PDA

View Full Version : Remove the "XP gain has been disabled" message

csb
06-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Please remove the message that is displayed on the screen when XP gain is disabled. It's not some sort of emergency that needs my constant attention. This is intentional, so I don't need the permanent reminder.

Why not display the message for maybe 10 seconds when I enter a dungeon? The "[!]" symbol is displayed exactly where I would click if I am running away from a pull. So, naturally, instead of running away I just die.

I tried running serpentine (clicking left and right of the [!]), but that is not very effective, and doesn't do anything to help dodge arrows.

I have been trying to get used to the joystick thing. It's ok, except when it get stuck and I run farther than I intended.

It would be *really* helpful if you remove the [!], which is my biggest annoyance right now.

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 12:58 PM
I agree that it's a constant eyesore (I'm glad that it's removed when 56 is achieved), but it is actually sort of an emergency for some. There are numerous new players that come into Balefort castle wondering why they cannot get past level 13, 18, etc... and it all comes down to them not actually paying attention to this flashing exclamation point at the bottom of their screen. It would be nice if it would be removed after a short period after a spawn, but as long as players are having an issue with the natural progression of the game I'm afraid your issue will be noted and ignored for the greater good.

I would like to think that if you actually choose to disable xp gain via options that this message would be unnecessary; perhaps that could be the happy medium that players and devs can agree on.