PDA

View Full Version : Need help with end game mage

Bazinga!
11-09-2015, 09:51 AM
I'm having some trouble with Int Mage at endgame, which is weird because I was Int Mage even before the new cap and I had no problems at all. I don't know whether the problem is because I have a bad build or because I haven't got a full elite Mage yet, but I'm leaning towards the second reason for now.

My current gear includes an elite shield with the best stats, an elite armour with the second best stats, a pink helm, and a purple wand. From what I've seen, pink wand doesn't add anything relevant to the purple wand's stats. The elite helm gives 15 more armour and one more dodge, which I don't believe could be the differentiating factor.

Other Int Mages are able to kill me in three shots hitting 400s, whereas I only hit around 200 and most of the time it gets dodged. Elites only give one more dodge than pinks so I can't understand why the other mage would dodge 2/3 skills and I would dodge none.

I haven't put any points in weakness because any class would have 100 + hit even after debuff, rendering one whole mage skill completely useless.

Bears still manage to beckon - stomp me and kill me but if I time my MS correctly, then it would just result in my mana running out. Sometimes I get lucky and they don't dodge a few and I nuke a few, but that happens in like 1 in 10 tries.

Personally I would go back to the 76 cap. People were complaining at that time that PvP was too unbalanced but now its just a matter of who dodges and who doesn't. Fiery could beat any class if played properly and 3pc toons aren't that difficult with 76 sets to be honest. All fiery needed was a little more base dodge because mages don't have a dodge buff. But unfortunately the devs didn't realise that. Or str dodge needed to be nerfed in fact.

My opinion on how stats should be:
Dexterity - Highest dodge, least armour, most hit, medium damage
Str - Lowest dodge, most armour, medium hit, lowest damage
Int - Medium Dodge, Medium armour, lowest hit, Highest damage

Ignitedmage
11-09-2015, 10:19 AM
Well nowadays you're main subject is to nuke, idk why but i have seen like 3 or 4 mages who have used MS till now, even with bears and birds, and as you talking about mana eating then doe you got 1k+ mana pool, how much can be eaten.

Main Point : Nuke hard at the start.

Bazinga!
11-09-2015, 10:30 AM
Well nowadays you're main subject is to nuke, idk why but i have seen like 3 or 4 mages who have used MS till now, even with bears and birds, and as you talking about mana eating then doe you got 1k+ mana pool, how much can be eaten.

Main Point : Nuke hard at the start.

Thats what I try to do but as I stated above, my damage is only around 200 and most of my skills get dodged. Even 1000 mana pool isn't enough when you compare it with the damage of the new items.

Taccori
11-09-2015, 11:30 AM
What's your IGN? I'm having a hard time with int as well. Dex was easier, and I got used to lust int, and its a totally different play style. If you want we can practice together. Oh and Elites make a HUGE difference. Pink helm purp wand was sucking assssss then I got pink wand elite helm and was better, borrowed elite glow stick from a friend and was on fire. Farm need elite khafra helm and cyber int armor.

Taccori
11-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Int nuke isn't what it used to be.... and MS blows ur load, pointless to use cause you will die. I use it lol but only when I absolutely must. And then I die :)

Bazinga!
11-10-2015, 12:40 AM
I think the problem's sorted. I got the elite helm now and a pink wand and its making a huge difference. I'm finally hitting 400s instead 100s lol. Play style is a little different but overall I dont think I'm having any of the problems stated above.

iamthesurvivor
11-10-2015, 05:34 AM
r.i.p still using 9 ms from lust cap lmao...

Ssneakykills
11-10-2015, 12:08 PM
Int Mage at endgame takes skill and timing but having a full set helps a lot too which I know is impossible at the moment due to the elite helm not being released yet