PDA

View Full Version : Misleading Glintstone Blunderbuss Proc Effect

Niixed
11-10-2015, 10:40 AM
I'm loving the proc itself (+7.0 dmg and increased movement speed) and I love the crystalline pylon portion of the effect, but the greenish shield effect is just confusing.

Firstly the shield proc is visually misleading because isn't protective - it doesn't reduce or avoid incoming damage in any way, it increases outgoing damage :ambivalence:. And, during gameplay, because a player's attention is focused on multiple points on the screen, a sorcerer may mistakenly believe their shield is up when it is not and die because of the mistake. This may or may not have happened to me. ;)

Secondly, the proc interferes with sorcerers who have Nekro and who are attempting to properly time the shield skill with the Nekro aa. I often end up triple-stacking shields in an attempt to ensure I have some kind of shield up. The triple-stacked shields make my character look like an energized, seizure-inducing orb of light.

May I suggest a greenish electric effect similar to the Talon aa? It would be an easy recolor and would make the gun proc more visually appealing as well as more visually accurate.

Carapace
11-11-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm loving the proc itself (+7.0 dmg and increased movement speed) and I love the crystalline pylon portion of the effect, but the greenish shield effect is just confusing.

Firstly the shield proc is visually misleading because isn't protective - it doesn't reduce or avoid incoming damage in any way, it increases outgoing damage :ambivalence:. And, during gameplay, because a player's attention is focused on multiple points on the screen, a sorcerer may mistakenly believe their shield is up when it is not and die because of the mistake. This may or may not have happened to me. ;)

Secondly, the proc interferes with sorcerers who have Nekro and who are attempting to properly time the shield skill with the Nekro aa. I often end up triple-stacking shields in an attempt to ensure I have some kind of shield up. The triple-stacked shields make my character look like an energized, seizure-inducing orb of light.

May I suggest a greenish electric effect similar to the Talon aa? It would be an easy recolor and would make the gun proc more visually appealing as well as more visually accurate.

Nice suggestion, I'll take a look thanks!

Kakashis
11-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Yeah, that shield effect is a major mislead! I found out it wasn't a shield and just confuses the team! I wish that the rogue bombs had a bigger indicator or exploded green though. Right now those are sniper mode xD