play there. What's the purpose of removing level requirement...?
I just don't get it. -_-

I think its price crashed because there was no benefits from openning crates, not just because everyone was farming it.
And like Order said, twinks are more for pvp. If you are a twink and farm crates all day, you will most likely get kicked from the guild soon.
And like me, those who have end game will either farm on twink or end game, not at the same time. This will not doulbe the amount of crates in market tbh.

So again, if map will not be scaled to avoid too many crates and jewels in market, why do you open it to all level? What's the point of it? To give easier access to everyone does not make sense at all.

You just repeat same thing here.
On first their intention, there was nothing about easy access. Cara said about it after we asked what's going on. First thread clearly says they want to open it to all level. It's about opening the map to all, not having easy access at first.

Why did you give a Ferrari to 6 years old? What's the point of it?

I'm sure a clear answer has been given in today's update.

As frank Underwood said "clear as moonshine".

clearly and answer was not given. Good job missing the entire point of the thread

Morholt
11-12-2015, 07:00 PM
It's stated in Remi's weekly letter, KM is a "farming destination for all Arlorians", what is the point of having access to a map when you can't effectively run it? It's like, you've won this fabulous Ferrari, it's yours, but you can't drive it faster than 25 miles per hour....Pff, you act like you never see soccer moms with brand new giant SUVs that could climb the side of a mountain of Smart cars, yet they never have those tires leaving the pavement. :P
Most people who own a 1,000+ CC sports bike will never step onto a racetrack...
I own a hammer--I've never built a house.
A lot of people have access to amazing things, but never use them to their full potential.

well considering a number of us have soloed bloodhammer, and we just cleared all of nordr last night using a full party of 17s, i have to disagree with the entirety of your post.Congrats. Now then...why do you need KM scaled below level 21? Sounds like you can fight the mobs. It'll just be a little tough.
So now, is the issue with the KM that it isn't easy enough to do?

Why did you give a Ferrari to 6 years old? What's the point of it?Why give a 6 year old a Ferrari? Now we're talking! This analogy is perfect for an RPG...a game in which you are to PROGRESS your character to things.
You give a child something for LATER in there lives, so that they can have it for when they are READY for it (yea, age 6 is pretty early to have a car set aside for a child, but hey...we're talking about wanting to stick a character that should be fighting the 3rd mini boss of the game into a map designed for after fighting 4 main bosses and about 15+ mini bosses...).
So these level 6s wanting to clear KM...you have to grow up before you can actually use it.
Just like the Ferrari, you can sit inside of the KM now. But you have to grow before you can actually play with it. :D

A lot of you guys have forgotten something: nobody said you have to be level 6, 12, or whatever. You made that choice. In fact, the game isn't intended for you to stay at that level.

Do you really, really, just want to play the KM at a lower level than end game? Okay...keep your lvl 5s and make a lvl 21 character.

The point of it being open to all levels? You can check it out at a low level. Gain some XP by killing the higher level mobs, and PROGRESS in this RPG to be able to kill the mobs easier. If you want to disable XP gain and stay at a specific level, that's on you.

And again, not every twink toon is made for pvp.
I agree; a twink toon doesn't have to be for pvp.
HOWEVER, we all make each twink with a very specific purpose. A Hauntlet twink isn't designed for level 26 pvp--just as a level 12 pvp twink isn't designed for the KM.
Keeping that in mind...if you want a twink in the KM--make a twink designed for the KM and get it to level 21.

Why do you think only end gamers should be able to farm for gold? Why do you think twinks shouldn't have a place to farm crates while end gamers have much more place to farm different things? Remember, this is an RPG...the game is intended to level up as high as possible. When you're a higher level character...you're going to have more places to play and farm at--that's just how it works. In most MMORPGs (which this game is), having a character at a low level is considered a 'rich player's sport ("lol, I spent more gold on my level 5's weapon than this nub level 43's entire character is worth!)." It's been discussed countless times (on these forums, as well as many others), if you're playing an MMORPG and ONLY at a low level...you're going to suffer; you better have an end game character for your serious farming, because that's how you'll be able to do serious farming. If you want to play around at low levels, you better have a lot of gold beforehand; you generally don't play at low levels to profit a ton in an MMORPG.

KM is arguably the best place to be farming for gold...to be able to farm gold just as effectively at level 7 as you can at level 46...ummm, what's the point of levels 8-46?
You can farm stuff at level 7 if you want to, but it'll be much slower. Just as it should be: a higher level character can kill stuff faster/better.

So, recap: KM is easier to access now, so that you can just jump in when you're READY to. If you want to play it at level 8 for some silly reason, go on ahead, but it'll be hard until you gain some XP (gain XP in an RPG?! BLASPHEMY!).

Excuses
11-12-2015, 08:39 PM
@Morholt

Too long to quote.
So the point of playing this game is leveling. Then why removing quest to reach tombs? That's gonna kill the fun of progress, isn't it? Or are you saying the fun of progress is grinding wt4?
And the reason of leveling to 46 is farming crates from km3? Isn't it supposed to be elite/arena?

You said 'Keeping that in mind...if you want a twink in the KM--make a twink designed for the KM and get it to level 21.'
Let me repeat my question again. If I have to make +21 toon for km3, why did sts open it to all level? What's the purpose of opening it to all level?

Sts removed the quests to open Km even the quests were basically just to kill all bosses once with quests. If this was the first intention of this update, they didn't need to remove level requirement but just remove quest and make an direct access to KM.

You are missing my point but just mocking me atm.

I have a lv46 tank with sns to farm. I'm not crying because I can't farm crates, OK. I dont need or want to farm crates with my twinks too. But I thought many twinks will be appreciated if they get a place to farm something in game like they used to have Jarl, and it would be nice to farm something profitable while event runs.

I'm asking what dev intended with this update but there are too many psychics in forum I guess. Sigh.

Bluebatthing
11-12-2015, 10:18 PM
Until a dev chimes in, it's pointless to keep arguing. Too many are claiming to know the developer's intention regarding the issue.
@Morholt

Too long to quote.
So the point of playing this game is leveling. Then why removing quest to reach tombs? That's gonna kill the fun of progress, isn't it? Or are you saying the fun of progress is grinding wt4?
And the reason of leveling to 46 is farming crates from km3? Isn't it supposed to be elite/arena?

You said 'Keeping that in mind...if you want a twink in the KM--make a twink designed for the KM and get it to level 21.'
Let me repeat my question again. If I have to make +21 toon for km3, why did sts open it to all level? What's the purpose of opening it to all level?

Sts removed the quests to open Km even the quests were basically just to kill all bosses once with quests. If this was the first intention of this update, they didn't need to remove level requirement but just remove quest and make an direct access to KM.

You are missing my point but just mocking me atm.

I have a lv46 tank with sns to farm. I'm not crying because I can't farm crates, OK. I dont need or want to farm crates with my twinks too. But I thought many twinks will be appreciated if they get a place to farm something in game like they used to have Jarl, and it would be nice to farm something profitable while event runs.

I'm asking what dev intended with this update but there are too many psychics in forum I guess. Sigh.