PDA

View Full Version : Farming new FH

Sky../
06-01-2011, 12:00 AM
What do you guys think, level 5 or 10 or 12 char?

Whirlzap
06-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Low level=higher drop rate

drewcapu
06-01-2011, 02:41 AM

negative

Riccits
06-01-2011, 03:01 AM

lol still guys that belive in such pocket legends..

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 03:09 AM
It all depends in if the item is scaled or not. I don't believe it is based on the fact that I don't believe any FH item is. We will have to wait until a bow above level 10 is dropped or a level 12+ can confirm a drop of a level 10 doom item.

Fatpigwarrior
06-01-2011, 04:43 AM
Amyxrose got an orcish bow drop an she's level 56

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 04:46 AM
I've read this twice now and I'm sorry but I still have to respond: Pics or it didn't happen (it's the internet's rule, not mine).

Lowlyspy
06-01-2011, 05:14 AM
Amyxrose got an orcish bow drop an she's level 56

thats the person i met, yeah she got it on her first run she told me, and she showed it to me in-game (it looked sweet btw)

Redbridge
06-01-2011, 06:27 AM

Would love to know what facts this is based on.... Could you post them? Ta

StompArtist
06-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Level 1 FTW!

drewcapu
06-01-2011, 09:39 AM
It all depends in if the item is scaled or not. I don't believe it is based on the fact that I don't believe any FH item is. We will have to wait until a bow above level 10 is dropped or a level 12+ can confirm a drop of a level 10 doom item.

It's already apparent that the DOOM items don't scale "up" since high level players are getting L10 pinks. It's a weird level anomaly that they made L15 recipes in FH, a L1-10 campaign. The question that still seems open is whether or not the pinks scale downwards. There have been a few posts which have hinted that the pinks are L10 only, but nobody has confirmed by saying they got a L10 pink using, say, a L5 or L1 character (especially in one of the first four maps).

matamurman
06-01-2011, 09:58 AM
There must be something wrong with my char I seriously get nothing been frmin every day (meat head,vyxnaar,) and yet no recipe or the vyx helm, and now I have yet to even get a grey item from any boss in new fh. And I'm 2.5k away from 55 been ding sewers from lvl 50-current and have gotten only 2 pinks. Is there something wrong with my aaccount, should I delete it and start over with a new email and everything? The fun of playing is gone almost its not. Fun watching everyone else getting nice stuff and have to liquidate to save gold to get what I need to play with friends that r leet.

Orcish
06-01-2011, 10:08 AM
So far from what I've seen, when I'm by myself, I don't get any drops in the new FH however, when I'm with ppl with lower lvl toons, I get drops. I'll farm more today to verify, but as it stands now, that's what I'm noticing.

Ayc2000
06-01-2011, 10:12 AM
lol, lvl 3

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 10:30 AM
It's already apparent that the DOOM items don't scale "up" since high level players are getting L10 pinks.

Is it really apparent already? Personally, I'm still waiting for proof that a 56 has indeed received a level 10 drop for these new items. So far all I have is people saying they saw this or he said, she said that. I just want hard evidence that they aren't indeed scaled. I understand that it seems apparent based on reports of what is going on, but that just isn't going to cut it for me. I know that FH maps don't usually drop anything above level 10, but the new Forest Haven Boss Gauntlet is dropping items from level 25-30 so...

Fyrce
06-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Items don't scale up. Scaling up would be a new thing and be amazing news and wouldn't make sense then to have min/max level areas.

Lower level players do not drop more often. They might drop lower level items but they do not drop more often than other players.

So far FH behaves like other areas -- I got a pile of drops (no pinks) from L1 and L10 toons. Drop levels ranged from L1 to L10.
The drops >L10 are supposed to be an error and be fixed eventually. Not sure about in Gauntlet, but should be in FH1-5.

Gauntlet DOES NOT drop new items, just as SSC Gauntlet does not drop new items.

This is all usual so far.

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 01:05 PM
So basically all of the level 25-30 drops I'm getting are a not supposed to happen and nothing should drop from FH that is over level 10? Well that makes sense but since I was getting drops higher than my actual level (even solo with a level 10 toon) I started to wonder what was going on and began to indulge the idea that items may actually scale upwards of a campaign's cap.

Thank you for presenting a sound argument, and hopefully the underlying issues that caused these questions to be asked will be patched shortly. Anyone actually know why FH Boss Gauntlet, Skeleton Cult Crypts, and some SC maps drop items that exceed the campaign cap?