PDA

View Full Version : Idea for reviving elite maps from previous seasons.....

Energizeric
11-09-2015, 07:08 PM
You will notice that nobody farms elite maps from previous seasons. Why would you want to? Nothing good drops there. Even if you are lucky enough to loot a legendary item, it is basically worthless now as there is little demand for such old items. The best armors and weapons that drop from these old elite maps are worthless even for twink PvP as event and crate legendary items released over the past 2 years have surpassed those old items in stats.

So how can we revive interest in farming these old maps? Here is my suggestion:

1) Scale the mob/boss difficulty almost to end game levels for all elite maps. My suggestion would be to have all elite maps previous to Rengol be scaled to level 40. This way they are not as hard as Rengol, but will still have decent difficulty.

2) Remove all legendary gear (not including pet eggs) from the drop table. The drop table will now consist of worthless rare and epic items, elite chests, pet eggs, mythic items in certain dungeons, and arcane items in certain dungeons.

3) add achievements for all non-event, non-mythic, and non-arcane pets, similar to how we had achievements for pet groups during seasons 1 & 2. For example, "collect all bat pets" would give an achievement. Make it so that to have full achievement points you need all legendary, epic and rare pets (not including discontinued event pets).

The result of this will be that the prices of many of these old pet eggs will go up in value as they will be needed for achievements. Players will then be encouraged to farm these old maps as the loot will have value. And many will use luck elixirs so they can re-roll. And it would be possible to reroll mythic or arcane items such as the rogue hooks weapon (in Kraken) or the arcane maul (in Nordr).

Anyone remember the old days of Malison hunts? We would have more of that again, but many to chose from.

Of course this idea is just a very rough draft, and I'm sure many of you can suggest some modifications that would improve it.

diimitrii
11-10-2015, 01:46 AM
A lot still runs elite wilds..so do i

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE TOUCH 4033D met Tapatalk

Faliziaga
11-10-2015, 02:03 AM
2.1. Add a spoiler on world map behind every campaign for the most sought after items dropping there including the most valuable chests' loot. This would make it easier for a lot of people who don't know what drops where and who are not willing to scroll through a huge pet stable and meditate on how to organize their farming day.

ilhanna
11-10-2015, 03:22 AM
I agree with Avikk. With each events giving players decent legendaries that twinks can farm for (wild talismans, goblin weapons, icescales, and now wickeds to name a few) nothing that comes out of elite crates will fetch a high value enough to make people want to farm them. Ditto with elite drop eggs, with event pets that are much better and desirable available in market.

On the other hand, making old elite maps farming ground for crafting and upgrade components has the potentials of drawing more people to run those maps again. Let elite Ydra and Dead City bosses drop cracked primary jewels, Kraken and Nordr elite bosses can drop damaged ones and Shuyal and Tindirin bosses weak ones.

The crafting of weapon or pet using items farmed in various elites is a great idea as well. Previous crafted pet components are farmed only from the two highest elite zones of that season (Shuyal and Tindirin for Nekro, Planar Tombs and Ren'gol for Stampy). What if we have a pet or weapon crafted using the recipe that's made up of essences dropping from all elite bosses in Arlor? Make it so that only certain class can farm certain essences so everyone can join the fun. If STS thinks such pet doesn't merit arcane rarity because the lowet level elites are easy for endgamers, let it be mythic, but make it so good people would want it. And make it so quintessentially Arlor, unlike Nekro that has a Tindirin signature all over it, or Stampy that looks like Thumper's beast on a rainy day. Make the resulting pet summon the spirits of Uller, Himingleva and Vili that panic the enemies (like the Army of the Dead in Return of the King). Or if it's a weapon make it proc Uller's Wrath that debuffs enemy, or Himingleva's Fury that buffs crit, or Vili's Rage that buffs damage.

I know Energizeric is hardly the first forumer to propose ideas to revive previous seasons' elites. I'm also aware of STS response to these suggestions. But what I'd like to underline here is, a lot of people, myself included, love running elites, but running the same maps over and over again start getting to be a chore. Plus, the old maps are beautiful (I adore Kraken maps) and so worth a revisit, but almost noone want to run there anymore. Yes, they are soloable, but what's the fun in that?