PDA

View Full Version : Proof that level 10 can be looted with a higher level char :D

JaytB
06-01-2011, 04:17 PM
I'll let the screenshots speak for themselves... I've left some screenshots out because I had a rather lengthy conversation with the nice person in the screenshots.

Ow yes, he said to mention his clan, for whatever reason... See screenshots :D

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/0906015d.png

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/2adff640.png

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/71db8df3.png

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/8dd3e485.png

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/6699cf32.png

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/c37105d7.png

Arterra
06-01-2011, 04:19 PM
isnt lv10 the default level? i would think it is scaled from 5-10 :/
or is lv15 the default?

kjzhu9
06-01-2011, 04:25 PM
hmm how much r these doom stuff worth??? i saw a mage one in cs for either 1.7 or 17 mill... lmao

JaytB
06-01-2011, 04:25 PM
isnt lv10 the default level? i would think it is scaled from 5-10 :/
or is lv15 the default?

Oh no, it's not the lvl of the wep I was talking about but, as far as I understood, there was confusion that they'd drop at all, if you were higher than lvl 10. I read it in a couple of posts, and people in game weren't sure of it either.

JaytB
06-01-2011, 04:28 PM
hmm how much r these doom stuff worth??? i saw a mage one in cs for either 1.7 or 17 mill... lmao

As long as they're new and rare, prices will be high. People who, for whatever reason, really can't wait to get it will buy large amounts of gold for it. 17mil is a bit steep though lol O.o

Jespo
06-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Thats nice but try looting a lvl 10 pink in DF with anything higher than 10.. I'm sure you cant

Whirlzap
06-01-2011, 04:40 PM
It can be looted above 10. And 10 is default level.
I dunno about Orange, he was offering to buy that bow yesterday.

Conradin
06-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Lol i tried and tried to loot a level 10 pink armor in DF. Finally i gave up bu thankfully Jd gave me his.

Jespo
06-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Not possible to loot a lv10 DF armor with anything above lv10. I've tried and tried

Silentarrow
06-01-2011, 08:09 PM
I don't see why people think your level affects drop rates... Although when farming for crystalline I had a "leecher" loot the full set in about 45 minutes

Jespo
06-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Lvl does affect the lvl of the loot you will get.
You can't get a lv50 RR leather with a lv55

DJMdivine
06-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks to Oranglelordd I can save loads of pots and just farm on my main.

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Thank you for the post, but I don't see the actual proof you speak of. I mean it's just a conversation, proof would be a screenshot at the time of the drop with the level of the char visible and the message of You received: Orcish's Wildfire Bow of Doom. After many threads and much deliberation, I believe that the items cannot scale above level 10, it is still under debate if the items can scale below level 10 though.

Zeus
06-01-2011, 08:55 PM
People are getting confused between FH and DF. The cap at FH is 10. So drops are 10 (I believe). So, you can farm on your main. DF, if you want level 10 drops, your going to have to farm with a level 10.

Sorcererssoul
06-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Thank you for the post, but I don't see the actual proof you speak of. I mean it's just a conversation, proof would be a screenshot at the time of the drop with the level of the char visable and the message of You received: Orcish's Wildfire Bow of Doom.
Hmm not true,

We got 2 people now who confirmed its was a drop by their main.
So why keep you saying this over and over?
Sometimes you just need to trust people.
Btw think yanis will have the answer soon enough

Gluttony
06-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Hmm not true,

We got 2 people now who confirmed its was a drop by their main.
So why keep you saying this over and over?
Sometimes you just need to trust people.

I keep repeating this for the simple fact that a person's word isn't actual proof. It's their word and nothing more, it has nothing to do with trust just a bit of wording is all I guess. Just saying... Here I'll give an example (while putting another char on blast):

Confirmed Drop Rates:
The Staff-Silknight(1/20,000)
The Sword-Meathead frommGraveyard(1/30,000)
The Bow-From the archer dude in last map(Silknight dungeon)(1/25,000)

Here the statement of "confirmed" is used incorrectly. I mean I think we all know these rates are not confirmed at all, but all it takes is one player to read this post and take it as fact. That information gets relayed and we have our very own little game of PL telephone.

I know I've personally been kicked from a game with a reason along the lines of "you're stealing our xp" the player believed that larger parties had to actually split xp. When I asked why, they said a person told them they read it on forums. Perhaps I'm being too picky and would like to have actual confirmation and not just hearsay. I'll take your advice and back off on this topic and wait for Yanis to enlighten me.

Sorcererssoul
06-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Haha nothing against u bud.... But what intention do they have to lie?

Marcoolio
06-02-2011, 12:24 AM
This is only another word but still..

I join farm group 55-56 and they just kill boss in chp.5 and pink bow drop. I take screen but ppl talk much so that pink drop line not show in pic. (too slow to turn screen app on in my android)

I keep hunting to get you that screen becouse you cant trust ppl.. Why us lie lvl10 pink..lol

Gluttony
06-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Why do people seem to think that if someone wants confirmation, then they are accusing others of lying? I get it, two level 56 chars say it's true so it must be. I will start believing everything that I read in here, and question nothing.

Twinkman
06-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Idk who to believe lol

Marcoolio
06-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Why do people seem to think that if someone wants confirmation, then they are accusing others of lying? I get it, two level 56 chars say it's true so it must be. I will start believing everything that I read in here, and question nothing.

No one says u must belive and like i say i hunt that proof.. I just say what i see and i know you dont belive befor seeing. Thats ur way to handle this and i accept your way. i dont belive this before i see it and im sorry i missed screen.

OverkillED
06-02-2011, 02:06 AM
well 1mil is a little steep. i see them for 100k in auction.
btw: they SUCK (if ur actually gonna use for twinking or whatever). i vsed a dexbear lvl 10 with that bow with my mage lvl 13 and owned him.

kamikazees
06-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Perhaps I'm being too picky and would like to have actual confirmation and not just hearsay.

Actually, in any American court of law the testimony of a witness who was present at an event is competent, admissible evidence. It is not hearsay unless the person is saying something that someone else told him. That did not happen here. Of course, a fact-finder can still choose not to believe the witness, being allowed to take into account the the potential bias, prejudice, motive and testimony of the witness in comparison to other evidence in the case. We now have two witnesses here, and although the issue is not certain, the preponderance of the evidence indicates this item can be looted by someone higher than level 10.

Gluttony
06-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Actually, in any American court of law the testimony of a witness who was present at an event is competent, admissible evidence. It is not hearsay unless the person is saying something that someone else told him. That did not happen here. Of course, a fact-finder can still choose not to believe the witness, being allowed to take into account the the potential bias, prejudice, motive and testimony of the witness in comparison to other evidence in the case. We now have two witnesses here, and although the issue is not certain, the preponderance of the evidence indicates this item can be looted by someone higher than level 10.

Um you did all of that and you do realise that the OP wasn't an actual witness, but had a conversation with an individual who got the drop (hearsay). That's the "proof" that this thread is based on so it's exactly what happened here.

Edit: I agree that the evidence does suggest that the item can indeed be looted by a toon higher than level 10, however this thread states proof and I am just supporting my stance that there is no actual proof. A witness alone (or two) isn't usually enough to convince a jury. I don't see any compelling evidence when all it would take is the push of two buttons simultaneously to put this to bed once and for all.

JaytB
06-02-2011, 10:23 AM

Do you want to be my lawyer? Lol

Anyway, I just had another confirmation of a friend I completely trust. His high level buddy looted one while he was running with him. I know this would classify as hearsay. But, as said, I have confidence he was telling the truth :)

kamikazees
06-02-2011, 10:23 AM
He posted the actual conversation. You can see it taking place.

JaytB
06-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Um you did all of that and you do realise that the OP wasn't an actual witness, but had a conversation with an individual who got the drop (hearsay). That's the "proof" that this thread is based on so it's exactly what happened here.

Edit: I agree that the evidence does suggest that the item can indeed be looted by a toon higher than level 10, however this thread states proof and I am just supporting my stance that there is no actual proof. A witness alone (or two) isn't usually enough to convince a jury. I don't see any compelling evidence when all it would take is the push of two buttons simultaneously to put this to bed once and for all.

You're taking this way too serious IMO ;) You almost make me feel like I really need a lawyer. If you don't believe it, that's your prerogative. And, what 2 buttons are you talking about?

Gluttony
06-02-2011, 10:33 AM
You're taking this way too serious IMO ;) You almost make me feel like I really need a lawyer. If you don't believe it, that's your prerogative. And, what 2 buttons are you talking about?

Why so serious? I'm never serious, it's just a point of view that others seem to be trying to take away from me (for whatever reason). I'm an iOS user so pressing the home button and the power button together will take a screenshot.

He posted the actual conversation. You can see it taking place.

True he did post the actual convo so chalk one in the win column for you as hearsay is inaccurate. However, it's a witnesses' recall that can now be brought into questions since the testimony is after the events have occurred and are no longer fresh in the speakers mind.

JaytB
06-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Hey you guys, want me to make a court-of-law thread? :D

Gluttony, I agree I could've chosen the title more carefully, but it was proof enough for me. And, in the end, I'm judge jury and executioner in making up my own titles :P

Ayrilana
06-02-2011, 10:43 AM
I saw the flying spaghetti monster in the game. If you want, I can have a conversation with you about it and then you can post it on here as evidence that there is such a thing in the game.

JaytB
06-02-2011, 10:44 AM
I saw the flying spaghetti monster in the game. If you want, I can have a conversation with you about it and then you can post it on here as evidence that there is such a thing in the game.

-.-

Edit: you make it sound like I set up this conversation... Thx for the support /sarcasm off

Darkfader
06-02-2011, 10:46 AM

I can confirm this, saw it too ;)

Come on guys, why so serious it's just a video game.

JaytB
06-02-2011, 10:48 AM
I can confirm this, saw it too ;)

Come on guys, why so serious it's just a video game.

Give it up, some people apparently can't believe something unless they saw it with their own eyes ;)

Ayrilana
06-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Haha. The entire point of my previous post is that you can't rely on what someone else said in the game. You can't compare a witness in the game to a witness in court. There's a big difference between the two. A conversation with someone is not enough to be convincing. I'm not saying that it's not possible but I'm not going to take some random person's word for it that they got it.

Darkfader
06-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Give it up, some people apparently can't believe something unless they saw it with their own eyes ;)

And?
You know the truth that's enough.. Let others believe what thy want to and request close from Devs for this useless flamewar topic.

JaytB
06-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Haha. The entire point of my previous post is that you can't rely on what someone else said in the game. You can't compare a witness in the game to a witness in court. There's a big difference between the two. A conversation with someone is not enough to be convincing. I'm not saying that it's not possible but I'm not going to take some random person's word for it that they got it.

Didn't you read that I got a second confirmation? It was a friend I've known from when I started playing PL. And, as said, that is proof enough for me.

Gluttony

I'm going to stick to the idea that threads like these are how rumors get started. Is your intel good, probably, but once you start spreading the word only to find out that it was incorrect, well then it's already out there... no take-backs.

Arterra
i just tried to read back to see wtF is going on, and cant understand it lol.
so i will just say something on behalf of the threads main question:

YES. according to all previous examples in item looting, items can be farmed by anyone anytime. since drops are pure luck, i would expect that trend to be kept by the devs.

JaytB
06-02-2011, 10:53 AM
And?
You know the truth that's enough.. Let others believe what thy want to and request close from Devs for this useless flamewar topic.

So now this topic is a useless flamewar topic? I thought I was just sharing info here. Info that people would appreciate to read... My bad.

Ayrilana
06-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Sorry if you took offense to what I said about not necessarily believing everything you hear. I've just seen numerous rumors start up this way that are completely false.

diiroid
06-02-2011, 11:39 AM
WOW *slowly walks away while saying «gonna farm fh» silently*

JaytB
06-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Sorry if you took offense to what I said about not necessarily believing everything you hear. I've just seen numerous rumors start up this way that are completely false.

I shouldn't have taken offense in the first place. It's just that I was happy to finally post something useful on the forum, only to see it turn into another flamewar. Honestly, I've had enough of all the wining and flaming going on in these forums nowadays. It's true, that this is how rumors get started and I should've given it more thought. I was just too eager to post something positive on the forum, between all the negativity.

Yanis
06-02-2011, 12:21 PM
I am sorry if the answer has been covered already, but all the evidence we need is in the CS: There has not been a single weapon of Doom in anything other than level 10. This most likely means that it only comes in that level (at the very least it maxes out in that level), and therefore you can use your main characters to farm for level 10 drops. If it does scale lower than 10, you would need lower than 10 characters to find out. I personally doubt it.

YYZ????
06-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I am certain LVL 10 Doom weapons drop to Higher level toons. I have looted many weapons from Silknight and all are LVL 10. I have not been lucky enough to get pink yet but I am confident it drops.

Farming Log: 148 Silknight Kills, 3 green LVL 10 weapons, Many orange weapons, 4 orange crafting scraps.

MYNISTA
06-02-2011, 12:51 PM
How do you find out how many kills you have per boss etc? Thx!

JaytB
06-02-2011, 12:56 PM

By writing it down or so ;)

MYNISTA
06-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Thought so...lol. Thx.

YYZ????
06-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Yes, I keep a pad & pen handy and jot down what drops and such.

BigBah
06-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Gluttony has made a valid point in that what the original OP posted was not proof. This was not meant as a offense to the OP just a observation. Valid proof would be a undoctored screenshot of a uper level player with drop as it happened.

Swimmingstar
06-02-2011, 04:38 PM
A lvl 48 looted it while I was on 50 except it's a staff It's no fair cuz I did most work :(

Jag303
06-14-2011, 09:08 PM
I just have a question...
From what bosses do the doom weapons drop from?

Twinkman
06-17-2011, 12:59 AM
ps it took me 8 days to loot the buwanda with my farming friends

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
06-17-2011, 06:46 AM
any level can loot a lv10 pink in forest havin if he was in dark forest he will definitely get a lv14 pink.

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
06-17-2011, 06:47 AM
I just have a question...
From what bosses do the doom weapons drop from?

any.