PDA

View Full Version : Need permission from Devs to upload the following

Johnaudi
06-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Check :http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27491-Need-Permission-of-Devs-and-GOA-to-upload-The-following
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j334/Johnaudi1998/dec150e0.png

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Did you just create a thread linking us to a thread that you already received feedback about? Is this like a bump, without the bump... Samhayne already gave you feedback and I would imagine you've done everything you can to get this out there.

Hey Johnaudi,

Thanks for your enthusiasm. However, creating special items as you request is something we reserve for special contests or other events. This is like the recently completed design contest for Fiery Weapons of Doom. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?27181-Winners-of-the-Create-Fiery-Weapons-of-DOOM-Design-Contest

So, please feel free to post your ideas and suggestions to our Suggestions and Feedback section. We're always interested in what you have to say. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?13-Suggestions-and-Feedback

TheLaw
06-01-2011, 11:29 AM
I think it was thoughtful of you. Very uber nice. :)

JaytB
06-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Hey John, you know me from in game right? Why don't you post some pictures of what you created? If it's that special and it would be decided to be used, I'm sure you would get credit for it :)

Please don't create threads solely for the purpose of referring to a thread you already created (if that sounds confusing, it's... Well.. Because it.. Is). Keep everything in that first thread. Also avoid making post after post in the same thread, while you could simply use the 'edit' button. It keeps the forum clean and avoids confusion :)

Johnaudi
06-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey John, you know me from in game right? Why don't you post some pictures of what you created? If it's that special and it would be decided to be used, I'm sure you would get credit for it :)

Please don't create threads solely for the purpose of referring to a thread you already created (if that sounds confusing, it's... Well.. Because it.. Is). Keep everything in that first thread. Also avoid making post after post in the same thread, while you could simply use the 'edit' button. It keeps the forum clean and avoids confusion :)

oh ok thx for the info, but what do u mean ill get credit for it? Anyways ill edit frist post ill post the pic

Johnaudi
06-01-2011, 02:10 PM
I think it was thoughtful of you. Very uber nice. :)

:D thx! You are beeing really helpful!

Ayc2000
06-01-2011, 02:16 PM
lol, what he means is that when you post, and have to make a change, edit you're first post instead of creating a new one

edit: oops didnt look at your question
if the devs do like it, then they will geve you credit for making it, they won't say that the idea was theirs

Johnaudi
06-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Ok post the image , i know im not good but its really hard to make a shield! Anyway hope u guys liked it

wvhills
06-01-2011, 03:29 PM
I like the shield.
In this guys defense, it did sound like sam was telling him to post his idea in the suggestions thread.

DawnInfinity
06-01-2011, 03:38 PM
The shield looks cool.

Johnaudi
06-01-2011, 03:40 PM
I like the shield.
In this guys defense, it did sound like sam was telling him to post his idea in the suggestions thread.

Yep :) thx but can u see the shield? I can only see half of it... Dunno why

Samhayne
06-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Looks very nice, Johnaudi.

As for making it an item in game, the technical issue would probably be the resolution of the texture on the shield needed to get the detail you put into it.

Beyond that, as I stated in your other thread, we reserve making player made items to part of contests. But cool shield idea nonetheless!

Johnaudi
06-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Looks very nice, Johnaudi.

As for making it an item in game, the technical issue would probably be the resolution of the texture on the shield needed to get the detail you put into it.

Beyond that, as I stated in your other thread, we reserve making player made items to part of contests. But cool shield idea nonetheless!
if u want i can rmk the shield in better quality
Altho it is hard work,shud i enter a contest for it? I'll try to make all the weap and shields and set in HQ , I dont need to enter contests, I dont need a reward lol All i want is that u guys just upload it! Thx again
Btw shud i make them in HQ or the grafic makers? Just wanna know :) and call me John

TechniShock
06-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Awesome shield

JaytB
06-01-2011, 04:37 PM
if u want i can rmk the shield in better quality
Altho it is hard work,shud i enter a contest for it? I'll try to make all the weap and shields and set in HQ , I dont need to enter contests, I dont need a reward lol All i want is that u guys just upload it! Thx again
Btw shud i make them in HQ or the grafic makers? Just wanna know :) and call me John

Awesome shield yes ;) you can see you've put a lot of effort into it.

And how cool and wonderful I think you shield is, they can't just implement a random design in the game. They've planned ahead, and however cool your shield is, it might not fit into the sets they already designed for future releases.

On top of that, you can't ask to get your design to be 'uploaded' in the game, and expect them to be able to fit that in. We, as a community, need a vote in that too. That's why there are design contests. That's when you can show off your own designs and hope it gets selected.

So, best thing for you to do now, is to wait (patiently) until the next design contest, and show your designs then and there. In the mean time, you can always play PL :D

Johnaudi
06-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Awesome shield yes ;) you can see you've put a lot of effort into it.

And how cool and wonderful I think you shield is, they can't just implement a random design in the game. They've planned ahead, and however cool your shield is, it might not fit into the sets they already designed for future releases.

On top of that, you can't ask to get your design to be 'uploaded' in the game, and expect them to be able to fit that in. We, as a community, need a vote in that too. That's why there are design contests. That's when you can show off your own designs and hope it gets selected.

So, best thing for you to do now, is to wait (patiently) until the next design contest, and show your designs then and there. In the mean time, you can always play PL :D
thx for the tip but I know it fits any other set lol I will make the sets design and the dongeon map if I shud , Still planning on the weap it shud be out today maybe in better quality.

Johnaudi
06-02-2011, 06:38 AM
Shud I create an axe or sword or 2h? Or all?
Also a 1h dagger and an auto cross bow
1h and 2h staff too

thugimmortal
06-02-2011, 06:46 AM
nice job

thanks for sharing it does look cool dude

Arterra
06-02-2011, 06:52 AM
the only way i have seen to have items suggested and implemented in game are if the devs already had a plan for it in some fashion, or if it is for some holiday event.

for example, I kept pushing for a pumpkin haelm for maybe 1.5 months before Halloween, and voila there it is. I have no way of knowing if they already have a plan for making it or not, but you never know if you dont push. other examples i think include the antlers for christmas, and bunny ears. they Might have made them nonetheless, but providing a valid reason to make an item makes it more likely.
The only item suggestion i can think of that resulted in it's creation that was not tied to a event was the dual wielding blades. but that had been suggested for months lol, and I only happened to get a dev response about it xD

TheLaw
06-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Try something diferrent. ;) I like your lion shield, but just a suggestion, why don't you make the whole Lion's head, the shield. :P As for the weapons, it should have a different look, not the boring ol' ones.

Johnaudi
06-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Well i am dooing the whole set! For dex and int too! But for dex im choosing another name : Eagle set
Int : Cheetah's set

Johnaudi
06-02-2011, 02:04 PM
If there is any Disagreement please post it right away

Johnaudi
06-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Ok then i got tHe axe done ... Shud i show it here?

Johnaudi
06-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Anyone here?

KingFu
06-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Nice shield:) Much better than I could do lol. ^^

Piosidon
06-03-2011, 09:49 AM
If you do a talon, make it curved like on a real bird's foot. The current in-game one are just basically sharp metal things you can throw.

Johnaudi
06-04-2011, 07:20 AM
If you do a talon, make it curved like on a real bird's foot. The current in-game one are just basically sharp metal things you can throw.

Sure! But I do not get the picture... You want it curved? I dont get it ,may you send me a picture of it?

Johnaudi
06-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Nice shield:) Much better than I could do lol. ^^

XD thanks, Of course much better than you can do! You cant even draw! Just kidding You're Awsome

Riccits
06-04-2011, 07:23 AM
yep nice done dude! :)

Ellyidol
06-04-2011, 07:30 AM
I just noticed, why the two different threads and the consistent pursuing of it even after Sam said its best reserved for a competition?

Johnaudi
06-04-2011, 07:35 AM
I just noticed, why the two different threads and the consistent pursuing of it even after Sam said its best reserved for a competition?

???

Ellyidol
06-04-2011, 07:49 AM
???

My bad, re-read your previous thread to find out it was in the wrong section. Didn't really need to start one again though :)

Register
06-04-2011, 07:52 AM
devs are not stupid..they give credit for it. Know that not all suggestions can be put into the game.

Johnaudi
06-04-2011, 04:12 PM
devs are not stupid..they give credit for it. Know that not all suggestions can be put into the game.
What are you talking about?