PDA

View Full Version : Why do we get no kills in most elites?

KingMartin
11-09-2015, 04:22 AM
While I understand that due to possible abuses, scripting and "botting" an end-game toon is not getting kills in normal low-level maps, why can't we farm kills in maps like Elite Kraken, Palm Rock or LMM?

It's strange - ridiculously easy WT or KT (both easily abused with scripts and macros) give you kills and elite maps won't. Why?

Starkinea
11-09-2015, 07:22 AM
That could be nice :) tombs are so boring... and maps have timers, so not easily abused

pompous
11-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Those low level maps don't grant you XP or kills. When you enter one of those low level maps, in elite, it still follows the same rules for the maps.

Serancha
11-09-2015, 03:41 PM
While I understand that due to possible abuses, scripting and "botting" an end-game toon is not getting kills in normal low-level maps, why can't we farm kills in maps like Elite Kraken, Palm Rock or LMM?

It's strange - ridiculously easy WT or KT (both easily abused with scripts and macros) give you kills and elite maps won't. Why?

We've been asking for ages for them to scale the old elite maps. Right now the mobs are the same levels they were in the seasons they were released. That means they are too many levels below end game and as such, don't give kills. Tombs do scale, so you get kills. As a result most of the elite maps go almost completely unused.

You can see this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?238388-Scaling-of-old-elite-maps) for more on the topic, including the reasoning behind leaving them unused. That reasoning boils down to "We are making new stuff that we will release eventually, so you shouldn't want to play the stuff we made in previous seasons."

This game just makes me tired these days. I don't want to play the same 3 maps daily for months on end. I want to be able to farm maps I choose for items to make / upgrade my gear, and be able to do that in a reasonable amount of time (a few months, not a lot of years). I would like to be able to do this without spending hundreds or thousands of dollars. But maybe I want too much. STS refuses to spend money on ToS enforcement - instead, they make things impossible for a normal player to do in hopes it will become too challenging for bots. All it really does is drive more people in that direction.

kinzmet
11-09-2015, 04:04 PM
If they would re-scale the old elite maps, they should also update the loots on that map. Theres a lot of new contents added pets, gears, jewels etc. that they could use to make the old elite maps looks new (they already re-coloring things anyway).

+1 Scale the old maps for kills, loots, for variety so as to prevent monotony which makes players bored.

Energizeric
11-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Right now the mobs are the same levels they were in the seasons they were released. That means they are too many levels below end game and as such, don't give kills. Tombs do scale, so you get kills. As a result most of the elite maps go almost completely unused.

Actually that is only true for Tindirin. Brackenridge and Ydra Forest elites are scaled to level 25. They were originally 15/16 and were scaled up in season 2 to level 20, and in season 3 to level 25. You will notice that you will loot level 25 gear there now.

Dead City elites were originally level 20/21, and were later scaled up to 25 and then to 30 where they are now.

Kraken elites were originally level 25/26 and were later scaled up to 30 and then to 35 where they are now.

Nordr elites were originally level 30/31 and were later scaled up to 35 and then to 40 where they are now.

Shuyal elites were originally level 35/36 and were later scale dup to 40.

And Tindirin were originally level 40/41 and they were never scaled up.

The problem that started to occur during seasons 3-5 was that so many old dungeons were being scaled up that there was an abundance of legendary gear out there from each campaign all at end game levels, and it caused prices to drop way down. It basically killed farming during that period. So many of us suggested that STS stop scaling up all the dungeons for that reason.

This is also why much of the original legendary gear from seasons 1-4 is now discontinued, because those dungeons scaled and the gear scaled to higher levels as well, so it is no longer available in those low levels anymore.

This thread has gotten me thinking, and I am going to post a new thread with an idea for the old elite maps.... stay tuned....

Serancha
11-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the correction, but seeing as the mobs in most elite maps are still too low level for an end-game toon to gain xp on, the point remains the same. The maps are only ever run once for the ap's and then deserted except for the occasional speed team.

KingMartin
11-10-2015, 05:58 AM
Thank you for your attention to this thread guys.

I understand that it would be difficult to scale up the old pinks with so many new pinks coming from events and new chests and crates.

However, I originally called for the ability to farm kills in old elites with a chance for some modest loot:

1) Rengol crates
2) stat jewels from bosses (if added)
3) eggs - Kettle, Loki, Mali, wrath, snaggle...

Again, I don't understand why I get kills in easy wt4 and can't get kills eg in Elite Skull cove or Palm Rock.