PDA

View Full Version : Please include players with 2 yrs of loyalty in the "Veterans"

epicrrr
11-13-2015, 01:52 AM
1 year is already a feat in itself, 2 years is unquestionable loyalty and 3 undying love.

My appeal is to include players with 2 years of account creation and had logged in within 90 days to those that will receive the "gold shield".

Vixenne
11-13-2015, 02:06 AM
Won't that defeat the purpose of showing who the true Veterans of the game... Unless STS changes mind and makes Shields showing which players are 1 y/o, 2 y/o & 3 y/o (gold shield)...

"Veteran Vanities

Last, but not least, for all of you players who have been around with us from the very beginning--THANK YOU. An extra special gold veteran back vanity will be automatically granted to your account if your account was created before 1/1/13 and you have logged in within the last 90 days. Each veteran player will receive one for each class in their stash. Show the world that you're one of the ORIGINAL Arlorians!"

Pillowhead
11-13-2015, 04:38 AM
Zzz, what if I have it on my FB account, is possible to transfer it to an email account?....

will0
11-13-2015, 04:47 AM
1/3/2013 .. 2 days difference? and dont get it ? It should be more flexible !

ClumsyCactus
11-13-2015, 04:55 AM
-1 to giving it to everyone.
+1 to give everyone else something based on the date their acc was created.

diimitrii
11-13-2015, 06:30 AM
Dam right you are!! Or give us something else!! My acc is from 13/8/14 :((

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE TOUCH 4033D met Tapatalk

epicrrr
11-13-2015, 07:24 AM
-1 to giving it to everyone.
+1 to give everyone else something based on the date their acc was created.

Not many have 2 yrs on their account.

and yes, something to commemorate hard fan loyalty.

Pedgon
11-13-2015, 07:59 AM
1 year is already a feat in itself, 2 years is unquestionable loyalty and 3 undying love.

My appeal is to include players with 2 years of account creation and had logged in within 90 days to those that will receive the "gold shield".

Basically, you just want to change the purpose of these shields for your own benefit..zz..so NO.

Excuses
11-13-2015, 08:15 AM
1.4. 2013 here too..
I'm sad. :/

epicrrr
11-13-2015, 08:22 AM
Basically, you just want to change the purpose of these shields for your own benefit..zz..so NO.

you miss the whole picture.

Madnex
11-13-2015, 08:58 AM
As seen in the previous games, veteran vanities are a progressive goal that you can achieve if you just keep playing. Anyhow, it's not like they handed out a full-plated golden dragon set with special fx, it's just a plain shield recolor - sheesh with the "plz can i haz" posts.

Visiting
11-13-2015, 09:03 AM
I logged on for the first time in weeks to see if I had gotten the shield, only to find that I made my current account 2-4-13, missing the deadline by a month :<

Motherless_Child
11-13-2015, 09:58 AM
I logged on for the first time in weeks to see if I had gotten the shield, only to find that I made my current account 2-4-13, missing the deadline by a month :<

Dang.... That sucks.....

Haligali
11-13-2015, 10:02 AM
It is a slightly different colour than the 20k one from cs, just buy it if you like.

twoxc
11-13-2015, 10:58 AM
should have been a gap date like 1/1/13-1/1/14 lol
if AL was released in November 2013 and supposedly you gotta make an account within 2 months to actually earn this thing? man AL wasn't even advertising much in APPSTORE other wise i would have known there was such a game and would have play it way sooner lol oh well.

mondeng006
11-13-2015, 11:36 AM
I made a thread About the Veterans Back Vanities. Please take a look.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?275936-Sugestion-for-Veterans-Back-Vanity!.

Zaizor
11-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Lol,I feel your pain, I made a thread too

Checking Start Date (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?275784-Checking-date&p=2320317&viewfull=1#post2320317)

Serancha
11-13-2015, 01:59 PM
As seen in the previous games, veteran vanities are a progressive goal that you can achieve if you just keep playing. Anyhow, it's not like they handed out a full-plated golden dragon set with special fx, it's just a plain shield recolor - sheesh with the "plz can i haz" posts.

Exactly. How does giving it to everyone say "thank you" to those of us who started at the beginning?

If you started 2 years ago you aren't actually a veteran. You didn't play when there was no pvp, you didn't play when there were no locked crates, no mythics, no arcanes. When the difference between the best gear and the next-best gear was 0.2% crit and 0.4 damage. When Malison didn't drop for 2 months, and Bael was too hard for most players to fight.

You didn't play pvp when pets weren't allowed, when the Windmill glitch turned warriors into instant-death machines, when people were actually friendly and would spend days testing 1vs1 with a full ctf map of spectators. When there was no TDM, the leaderboard wasn't sewn up by people who haven't played for years, and twinking wasn't a thing. You haven't spent 3 years working with the devs on the forum to try and make the game better for those who came after.

There are multiple colours of these back vanities. It isn't like it's a totally exclusive thing. You can get it in another colour.

Excuses
11-13-2015, 02:06 PM
should have been a gap date like 1/1/13-1/1/14 lol
if AL was released in November 2013 and supposedly you gotta make an account within 2 months to actually earn this thing? man AL wasn't even advertising much in APPSTORE other wise i would have known there was such a game and would have play it way sooner lol oh well.

Exactly my thought.
Most of people who got this is those who played sts game before AL released. It should be 6month or 1 year from the day of release imo.
It's hard to say for 'ORIGINAL Arlorians'

bonjovi3223
11-13-2015, 02:24 PM
Imagine the outcry if all vets were given 2 paras & 3 eyes...ahahahah

Arcanedragon
11-13-2015, 02:24 PM
The only difference with the veteran vanities is the color. Like madnex says its nothing really special. These are only given to veterans and true veterans have been here since the beginning, therefore they should get these vanities. True veterans started when Malison was the best, when there was no pvp, Elite Rooks Nest was the hardest thing ever, and was there for Dead City expansion. They started at the very beginning in the game and deserve something for their efforts. If it was given to 2013, then 2014 pplayers would want it and so on and it would no longer be a veteran vanity.

Kharjojo
11-13-2015, 02:36 PM
I don't get the logic of this post sorry.
I can only understand who's complaining for 1-2 months of difference but it makes no sense to give this "reward" to people playing from 2 years. Isn't AL 3rd birthday?
Move on, c'mon :D

Zeus
11-13-2015, 02:36 PM
These vanities have come in other games. Either you met the requirement or you did not. They, in no way, hinder your ability to play the game as they are just vanities.

It's so difficult to see the color of the various versions of these vanities anyways so anyone that can tell the difference has been checking out your character much too long, and I suggest asking them out on a date.

Haligali
11-13-2015, 02:45 PM
this is why we can't have nice things :(

Arrowz
11-13-2015, 03:50 PM
05/16/12 wooohh!!!

Visiting
11-13-2015, 04:50 PM
Exactly. How does giving it to everyone say "thank you" to those of us who started at the beginning?

If you started 2 years ago you aren't actually a veteran. You didn't play when there was no pvp, you didn't play when there were no locked crates, no mythics, no arcanes. When the difference between the best gear and the next-best gear was 0.2% crit and 0.4 damage. When Malison didn't drop for 2 months, and Bael was too hard for most players to fight.

You didn't play pvp when pets weren't allowed, when the Windmill glitch turned warriors into instant-death machines, when people were actually friendly and would spend days testing 1vs1 with a full ctf map of spectators. When there was no TDM, the leaderboard wasn't sewn up by people who haven't played for years, and twinking wasn't a thing. You haven't spent 3 years working with the devs on the forum to try and make the game better for those who came after.

There are multiple colours of these back vanities. It isn't like it's a totally exclusive thing. You can get it in another colour.
A lot of the players complaining here were here for those things, seeing as they missed the deadline by the margin of a few days (myself included :<)

Zaizor
11-13-2015, 05:06 PM
I feel, just almost slighted. This is the longest running app I've ever played, the only app I spent money on. I think I said it best in another thread.

Countless runs, countless hours, completed plat offers, survived plat farmers, every event participated, even bought plat in a jam... Participation should count too!!!! I did my part and helped keep this game alive!

Zaizor
11-13-2015, 05:13 PM
I'm going to tack something on to make it sound less, "gimme gimme,"

I love the originals that helped start this game and get it off the ground, I feel some of us long term users, that participate daily, legally, that help keep the doors open and lights on, should be graded on our help as well. Rather than a date, where some players may or not play anymore... Where is the true Arcane Legends lovers and grinders reward?

I feel like a step-parent that came in six months later, after the originals left for smokes and didn't come back, busted *** to help, and got zero in return.

To some it's a useless, untradeable gold shield, to me, it's an STS "thanks for your long-term support."

Serancha
11-13-2015, 06:05 PM
A lot of the players complaining here were here for those things, seeing as they missed the deadline by the margin of a few days (myself included :<)

Sure, but I was responding to the thread that is asking for 2 years to be considered "Veteran".

It wouldn't matter what date they make the cutoff - there will always be people who missed it by "just a few days". There is no winning in this situation for the developers. If they make it 6 months, the people at 7 months will have "just missed" it. They wanted to make something special for those who started at the beginning and are still playing. There really aren't that many, and a bit of appreciation shown for being one of those people is a nice gesture.

For those who weren't here for season 1 and the start of season 2, they made a bunch of other colours in which you can get the same vanity.

Xenobiotic
11-13-2015, 06:07 PM
Sure, but I was responding to the thread that is asking for 2 years to be considered "Veteran".

It wouldn't matter what date they make the cutoff - there will always be people who missed it by "just a few days". There is no winning in this situation for the developers. If they make it 6 months, the people at 7 months will have "just missed" it. They wanted to make something special for those who started at the beginning and are still playing. There really aren't that many, and a bit of appreciation shown for being one of those people is a nice gesture.

For those who weren't here for season 1 and the start of season 2, they made a bunch of other colours in which you can get the same vanity.

Couldn't have said the 2nd paragraph better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClumsyCactus
11-13-2015, 06:56 PM
The real question is why people are pissed about this when the silver shield is like 25 times cooler anyway IMO

Haligali
11-13-2015, 06:58 PM

Honestly, i needed to check twice what the differences are. I thought at first its the same as the bronze version just don't need to spend tokens on it. It's nice tho, but a gold winterfest vanity would be more epic.

Kakashis
11-13-2015, 07:22 PM
I got it on my original account, but not on my main. Not going to lose any sleep over it because come on, how many of you guys would actually use that shield over wings?

Sariita
11-13-2015, 07:50 PM
I got it on my original account, but not on my main. Not going to lose any sleep over it because come on, how many of you guys would actually use that shield over wings?
Isn't little love and Lvl 16 cap banner prettier than this shield anyway? :P

Back to topic, It should stay to those who played before 1/1/2013. Not just because I'm from Nov 2012, but since it's one of the few veteran vanities out there (Little Love & Level 16 cap banner are the other two) - And they are just that... Vanities! Nothing game changer, and the token shields are prettier, actually.

Ardbeg
11-13-2015, 07:55 PM
a veteran is a veteran is a veteran!

Arrowz
11-13-2015, 08:33 PM

pls turn all mythic drops from crates into arcanes instead

pls give warmonger title to anybody with 7500 pvp kills

pls give paragon to people with 7500 aps

pls make grand cakes give 150 tokens instead of 100

epicrrr
11-13-2015, 10:16 PM
pls turn all mythic drops from crates into arcanes instead

pls give warmonger title to anybody with 7500 pvp kills

pls give paragon to people with 7500 aps

pls make grand cakes give 150 tokens instead of 100

o come on you didnt go for the best one, make sns free.

Pedgon
11-14-2015, 06:25 AM

Thank you for those "holy" words Ser!! People simply don't want to understand :)

Anyona
11-14-2015, 08:25 AM
I just want to say thank you STS. I was so happy once I found out my account was made in 2012. Happy to receive the special back piece. To those who didn't receive it don't loose any sleep over it! :)

Zylx
11-14-2015, 11:56 AM
My biggest problem with this is that AL and PL accounts are practically the same. So someone who's played PL since 2010 and just began playing AL a week ago automatically gets a "AL veteran" status symbol. Yet there are people who've supported this game for years and they get absolutely nothing. That's a kick in the teeth.

But whatever. What's done is done. I'm never playing another Legends game again.

Schnitzel
11-15-2015, 12:53 AM
No disrespect to anyone on here, but honestly, its just a recolored back vanity. You could buy a bronze or silver back vanity, and it'll have the same effect "oohhh here's something I'll wear for a while, then wear something else when that new item catches my interest"

And before anyone starts pointing at me for being a PL veteran, I've played AL during initial release, then stopped because at the time, PL was where my friends were. Then in May 2014, i gave AL another shot, and been active ever since.

If STS were to make it so that PL players cannot just jump in and grab a AL Veteran status, add another boolean to the code that checks for whether someone is a veteran or not.
check to make sure their account was created later than November 2, 2012 (meaning that accounts created before that date are disqualified); and have logged in within the last 90 days

Serancha
11-15-2015, 03:24 PM
Wouldn't that mean that someone who played PL in previous years, and then started AL in November 2012, would be disqualified, since their account was from before? Or are AL accounts actually different than PL accounts? If the latter is fact, the whole concern about people who have switched to AL in the past 90 days is baseless.

I was under the impression that the accounts were different, since plat bought in one game is not useable in another game, but plat bought on one toon in AL is useable by any character on that account.

mesalin
11-15-2015, 03:41 PM
This is just vanity. It don't add any stats , it don't add any special bonus. It just show how long you play. My friend Aecard got shield, know what? He had wearing it 1 day and he got bored of it lol. Just wait till we get another awesome back vanity available for all and shield...? nobody gonna use it

Schnitzel
11-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Wouldn't that mean that someone who played PL in previous years, and then started AL in November 2012, would be disqualified, since their account was from before? Or are AL accounts actually different than PL accounts? If the latter is fact, the whole concern about people who have switched to AL in the past 90 days is baseless.

I was under the impression that the accounts were different, since plat bought in one game is not useable in another game, but plat bought on one toon in AL is useable by any character on that account.

Initially, G and the rest of STS (this was during the PL, pre-SL time) wanted to make Platinum a cross-game currency. However it had something to do with Apple and its ToS that kept STS from implementing that idea.

Also, my previous message was written really late at night. So the logic was "half-baked" (I think thats what its called..)

eugene9707
11-15-2015, 11:19 PM
No disrespect to anyone on here, but honestly, its just a recolored back vanity. You could buy a bronze or silver back vanity, and it'll have the same effect "oohhh here's something I'll wear for a while, then wear something else when that new item catches my interest"

And before anyone starts pointing at me for being a PL veteran, I've played AL during initial release, then stopped because at the time, PL was where my friends were. Then in May 2014, i gave AL another shot, and been active ever since.

If STS were to make it so that PL players cannot just jump in and grab a AL Veteran status, add another boolean to the code that checks for whether someone is a veteran or not.
check to make sure their account was created later than November 2, 2012 (meaning that accounts created before that date are disqualified); and have logged in within the last 90 days

but that would be unfair for people who had their account created prior to Nov 2,2012 and started on day 1.

I myself, started SL in 2011, and been playing AL since the day it was release on chrome....

i dont think there's a win win solution for this scenario ...

Schnitzel
11-16-2015, 12:08 AM
but that would be unfair for people who had their account created prior to Nov 2,2012 and started on day 1.

I myself, started SL in 2011, and been playing AL since the day it was release on chrome....

i dont think there's a win win solution for this scenario ...

I just looked through Doc's AL Timeline, found the words "November 2, 2012" and "Release date" then wrote it here.
and again, as I said earlier, that post (and the current post I'm writing) was a half-baked (not very well thought out) post...

...just like the medium cakes that my alts were baking lol

Ckash
11-16-2015, 10:31 PM
With all due respect STS, can you please make the sheild for Vets look more appealing, maybe a Glow or something.. Its nice and all but..I been playing since the beginning and the Vet sheild look abit plain.. you know..